Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives

User Tag List

Old 02-01-2020, 11:30 AM   #1
KempoMRK

KempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant future
Default Emcee Battle League Magazine (October 9th 2005)

Intro

This week wasn’t good. One battle took place and only 5 verses were posted, I think it was more than last week though which was good. I’ve recruited some people from other boards and got people from this board to sign up to the league though, so we’ve got quite a lot of people this week. These weeks are basically just filler weeks though until we get the title started, yet everyone still has to try as hard to become the first ever champion of this league. So everyone who’s signed up, make sure you drop. Everyone who’s reading this and isn’t signed up, SIGN UP! There are people battling in the battle arena who aren’t signed up to the league which is stupid, cos everyone who battles should sign up for the league. Anyway, on to the rest of the mag.

Battle Reviews

Acute vs Celcius
Double No Show

Consycous vs Illegit
Illegit no-showed. As Consycous posted a verse I shall break it down for him later on in the mag, props to Consycous for showing.

Irie vs Exodus
Exodus no-showed. Irie posted a verse so I shall also break it down later for him, props to Irie for showing.

Def Starr vs Mr Ed
Def Starr no-shows after checking in late. How hard is it to post up a quick verse after your opponent has given you more time than you deserve? Props to Mr Ed for checking in.

Franny18 vs Sean Stackz
Stackz no-shows, Franny posts a verse that I’ll break down later. Props to Franny for posting a verse.

KempoMRK vs Copy
Well holy fuck, a match happens! Shame it’s one I’m in and voting is still open in, so I can hardly review my own battle. Props to Copy for showing, he’s showed both weeks and got opponents both weeks so well done to him.

No Show Breakdown’s

Consycous

*in-ate* let *loos* *loogy* filled grill piece, *eligible* for reconstruction....
but u *get* lost and *get* torn apart again....

I dunno if this was a bar, but I don’t see a rhyme in any of the five lines. Drop the ** shit as well, it makes your verse look real newbish. If you want to point out your wordplay use ‘’, that’s what most people use.

*insane* enough u are to believe im over matched.....?
im saposed to be scared?

Filler, try and make every line mean something also. No rhyme either.

i got no choice but to *tolerate*----
but i block b.i.t.c.h----
hu hu fuck my losses it’s a clean slate.....

Well you rhymed but it wasn’t a punch or anything, just more filler.

case u missed it?....
i spelt your name out on your forehead wit a rusty rake.....
win or loose every match i start and end wit a smirk in a mean face....

More filler, try and be more creative, and actually punch at your opponent, this verse could be for anyone where as with good battlers you can tell who their verse is for.

u probably win most days except when your opponent all so has the devil for a ghost writa....
but ill kill devil and when i meat him....

Well, you spelt meet wrong, so spell check your stuff after you write it. There wasn’t even a rhyme here again, rhyming is a fundamental of battling and you ain’t doing it.

ill kill death first cause i don't need him to get to the undaworld.....
plus im immortal so u can't kill a CONSCYOUS lord.....
all u can do now, is scream pleas have mercy o lord....?
wat eva u got to drop an't gonna be but a bore.....

A sort of punch as your closer, and that was the only one which amazes me. Read tuts, battle every week in the league and battle in the arena and you’ll elevate. But you don’t even rhyme your words so you have a lot of elevation to do.

Irie

Ima break Exodus down like we scrappin in the Bible..
Homie battles like young Moses, cuz ya floatin in de-Nile....

That was a really nice concept, but it was worded in a way that it didn’t make all that much sense. If you could have worded this better it would have been a dope punch, it was still pretty nice though, good wordplay and complexity. Your setup made sense to your punchline as well which a lot of people don’t do.

Its over before it started, this is part 1, im leavin undefeated..
the result is disasterous, a conclusion isnt needed....

I didn’t get this, I dunno if it was meant to be wordplay or what but it was just filler.

Is Enzi Akila? hell nah, here Enzi's a dead man..
His last minutes will be spent in ICU pissin in a bed pan....

More filler, while you related your setup to punchline which was good again it was still filler.

Bombin Domiciles, im pimp slappin dudes jurisdicton..
Easily, i peeped where ya from,you one of Jerzz' bitches....

Decent personal, but needed to be more complex and worded better to hit nice.

Herbs slippin, seen ya battle record, ya far from a hero..
We can add 10+1 to my KO, youd still lose 14-2-0....

Another decent personal, but it didn’t make all that much sense.

Cryin puddles of hate, ya reflection is quite embarrassin..
Like ya erection, i know i spit harder in comparison....

Played concept, try to never use cum lines, dick lines or mum lines in your verses.

Now ya bare-ly droppin like ya shittin in the nude..
Id be pissed to be you, like ya old name, ya history, too....

Filler, nothing special.

And when i end ya dude, ya left sweatin under pressure..
Im in my oasis winnin, Jew still wanderin in the desert....

Going back to the bible concept again, this was alright to close, overall an alright verse actually, you’ve got a lot of potential as you’re incorporating wordplay and stuff into your verses, so keep battling in the league and you’ll get a lot better.

Franny18

Enough fact is sean sucks so lets just call me vs. him a tussle
punches weak like battling a crippled kid wit no arm muscles

Sorta complex but the punch didn’t hit that hard and it’s quite played.

Ha seriously Got hustle? I highly doubt it Bitch do you even got money
Talkin like your dope but in vein you’re a joke on rapsites at age 20

That’s pretty decent, as I’ve said to you before though try and word things so they make more sense and hit harder, as the concept is there but it could hit so much harder if you just rejigged the words a bit.

Damn dummy reppin a dead crew but be as LOW as you wanna be
Becuz after this battle ill be reppin a dead you wit pics in my sig n avy

Good personal, but “ill be reppin a dead you” I had to read a couple of times to make sense of it, use commas and I also like to use “…” to give a punch more impact.

Ima bomb this ho, if the faggot shows, get head crushed we can just say ko’d
So if he really makes to battle me ill just stack seans parts like legos

Good nameplay but once again try wording it better. The setup was done for flow also I guess, so that’s ok, but the punch needs to be worded better still.

So lego my ego I mean cmon now just jump off my dick
You havent had one post worth reading since feb 2 thousand 5th

Nice personal again, probably your best line. But the whole join date concept could be flipped better though, wording again lacks a bit though. Overall you also have a lot of potential, if you reworded this whole verse it’d be pretty nice but as it is it was just decent.

1. Franny18 – Dude is decent with the concepts, but wording needs to be improved on.

2. Exodus – Well he no-showed so he can be taken out for this week.

3. Mr.Ed – This guy is pretty good also. I read a couple of battle of his and he’s prob one of the most polished in the league, as his wording is good so his punches hit. He’ll be up there around the title for sure.

4. young_one – If you read down and check my breakdown about R Pain you’ll see also what I think about young_one. Reading his verse against Golden Child it was almost like a topical drop, so if he ups his punches he’ll also do well.

5. 6 Ounce – Another one I recruited, he’s got the concepts but he just needs to word them to hit, he’ll be up there though as he is a decent battler.

6. CONSCYOUS – I read his battle this week and based on that he really needs to elevate, throw punches at your opponent as opposed to saying how you’ll kill him and bragging about yourself. The league is good for elevation though so stay in it.

7. .::Khemikal::. – I recruited him cos he’s nice with multi’s and is an all round good battler. If he can improve on his punches and make them better he’ll be great. Definitely someone who could be champion.

8. Copy – Based on his verse against me this week he’s not bad, needs to be more creative with punches though as a lot of them were quite freestylish. Has decent multi’s and after a couple of weeks I can see him elevating a lot.

9. KempoMRK - :Wink:

10. J.A.W.S – Dude seems cocky, as he dropped a basically freestyle verse against Carlito Brigante and thought he won, but with a few weeks battling and learning the fundamentals he’ll be decent.

11. J.Hens – This guy is fucking ill, let’s hope he remembers about this cos he’s won basically every battle league he’s been in, and is a legend at all those sites. I doubt he’ll stay in past this week though as this league is too small for him, and I’m apprehensive about whether or not he’ll even remember about this battle and make enough posts in time to drop a verse.

12. IRIE – He’s pretty nice, he had the best verse this week and if he sorts out consistency in verses, as he tends to have a good bar then a few weak ones then a good one again, he’ll be good.

13. John Hensley – This is the fake John Hensley, the real one being J.Hens, and he’s gonna get murdered when he battles the real one.

14. R Pain – Based on his verse against Nightmare, he’s also very freestylish. Doesn’t aim that many punches at his opponent so therefore they don’t hit all that hard, but he’s quite polished also so if he becomes more creative and personal with his punches he’ll do well.

15. Ink 'n' Ish – Another dude I recruited who has a lot of potential. I battled him before and he beat me 5-4 at B-Boys, and he’s improved quite a bit since then. Sometimes he tries to be overly complex though and his punches don’t quite hit hard enough, he’s a good battler though and this league is perfect for him. Definite championship contender.

16. Ace Heratoga - I looked through 7 pages of his posts, didn’t find a single battle of his so I gave up looking. Based on his topicals though he looks decent.

Outro

We’ve got 16 people and if they all show then the league will be good next week, all drop as well as you can so you’re right up there for the title shot at week 5. Then after that I believe you will have to work your way into the contendership match after we implement a rankings system for the league. So drop good verses and impress and I’ll make sure you get featured in here. Props for this week go to Copy and Franny who have showed every week they’ve been in the league, everyone should be like them in that aspect and drop every week, no matter if you think your going to get beat or not. Peace, see you next week when we hopefully have a good week.

KempoMRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 11:41 AM   #2
KempoMRK

KempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant future

This was the first league I ever ran on EmceeForums.com. I recently found a bunch of mags saved on a backup disc.

I think @the Munster is the only person who'd likely remember this league.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:29 AM   #3
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

I remember it. I champed the topical tourney vs Dion in the finals.
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:51 AM   #4
KempoMRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
I remember it. I champed the topical tourney vs Dion in the finals.
That's dope. Was your username Diablo on there?
Old 03-18-2020, 08:54 AM   #5
the Munster

the Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempoMRK View Post
That's dope. Was your username Diablo on there?
Lol that’s Lars bro. He still uses multiple aliases, I believe he has over ten on this site and that he is an actual schizophrenic

Mr. Ed for the win out that bitch tho
the Munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:55 AM   #6
the Munster

the Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant future

I remember franny18 that dude was weird as fuck but for some reason he would rip you. He had the weirdest style ever

And me and ace heratoga champed a tag tourney I think
Old 03-18-2020, 08:56 AM   #7
the Munster

I still talk to hens on occasion that’s the homie
Old 05-01-2020, 02:03 PM   #8
KempoMRK

Yeah I never rated Franny18 but he was champ for an absurd amount of weeks, this is from the latest mag I have:

Quote:
EBL Championship Match: 1. Franny18 (12-1) vs 2. sweens (6-1)

Franny won again here. He had some cool stuff and so did sweens, but Franny edged it again. 13 weeks unbeaten now as his only loss was a no-show. Sweens seemed to be getting told that his 1st lines sucked, they’re fucking setups. Setups are not punches, they are exactly as you should assume, to setup the corresponding punchline. So yeah, setups ain’t punches and someone shouldn’t lose votes for that. But yeah, Franny won this.
Seems you faced him the following week but I can't remember who won:

Quote:
EBL Championship Match: 1. Franny18 (13-1) vs 2. Iron Mike (10-4)

Rematch! This is a rematch of week 5 when Franny won and beat Iron Mike, then known as Mr Ed, to win the title. However many weeks later Franny is still champ and Iron Mike blew a chance at being contender earlier about 2 weeks ago when he failed to vote in battles. So now Mike clearly wants to win this battle and I think he’ll do it. He said that he’s been waiting for this battle since he lost to Franny in week 5, so I reckon he’s gonna be really determined to win and do so. So Franny you better drop hard otherwise Iron Mike will probably surprise you. Iron Mike to win.
Ace Heratoga battled in the LBL a lot when I ran it, then the WBL too.

The real Hensley no-showed his battle. Hilarious that there was an imposter running around. He impersonated butler as well, I remember.