Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 3 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 01:36 PM   #41
Mael
Almighty

Battle Record: 2-3

Mael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant future

I actually posted this in the wrong thread.

Excellent mag, @Certain. Yet again, I'm left speechless by your analytical skills. You did make a few typos and little mistakes here and there, however.

Since you asked;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
His style isn't so much unique as it is an almalgam of many other greater writers' styles.
*Amalgam - you added an extra 'l' before the first 'm'.

Quote:
He also doesn't not have an elite grip on mechanics, so he will be outrhymed.
Does not or doesn't. The extra 'not' (with it's contracted form) need not apply.

Quote:
And he has a bad trolling habit that sometimes gets in the way of his other pusuits here.
*Pursuits - forgot the 'r' after the first 'u'.

Quote:
Those subte allusions can get to the point where they are indecipherable for readers, alienating his voters.
*Subtle - forgot the 'l' after the 't'.

Quote:
Also, he needs to stop over-formating his text.
*Formatting - forgot to add the extra 't'.

Quote:
His grip on combining rhyme schemes and orginal and interesting diction is hard to come across, and he is a true title contender as a result.
*Original - forgot the 'i' after 'r'.

Quote:
He loses battles because of unapproachbility every once in a while, even as good as he has become at dealing with that issue.
*Unapproachability - forgot the 'a' after the 'h'.

Quote:
He's sloppy, though, and oats is better than him at pretty much ever aspect of this discipline.
*Every

Quote:
Verb's best bet would be to play it tigher and go for the error-free approach.
*Tighter(?) - forgot the 't' after the 'h'.

Quote:
Lets keep it moving forward.
Should be the contracted form of let us; let's. Nothing is being permitted.

Quote:
Of course, I don’t speak spanish, so to me it’s just one emotionally heavy conversation followed by another in different rooms.
The 's' in Spanish should be capitalized.

Quote:
He's one of my favorites for his straightahead style, possessing a firm grasp of mechanics and a narrative style that makes his stories easy to read.
We both know you forgot to add the dash.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #42
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

Great mag. Seriously makes me wish I stayed in.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #43
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, @Mael. I'll correct the ones in my parts. I didn't proofread this at all.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #44
Mael
Almighty

Mael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant future

No worries, @Certain. Great mag, nonetheless.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:09 PM   #45
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

It's of no surprise to me that all but one of the errors came in the writer capsules, which I wrote Thursday night while exhausted.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:26 PM   #46
Mael
Almighty

I'd suggest Microsoft Word with it's spell check system. As Zenland said, I wish I had signed up after reading the breakdowns. I might when I have more time to write.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #47
sacrifice

Battle Record: 1-3

sacrifice is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sacrifice Send a message via Yahoo to sacrifice Send a message via Skype™ to sacrifice

Superb. Simply superb.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:43 AM   #48
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

listening to Certains breakdown now. was fully expecting him to sound less like the khan academy guy and more like Montez from Workaholics

excited for story leads

PMing topic ideas late tomorrow

lmao@ Frank-proof
Old 02-24-2014, 12:53 AM   #49
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Eight View Post
listening to Certains breakdown now. was fully expecting him to sound less like the khan academy guy and more like Montez from Workaholics

excited for story leads

PMing topic ideas late tomorrow

lmao@ Frank-proof
I'll be more animated next time.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #50
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mael View Post
I'd suggest Microsoft Word with it's spell check system. As Zenland said, I wish I had signed up after reading the breakdowns. I might when I have more time to write.
its
Old 02-24-2014, 02:12 PM   #51
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

Certain idk how I missed your audio commentary before but it was pretty awesome truth be told. Had me cracking up throughout and you did a really good job with your list of most underrated. I would agree with many of those you chose.

Entire magazine was gold from oats and vulgs thoughtful discussion to the profiles to the predictions. If this is the quality we are to expect then I have no doubt that this will be the most successful AOWL yet.

Salute
Old 02-27-2014, 09:22 PM   #52
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

As a matter of saving my time and rewarding the non-procrastinators, I'm going to be giving more detailed breakdowns of verses that don't require extensions every week in the magazine. If you post by Thursday, you'll get about twice as much feed as if you require until Friday.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:19 PM   #53
sacrifice

Battle Record: 1-3

sacrifice is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sacrifice Send a message via Yahoo to sacrifice Send a message via Skype™ to sacrifice

Quote:
As a matter of saving my time and rewarding the non-procrastinators, I'm going to be giving more detailed breakdowns of verses that don't require extensions every week in the magazine. If you post by Thursday, you'll get about twice as much feed as if you require until Friday.
That's unfortunate, but understandable.

I had my verse about 50% done by Thursday, but life got in the way (3 year old child, preparing to move to Florida next month, etc... I couldn't pass a league like this up, so I'll cut my losses).

I'll post by thursday from now on.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:56 AM   #54
e11even
V.V

Battle Record: 31-20

e11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant future

I had to do a last minute rewrite after a family outing. I'm in though.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:00 AM   #55
Diode
PR's Finest

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

@Certain can you please let me edit this one line

but he'll never find vengeance being relentless to a man that's plateaued

remove the but?

also the line preceding it should say it's instead of it' (obv)

didnt want to take a chance my clock was a min diff from the server
Old 03-01-2014, 03:02 AM   #56
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Done.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:11 AM   #57
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

You're the man^
Old 03-01-2014, 03:12 AM   #58
Diode
PR's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
You're the man^
this
Old 03-01-2014, 04:40 AM   #59
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vividlyvague View Post
I had to do a last minute rewrite after a family outing. I'm in though.
I don't like the new AV, makes me feel like I'm talking to Mr. J

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 03-01-2014, 05:00 AM   #60
e11even
V.V

Battle Record: 31-20

e11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant future

If it's of any consolation, I'm actually in the process of changing it. But every one means something so I'm meticulous about my profile changes. Sorta.