Old 12-14-2017, 02:46 PM   #21
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

I’ll finish this tomorrow.

Got it on audible so I should finish this during work
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:58 PM   #22
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

This book is interesting to say the least. Some ideas are out there lol.
The first story actually is pretty dam dope lol. I was like ok that was a surprise
Got a couple favorites in here but I’ll wait until everyone is done to give my full
Review. But so far(32 of 40 chptr read) so good
Old 12-15-2017, 01:54 PM   #23
KempoMRK

KempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
This book is interesting to say the least. Some ideas are out there lol.
The first story actually is pretty dam dope lol. I was like ok that was a surprise
Got a couple favorites in here but I’ll wait until everyone is done to give my full
Review. But so far(32 of 40 chptr read) so good
I'm looking forward to finding out what your favourites are. I've got some favourites and they've definitely stuck in my head from when I first read the book, so I'm curious if yours will be similar.
KempoMRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:59 PM   #24
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempoMRK View Post
I'm looking forward to finding out what your favourites are. I've got some favourites and they've definitely stuck in my head from when I first read the book, so I'm curious if yours will be similar.
Word once enough people finish it I’ll add it don’t wanna ruin it lol. But yo I’m done and this book was a trip. Very interesting language and ideas. Good read for sure
Old 12-28-2017, 02:43 PM   #25
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

still a few days left to the month

im gonna blaze thru this this week

will be back
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:12 AM   #26
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

respect for keeping this going!
Old 12-29-2017, 12:46 PM   #27
KempoMRK

KempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant future

Sweet!

I finished it a couple of weeks ago, shall post thoughts soon.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:39 PM   #28
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Same here
Old 12-30-2017, 11:22 AM   #29
KempoMRK

6 or 7 years after I first read this I really enjoyed it again. It's not a book to read in a short period of time, it's best to dip in and out by reading a few chapters every day or two. I found that when I read half of the book in one sitting it started to feel repetitive, but by breaking it up a bit more it makes it far more enjoyable. I love the concept of the afterlife, so this appealed to me when I first read it and it still appeals to me now. I enjoyed the creativity of all of the chapters, even though some were a little dull. My favourites were the following:

Metamorphosis - You live on in the afterlife until your name is spoken for the last time. I liked that this was considered beyond sentimentality, by thinking about the types of people who wouldn't want to be there.
Great Expectations - Everyone signs up to a virtual afterlife where you can choose what you want to be, but upon death they're disappointed to find out it was a con, and they're in the stereotypical version of heaven with fluffy clouds and harps. This one made me laugh because I could imagine humans getting completely duped by it.
Will-o'-the-Wisp - You can watch anything happening on earth on a TV screen, however, only the sinners are allowed to watch as it's seen as a form of torture to see your loved ones disappoint, grow old and die.
Prism - You're split into multiple versions of yourself at all different ages. I found this very clever because I'd often thought about what body you'd become in a hypothetical afterlife.
Subjunctive - You share an afterlife with hundreds of different versions of yourself, who have made better or worse choices than you did. I really liked this one, probably my favourite of them all. The thought of seeing the better and lesser versions of yourself and growing to hate them all was very funny but also thought provoking.

I initially gave this a 4/5 when I first reviewed it years ago, and I think I'll stick with that. Though at times it became repetitive I found that overall it was such an enjoyable concept that it managed to go beyond that.

4/5
Old 01-02-2018, 09:16 AM   #30
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Word this was an outstanding book. Lots of great ideas

Honestly I only disliked a few of them, mostly the shorter ones as they didn’t have to much context

Loved the one about choosing your own after life before you died. Thought that was very interesting and telling lol. Even in the after life niggas get bored and complacent? Word lol.
What I found interesting about the subjunctive is almost how predictable that scenario is. As soon as I started reading and realized the plot, I thought to myself, man I wouldn’t want to see my self more or less successful than I am now. I mean dam that’s a scary perspective to think about. I mean imagine I have thoughts of what ifs all the time. Some good but most bad so I imagine that scene would not be good one to experience over an eternity. Lol

Dope book 4/5......I didn’t like that he kept mention god as a she. Fuck that bullshit
Old 01-05-2018, 01:43 PM   #31
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

We still doing this?

Just finished Artemis shit was boss.

Starting the the light between oceans.

What’s good people
Old 01-06-2018, 12:45 PM   #32
KempoMRK

Quote:
What I found interesting about the subjunctive is almost how predictable that scenario is. As soon as I started reading and realized the plot, I thought to myself, man I wouldn’t want to see my self more or less successful than I am now. I mean dam that’s a scary perspective to think about. I mean imagine I have thoughts of what ifs all the time. Some good but most bad so I imagine that scene would not be good one to experience over an eternity. Lol
Yeah, it's a terrifying premise. It seems cool at first then you realise how awful it'd be haha.

I'm down to read whatever for January.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:49 PM   #33
Ghost1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Sorry homies I've had the flu for 5 days -_-

I still plan to get to this but we can do a new book for this month obv
Old 01-06-2018, 01:21 PM   #34
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

I’m reading the light between oceans if anyone is interested in that.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:40 PM   #35
Ghost1

WW2 stuff right? I forget...I seen it at the store the other day tho
Old 01-06-2018, 07:49 PM   #36
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
WW2 stuff right? I forget...I seen it at the store the other day tho
Nah it’s about a man an woman finding a baby in the middle of the ocean. That’s what I know so far. Lol
Old 01-06-2018, 07:54 PM   #37
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

Quote:
Nah it’s about a man an woman finding a baby in the middle of the ocean. That’s what I know so far. Lol
BB LYK THIS BOOK
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:01 PM   #38
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

the journey of

stupid sexy bitch to
finer than anyone's woman posted here to
i mean she certainly isn't a 10 to
she's fine af compared to knuck's wife to
silver is a 10 compared to knuck's wife

was the destination here.

those mental gymnastics tend to stir a morbid curiosity when observed. scintillating read.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:11 AM   #39
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Yoooooooo

Finished light between oceans, another dope read.

Reading the five people you meet in heaven now.

Dude dies and go to heaven and he meets 5 people from his lifetime and they tell him about his life thru their perspective. Sounds dope and it’s short.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:59 AM   #40
Ghost1

im have to peep that one u just finished. coincidentally eough I read 5 people u meet in heaven a couple weeks ago....thought it sucked honestly lol. its not the worst thing but it was type boring to me and not really profound at all for the subject content...at least to me anyways.

Tags
bags read how to be a father, ghost1 cringe itt, hooray for brains!, inno scared of bags itt, knowledge is power!, nerdcees