Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > King of the Spring > Archive > 1-2 Punch League > Archive

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 02:01 AM   #1
Jabari Black
Sun Tzu

Battle Record: 13-6

Champed
- Battle Arena League
- 1-2 Punch League
- Netcees Battle League
- Netcees SOL

Jabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant future
Default 1-2 PUNCH PLAYOFFS ROUND 1 MAG: SAY HI TO INCREDIBLE FOR ME (FT FLOW & CASHIUS)

INTRO

*Pours out liquor for Zelph*

Playoff Seeding & Battler Profiles

16. Witty

Although he’s a guy who considers himself a topical writer, Witty can put the gloves on and go blow for blow in a battle. Witty is currently one of my favorite battlers to read. Coming off good showings in the Summer Classic and NBL, Witty is coming looking to shake up the brackets as a strong 16 seed.

Witty was a late entrant to the 1-2 Punch League, signing in in Week 8. He had a very weird start to the season as he won his first 3 battles via no show, but received positive feedback for his punches in those battles. He is coming of back to back losses, however, in his only contested battles this season.

Witty’s strong suits are humor and wit. He excels when he’s able to combine those attributes with personal angles.

I do think he still finding his footing in the 1-2 league. His still is probably best suited for regular battles, but he can do a lot of damage if he can adapt his style for one punch.

Best Punch: Week 9 vs Useless
“Now I know why you really want an alias tourney....

I wrote better raps up in pre-school, ur shit's wack and ur see through
Cuz mannn, if I wrote like THAT...I'd try to hide the fact it was me too.”

15. Twodrop

Twodrop is from the 2018 class and part of the new wave, joining the site around the same time as myself. Two made some noise in this past season’s BAL, before sliding into a bit of a slump.I think he’s out of the slump but hasn’t been able to make as much of an impact in the 1-2 as he did in the BAL

Twodrop has an aggressive, gunbar heavy style, though not 100% gun bars. Although we haven’t seen it much in the 1-2, Two is funny af and is very effective at using humor in his punch (“I see you grams”).

Twodrop jumped out to a strong 3-1 start in the league. He then dropped 4 straight (during the aforementioned slump). Twodrop started to right the ship though and even earned a contenders match before finishing 5-7.

Two is dangerous. He understands how to craft a punch. If he’s able to come think of a great concept, his execution is good enough to land a nice punch.

Best Punch: Week 1 vs Ahriman
“U'll think the strap imaginary, funny u thought I'd fight fair
Bring more real rounds to this battle than a flat earther's worst nightmare”

14. DMS

DMS is another guy who’s new to the site. He’s one of the guy who Lenox brought to the site from his KIK league. At the moment, he’s having the most success out of the guys from that league.

DMS can rap. He doesn’t get a lot of recognition, but the guy comes up with solid punches, and he gets wins. He misses on occasions, but he’s typically consistent.

After starting 2-0, DMS had a nice punch against Orc in a battle that was overshadowed by controversy. DMS won in an odd “forfeit”, but I personally believe he had the better punch anyways. After a 3-0 start, DMS ended at 4-3.

I think DMS is talented. I personally believe his issue is moreso adapting to the site than ability. As he continue to battle, he’ll find ways to execute his clever wordplay and punches in a way that resonates more with the site.

Best Punch: Week 5 vs Burd
“I got a little burden trouble, what am I saying it’s a lightweight
The way I KO orc, I’m a backwards crook in the right way”

13. Chyeahhh!!!

Chyeahhh is DIFFERENT - and I mean that in a good way. His style is completely unique. Although he can punch, he typically doesn’t rely on it. He’s more likely to use word association schemes, subtle wordplay, and entendres.

Chyeahhh start out strong, earning a contenders spot after a 4-0 start. Chyeahhh found himself in a slump, dropping 4 in a row.

He’d then win 3 out of his next 4 including a win against BodySnatcher where he had a ridiculous triple entendres. I know y’all niggas don’t be breaking bars down like that - but that was crazy.

Anyways, Chyeahhh earned a shot at the championship, but didn’t quite capitalize, ending his season at 6-7.

Chyeahhh’s coming in at a strong 13th seed. I think Chyeahhh’s biggest strength is sometimes his biggest curse as, occasionally, he’ll sacrifice crisp wording for more tie ins or try to be so clever it lacks a sting. When he’s on, I think he has the pen to beat anyone. Chyeahhh might be one to watch for a early upset.

Best Punch: Week 8 (LR) vs Body Snatcher
“trouble's on the horizon, fucka, I'm Poseidon!
get suttin sharp stuck in you till gum tissue blows bubbles from the Trident”

12. Killing Spree (7-9)

In a recent mag, I said that Killing Spree is like the really talented football player that smokes too much, misses practice, and overall doesn’t put in the work. Its true.

Killing Spree is very talented in my opinion. He has dope concepts, he comes up with slick wordplay, a he’s really good at having subtle tie ins….when he wants to. When Spree is on, he’s on. When he’s not, his punches can feel very rushed and scattered. Other times he doesn’t even show.

Killing Spree started out the season 0-2 and stayed right below 50% until about midway through the season. Killing Spree started to catch steam and won 4 out of 5 battles from week 6 to 9 (including Lightning Round battles). Spree ended the season losing 4 straight, ending the season with a record of 7-9.

Killing Spree has the talent to get an early upset, but the right Spree is going to have to show up. Spree’s shown he can rise to the occasion when he’s feeling motivated. If he puts in the time to really craft and clean up his punch, he has the concepts to give anyone a run for their money.

Best Punch: Week 7 (LR) vs Bleak
Bro Ur Main chick?...
“Dropped this goon for bein a duck! We know this weak’ll get rocked
Bieksa top D player for tha King...1 Punch’ll have Ur face on ice & Mine in’a box”

11. bleak

Bleak’s been around for a while. He was pretty much lower to lower-mid tier up for a while. Bleak started to ramp it though in the second half of Season 10 of the NBL. That momentum carried over a bit to the BAL, but bleak really caught fire in this season of the 1-2 league.

Bleak been experimenting with his style. When he’s at his best, he’s a has a very aggressive style that comes off as clever and harsh. At his worse, he’s too clever for his own good and starts to not make sense.

Bleak started out the season RED HOT. He jumped to a 5-0 start, getting very quality wins over DynamiCz and Inf (DQ...of course) before getting a HUGE upset win against Blue Bayou to earn a spot in the season’s first championship match. Bleak would then go on to become the season’s first champion.

Bleak’s second half of the season looked day and night different from his first half, however. Bleak would go 1-6 throughout the rest of the season, struggling to land punches with the effectiveness he did in his first 5 battles.

Bleak was hungry in the first half of the season. If he can regain that hunger, he can really shake up the playoffs. Bleak been experimenting with his style. Hopefully the experiment is over. If bleak’s able to create the same caliber of punches that made him the season’s first champ, he can be dangerous.

Best Punch: Week 4 vs Blue Bayou
"Bitch I'll lift the Tek&Tag you, then steal yo whore in a rush.
Think Yoshimitsu: she bent over BOUNCIN' with a sword in her gut"

10. Amen

Amen’s a semi-retired vet who shocked us by signing into the 1-2 in week 3. Amen has a nice resume, but was active wayyy before my time.

Amen showed a bit a ring rust when when he first signed in week 3. For his first 4 battles, he had good concepts often utilizing creative angles. However, he did struggle a bit with his wording and making sure that his concepts had a clear and concise points. He’s starting to catch stride now and is landing his punches effectively.

Amen has stayed at and above 50% W/L for pretty much the entire season. In his first 4 battles, he was able to get wins over 2 pretty infamous punches from his opponents. He also took a few “Amen’s wife” punches on the chin, accounting for his 2 losses in his 2-2 start.

Amen then benefited from a no show win against Ghost and a contested loss against DynamiCz before getting two convincing wins to close out the season at 5-3.

Amen is coming into the playoffs with momentum. He’s shaken the rust off and he’s a very well rounded battles. His well roundedness allows him to strategize and utilize personals, schemes, aggression, or a combination of all 3 depending on who he’s battling. It’ll be interesting to see how he fairs against some of the younger and more active battlers.

Best Punch: Week 4 vs Burd
“This faggot’s soft no heart, when I pull up the guns’ll spark,
Fuck Burd emotions, 2 shots’ll put’em in a deeper hole – No under par.”

9. Plot

Plot has been middle of the pack and flown under the radar for most of the season. Plot utilized a style that slightly favors gun bars, but has also had a nice mix of personals and humor to keep everything fresh.

As stated early, Plot’s been middle of the road this entire season. Plot started the season 2-2 including a very nice punch against Veritas in week 4. After going 2-1 in his next 3 battles, Plot went on to earn a contenders match that he lost to Chyeahhh in week

Plot never hit any real winning streak, but also avoided any costly losing streaks and finished the season at 7-6.

Plot consistently drops solid punches. He’s had a number of really good concepts this season. I believe the only thing holding Plot back is sometimes his wording isn’t great and some of his punches can lack steam. The majority of his punches have been gun bars - especially when there’s no solid angle on his opponent, but sometimes those gun bars can come off a bit indirect.

If Plot’s at the top of his game, he can make a deep playoff run. Even if he isn’t, he’s consistent enough to be a threat to anyone.

Best Punch: Week 7 vs DynamiCz
“You'll get clowned Dy, shot in front of the whole world when these rounds fly..
No news-anchor but you'll keep getting the boom in your face like Im the sound guy.”

8. Viper

Viper is an alias for a very talented, top tier battler. He kinda gave himself away last week, but I’ll play along...somewhat.

Viper signed in Week 6 (after signing out week 5 lol) with no introduction. Viper is a pure puncher. He’s gun bar heavy and has no trouble with wording and execution.

Viper put the league on notice with a solid win in his first battle in the 1-2. Viper then went largely unnoticed as his went 2-1 in his next 3 battles - all by no show. Viper then had a stellar week 10 with 2 fire punches against Chyeahhh and DMS, earning a contenders spot in the process.

Despite having a nice punch, Viper came up just short against Cashius in the contenders match, giving him his only non-no show loss of the season. Viper would go on to finish the season 6-3.

If Viper shows, he has a legit shot at winning the 1-2 League. Every punch he’s dropped has been nice this season. Knowing who the alias is, he’s capable of beating anyone in the playoffs. Coming in as a strong 9 seed, it’ll be interesting to see how far he goes in the playoffs.

Best Punch: Week 10 (LR) vs Chyeahhh
“whole crew got metal. at his house w the steel ain’t nothin realer
even go to work w the tools n let a hammer talk like Bob the Builder”

7. Flow

Flow is one of my favorite to read - not because I think he’s the best - but because his style captures the essence of battle rap...breaking down your opponent. Flow is best when he’s using personals. He’s excellent at “creating” angles on his opponent, and the way he uses those angles can be BRUTAL.

Flow has had an up and down season. Flow started out the season a bit slow, coming out 2-3 including a no show win. Flow then went on to win 4 straight battles - all 4 utilizing personals - dropping his best bars this season in the process. Flow came up a bit short against Blue in his championship match, and then went on an UGLY 6 battle losing streak which included some punches that certainly weren’t up to par with Flow’s usual material.

Flow righted the ship though and won 3 straight to end the season at 9-10.

Flow, The Upset Champ, is always a threat to beat literally anyone. Flow excels against vets who have a lot of dirt on them that can be crafted into personal angles. I think how far Flow goes in the tourney may depend on how the brackets shape out. If Flow catches a few vets with lots of angles, he may make a very deep tourney run.

Best Punch: Week 6 (LR) vs Destroyer
“Old age left you witta shrivelled dick - feel for who you married
She hasnt pulled something that small an limp out of her since she miscarried”

6. DynamiCz

DynamiCz is one of the biggest names of the new era and class of 2018. DynamiCz has been making noise since Season 10 of the NBL, but really started to make a name for himself in the BAL.

Dy is a gun bar rapper. Gun bars are part of his identity. Despite being one of the many new gun bar rappers on the site, Dy has a very unique and distinct style. He’s unique wording and his ability create imagery in his lines separate his style from guys like myself.

Despite his prior success, Dy had a slow start to the 1-2 league. He started 0-2 after 2 very close losses. After taking a short break, Dy signed back in and elevated to 2-2. Still finding his footing, Dy went 1-3, before winning 5 straight. After a contested loss to BodySnatcher, Dy ended the season at 8-6.

Although he struggled a bit to start, Dy is dangerous because he has a style that’s effective for the 1-2. He’s another pure puncher is capable of dropping a big haymaker at any time. I think Dy has all the tools but his wording can make or break the punch. Honestly, at times, I think his wording is fine, just doesn’t fit the netcees mold and/or goes over heads.

Dy’s catching his groove and figuring out what’s landing and what isn’t in the 1-2. He’ll certainly be one to watch in the playoffs.

Best Punch: Week 11 (LR) vs Flow
“Detective Flow! About to drop a corny info leak....try me with ya best reach
Snitching behind them bars for Power, I should let this Tommy Pop like Tony Teresi”

5. Destroyer

Destroyer is a talented vet. He’s a very well rounded and has a unique style. Des is able to execute a gun bar one week, some slick wordplay the next, then come out joking the next, and he’s able to do it effortlessly. He also often utilized dry, snarky humor in his bars and I think it translates well to his style.

I personally believe that Des struggled at bit at the beginning of the season - but that didn’t show in his record. Des started the season 4-1, earning one of the first contenders spots in the season. After back to back losses, including a loss in the contenders match, Des stayed on the right side of 50% for the entire season.

Des decided to sign out and only participate in the lightning rounds after week 8. He closed out his season winning 4 straight and finishing with a record of 9-4.

Des may be the most versatile battler in the playoffs. I think he has a distinct advantage in that he’ll be able to strategize and use a certain type of bar based on who his opponent is. One thing he’ll need to avoid though is his tendency to play down to his competition. Des has had some great wins, but also some close wins that shouldn’t have been close due to the discrepancy in talent.

Des is a pro at this though and he always finds a way to win. He’ll be one of the favorites to make a deep run.

Best Punch: Week 11 vs BodySnatcher
“des got one in each hand & when I start to squeeze... this bitch fucked
rain so much metal down on snatch, it’s like I brought quarter rolls to the strip club”

4. Cashius

Cashius will undoubtedly be one of the favorites to win the whole thing. Cashius is going into the playoffs as the current and 2x champ, a Hall of Famer, and one of the best active battlers on Netcees right now.

Cashius is a very well rounded battler. He doesn’t rely on aggressive bars, but rather breaks down his opponent with name plays, angles, and lines aimed directly at his opponent.

Cashius has looked damn near unstoppable at times. He’s had a stellar season. Cashius started the season 3-1, earning a contenders match which he capitalized on to become the second champ of the league. After losing the title the following week to Blue Bayou, Cashius went on to win his final 4 battles, including his win against me to become a 2x champ in week 12.

Impressively, each of Cashius punches are crafted specifically for his opponent. He’s able to incorporate nameplays and personals into virtually all his punches this season. His only two losses came from a fellow HOFer in Blue Bayou. There’s not many holes in Cashius’s style. He’ll be a tough matchup for anyone on any given week. Expect Cashius to make a deep playoff run.

Best Punch: Week 10 vs Killing Spree
“I know you prolly get crazy dough from slinging, but stop!...trust me, don’t risk it
Your crackhead Mom ‘made a Killing on drugs’ too...and you grew up fucking autistic”

3. BodySnatcher

This is another guy repping the infamous class of 2018. BodySnatcher recently won the BAL and has been on a tear in the 1-2 league since that championship win.

Like a few other of the new guys, Body is very gunbar heavy. His style differs that say myself or Dyna in that he utilizes schemes, subtle tie ins, and intricate set up. Body has a very technically sound pen which makes him hard to beat.

Body started out the season fairly strong and picked it up towards the end. Body started the season 4-2 with both losses being to very respectable opponents in Diablo and Schade. The strong start earned Body a contenders match, although he wasn’t able to capitalize on the opportunity.

Coming of the loss, Body won 4 straight, and made it 5 with a win in the contenders match. After an unsuccessful shot at the championship, Body finished the league with 2 more wins, finish at 11-5.

Body has been on a roll as of late. He’s been really finding his footing. His pizza toppers bar was one of the best of the season. In the BAL, Body saved some of his best material for the playoffs. If he’s able to recreate that in the 1-2 playoffs, look for Body to contend for the championship.

Best Punch: Week 9 vs Killing Spree
“Riding slow w/a chopper. U’ll get round after round like a bar hopper
This was a drive-by...till I hopped out & lit up ur roof like a delivery car topper”

2. Blue Bayou

Blue Bayou has been dominant all season. Blue is a Hall of Famer, a 1-2 champ, and you can make the argument that he’s the best active battler on netcees right now.

Blue’s execution is nearly flawless. It makes any bar that he writes hard to beat. Blue typically uses a wordplay heavy style, and has also embraced the gun bar style. When blue combines the two, it can make for dope material.

Blue has had a remarkable season with losses being few and far between. After a comfortable 3-0 start, Blue lost to bleak in a shocking upset in the week 4 contenders match. Blue bounced back and cruised to 9 straight wins, champing the league in the process. After losing the championship, Blue got one more win before signing out and ending the season at 13-2.

Blue is another guy one of the favorites, if not THE favorite to win. Blue is great because of his ability to adapt and embrace change. Blue knows what punches resonates with voters and he punches reflect that. With Blue, you know that his execution will be on point as well. I expect to make a very deep playoff runs, likely lasting until the finals.

Best Punch: Week 7 vs Cashius
“i'll slide to #1 in the rankings, gun to his temple got his life in jeopardy..
***he few days away from being Cleared.. then one-click will 'Wipe his Memory'”

1. Jabari Black

Rounding out the bracket and representing new wave is myself, Jabari Black. After a few battles in the NBL, I really started to make a name for myself in last season’s BAL. With a punch heavy style, I was able to carry that momentum over to the 1-2 Punch League.

I’m 95% gun lines, but you can round that up to 100 for the 1-2 league. My punches can vary in complexity, but i typically stick to relatable concepts with references that the majority of voters will understand. I also prefer flow and concise wording over having multiple tie ins.

In all honestly, this season surpassed my expectations. A strong 3-1 start earned a title shot in week 5, but came up short in a close battle with Cashius.

I then went on to win 9 straight (not including a draw against Lars), winning the championship and having 2 successful defenses in the process. My momentum was halted to end the season with 2 losses in week 12 to end the season 14-4.

After a good season, I’ll be one of the favorites to make a deep playoff run, and should be able to mix things up with the legend. I will come with gun bars....every round - so that’s probably the most glaring weakness for me. 3 of the 4 losses have come to bars directly tailored for me. However, if I come correct, this may get interesting.

Best Punch: Week 6 vs Plot
“The toolie get drawn...put it under ya chin then I’m shooting you, son/
Headshot! I’ll sit you down with the heat under the dome like beauty salons/”

The Betting Corner by Flow

Jabari Vs Witty

Witty represents a similar style as myself in that he comes strongest with personal angles. Granted we differ in how we execute that with Witty being the sharp tounged comedian looking for the LULZ factor. However having faced Jabari a few times myself, I have found that he really has little ammo to angle a personal with. I mean unless you plan to insult his rapid rise in stock on the lime, his fantasticly detailed and comprehensive voting or his passion for keeping this place alive... I think witty going to struggle using hard hitting personals. So with that said where is Jabs weakness. He's heavy on the gun bars and has been shown to lose at his own game from time to time. Not seen witty with that style often but sure he has the ability in the locker so if he comes with that sort of thinking I see this running close. However, I do believe Jabari holds the favourite position here.

Bookies favourite
Jabari

Killing Spree Vs Destroyer

Killing spree is one of the more creative types for the most part and I won't ever take that away from him. Recently his execution been off and his formatting of his bars drives me crazy. I'd rather see you put emphasis on the words I need to be paying attention to for the crazy concept then just capitalising everything. It just puts me off. But that's me. Destroyer had a bit of a drop off mid season but been on form recently and think this probably going to come at the wrong time for spree. Could see this simply being a case of destroyer winning on crisp wording. If spree keeps that in mind this could be close as well. But I have destroyer as a favourite here.

Bookies favourite
Destroyer

Flow Vs Amen

Amen will use a bar referencing an obvious troll he clinged to out of desperation after I schooled him. I will win with a key I make 5 mins before deadline hungover an not even fussed if I win or lose. Failing that I'll have Lars key something for him an sent via courier pigeon.

Bookies favourite
Me obviously

BodySnatcher Vs DMS

DMS actually has some pretty cool ideas and if body sleeps here then to be honest I could see this being an upset..however... If body brings his A game I see this being a comfortable win. Do hope finnys favourite pizza topper mixes it up a bit though. You, dyna (the good one) and Black are guilty of making me hate gun bars. Not true actually Zelphs incessant need to vote on a gun bar is what makes me hate them but he's dead now so who cares. Body's probably the most diverse of the three an has recently ventured away from his comfort zone so I'm hoping this is a week he provides something a bit different again.

Bookies favourite
Body

Dynamics Vs Bleak

Right. Bleak just makes no sense sometimes. An he my boy. I like bleak alot as a boarder he a genuine bloke. But... The fuck. You were so so. Then all of a sudden... Fire week in week out. Then bang so so again. I don't know what happened but you found something an then it's almost like you just lost the passion? I don't know. Was strange but the fire bleak was cool. I fucked with that shit. Dynamics is another of the rapid rising new guys who loves a gun bar an a simile. Dynamics has some seriously polished wording and whilst I find his inability or perhaps his refusal to mix it up more annoying he is very good at what he does. I don't see him changing that winning formula and see him winning comfortably. Unless Bleak comes with that fire. But even then, at the moment, dynas style is in and hard to beat.

Bookies favourite
Dynamics

Viper Vs Plot

Could be wrong but felt they faced off recently an viper won...Too drunk to look now. This is a pretty even match. I think viper has the edge in terms of raw ability however I don't see anything but a plot win by no show here. If viper comes the jury isn't out on plot yet an he could take this but from what I seen viper is the more polished writer.

Bookies favourite
Plot by NS

Cashius Vs Chyeeah

Well let's just state the obvious. Cash is the favourite and I don't see much point in delving into why. He's a fire writer with experience and most of the time will be fav to win regardless who he facing.

So instead let me take this moment to big up chyeeah. He had a really good run for starters, but more importantly his stuff was fresh as fuck..always doing something different and going against the grain but making it fucking work at the moment. It's lovely to see. Inspired.

Bookies favourite
Cash

Blue Bayou Vs Two drop

Is two drop even playing anymore? After the whole zelphgate scandal I presumed he'd stopped playing with us all? Anyway two drops ok he's like a light version of jab body and dyna. My boy blue going to body though. An anyone who didn't get his Christmas cracker bar is an idiot. Shit was so dope.

Bookies favourite psht everyone's favourite here
Blue

Top Punches by Flow

No particular order here just punches that were memorable or stirred up noise at the time.

Orc
(Vs Veritas)
Fat wife aka wack life that’s inferior to mine
Boyyy ya girl cooch gota ‘Lived in look’ that’d revolutionize Interior Design

Flow
(Vs Destroyer)
Old age left you witta shrivelled dick - feel for who you married
She hasnt pulled something that small an limp out of her since she miscarried

Cash
(Vs Bleak)
...we seen them man boobs, release the damn spoon...that shit is the worst
Guarantee all your clothes fit tight as shit...but you still a dude who be ‘Swimmin’ in shirts’

Jabari Black
(Vs Chyeeah)
If you get wild, tools bust. A head shot’ll have ya mind screwed up/
Or the blade come out! You’ll feel a butterfly in ya stomach like a childhood crush/

Blue Bayou
(Vs Flow)
he'll NEVER have what's mine, fuck this little misfit rapper..
For the Crown', the ‘Stick'll get Pulled & then POP’ like a Christmas Cracker

Destroyer
(Vs Bolo)
ur bout to get Shanghaid, I’m sitting w/ a chair & rope in this punk’s kitchen
Take all his shit & then des leaving bolo tied like Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction

Zelph
(Vs Plot)
Keep a gat near, wen I tell ur hoe to spread her legs I enact fearfat wife
Then I’ll test ya bitch w/ the metal in her pussy like a Pap smear

Cashius
(Vs Jabari)
Don’t care if it’s Wakanda Forever...get treated like Cam Newton when I’m dumpin’ the TEC
If you Run with the Panthers...you’ll be known for taking ‘shots to the head’ and ‘1 to the chest’

Dynamics
(VS Witty)
Imma kill all the grinning! Poolside....you can hear the sound of the blade trimming
Leave him head first underwater, wit his feet showing at the top like synchronized swimming

Barcotic
(VS Cash)
ima wet ya mug.. then its chalk, no detention stuff
come get the snub, ill leave 5 sitting in school like the breakfast club

BodySnatcher
(Vs Spree)
Riding slow w/a chopper. U’ll get round after round like a bar hopper
This was a drive-by...till I hopped out & lit up ur roof like a delivery car topper

Jabari Black
(Vs diablo)
your girl's with me now, peeped the Technique & now ur philly shakes her thong..
fuck a ‘Dance w/ the Devil’ .. me & the boys are running train like shes Billy Jacobs Mom

Blue Bayou
(Vs Cash)
i'll slide to #1 in the rankings, gun to his temple got his life in jeopardy..
***he few days away from being Cleared.. then one-click will 'Wipe his Memory'

Flow
(Vs Amen)
ur wife’s bicepsual brah, muscles huge as her bench squat
only underarmer you need worry about is when the manly bitch throw you in a headlock

John Dillinger
(Vs Bleak)
snatched your girl from your crib, she was tired of this slob‘s nest
the only time she yells Oblique is by telling me what to massage next

Amen
(Vs Bird aka Orc)
This faggot’s soft no heart, when I pull up the guns’ll spark,
Fuck Burd emotions, 2 shots’ll put’em in a deeper hole – No under par

Bleak
(Vs Blue)
Bitch I'll lift the Tek&Tag you, then steal yo whore in a rush.
Think Yoshimitsu: she bent over BOUNCIN' with a sword in her gut

Apologies if you didn't get a bar in here. There's a fucking lot of bars to be reading through when half cut I'll be honest. Tried to just add bars I could remember without reading through every bar of the league thus far.

Flows Biggest Baddest Battles of the 1-2 by Flow

The Big Shock Win

Bleak beating Blue in a contenders match was definately the most unexpected upset. Bleaks cool but Blue a boss and Blues bar was mad clever. Whilst Blur was slept on about here even after rereading I think Bleak has something nasty here an deserved this. Great stuff.

Bleak
Bitch I'll lift the Tek&Tag you, then steal yo whore in a rush.
Think Yoshimitsu: she bent over BOUNCIN' with a sword in her gut

VS

Blue
got Shooters on stand-by, he'll taste the chrome when his face gets blown..
i just gotta take this phone & 'One Coliseum get Rocked, Piece by Piece' like Ancient Rome

The Final Nail In The Coffin

The personal that sent Incredible to the rope. I mean he had already been taking it hard from a few. Props to my man Z (who may also be hanging from a rope... An I was the last one to speak to him.... Sensing a theme...) But this personal seemed to be a little close to home (closer then his kids are anyway).

Flow
Lmao can't bring up his kids yet thinks he can raise his game to the levels im near
Here I'm one of the fore fathers, you jus fear your boys will know that many this year

Vs

Incredible
Hold up...you lost to the topical dude? Didn't you start topical too?
Or was it on Diablos top, eaten devils dick, slurpin french onion soup

Gun Bar Slash Vs Gun Bar Like

Jabari and Dynamics both started here around same time and both came heavy with gun bars. To the point they quite literally started the stick obsession an destroyed anyone from being able to use a stick bar again on the lime without a eye roll. However that being said these new cats have come at this strong. Everyone knows them and they can challenge anyone on their day. This day it was Jabari and his slashes to end lines Vs Dynamics and his "like" bars. It was a close match but Jabari took it this time.

Dynamics
Check the impact! Right Jab, then Ken Shamrock grapple on black
No seafood exact...I'll have legs crackin in a building like Joe's Crab Shack

Vs

Jabari
If yo ass try to catch wreck, this choppa will leave ya whole set stretch/
Or whip the four five...n slide on em with the ‘two digits’ like a Tech Deck/

Real Rankings

Win Loss ratio means nothing at this stage bar the seeding. I believe these will be the ones to watch out for to bring the heat an take home the goodies

Blue Bayou
The man, the legend. Blue a good guy and I like him.. but he is a winner. Don't expect him to offer you an extension anytime soon. He's here to win and has some of the most creative word play and crisp execution going.

Cashius
Cashius is no messing. He has no lines in the most brutal meaning of the phrase as shown recently in his racist attacks (which were lolz). He is without argument up there with Blue as the most likely to go on to take it all.

BodySnatcher
Just recently champed his first thing and that's only going to have given him the taste. I never expected him to go on to be where he is and as long as he doesn't sleep on anyone I expect we will see some fire from one of the new boys on the scene.

Jabari Black
Only just missed out on Body's position due to his loss in the final. But in all honesty I think Jab probably is the more likely to champ then Body this time round. He breathes this shit and his passion for thos hobby of ours is without question the best I've seen in a long time. Not that I want to look at win loss ratios but he has slayed this league thus far. Props bro.

Destroyer/Witty/Flow/Dynamics
I couldn't decide out of us 4 who makes the final spot to be honest. Destroyer has the experience and crisp wording but hasn't been finding that cutting edge he had. If he pulls that back up to where it should be he takes the spot without question. Witty and myself will beat anyone on our day imo but we both depend heavily on personal angles again imo and this perhaps hurts our standings. Dynamics has got his shit nailed down but for me his reliance on gunbars hurts him, feel the people will start to turn away from them soon an if so he will need to be able to show other side's to his game.

Jabari Black Interview w/ Cashius

Jabari Black: First off, congrats on winning the championship this past week and becoming a 3 time 1-2 champ.

Cashius: Thanks, my man. I’m just trying to keep up with you. This has been the season of Jabari Black, for sure.

JB: It was a crazy week, but how does this win feel versus your first time you champed the 1-2?

C: The first time I champed 1-2 was probably 4 years ago. Bags was still fat, Destroyer had hair, and gun bars were frowned upon. That was the first thing I champed here at NC I think, so that was cool.

JB: How have you grown as a 1-2 battler since then?

C: I really don’t think I’ve grown as a 1-2 battler specifically. I’ve gotten better as a battler in general just by battling consistently and reading dope people. By now I have a very good idea what is a dope punch and what isn’t...what will get love and what won’t. That actually makes writing VERY difficult because if I’m lacking concepts I won’t just drop a line that I think isn’t good or is just ok. So, if shit isn’t coming to me, finishing a verse can take MUCHHHHH longer than I want it to. You know what I mean? Do concepts come to you consistently pretty easily or do you have to grind?

JB: For me it's a matter of time. I have a set mental process that I go through when I brainstorm; the hard part is just finding the time and the energy to actually do it. It can be time consuming. It take's me about an hour to an hour to come up with one good concept.

Anyways, I’d love to hear about your background...how and when did you get into text battling?

C: I started way back in 2004 on a site called Rapsearch. Lars was on there. Arkaic from Don’t Flop was on there. I champed shit there but the competition wasn’t the greatest. Nothing like the Lime! I stopped battling for 6 or 7 years. Then I got nostalgic and went looking for old battles and found some in the NC archive. Then just stayed and started battling here back in 2013. And here we are...5 years later still wasting my time writing internet raps trying to get these net nerds to vote for me.

JB: Were you a fan a battle rap? Who are your influence?

C: I was, and am a fan of battle rap. First battle I ever saw was Mook vs. Lux. I think those old battles are what got me into text battling. Who are some of your current favorite’s in REAL battling?

JB: I got into battle rap at a later era. I pretty much missed the Lux and Mook era and caught the grind time era. I've always like the punchers. I was a fan of Conceited and the S.O.N.S. Now my favorites are Rum Nitty, Nu Jerzey Twork, and Tsu Surf.

But what about for text? Who are your influences there?

C: As far as text influences....I’ve said it before in other interviews but my favorite reads have always been Neighbor and Dominate. You weren’t around for them but check the archives. They definitely had a different style than NC is heading these days. More complex wordplay with lots of connections. Not gun bar heavy. Blue is up there for me too. I honestly think this new version of Blue is better than his old stuff I’ve read.

JB: So my first time reading about you was in the Brothers Keeper tourney. You and Infiltrate were dominant in that tourney, but you guys broke up the team shortly after and looks like it was some tension. What happened?

C: There really wasn’t any tension that caused the split. If I’m being 100, I just wasn’t feeling what he was dropping. Literally, almost everything quoted in that tourney was mine. He’s champed shit so he’s obviously good, but I’m just not a fan. No offense, Inf...if you’re out there. Please don’t off yourself! Actually, he’s probably one of these new cats. @Mods, check IP’s please. Like I said, Blue’s been a favorite so when the chance to tag with him came up, it was a no brainer.

JB: I think it’s pretty understood that we’re not in the hay day of text battling. You, of course, were active and in your prime during the of Netcees and text battling in general. What elements do you think were present back in Netcees’s prime that is missing now?

C: I don’t know if anything is missing...the biggest difference now is all the gun bars. For my early years of NC people didn’t really use them. For you to get quotes you had to actually diss your opponent, like actually take shots at them or make fun of them. But I dig the gun bar shit because it opens up so much more concept wise. Honestly, I think writing now is so much easier than it used to be just because the site is gun bar heavy now.

JB: If you had to induct any currently active battler into the Hall of Fame, who would it be and why?

C: Knuck and Karaoke are the first ones that come to mind. Knuck simply because of the recent SC. He also just beat Blue in the NBL. He hasn’t really battled much on NC 5.4 (or whatever go forsaken version we’re on) but he’s obviously very good. Karaoke has champed NBL like a million times but he just can’t seem to champ a big tourney. I think if he does that, he goes in without a doubt. DeliciousGirl deserves to go in simply for making me lol so many times over the years. Before I leave this site for good, I need to know who is behind the Robranda troll. NCG’s...please enlighten me. You can get all the rep, I promise. She is my favorite.

JB: This might come off a bit self centered, but it seems like the “New Wave” has been a big topic of discussion. There’s been an influx of guys, like myself, who are come from a live rap background. Our style is typically all punches and almost solely gun bars. Our voting preferences also tend to differ from the vets. Do you think this new influx of rookies, and the style we have is helpful or harmful to the Netcees culture and why? Do you have any suggestions?

C: I think having you new guys come up is great. The more competition, the more active the site will be and a lot of you have proved you can hang. You’re the #1 seed heading into the 1-2 playoffs, Dyna and Dynomight dropped dope against me in the NBL the last two weeks. There’s not many cake walks in the NBL right now. Plus, all the vets have battled each other so many times in the past, there’s nothing else to say....dope new dudes will keep this stupid hobby of ours alive.

JB: Preciate your time champ. Anything else you wanna say before we wrap up?

C: Yeh, props to you and Hush for the work you’re putting into the site. But where the fuck is Zelph? Dude went from tagging everyone on the site every 5 minutes for votes to being completely MIA. After that shit, we’re lucky there’s any 1-2 Cleft.

OUTRO

Do yall niggas see how long this mag is? Yall niggas better show.

Last edited by Jabari Black; 09-14-2018 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:27 AM   #2
Jabari Black
Sun Tzu

Champed
- Battle Arena League
- 1-2 Punch League
- Netcees Battle League
- Netcees SOL

Jabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant future

@Sharp @SiK @Black Mask @Seyance @Blanco Bishop @Sho Money EMG @serge T @Zuch @Universe @Papi @Balanced @Meth @Slechtn @Mike Wrecka @Atomic @Greed @Tettris @Sn00p @fraze @iSpaz @Bust @Bash @Bomb Bard @Seanzo @Packed Graves @MetaSin @Resin M-I-C @Frank Metts @Paradigm @Ronin @Useless @Suthaveli @ill nik-A @Wavy Crockett @Frac @Fracture @Knux @Sour joog @Ghost1 @Hush @Cashius @Cred @Strikta @Junto @Tic @murda sho @Muff @veritas @Moe Jetts ] @Infiltration @Resin MIC @God Of War @trap @For Battling @MFtastick @Chyeahh @classickERBL @Barcotic @Plethora @King @Kenny the OG @Jayson Fresh @Toil @Wanderer @10 Senses @dehf @Gunplay @SuckaFreeCashier @Basic M @Plot @Bags @Razah @Maximus @Useless @Ace @Diablo @Lenox @Cool @dead man @big baby @Witty @Amen @Sharp @Dominate @Beyond @Neighbor @JShazo @Sicc @namix @Certain @Joe Boston @Awww Shit @RichardCorey @yzeOne @Diode @Damien @john hensley @Jabari Black @Twodrop @Lenox @DynamiCz @Cereal @Aero @Enbombz @Incredible @Flow @Blue Bayou @El Muffin @Bongo Bear @Grizz @Infiltrate @Mediocrity @WRATH @Cashius @Knucklehead @bleak @Orc @takem2school @Exis @BROKE LESNAR @murda sho @ACTIVATE SELF @sraL @Diablo @Innovator @Witty @Alvin Karpis @Profit @Basic M @Swerve @Krucial Th1rt3en @Adonis @Fart @boof @the Munster @Answer @Chyeahhh!!! @Objective @Bleu @Defiant @Lotto Smirk @Letterman @Schadenfreude @Habitat @Killing Spree @Dia @Cyrax @Barcotic @Larkin @Neighbor @MMLP @KempoMRK @Moe Jetts @BodySnatcher
Old 09-14-2018, 05:38 AM   #3
Flow
Upset Champion

Battle Record: 57-49

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher
- 1-2 Punch league Season 9

Flow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant future

Pahaha that interview was dope. An easy or not the cleft line made me giggle like a little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabari Black View Post
Flow....that punch was disgusting. Mvgt Flow
Old 09-14-2018, 06:35 AM   #4
Hush
NJ Devil

Battle Record: Who Cares

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Hush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant future

Top notch mag work
Old 09-14-2018, 06:57 AM   #5
Score

Battle Record: 0-1

Score has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant future

Dope mag here to vote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:11 AM   #6
Big Bolo
B on the look out

Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo

I vote to impeach hush and have jb and flow run the nbl too.

P.s. Dope battle @Flow,(in the nbl) at least it wasn't a shut out lol thought I'd catch you with dropping 20, we will rematch soon no doubt.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:30 AM   #7
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Reps to all involved.

Fire mag.
@Flow - you aren't being dick rode to victory this time, boiiiii.... LOL!

<3
Old 09-14-2018, 07:43 AM   #8
Flow
Upset Champion

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher

Flow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bolo View Post
I vote to impeach hush and have jb and flow run the nbl too.

P.s. Dope battle @Flow,(in the nbl) at least it wasn't a shut out lol thought I'd catch you with dropping 20, we will rematch soon no doubt.
You nearly did tbh I was so I'll an so annoyed I had to scrape together so many extra lines lol

An respect @Hush he keeping this shit alive. Mags arnt easy.
Quote:
Old 09-14-2018, 07:43 AM   #9
Flow
Upset Champion

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
Reps to all involved.

Fire mag.
@Flow - you aren't being dick rode to victory this time, boiiiii.... LOL!

<3
Hahahaha. It's been so hard not to write a wife angle again just to annoy you.
Quote:
Old 09-14-2018, 07:49 AM   #10
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Hahaha, I'd rather a wife angle then homosexual one any day!
Old 09-14-2018, 09:04 AM   #11
Flow
Upset Champion

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
Hahaha, I'd rather a wife angle then homosexual one any day!
Wife angle it is lmao GL anyway bro
Quote:
Old 09-14-2018, 09:06 AM   #12
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Same to you, my man lol.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:02 AM   #13
Jabari Black
Sun Tzu

Champed
- Battle Arena League
- 1-2 Punch League
- Netcees Battle League
- Netcees SOL

HUUUUGE Shoutout to Flow and Cashius!

@Flow your sections were dope man, and thanks for taking the time to do the the best punches and battles. Def couldn’t have had this mag up without your help.

@Cashius great interview man. Well written and I Preciate you keeping the dialog going.

Props to everyone who’s contributing to the league and helping to carry us to the finish line. Whether your battling, voting, or helping generate the buzz in the chat - I appreciate you!

Salute
Old 09-14-2018, 10:49 AM   #14
DynamiCz
..GunbaR MessiaH..

Battle Record: 16-10

Champed
- Battle Arena League

DynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant future

Dope shit!

Props to

Jabari, Flow, Cash on the good work here!
GL to everybody, lets make this playoffs classic
Old 09-14-2018, 10:53 AM   #15
John Dillinger

Battle Record: 8-7

Accomplishments
-NBL Pic Roast

Champed
-Netcees Writers League

John Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant future

Dope mag y'all

Last edited by John Dillinger; 09-14-2018 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:05 AM   #16
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Battle Record: 16-26

Chyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant future

good shit Jab

I know the ledge, his sister's a jumpoff
Old 09-16-2018, 12:58 AM   #17
BodySnatcher
Hail Mary Haymakers

Battle Record: 17-7

Champed
- BAL Roast
- Battle Arena League
- BAL Season Champ

BodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant future

Damn G this was mad dope and hella good read. I feel bad it took me this long to get around reading the whole thing. Mad Props!
Old 09-16-2018, 03:44 AM   #18
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

@Blue Bayou was a big fan of my sword bar

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
Old 09-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #19
Flow
Upset Champion

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleak View Post
@Blue Bayou was a big fan of my sword bar
??? I don't get it. I hyped it. Or was he not a fan?
Quote:
Old 09-16-2018, 03:04 PM   #20
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

Sarcasm?

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
Closed Thread

Tags
flow can't have kids