Old 05-06-2020, 07:11 PM   #1
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute
Default GWL WEEK 7 MAG: THE SAGA CONTINUES!!!!!

GWL Mag Week 7:THE SAGA CONTINUES!!

Intro:

Dam folks we are in week 7 and this train is still going down the tracks and madding speeds lol. last week we say the exchange of champs from universe to scar. go check that battle out if you haven't its a good one. the voting continues to be above par, especially for these days. im not sure but I think there wasn't a single no show? that's fucking dope guys! also as we haven't been blessed enough, we got a bunch of new sign ups. well not a bunch lol but a few new heads @NoetiC and @Headless Verseman from UPN. as well as @Artifice coming from back from the past to bless us with his presence. got some fresh faces to like @Elfo @Ouch @Johnny 6 feet, thanks for signing up. last but not least @sraL decided to sign back up after his champ week debacle lol good sport. Anyway this week is stacked and im excited to see how this week turns out. Power rankings have been shook up after last week so that's got an update. also we have an interview with this weeks champ match participants @Scar and @Bodey. Again this week is stacked and so is the mag! enjoy and lets get started!!

WEEK 6 PICTURE CHALLENGE: REVIEW
By: Inno

Scar:

Quote:
it was certainly a light at the end of a tunnel.
what he's always sought and fought for, in this densest of jungle.
an exit from the bubble, the sign relayed to him "Hope"
written in charcoal on a broken board; its safe to let go
left behind his suit and gray tie that was chafing his throat
against the foliage and glowing mist, he made his way home
along the path, he came upon a piece of wood right near
broken from the first sign, it concluded: (hope) "Dies Here"
ok this was a dope take on the topic. some might say its cliché or expected but I believe that isn't always a bad thing. scar took the obvious of the picture and brought it to life in a well thought out piece. this is an example of lines limits not mattering. what I mean is scar took the short line limit and crafted and full story with a twist ending. well done brother, lets see if the voters agree with me lol.

Universe

Quote:
Your hope dies soon but despair lives and it's beautiful
Sorry I had to follow suit like it's business as usual
A mist emits through the trees, a first draft for you's a breeze
But what you grew to be wont supersede the fact that you too green
That means you will foolishly abide by the law's of Uni's league
Cuz what you're seeing is just a screensaver on your computer screen
And once you reach the clearing you'll wonder if it's better to leave
Seems you'll forever dwell in possibilty, thus never achieve
It's chess can't you see? Or have you not checked like Ender this week?
Plus if this was MMLP this would already be a Slenderman scene (ha)
I like you buds, I hope nature outweighs what you were nurtured to be...
But all your hopes and dreams die tomorrow... Don't worry...

It won't hurt in the least.

See ya soon...
word lol this was an interesting little read here. I like when uni participates in this challenge as he lets his diction relax and he isn't so rigid with precision. whole new side of uni lol. anyway this piece had subtle element of abstract that I was fucking with. I liked how he came in and out of the scene, like breaking the 4th wall type of ish if that makes sense. took some jabs at people in the league which was funny and welcomed. nice layer to the story tbh. I would say even though it showcases elements of the pic it doesn't fully embrace it. no matter this was a solid entry as always, no dq this week lol.

Blue Bayou

Quote:
back up the cul-de-sac
come on do your worst
you quit your job again
and your train of thought
If you could do it all again
a little fairy dust
a thousand tiny birds singing
if you must, you must
please let me know
when you've had enough
of the white light
of the dawn chorus
if you could do it all again
you don't know how much
Pronto pronto, mosh mosh
come on, chop chop
yeah without a second thought
I don't like leaving
the door shut
i think I missed something
but I'm not sure what
in the middle of the vortex
the wind picked up
shook up the soot
from the chimney pot
into spiral patterns
of you my love
you take a little piece
then you break it off
it's a bloody racket
it's the dawn chorus
big deal, so what?
please let me know
when you've had enough
it's the last chance
O.K. Corral
this time with style
hmmm another interesting take on the topic. at first read you can say this doesn't really connect to the picture. on second read it all comes together very nicely in my opinion. seems like blue took the perspective of the guy in the pc and elaborated on his train of thought as he stairs down the path. very nicely done blue. its probably not as deep as im thinking it is but it gives off that vibe to me. I don't know if this is a dq cuz im not sure how to count these lines lol. either way it was an enjoyable read.

Adverse

Quote:
In 2014, a crumpled up note was found stained with crimson. The blood on the note was later identified to be that of Timothy Branson, a hiker who disappeared a year earlier along the Appalachian Trail. Detectives have done their best to decipher the ramblings and metaphorical nature of the letter but have yet to make any connections. Its contents are always follows;

Nature...I sought you out for my mind's preservation
I traversed the road less taken to find some kind of meditation
But i caught her scent, among the green collage in this forest filled with trees of knowledge
With plenty of recreational space in the branches for serpentines to swing across in
Falsified goddesses hidden in the brush that should be quiet and calmin'
Camoflagued her smell clustered between the pines and the pollen...
I should have felt your beady eyes analyzing my weakest qualities
Only got this close to stick me with your poisonous barb, a second's all you need!
Are you to mount me like a trophy? Blood stained fabrics all you have to show for me
Of ghost stories and cults forming, alls well that ends gory
Vainglorious over your slayings, does it bring you pleasure? Fucking sadist
Another offer for the mass grave, another body to appease Satan with
Thought i sensed a succubus among the woodwork, make sure you put that in your linear notes
But you know how human nature works,
We'll ignore a thousand signs that say "DON'T" for that one sign that says "HOPE"
well this was a story forreal lol. I liked how ad set the mood with the intro part. don't know if its a true account or fiction but it worked well to set that mood. at first I thought this was about someone getting lost tbh. as I kept reading I felt like ad took the perspective of a forest animal being hunted? I hate doing that but that's what I got from the read. either way the rhyming in this piece was spot on. aswell as the imagery which was important to the story. well done well written piece yet again by ad, could win his second challenge with this one. we shall see!

Vulgar

Quote:
Nursed contents within can hold that togetherness
that wholeness, soil buoyant as frog skin
Streets are wet from rain and the esprit from several years
Traffic lights. Water splotches in a mirror
A Nokia factory worker with his hand on his handheld
Didn't come to work, wasn't feeling well
Sumatra was hazy at daytime. Grief leaves but nausea stays
Can't speak on what's bleak with Java jaw decay
short piece from the V man this week. this piece was very cryptic in the sense that it never directly tells the focal point. you have to look for it. I loved the diction in this piece as it was a bit whimsical yet controlled. the descriptive nature of this piece is what stands out and your wording shined heavy in this one. I guess the only thing would be that this piece could use a little more meat? dunno that's just my personal opinion. lets see how the voters felt.

Noetic

Quote:
i lack awareness and depth, my attitudes shit
you couldnt understand me through the power of text
but dont think of me less, cause im lower than that
the wild things live where the forrest is black
and the white is a trap, the light seeks truth
the only bitch inside of me is refracted lights off of you
and thats true, so end this, what do you want from me
go fuck yourself like single dudes in quarantine
anomaly am i, defy to survive
I live in the night where no suns in the sky
prey on the weak, ill stalk on the street
absorb the plasma of your blood through the fangs of my teeth
immortal you say, but cursed is more accurate
imagine if your whole life was lived being ravenous
nice take on the topic from a first time participant. at first I didn't get what the verse was getting to. once I got it I thought it was fucking clever as fuck. didn't expect to see a vampires perspective from that pic. honestly after reading this I can see it lol. I know now his writing but judging from both his pic challenge drops that he has a relaxed style mixed in with humor and depth. good combo tbh. this was probably the most creative take of the week if im being honest. this one is so far my fav entry of the week. although I still got 2 more entries wont be surprised if noetic takes the W this week. well done

Candy

Quote:
hurt found me

i lurk at night in sight of twerk in ass to squirt it right
my panties knot not from hope its unneeded in crew life
from when we learnt relate in communication then we preyed
in groups through rain and thunder storms to capture and taste
the scent of young teenagers alone in the open
one would surround with one item the other approach whilst closed in
with another item we would wait raw until we draw their breath
theres nowhere to run and insert one of the objects inside their flesh
we only move when their cum can be masked so no followers
kind of like fight club we stay connected with our rules burrowed in
their reaction is like something borrowed and something new
they shake with the item until they separate all its fluid
we leave them alive because they have no faces but we do run with a risk
of doing it to the same teen but its worth it from their image missed
it comes down to this.. that what you cant take just makes you stronger
very abstract this week from candy. usually he/she is already abstract but this week was another level. I thought V's was cryptic but this entry blows it out the water. I can see glimpses of genius but also moments of incoherence mixed in. seems like this is a tale of kids being kids and doing what kids do when left alone I get that. could of been brought to life with a bit more control, felt like this piece got lost a few times in translation. I gotta be honest I don't get the ending. aside from that it was a cool read with some dope tongue twisters in there. lets see how the votes come in for this one.

Artifice

Quote:
i'm used to spewing lies, often in fitted suits and ties
abuse the truth in my office, musin' cooped in the sky
a view as high as all my stacks of dirty money
but so charismatic every jackass on that jury should love me
now criminal law was the branch which i practiced
in & out of court my razor sharp tongue lickin' hatchets
soon surrounded by darkness... this tension is felt
finally came the day i had to play defense for myself
the decision drops soon, will my life end today?
they found some dirt on me, but i still see light in the haze
not out the woods yet, but eye on the prize i'ma keep it
... i just hope they didn't find out where I buried my secrets
liked this piece a lot. read smooth and progressed very well. you definitely filled each line with dope imagery and wording. I gotta say the flow of this piece is spot on. easy to read and to the point. the way art took the topic and made it his own is impressive. took elements of the entire pic and put it together in a dope story. I also was keen to the duality of the character in the piece. with such little lines ad did an excellent job with that. this is probably taking the spot of my fav this week. if I had to choose I think I would vote for this one but its not up to me so lets see how the votes drop for this one!

WINNER:

great entries this week tbh. every piece deserve praise and its a close one for the W. I enoyed every ones take on the topic, each one is unique from each other which is fucking dope. loved the new participants as it opens up the challenge to knew points of view. the more the merrier lol. ok so lets get to the winner of this fucking shit! so as of today the vote tally is 4 votes for @Artifice 1 vote for @Candy 1 vote for @Universe and 1 vote for @NoetiC.
there you have it folks @Artifice wins this weeks challenge!!!! congrats to him and thank you thank you for all the votes this week I love it!!! until next week!

POWER RANKINGS!

1. Scar

Quality Wins: inno, mmlp, universe

No-show wins: 0

Record: 4-0

2. Universe

Quality Wins: dead man, clutbuck

No-show wins: 1(Master rock)

Record: 4-1

3. Bodey

Quality Wins: Blue bayou, Adverse

No-show Wins: None

Record: 4-2

4. Lars

Quality Wins: objective, Adverse

No-show Wins: None(1 DQ)

Record: 3-1

5. Adverse

Quality Wins: MMLP, Bodey

No-show Wins: 1(Slecht)

Record: 4-2

Week 6: Reviews
By: Inno

Champ Match: Scar vs Universe

what a battle huh? this one was to tough to choose that no one wanted to vote on this lol. I can see why though, these 2 showed out this week. dropping some serious verses that took the picture to a whole new image if that makes sense. Uni seems like he will continue his saga until seasons end and this was a continuation of last weeks entry. took a dark turn and led us down a wicked road of incest and abuse. he did an excellent job blending in last weeks events to this weeks. while scar took a different approach to the topic. telling a tale of a man day dreaming and falling in and out of sleep. in the end doing what most of us do when we have an intense dream, forget most of it lol. dope dope dope from both cats tbh. for my taste it could of gone either way but the voters in the end decided that scar had the better showing. personally I thought UNI won by a hair but that's just my opinion. great read great battle gentlemen!

The noise of Spring. strolling the antiquated avenue,
he sees a clinic poster pleading how “You can help fight cancer too!”
A valiant pursuit, with a little girl’s portrait serving as the voice of sickness
A couple shops down, a vintage toy store full of boyhood wishes
Star Wars memorabilia, Luke, Han, Star Destroyer stickers
He enjoyed the brisk walk; The ambiance and all the stories with it
across the street, a middle-aged couple engaged in dinner for two
Some kind of fish dish at a sickly overstated avenue
Pretentious decor; Dancing pyre professing “classy” perfection
The gentleman wore a pale face with eyes of glassy inflection
Next door, a book shop. Used properties as pages were fold
Front and center, an aging relic, Virginia’s “Room of One's Own”
By his feet, a newspaper rustle and flap to the placid spring wind
The Headline: Man obsessed with sister, held for psychiatric remission - scar

We waited there for ages, then the conversation steered our way
So we rushed up into the kitchen and hid behind our Parents legs
I asked, "Uncle Ben, can you stay?" Hoping it would become our way out
But he just looked away and placed a loaded gun in his mouth
Mother shouted "Benjamin... don't!" But I knew it was the last straw
After I saw Uncle Ben blow his brains out all over the back wall
The last thought from a cracked skull-- "Then what happened?" The Therapist asked
The pistol was stashed and we were dragged back to our inherited trap
Then rapid knocks on the door upstairs, followed by "Police, open up!"
I heard a scuffle above, a scream of "Freeze!" then "Both are cuffed."
A Dark Figure in the light crept toward us... I thought this was it
But it was just a Cop... then he said "Oh my God... it's the kids...." - Universe

Contenders Match: Bodey vs Adverse

first time reading both. didn't get a chance to vote as by the time I tried it was already 5-0 and needed to close the battle. anyway, Adverse man this was well woven tale with great imagery to go along. the pacing is beautiful in my opinion. it progressed smoothly and the story unfolded nicely for me. honestly wasn't expecting the cannibal aspect of the story. shows dope creativity towards the topic which wasn't an easy one. thought the ending was good too. don't know why people are saying this was subpar I thought it was crafted nicely. meanwhile bodey comes in with another hot take! man this was some great story telling right here. the pacing was outstanding from start to finish. another cool way to take the topic in tbh. I didn't see that coming at all. this was a fucking close close battle. both should take pride in writing a 50 line narrative like PA said, its not an easy task and you both made it look easy. the votes say bodey won easily but tbh this was a tie in my eyes. both dropped some amazing stories. I think bodey edged ad because her story had some subtle details that made it that much better. I think her foreshadowing the end was dope as fuck. great match fellas.

Red and yellow flames accented by our growing pyramid, six cans of Heniken
Vicky sat next to me staring, i shot back some awkward glances her way
She softly snickered and gently placed her hand on my leg
Dave starts spouting out campfire stories about apparitions and bad intentions
And I just laugh lightly, critiquing how all his narratives were badly written
Thought I felt Vicky tremble as she tightened her grip on my thigh
I looked to her ocean eyes only to drown in them, her innocence died
I felt a rush of wind hit my face as she raised her fist to the sky
She swung it down in an instance, my face spat out a grimace and cry
As i looked down just in time to see her shove that syringe in my side - Adverse

This was probably the last time we would live in the moment
And it’s not until you grow up that you wished you had known it
Giggling maniacally, we stepped inside.
It smelled like mothball-flavored gasoline,
with beat-up softballs, faded magazines,
glass Coke bottles, crates of flags and beans,
yellow neckerchiefs with a couple badges seamed.
Scraps of sunburned newspaper blew around the floor
I picked one up, and I nearly vomited my food from the night before
It read that all three of our bodies were discovered off a beach ravine
But even more importantly, the article dated back to 1919
I read on, and tears began to swell and my body seemed to teeter
Investigators proved that we’d been killed by our Cub Scout leader - Bodey

dead man vs Pharaohs army

PA took a chance with the Alphabet format he chose to write in. although his story telling didn't get effected by it at all. it could of been a distraction but he did a good job focusing the reader to the story. he did an excellent job with describing the picture to a T. captured the colors and the somber way they drenched the pic. well done. only gripe I got is the story only scratched the surface, like tim is going through a divorce cool...but why? and how does that tie in to the picture? some questions I have. what can I say about dead man that hasn't been said? this shit was trash lol jk. anyway your wording and by default your phrasing is just out of this world man. that's the shining beacon in this verse. not the only one either I mean the story telling is strong in this one. you had subtle hints through out the piece that needed a second read, in a good way though. im getting a religious type of vibe to this when you mentioned them asking you to leave in 48 hour and all that. the dark tone contrasting the colorful picture was another great aspect to the verse and you made it seamless. honestly I would of gave this to dead man as the whole ABC thing PA did didn't really hinder his piece but it didn't really add anything tbh. so it would come down to preference for me. in the end PA slides off with the W. great read thanks fellas!

Inevitably, they will all land. Hobbyists high above the earth.
Jury’s still out on which balloon will land first.
Knapsack. On Uncle Tim’s back. Full of the day’s supplies.
Lighter than the air outside of a balloon, is the heated inside.
Mossy rocks dot the landscape. Tim’s mind off the messy divorce.
Niece Janet has heard the story before. “Couldn’t get along”. But she still likes her Aunt.
Over the horizon some of the balloons disappear. Tim rocks a fedora hat.
Pictures are worth a thousand words so he takes another.
Quite a spectacle. Every balloon is a different color.
Rising higher. None have begun their descent.
Special days like these are hard to come by. Janet feels bad for her Uncle. She knows how hard it can get. - Pharaohs army

may we pass on peaceful when our ascension collapses
reenacting folklore in our icarus masks
any pressure and depressiveness a thing of the past
They said it was time. we echoed it back.
slow mutation our collective inertia, virgin rebirth
a void to fill with homily and letter and verse
gospel of Death. the Call came when our daughter was 7
we had 48 hours to either launch or defect
and we left. the Voices called behind us. haunting as ever
is it worse to die as one or outlive all of your friends? - dead man

Ender vs Sinacog

the cog is either going to self implode or come to the realization that now one is buying this shit by now. honestly started reading this verse and thought. ok its got the same themes of a cog verse but hes making some sense and keeping some semblance of a story. I should of known. then come the I am this I am that with repeated phrases to drive home a point no one gets tbh. great suggestion by Universe tbf bye week is fitting. ender my guy! I didn't realize you've been around for a long time lol. anyway this was cool story and dope take of the topic. and unexpected turn given the picture, very creative. like V said the passing in this piece and most of your pieces tbh is top notch stuff. I think what hinders ender from connecting more is that most of his tales read like an introduction something grander, don't know if that makes sense. like, you scratch the surface to give us just enough details to keep the reader engaged. I think once ender takes that next step in his story telling he can easily champ any league. not this week though!

There was once' a demon from the oceans' of parallel
The oceans' of parallel; the oceans' of water from author
The devil was inside of a book; inside of chapter 666
The sinning sin; the resentment in testament sin
The devil lived inside a book for a billion years
The chameleon with the sincerity of seer/sear - Sinacog

Endless malaise, feel like I've always been in this haze
Pressed in a maze, until in a blaze HE arrived at the bar
He's a shining star, bringing light I've been deprived so far
I felt revived like I'd died and he shocked me to life
Stopped my strife and all we'd done was locked eyes
Then I decide to try to go and chat with the guy
Ohh but why, I'm in front of him and suddenly shy
Praying to die because now I can't seem to speak
Humiliatingly weak, silent, but clearly an extreme freak
Entropy will keep me from breaking out of this funk
Like a punk I start to turn away, quaking like a drunk
Except he talked to me first, like we were old mates
States "Come on, you need to remember we control our fates" - Ender

Inno vs Candy

ok so I was trying to convey not necessary human natures perception of it self. but mainly the perceptionwe give ourselves based off human nature. if that makes any fucking sense. in hindsight I should spent more time fleshing out idea through out the verse instead of leaving it to the last few lines. enough about me though. candy had a dope dope piece which upon first read seems like a jumble of tongue twist and words. on second read you catch what he/she is trying convey. the gloom and despair are well represented in this piece. and like PA said this was candy at his/her very best. less whimsical with the phrasing which made them impact in a different manner. honestly after re reading candies verse I would of gave it him/her? candy what are you so I can stop using he/she references lol. anyway thanks to candy for a dope showing to bad he/she signed out lol.

i dare dance with the devil on this ailed moonlight
where all that is left from help is frail groomed life
i cant stand it, sit or even breathe near that ish
so i waddle to the window of the story, make a wish
blow the streets below a kiss and swan dive into this
the undoubtable abyss - Candy

And all we do is consume it
With an insatiable hubris it’s nothing to prove it
We project to each other what we wish to be
But in the dark keep secretes for no one to see
The world is torn and lost in translation
A fruit fallen to far from its roots
Stuck in the dirt reaching for constellations - Inno

WEEK 7: PREVIEWS!
By: Adverse

Welcome welcome to all as we try and glimpse into the future with the GWL PREDICTIONS (I need to go back and count how many I've predicted right thus far in the season, probably like 15%) anyways let's get right to it.

CHAMP MATCH: @Scar vs @Bodey

I think this matchup kind of breaks the mold. The competitiors thus far in the champ matches have been fairly predictable names that we expected to see duking it out for the belt sooner or later (Universe,Clutbuck etc.) So this is a breath of fresh air and both are super deserving. Bodey has bounced back strong from a slow start to the season and has picked up some quality wins in the last few weeks over myself, Blue Bayou and Ender. She's definitely carrying momentum coming into this one but on the other side of the ring Scar is cut from the same cloth standing at an undefeated 4-0 record and taking down quality opponents such as Universe, and Inno. He definitely is riding much of the same wave as Bodey is. Nobody to this point has defended the champ belt this season and we've had a couple one and done champs. Though this week will be close I'm picking Scar as the first to repeat as champ, it won't be easy but he's done nothing but surpass expectations thus far and i figure this week will be much of the same. SCAR WINS 60/40

CONTENDERS: @Inno vs @Ender

I'm not overly hyped about this one I'm going to be completely honest here. Ender has proven to be a solid writer but has had a sort of inconsistent season, his two wins coming as result of a Sinacog cake walk and a Slecht no-show. He has showed sparks of being a decent enough writer but from the sample size we've got he pales in comparison to his opponent, Inno who is a veteran. I like Ender as a person and writer but just feel like he's completely outmatched here and don't know if he'll be able to overcome that. INNO WINS 85/15

@Universe vs @Clutbuck

I wasn't expecting to see this rematch so soon. Just two weeks ago they faced off in the most scandal filled champion matches the GWL has seen. The drama included a confusion of topics, and screenshots of fake text conversations. The narrative is definitely here for a memorable battle and both have a lot to prove trying to bounce back from their respective championship losses. I feel like this battle will tread familiar ground with Universe edging it out, hopefully with considerably less drama this time. UNIVERSE WINS 55/45

@Elfo vs @Ouch

I find this one interesting as neither has much of a writing history on site to go off. Ouch definitely has stories to tell as seen in his threads the 'Discussion' forum. Elfo is a new face who signed in with the wave of newcomers from last week and is probably looking to make a good impression. Has potential to be a fun battle, I don't know much about either of their writing skill so I'm going to label this one a toss-up. Good luck fellas!

@Blue Bayou vs @NoetiC

Blue really showed out in the last GWL battle he was win losing a tough battle to Bodey. He's one of the best text battlers in site history and has showed an increasing interest in improving his topical skills, looking to become a Jack of all trades. He's already a proven threat. NoetiC has been looking to make a splash, posting some content and has some potential to be a good writer but I think he'll drop his debut match to BB here. BLUE BAYOU WINS 60/40

[u @Sinacog vs @Headless Verseman[/u]

Sinacog's gimmick has grown a little redundant. He shows no awareness for his topic, writes a quick verse that is posted before most the other writers check in, and then is gone with the wind. I thought he might prove to be a decent topical writer but has time and time again proved he's not willing to change in the slightest. Headless Verseman is a new cat who i assume ventures onto Netcees from UPN with the rest of the other new names? Could be wrong. Haven't seen any material from him but at this point whether it be Headless Verseman, a headless chicken or a head of lettuce. Sinacog will take the L. VERSEMAN WINS 99.9/00.1

@Johnny 6 feet vs @Artifice

Johnny is a new cat on Netcees but from what I can make out from his posts, he's far from a rookie. As for Artifice he has on site history, but has some rust to shake off after not writing in a long time. This one may end up being really close, I'm going to lean towards Art since I've witnessed him prove his writing. Good luck fellas! ART WINS 52/48

[u @Vulgar vs @Pharaohs Army[/u]

Shouts to Vulgar for filling in as a replacement for Candy signing out late. This should be a good match from two open mic mainstays who have proved themselves countless times. Vulgar has yet to sign into the GWL but has champed the pic challenge on a couple ocassions. Pharaoh is coming off a huge win over dead man last week which may help swing the momentum his way. I'm not sure, this one will be super close. SPLIT 50/50

@Adverse vs @dead man

Anybody have a crossroad demon's number handy? Lol I'm going to have to bring it all this week to measure up to the prolific dead man, it'll take hearts, guts and maybe a little dark magic idk. Either way I'm looking to get back to form this week, it's going to be a lot of fun.

im gonna enjoy the shit out of this one. both are season writers capable of dropping some fire! we all know dead man is a beast and although he lost last week I don't see him losing twice in a row. adverse has been on a down spin but I honestly think its just voter preference, nothing do do with his writing slipping. hes got alot to prove now as he goes up against a perennial favorite. but as PA proved last week dead man can be beat. ad will have to come with his A+ game to take this from DM. I still think this will be close and I got adverse with the upset here 55/45 - Inno

That's all I've got this week everyone, super excited at the prospect of all these new names signing up we're just past midseason and the competition is only going to get fiercer. Have a good week and one love y'all.

Week 7 Interview FT: Scar & Bodey
By: Adverse

Hello Miss Bodey,

Congratulations are due first of all on reaching the champ match. You lost a couple close matches to start the season but bounced back hard, what do you attribute that success to?

When the quarantine went down, I didn't really have the regular distractions I normally had, like working over 40 hours a week and dog-sitting and doing school. Which is probably why whenever I did post on here, it was some half-assed shit I typed up out of boredom. Too much downtime isn't good for an emotional person like me, and it had to have come from repressed feelings and situational things like having to move in the middle of this pandemic I think. When there's no one else around to bounce ideas off of, all you have is yourself and self-reflection, and sometimes those thoughts can put you in a dark place, which is honestly where my best writing comes from.

I know you were in an audio league/tourney? A long time ago as I've heard the tracks from it. Is this the first text competition you've competed in?

Yes, I never really thought I was good enough to be in these leagues on here because there's so many talented writers that I knew I couldn't touch. So I guess I just never bothered. Plus, I posted things in the open mic threads years ago that had been harshly criticized, for good reason, but there was some feedback in those posts that basically said I was a terrible writer, and instead of using that as motivation, I took a break from writing for awhile.

Who are a couple of your favorite writers on Netcees? And then to be broader, a couple of your favorite writers in general?

I've always enjoyed @Vulgar, @dead man AKA black, @Witty. @big baby even though he didn't think much of my shit. Their posts have always grabbed my attention. @CopyPat, there's a lot of others I'm missing on here, but their writing is special to me. As far as writers go, I always liked Augusten Burroughs' shit. He has a way of making you feel like you're experiencing his pain with him.

Your writings often have a beautiful imagery about them, and a personal touch has been a trademark as well. Where do you draw inspiration from to write? Is it life experiences, things you see around you? Or do you just conjure up these scenes without having to think too hard?

I think all of us as writers incorporate a little bit of ourselves and experiences into our writings. The post I had about the girl cheating on me with a mutual friend was actually completely true, minus some details that would've complicated the verse had I added them. The one from last week was inspired from Stephen King's "The Body" (which I believe someone actually asked me if I was inspired by his work) and also combined with my own childhood growing up in Massachusetts riding bikes and getting into trouble in the woods and trespassing property, that sort of thing.

This league has been an absolute dogfight, with the title changing hands 3 different times in just as many weeks. What sets you apart? How do you plan to win the belt and subsequently keep it?

Ha, I honestly don't know. I think that's what makes competitions like this interesting, because someone that starts out as the underdog can inevitably take the win when everyone else least expects it, if they're truly hearing out the constructive criticism from their readers. My problem is procrastination, I never use the whole week, it's always the whole last day before deadline, it's a terrible habit and I suggest it to no one.

Any last words you'd like to say before we wrap-up?

Just that I love how a lot of people in this competition seemed to have grown in their own writing abilities in the last couple weeks. You can tell when people are stepping out of their comfort zones and writing something that means more than the last from the week before.

[B]Interview With Scar[/B]

Congratulations are due, you took down Universe last week in order to claim the GWL belt. I think when the last two champs won (Lars, Uni) it wasn't real surprising because they're household names on the site. You seemingly came out of nowhere and climbed up the ranks rather quickly. Were you expecting such a fast ascent?

Thank you, bro, i appreciate it. I didn’t expect anything, and definitely did not expect to beat Universe in a champ match (which i still feel its alot closer than indicated by the votes). Its a fun ride though. I honestly signed up for feedback lulz. I think its a cultural thing because i see the same kind of attitude at other sites where if your new or you aren’t as seasoned or if you’re just of amlow or mediocre tier writer, you don’t always get the feedback (good or bad) that you need to help with development. So i figure you know what if i join a league, they have no choice but to give me feedback lulz. So I did. I’ve gotten so many feedbacks, since, that i’ve used to shape a lot of my current stuff.

Think i ask everyone I interview this but, who are a couple of your favorite writers on this site, and then off of the site as well?

The whole site, i’d say Big Baby is my fav. When i read his stuff, its the epitome of “theres levels to this” lulz. He reminds me of a monk, he comes down, drop some holy scriptures, then disappears back into the mountains for weeks on end. Lars is a fav of mine here and over at RR. The way his dictions comes off so naturally without compromising the technical component is fucking nuts. It really is. Then there's Dead Man because, I swear, one of his lines are sometimes better than people’s whole verse. Like wtf. Universe is also a fav, he thinks differently and always put effort no matter the opponent. As a vet, i like that he’s maintaining the proper “big bro” etiquette. Sometimes very good writers become apathetic because well they earned it and people will gravitate to their work regardless, but Uni shows love to us novice and i think thats dope of him. Bodey is def one of my favorites. She has this voice in her writing thats just so honest. Like she digs deep inside, takes some aspect of her concerns or moments and use it to craft a verse around it. I know because there are nuances in her writings that had to have come from more than literary techniques. Off site, I have a crew on Rap Royalty call Sic Parvis Magna, and i’m a huge fan of one name Rude. She’s really good. So creative and very lyrical. MCD is also very good. And you, bro. You were one of the people i was reading for signing up and love how you fuse poetic language without it being too distracting to the overall narrative. And i just got into Vulgar's stuff after reading a few of his picture challenge verses and Yoooo...that dude needs to sign up immediately!

Your name is relatively new to Netcees but obviously you weren't born yesterday. Care to tell us about your humble beginnings?

Lulz. I actually started a long as time ago on Rapmusic. I don’t even remember my name back then. I was more of a lurker so i can’t say it helped me much with writing cause i never practice when i was there. I really started at Rap Royalty. Had my first topical battle there against *drumroll* Lars lulz. And well, i lost. It was close though but, i can tell he wasn’t even trying. The irony was, the same story framing device that Universe used against me this week (the therapy session concept) i used for that battle with lars ha ha.

No one has held on to the GWL belt for two consecutive weeks yet. How do you plan on being the first to do so?

Its going to be hard man. I have to really dig deep for this one. Still in the concept stage and will be starting my 1st draft and edits tomorrow. Not to sound like i’m premeditating my excuse, that picture, i can see Bodey go ham on it. I’m actually just as excited to read what she got for it lulz.

Are you excited about the huge list of names that signed in this week? You may recognize more of them than I do but I'm excited nonetheless.

Hell yeah! Artifice seems very seasoned. I just skimmed through their battle right before doing this interview and wow, is it too early to say that it might be contender for BOTW? Noetic is an interesting character. I hope he can relay that personality to his writing because with the amount of dark and dreary stuff on display week to week, i can see him apply lighter-materials that may just be the thing people need, that can propel him into top seeds. Oh and for the record i was the one who vote for him in the pic challenge ha ha.

Any last thoughts?

*This leagues been really fun and i’ve enjoyed and learned so much from it. Big thanks to you, inno, uni (even though he’s not necessarily a mod), i feel you guys are the lifeblood of this motherfucker. And i’m glad mags are dropped in a consistent manner because, i really feel its needed to maintain interest and generate motivation. Thanks, guys.

And let me end it with my prediction this week lulz

Champ match
@Scar vs @Bodey - deep inhale and exhale

Contenders

Inno vs @Ender - i'm going with ender. I know his past couple submissions has been decent, but when motivated, he will be hard to beat. I feel like he may have real life matter to tend to that took away from much of his time here but trust me, that dude is dangerous.

@dead man vs @Adverse - I look forward to this one but i have to go dead man here. Pharoah proved that its not impossible to beat him but you'll need to dig extra deep for that. good luck my man.
@Universe vs @Clutbuck - oh man! lets go!
@Artifice vs @Johnny 6 feet - they already dropped their verse so i will just go and vote.
@NoetiC vs @Blue Bayou Bro i hope blue show. The fact that people write him off so easily kind of bothers me thats why i'm always rooting for this guy. But noetic might just be that writer the league need.
@Elfo vs @Ouch i don't know who they are to be honest. but for the sake of voting, i'll go with ouch i guess.
@Sinacog vs @Headless Verseman - Headless
@Candy vs @Pharaohs Army - Well Vulger just subbed in and dropped a really good verse. I'm unsure about this one

Thanks for your time Bodey and Scar! I enjoyed picking your brains good luck this week.

OUTRO

once again we come to the end of the mag. I hope you guys enjoyed that ish cuz it sure took a long time to put together. once again I liked to thank my partner in crime @Adverse for his help with predictions and a great interview as always. Although these mags are time consuming and tedious, I truly enjoy writing them as it lets me know we are doing a great job with the league. yall keep showing up and dropping great content and we will do the same. next week if there is time I will include BOTW and VOTW as well depending on how well this week goes. Thanks to ad for his help and once again Enjoy!!

@Adverse
@Universe
@Bodey
@Scar
@Clutbuck
@Johnny 6 feet
@NoetiC
@dead man
@Ender
@Candy
@Pharaohs Army
@Ouch
@Elfo
@Artifice
@Blue Bayou

Last edited by Adverse; 05-07-2020 at 03:31 AM.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:38 PM   #2
Johnny 6 feet
Storyteller

Battle Record: 8-4

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League

Johnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant future

I appreciate how much work you put into this Inno. You really gave the full picture for the newcomers like me to take in. And thanks for not burying me in the prediction for my match! I'll take that 52/48 with a smile, especially since Artifice won the picture challenge last week. (congrats dude)

Great read man. Well worth the time.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:43 PM   #3
Artifice

Battle Record: 17-9

Champed
- Art Of Writing League
- GWL Picture Challenge

Artifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant future

Dope work on the mag @Inno, much appreciated.

And thanks to those who voted on the Pic Challenge.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:20 PM   #4
Universe
Everything's Connected

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League(2x)
- GWL Picture challenge(2x)
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

Awesome read, great job guys. Congrats @Artifice.

Bummed the interviews weren't up though...
Old 05-06-2020, 09:36 PM   #5
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe View Post
Awesome read, great job guys. Congrats @Artifice.

Bummed the interviews weren't up though...
Adding Bodey’s interview in a minute and will follow suit once Scar responds as well
Old 05-06-2020, 10:05 PM   #6
Candy
Sell Her

Battle Record: 1-3

Candy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant future

thanks for dope mage and thanks to who voted for me in pic battle.. lol im male

Old 05-06-2020, 10:07 PM   #7
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Dope interview for sure. Bodey seems like a dope chick. And honestly I e never replied to any of her OM’s cuz I rarely reply to those, but I do read them. And Bodey has always been a fav when she drops. It’s interesting to see good writers having doubts about themselves. It seems to be a similar trait in al great writers. Again dope interview looking forward to scars interview now lol
Old 05-06-2020, 10:19 PM   #8
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

Cool interview @Bodey.

@Inno @Adverse - you both continue to do an amazing, selfless job, putting others before yourselves. Because of this, I would like to interview you both for next weeks magazine - give you guys some time to tell us about yourself and let us know what you're all about and what drives you.

I've already started writing both of your questions so just say yes lol.

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:42 PM   #9
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Bravo all, and great idea on an interview with the mods.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:11 PM   #10
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Cool interview @Bodey.

@Inno @Adverse - you both continue to do an amazing, selfless job, putting others before yourselves. Because of this, I would like to interview you both for next weeks magazine - give you guys some time to tell us about yourself and let us know what you're all about and what drives you.

Lol I don’t think this has every happened so yeah I’m down for that
Old 05-06-2020, 11:42 PM   #11
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

Quote:
Cool interview @Bodey.

That’s good with me man, would be a good change of pace

Also I don’t know if anybody noticed but my pic challenge entry last week was a prequel to my battle piece. I tried to do the whole Universe thing lol

Thought it was cool Bodey had this Stephen King inspired verse last week and I did a sort of Eli Roth thing, was cool we were both were thinking horror but on opposite sides of the spectrum in the same vein
Old 05-07-2020, 01:21 AM   #12
NoetiC
Hesitation is Defeat

Battle Record: 1-1

NoetiC NoetiC NoetiC NoetiC NoetiC NoetiC NoetiC NoetiC NoetiC NoetiC NoetiC

this is a dope mag, mad props to all around, was legit and even got some props...

high five my left hand, awww yea
Old 05-07-2020, 03:19 AM   #13
Bodey

Battle Record: 1-1

Champed
- Guerrilla writing league

Bodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant future

@Inno @Adverse - you guys put so much work into this shit every week, best believe it doesn’t go unnoticed. That mag was awesome. When Adverse messaged me for an interview I was like, wait do we do interviews now? Lol and I did notice we both had this spookyish approach to that topic, I thought the votes were gonna be closer to tying honestly, the cannabilism aspect was gnarly. Also, Inno good looks, I appreciate that. I’m lookin forward to hearing more from @Scar. Last week he managed to interweave things from both his own and Universe’s past submissions, and made it a part of his character’s reality in his latest post. I just found that so dope, because he did it with a perfect subtlety, as if he was winking at his opponent. I’m on my phone so hopefully my autocorrect kept up with whatever the hell I just typed.

Also, when I saw @Ouch ‘s topical pic for this week, I couldn’t help but hear Tom Hanks yelling “WILSONNNN”

Last edited by Bodey; 05-07-2020 at 03:28 AM.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:16 AM   #14
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

@Inno @Adverse sounds good guys. I'll get my questions over to you both when this weeks battles wrap up.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:28 PM   #15
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

@Scar is the man. Huge fan of that guy in both the way he writes and how he conducts himself.

You give me too much credit bro lol.

Great read, cheers.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:51 PM   #16
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Another doe interview for sure. I’m pissed I’m not one of scars favs lol jk

I think the league is successful because of the members as well as them mods. I mean past seasons mags have been posted on time and people still had that lackluster attitude towards voting and showing up. I think the big difference this season is that people aren’t necessarily only looking for feed. The enthusiasm you guys have towards each other’s stuff and the league is a big big part of how well we are doing, also covid lol
Old 05-07-2020, 02:19 PM   #17
Scar

Battle Record: 7-5

Champed

Scar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant future

lulz def the covid then
Old 05-07-2020, 02:29 PM   #18
Artifice

Battle Record: 17-9

Champed
- Art Of Writing League
- GWL Picture Challenge

Artifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant future

not gonna lie, covid's what brought me back. going forward though it looks like i'll be working from home at least a couple days a week, so that should give more time to write and keep active.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:44 PM   #19
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Awesome work as always Inno. Great job

Props to all others involved as well

Also, the pic verse I posted last week was Thom Yorke (hence the trademark at the bottom). It's one of my faves and thought it was well represented by the pic, and ppl might enjoy it

Yes Inno. It's incredibly deep and beautiful

Love y'all
-kungfugrip