Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 5 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 10-08-2015, 11:20 AM   #241
EtH
Erebus

Battle Record: 6-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

Nah I doubt it. I think Ireland works through either naturalization (live in Ireland for the past year, and 3 of the last 5). Also you've got descend-ency (or however you spell or say it) where your parents or grand parents being born in Ireland qualified you. One of my grand parents were born in Ireland but fuck trying to phone up town halls in Donegal to find that shit. Lived here for 12 years straight now so that side'll be fine.

Just need to find a way to raise a grand pretty soon. I'm gonna phone them up and see if I can pay them up over the course of the year.

Ironically, I think one of the things they make you swear is that you intend on remaining in the state. Bitch I'm only joining the state TO leave.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:35 AM   #242
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
@Orc can you tell Ireland I'm sound and they can waive the fees.

I'm trying to return to Scotland next year for college, but to get the Scottish grant you have to have either been living in Scotland for the last 3 years, and be an EU national. As I'm still Scottish but have been living in Ireland for 12 years, I need to get Irish citizenship (to return to Scotland). This was cool.......until I found out they charge about €1200 in total for citizenship and a passport. Cunts you pay me €60 each week on the dole, how the fuck do you think I'm affording that?
I'm an immigration services manager.

How can I help?
Old 10-08-2015, 11:36 AM   #243
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Just need to find a way to raise a grand pretty soon. I'm gonna phone them up and see if I can pay them up over the course of the year.
You can't.

At least, here in England you can't, and they'll have roughly the same thing there with slight changes.

It's a one-off fee.[/quote]
Old 10-08-2015, 11:44 AM   #244
Dearg
Something Else

Battle Record: 1-2

Dearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant future

I won! Yay!
Old 10-08-2015, 12:24 PM   #245
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
You can't.

At least, here in England you can't, and they'll have roughly the same thing there with slight changes.

It's a one-off fee.
I think the main plus side is you have to pay it AFTER you get citizenship. So if I can not have paid the 950, but still get a passport, they dont really have a choice but to let me pay up or to just not get it.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:26 PM   #246
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:

I'm trying to return to Scotland next year for college, but to get the Scottish grant you have to have either been living in Scotland for the last 3 years, and be an EU national. As I'm still Scottish but have been living in Ireland for 12 years, I need to get Irish citizenship (to return to Scotland). This was cool.......until I found out they charge about €1200 in total for citizenship and a passport. Cunts you pay me €60 each week on the dole, how the fuck do you think I'm affording that?
You live in Ireland? Me you and @Orc can start a gang and be tuff as fuck.

I have been waiting for this day.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:28 PM   #247
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

I wanna join I'm good at makin ppl cry
Old 10-08-2015, 12:28 PM   #248
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:

Can you get help with it if on the dole? Worth looking in to.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:29 PM   #249
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDK View Post
I wanna join I'm good at makin ppl cry
You live in America.

That is very far from Ireland, like 50 miles I think.

This would make gang related activities difficult.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #250
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
You live in Ireland? Me you and @Orc can start a gang and be tuff as fuck.

I have been waiting for this day.
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavan lad.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:34 PM   #251
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Quote:
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavan lad.
Fermanagh, Belfast originally.

Fermanagh is way nicer tho, quieter.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:35 PM   #252
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Can you get help with it if on the dole? Worth looking in to.
Not that I'm aware of. I once went into the dole with a query about Back to Education Allowance and left with like 7 forms finding out that my account had been cancelled. How the fuck does that happen from a query?

Quote:
You live in America.

That is very far from Ireland, like 50 miles I think.

This would make gang related activities difficult.
Every American is Irish.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:39 PM   #253
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

If all the people who claimed to be Irish actually lived in Ireland, there would be no room to move lol

Old 10-08-2015, 12:46 PM   #254
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

It's just cause back in the day you's would have like 90 kids each.

One time I was up in Belfast on my way over to Scotland. Got out the motor and went into the shop. Despite being I think like 13, I was being stared out to fuck by adults. Was fairly confused. Left the shop and had a look around. "This must be one of those parts where they all love Rangers" I said upon looking at the red, white and blue curbs and lampposts. Then I looked down....seeing my full hoops Celtic top.

I've never walked to a car quicker in my life.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:51 PM   #255
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Quote:
It's just cause back in the day you's would have like 90 kids each.

One time I was up in Belfast on my way over to Scotland. Got out the motor and went into the shop. Despite being I think like 13, I was being stared out to fuck by adults. Was fairly confused. Left the shop and had a look around. "This must be one of those parts where they all love Rangers" I said upon looking at the red, white and blue curbs and lampposts. Then I looked down....seeing my full hoops Celtic top.

I've never walked to a car quicker in my life.
Lmao sounds like it could be the shankill road? that's where I am from, and my family...could be many places in belfast you're referring to tho lol 50% is one way, and 50% is the other.

Legit lucky to be alive, no jokes, they don't play with that shit lol

Old 10-08-2015, 12:55 PM   #256
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

It's funny cause someone would start on me and I'd be like "Get yersel to fuck, I'm FROM the place where these teams are from" and they're still trying to start fights haha. Hell my auntie worked at Ibrox for like 15 years. She's the biggest Rangers fan ever and she bought half my Celtic tops.

In Ireland I always get "Oh you're from Glasgow, Rangers or Celtic?". Don't get me wrong, if we were in Scotland I'd be answering "Patrick Thistle" and hope to get the pity vote, but over here's a different story. I used to always say Celtic, the legit team I support, but then they'd say "Good" as if I'd be in trouble if I said otherwise. I then started to say "Rangers", as in "And what if it's not Celtic?" and they'd reply "Ah, bullshit they got relegated eh? Scottish football's never been the same since" haha.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:55 PM   #257
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

I'm actually Scottish but yeah I can be like the American version if your Irish gang lol
Old 10-08-2015, 12:56 PM   #258
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

I prefer celtic tho, better team, better fans...and in regard to the divide in the culture, as I grew I figured out the entire situation is bullshit and tbh we're all Irish anyways so it's retarded to kill and hurt your own people over something they were born in to, I saw some nasty shit happen to catholics, the nastiest shit tho was the shit the paramilitaries did to their own people, just for power, they killed and maimed their own sides as much as the other side, it's so dumb....still way too many people who disagree with that tho, but it's getting better slowly...I remain optimistic.

But if I went to the shankill and said what I just said I may not get out alive or at least without serious injuries..and they know me there lol it's crazy.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:04 PM   #259
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDK View Post
I'm actually Scottish but yeah I can be like the American version if your Irish gang lol
You're as Scottish as I am American :D

Quote:
I prefer celtic tho, better team, better fans...and in regard to the divide in the culture, as I grew I figured out the entire situation is bullshit and tbh we're all Irish anyways so it's retarded to kill and hurt your own people over something they were born in to, I saw some nasty shit happen to catholics, the nastiest shit tho was the shit the paramilitaries did to their own people, just for power, they killed and maimed their own sides as much as the other side, it's so dumb....still way too many people who disagree with that tho, but it's getting better slowly...I remain optimistic.

But if I went to the shankill and said what I just said I may not get out alive or at least without serious injuries..and they know me there lol it's crazy.
Celtic's shite as well. About 3 years ago they had Hooper, Stokes, Wanyama, Ambrose, Watt, Ledley, Forrester, Forster etc. and they sold every cunt and bought noone. They just got some shit guys in from other teams like non-Bobo Balde and promoted the reserves up. Back when they beat Barca they were at their best since Larsson was playing.

The situations bollocks cause we don't do that shite in Glasgow. My brother was Rangers, I was Celtic. My mum's family's protestant and my dad's is catholic. My aunty is CRAZY catholic, like through and through, and her brother in law is one of the head lads in the Orange Walk. Only a couple give a shit in Glasgow. In my town there was a Celtic pub quite near and we'd pop our head in every now and again to shout Rangers for Life and boot it.

Aye the IRA loved a little bit of own-side killing. Omagh bombing and all that shite.

Funniest thing ever is the 3rd season of Sons of Anarchy.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:07 PM   #260
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Quote:
You're as Scottish as I am American :D

Celtic's shite as well. About 3 years ago they had Hooper, Stokes, Wanyama, Ambrose, Watt, Ledley, Forrester, Forster etc. and they sold every cunt and bought noone. They just got some shit guys in from other teams like non-Bobo Balde and promoted the reserves up. Back when they beat Barca they were at their best since Larsson was playing.

The situations bollocks cause we don't do that shite in Glasgow. My brother was Rangers, I was Celtic. My mum's family's protestant and my dad's is catholic. My aunty is CRAZY catholic, like through and through, and her brother in law is one of the head lads in the Orange Walk. Only a couple give a shit in Glasgow. In my town there was a Celtic pub quite near and we'd pop our head in every now and again to shout Rangers for Life and boot it.

Aye the IRA loved a little bit of own-side killing. Omagh bombing and all that shite.

Funniest thing ever is the 3rd season of Sons of Anarchy.
I guess since their only real competition is gone there is less pressure to actually have some quality? I don't follow Scottish football much tbh I support Liverpool, and that's enough of a headache as it is lol

I must be the only person alive to have never seen SoA.