Old 03-24-2018, 04:40 PM   #61
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

What about blankman tho guys?

Lil nerdy black kid/dude was a super hero. Getting bitch slapped and taking out people with his own inventions.

Showed there are smart minorities out there who can achieve anything if they put their mind to it.

Lol STFU guys. It's a racist movie.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:54 PM   #62
Enbombz
Not Joog

Battle Record: 9-5

Enbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
It doesn’t matter what or how you feel about the movie.

When you see little black and brown kids excited to see soem one that looks like them on tv and they aren’t playing a rapper, gang banger, poorr, janitor roll. THAT is what is most important thImg about making movies like these.

Representation goes a long way. It’s why shows like the Cosby show and this movie are so important.
Yeh this tbh, what I think is redundant. The fact that a lot of people who didn't feel represented do now is more important.
Enbombz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:04 PM   #63
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

I haven’t seen black panther yet, but I have seen some black people that I know, that seem to be really proud of the portrayal of their people in this film. But, it’s all a fictional story and nothing is grounded in actual history, right? I thought it was interesting to take that view, but again, I’m white so I can’t really speak on it. I just found it interesting.
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:07 PM   #64
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
What about blankman tho guys?

Lil nerdy black kid/dude was a super hero. Getting bitch slapped and taking out people with his own inventions.

Showed there are smart minorities out there who can achieve anything if they put their mind to it.

Lol STFU guys. It's a racist movie.
How is it a racist movie. God I can’t wait for this
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:08 PM   #65
Rude

Rude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTIVATE SELF View Post
OAN

I hope they don't make Venom into some Alfred Hitchcock trope. Where they only allude to his presence and briefly show him at the end and spend the whole runtime of the movie on the psychological transformation caused by the infection of the symbiote.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news (potentially) but the rumors are that the movie follows this recipe almost exactly.

Tom Hardy has since tried to debunk the rumor but until we see it for ourselves, we won't know.

A lot of people thought there wasn't enough Joker in Suicide Squad and I thought it was way more than I expected to see him considering the source material.

Also as a stand alone movie - Constantine was/is still dope. However, considering I've since read Hellblazer and the new 52 run/Justice League Dark. I cannot accept anyone except Matt Ryan as THE Constantine now.

Onto the actual subject of the thread - Black Panther is definitely top 3. It's still too new to put it on top. I'd say Winter Soldier and Civil War then Black Panther followed by the first Avengers and first Guardians of the Galaxy to round out a top 5.

Still have hope for DC to turn their shared universe around. Maybe Flashpoint or Aquaman will save it.

Also for anyone who hasn't checked it out yet. Syfy's new show Krypton (kind of like a Superman/Man of Steel prequel) was pretty dope so far, and they did Brainiac justice.

(no idea if this is the right trailer because my internet is laggy rn)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szTKq7xVa_A

Last edited by Rude; 03-24-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Rude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:27 PM   #66
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone read any of rebirth?
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 06:48 PM   #67
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

co-sign constantine though. reeves the OG, peter 'arbruzzi' stormare's unforgettable cameo as the devil, weird as fuck androgynous gabriel and weisz's tight ass make a memorable, atypical film.

might rewatch that shit been a good decade.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:22 PM   #68
ACTIVATE SELF

Battle Record: 2-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

ACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news (potentially) but the rumors are that the movie follows this recipe almost exactly.

Tom Hardy has since tried to debunk the rumor but until we see it for ourselves, we won't know.

A lot of people thought there wasn't enough Joker in Suicide Squad and I thought it was way more than I expected to see him considering the source material.

Also as a stand alone movie - Constantine was/is still dope. However, considering I've since read Hellblazer and the new 52 run/Justice League Dark. I cannot accept anyone except Matt Ryan as THE Constantine now.

Onto the actual subject of the thread - Black Panther is definitely top 3. It's still too new to put it on top. I'd say Winter Soldier and Civil War then Black Panther followed by the first Avengers and first Guardians of the Galaxy to round out a top 5.

Still have hope for DC to turn their shared universe around. Maybe Flashpoint or Aquaman will save it.

Also for anyone who hasn't checked it out yet. Syfy's new show Krypton (kind of like a Superman/Man of Steel prequel) was pretty dope so far, and they did Brainiac justice.

(no idea if this is the right trailer because my internet is laggy rn)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szTKq7xVa_A

Damn, the rumors surrounding Venom sound unfortunate. They also sound similar to how the first movie of the Spawn re-boot is expected to go.
ACTIVATE SELF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 05:07 PM   #69
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw it today. Was better than the typical Marvel film. Still kind of a slog to sit through, like all of them. Michael B. Jordan is usually good but was the least interesting performance. His character was supposed to be different from everyone but I thought it was awkwardly done. Daniel Kaluuya's character was a complete waste non-character who could've been cut from the movie with no loss. Boseman was fine, the main characters in these standalone Marvel films are all milquetoast, cardboard cut outs. He was fine. The leader of the Jabari tribe was funny. Female actors on average were pretty good. The use of Martin Freeman's character as the 'token' white guy was one of the more clever ideas the film had. The messaging and subtext was painted with a broad brush but at least it was trying to say something, which is more than, say, Ant Man or whatever the fuck. The fact that Killmonger's whole ideology and the fact he did win the throne(argument) for a hot minute exists in a Marvel film is pretty cool.

The entirely white crowd in the Fargo theater did not fully appreciate the colonizer remarks.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?

Last edited by PancakeBrah; 03-25-2018 at 05:10 PM.
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:51 PM   #70
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Anyone looking forward to "Black Lightning"?

Legit serious..
Old 03-26-2018, 07:57 PM   #71
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
Tom Hardy as venom tho
Yesss
Old 03-26-2018, 08:01 PM   #72
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Fuck this shit
Old 03-26-2018, 11:23 PM   #73
WRATH

Battle Record: 4-4

WRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant future

In my heart i know they haven't done a carnage movie yet because they are taking the time to do it right. They still have dude with the globe head too they can still use. Spiderman had the coldest villains
WRATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:58 AM   #74
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

I want a Thunder Cats movie.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:55 AM   #75
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

thundercat culture is vastly under represented in mainstream Hollywood cinematography, agreed.

we need more Panthro's and less Di'caprio's
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:08 AM   #76
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Still dead at Logan not even top 5
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:47 AM   #77
Rude

Rude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
Still dead at Logan not even top 5
Idk if this was in response to my top 5 (or someone else's) but i didnt list Logan because its not part of the MCU. It'd definitely between #1/2 on a 20th Century Fox Marvel list. (Deadpool was pretty close to perfection so between that and Logan is the #1/#2 spots)
Rude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
logan handjob massacre, ragnorok for goldblum