Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Open Mic Section
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 04-07-2014, 07:09 PM   #1
Bladed Thesis
ExSol Meets HolyIsh

Battle Record: 4-2

Bladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant future
Default Bladed - Night of the Long Knives

you see me...
blast through the window,
Bladed's mastery practically has to be tenfold
grown since the last of these minnows
saw my artform or read of my grapple mementos.
in the past, I trampled brash cats who I Rick Rolled,
after I had gone to RW's to shatter the cesspool
and that's when I went home to bask in the redzone.
a dastardly temple with a lass in my pimp hold,
the bastard half-assed pupil of the blacketh disciple
returning to the crater from whence he came, cracked black in the mental.
discovered the dark arts of a magic crescendo
in the tomb of Gandolf the Grey, within a tome teaching dragon-speech Kendo
written using with ink of battery crystals
Zerg to the core as the hatchery explodes,
you better blast or flee, kinfolk, my strategy is so
that if any of these kids reach the faggotry threshold
I'm putting him sixfeet deep and snatching his widow.
ha, the baffling bimbo...
anybody giving flattery gets no backup so if you're mad at me get blown.
takeover topicals? It can't be this simple
and if so guess that'd be my next goal:
push you off your pinnacle and tragedy unfolds as gravity gets close!
if it is that easy, guess it's back to the classic Nintendo!

and now the hurt begins...
in the game of colors, I found the perfect tint
and you're completely stable in your grounded worry, kid.
those aren't gat blasts, that's the sounds of turbulence
echoing across skyscrapers towering over crowds of herded men.
erupting thunder JUMPS and rain pounds the worlds again
as Bladed grasps his pen, HE found the words within,
hailstorm above among clouds of fervent sin.
harvest time and in the battlefields we plough the murdered men,
ratchet drawn and showered earth with lead.
and so the cowards learned the end...
the Night of the Long Knives and a Thousand Shurikens!
Bladed Thesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

cool shit, stay active, feed -get fed. simple mathematics

good read. 1
Old 04-07-2014, 10:30 PM   #3
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

nice to see you haven't missed a step.

you always had a very aggressive style. apparently its timeless because it fits right in with the zeitgeist of open mic even to this day. I'm assuming you wrote this recently but i really have no way to be sure.

original word choices. rhythmically sound, your writing has personality which many people actually struggle to project. the whole piece was a touch autobiographical and mainly flexing to reintroduce yourself to the culture and the community. as you may have already seen, you've made a lasting name for yourself but it will not keep you in the books for long. many people survive off their legacy while absent and make a less-than grandiose return only to be cast aside. time is strange like that.

fortunately for you, you have the gift of consistency on your side.

interested in seeing something more introspective or focused from you. maybe something less broadly focused. there were a couple lines in here i thought were weaker than the rest, such as

and a few others not even worth mentioning..

but overall, really great to see you back in action old friend. its a refreshing feeling.

keep on it. thanks

Old 04-08-2014, 07:35 AM   #4
King Ra.
The Throne, The Crown

Battle Record: 21-35

King Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant future

Good to see you here and participating in the league. Looking forward to seeing your work. I'd say this reads like your introduction to the site and I actually liked what you did here. Rhyming was on point, solid scheme. You really started picking up near the mid part of the first section, which I felt was the strongest part. Some cool lil references in there. I'm definitely interested in seeing what you come up with here and in the league.

Good stuff.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:07 AM   #5
Wise Wiggles
nok Su kow

Battle Record: 1-1

Wise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant future

reminded me of a copy pat with less multies

good stuff doe
Old 04-08-2014, 09:09 AM   #6
Sick
t00 0riginal 4 u

Battle Record: 7-1

Sick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Sick Send a message via AIM to Sick Send a message via MSN to Sick Send a message via Yahoo to Sick Send a message via Skype™ to Sick

Dope I remember yu

Stick around
Sick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #7
Bladed Thesis
ExSol Meets HolyIsh

Bladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead man View Post
nice to see you haven't missed a step.

you always had a very aggressive style. apparently its timeless because it fits right in with the zeitgeist of open mic even to this day. I'm assuming you wrote this recently but i really have no way to be sure.

original word choices. rhythmically sound, your writing has personality which many people actually struggle to project. the whole piece was a touch autobiographical and mainly flexing to reintroduce yourself to the culture and the community. as you may have already seen, you've made a lasting name for yourself but it will not keep you in the books for long. many people survive off their legacy while absent and make a less-than grandiose return only to be cast aside. time is strange like that.

fortunately for you, you have the gift of consistency on your side.

interested in seeing something more introspective or focused from you. maybe something less broadly focused. there were a couple lines in here i thought were weaker than the rest, such as

and a few others not even worth mentioning..

but overall, really great to see you back in action old friend. its a refreshing feeling.

keep on it. thanks

Appreciated it, dude. Lazy lines are from me just typing this up quick and keying up on the rhyme scheme I had in my head. Eh, sometimes you write something to just perpetuate the scheme. It's good to be back and we'll see how this text shit goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ra. View Post
Good to see you here and participating in the league. Looking forward to seeing your work. I'd say this reads like your introduction to the site and I actually liked what you did here. Rhyming was on point, solid scheme. You really started picking up near the mid part of the first section, which I felt was the strongest part. Some cool lil references in there. I'm definitely interested in seeing what you come up with here and in the league.

Good stuff.
Thanks for the feed. I'm looking forward to being in the league and seeing what happens afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Wise Ways View Post
reminded me of a copy pat with less multies

good stuff doe
This feedback reminded me of a circular argument with less content.

Good feed doe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick View Post
Dope I remember yu

Stick around
I don't remember the name but, hey, if you tell me some of your old names, who knows. Thanks for the feed.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:17 AM   #8
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

This was nice man...sure a few parts could be tightened and what not but it's a solid spit, thought scheme wise it was straight...content was good.

Stay upwards.
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #9
Wise Wiggles
nok Su kow

Battle Record: 1-1

Wise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant future

oooo I like uuuuuu

and by multies I meant syllables
Old 04-08-2014, 02:08 PM   #10
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Fire
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:16 AM   #11
Bladed Thesis
ExSol Meets HolyIsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exis View Post
This was nice man...sure a few parts could be tightened and what not but it's a solid spit, thought scheme wise it was straight...content was good.

Stay upwards.
Appreciate it. Just a warm up so the scheme wasn't always perfect but it got where I wanted it to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Wise Ways View Post
oooo I like uuuuuu

and by multies I meant syllables
Multies are our friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Fire
Water.

mere morals fall again, mere mortals stall my blades?
ive gone everywhere 'n everywhere gone gotten Hall of Fame
Old 04-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #12
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

good shit Bladed, I remember u going bananas in those AIM cyphers, quick mind and very creative, this piece is no exception

stay up
Old 04-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #13
Bladed Thesis
ExSol Meets HolyIsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro View Post
good shit Bladed, I remember u going bananas in those AIM cyphers, quick mind and very creative, this piece is no exception

stay up
Hahaha, those aim cyphers... good times.

http://www.rapworlds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62131

Old 04-10-2014, 01:17 PM   #14
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

LOL...wow throwback
Old 04-10-2014, 01:20 PM   #15
Bladed Thesis
ExSol Meets HolyIsh

Yeah, dude. RW was the shit.