Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 5 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 11-08-2015, 03:35 AM   #21
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)
- Lime Green Poetry Association

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

Just a track that I doubt anybodys heard. Haven't posted anythin new in a long time tbh
Old 11-08-2015, 09:49 AM   #22
asylum

Battle Record: 7-5

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

Just woke up. Dafuq ? Last thing i remember the homie was killing it doe. Skype sessions where its at!
Old 11-08-2015, 10:06 AM   #23
asylum

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDK View Post
Dammit I wish I had a way to spit bars wit y'all other than text lol

I got too many bars I never posted :(
Skype works on any device with wifi.

I would write one for you bro. That track was dope.

Last edited by asylum; 11-08-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:14 AM   #24
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylum View Post

Word? I can do it on my phone?

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 11-08-2015, 10:19 AM   #25
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylum View Post

What if I don't got a camera on the front of my phone? This is a ten dollar smart phone so its pretty dumb lol
An thanks for the listen!
Old 11-08-2015, 01:02 PM   #26
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

Good cypher last night @asylum. It was very fun! Hope to do it soon again, I'll bring my friend again. Audio is really my specialty, so it's where I have the most fun, I liked your lyrics.

Adonis you should join us, I heard you can freestyle.

YDK your audio will sound really off with that phone, don't you have a computer of some sort, Skype is free, just buy a cheap computer mic and then you will be set.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:04 PM   #27
asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godcomplex View Post
Good cypher last night @asylum. It was very fun! Hope to do it soon again, I'll bring my friend again. Audio is really my specialty, so it's where I have the most fun, I liked your lyrics.

YDK your audio will sound really off with that phone, don't you have a computer of some sort, Skype is free, just buy a cheap computer mic and then you will be set.
Thanks bro. From what I remember, you were killin it too. Could tell you flow on the regular. Definitely gonna happen again.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:35 PM   #28
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

Quote:

Yeah I gotta laptop but the screen been busted for awhile now, I have to hook it up to the tv just to use it. Thats one of the biggest reasons I haven't been writing or competing as much because I can't take it around the house with me lol
Old 11-08-2015, 07:43 PM   #29
UnbornBuddha

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

Well that's a bummer YDK, It will be nice to hear others!

The lonely shepherd instrumental I want it!
Old 11-08-2015, 07:53 PM   #30
timeless
past tense

Battle Record: 22-39

timeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant future

Quote:

What are you beliefs when it comes to God, afterlife etc?
Old 11-08-2015, 08:14 PM   #31
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

Quote:

I actually have two in the works but not sure if I'll get them done in time for my audition to expire but I'm trying lol

I don't believe I'm familiar with the lonely shepherd though?
Old 11-08-2015, 09:43 PM   #32
asylum

@Adonis yeah bro. idk how the audio would be, probably with a bluetooth would be the best way.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:09 PM   #33
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

I've come to the conclusion of the meaning of life,
The nostalgic question every husband child and wife
or single father, drunken mother has ever wondered.
The theories are incalculable
along with the number of people that have gotten rich off o'gyf them.
From the preachers to presidents its evident I'm not the only one with an idea.
But despite their idealistic tendencies or moral fabrications of the truth,
I have proof.
Not of God's plan or of man's desire to know all,
But the very reason behind those walls that were built so long ago.
Fear, its clear that we are afraid of what we don't know, yet we fear just as much when we do.
Scratch that, we fear everything known or unknown because nothing is predictable.
Now that makes it quite simple, we want to predict the future and all outcomes right?
No, because even when we DO know again we are not satisfied.
Trust, because we still do not believe the future even if we were to learn it.
the only subject that can stand the test of time against the pantomimes from these lands of mind to the shores of yours;
Is truth.
We seek truth as humans no matter the cost.
We've splattered brains and praised a cross,
crossed seas and blades and paid that cost.
All in the name of "science".
But science was only created to understand one thing...everything.
The very essence of life from the presence of light to the dwindling fibers of DNA lost so long ago.
We as a species want survival, love, and honesty.
Yet to have all three we are forced to feed on others pain and develop greed.
and that is where our search for the meaning of life came to start.
Why are we alive when others must die for us to survive in our own personal, perfect world?
Because we all want the same thing,
And to gain that rare combination of the vital 3
we become unique, dangerous, and yet obsolete.
so to answer the question that we all strive to know,
No.
Such simplicity in the very idea that drives all of us,
A single word can sum it all together.
Because for better or worse, we will not learn to accept it.
No.
We do not deserve it.
No.
The meaning of a human life, is no more precious than the life of an ant.
At least that ant benefits the world it lives in
where as humans we destroy to create more comfort for ourselves.
So enjoy your sheltered life wondering why you are better than everything around you,
You're not.
And your purpose in life is to suffer so others can enjoy the same wonderment;
No.
The meaning of life.
Know.

@Godcomplex I thought you MIGHT enjoy this, had one of them blissfully high moments awhile back and wrote this and just restored an old inkpad app on my phone that brought this back to me lol and yeah if ya don't feel like readin it no worries, it didn't seem as long when I reread it beforr postin lmao
Old 11-09-2015, 01:06 AM   #34
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

@Adonis...'Chase The Tale'...Don't you mean 'Chase The Tail' or sumthin'? Ima just let my pen decipher that & have my mind not give a fuck.. shits weird to me.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:07 AM   #35
e11even
V.V

Battle Record: 31-20

e11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant future

@NYCSPITZ I posted. Post when ready. Don't stand me up like you did before homie.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:38 AM   #36
UnbornBuddha

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeless View Post
What are you beliefs when it comes to God, afterlife etc?
That is a loaded question and nowadays I take the stance of Confucius, who basically stated "what is the usage of speaking on heavenly matters when on our own earth matter (life) is disordered". But, I'm feeling particularly chatty today so I'll humor you.

Let me state first and foremost, that I don't see God in the conventional light as most do, I don't see him as a person or a thing, or something outside of us.
In other words, I neither believe nor not believe in this concept of God. All words that point to God are false, even if they are true. Nothing can describe this "concept of God". God to me, and to most mystics who have experienced God do not see God as good nor bad. If God was good that puts him in the world of duality, versus evil. And that which opposes evil eventually merges with it to some degree, good exists in relationship to evil, so that which is good is relatively at some degree evil. Thus, I don't really care for associations such as "God, or the creator". I don't believe God created us in his image, or any of that nonsense. To assert that, implies that God has an image, and he can be grasped however slightly to our mortal minds. Rather, there is no seperation between Heaven, Earth, and man, what naturalists call Tian, Di, Ren, 天地人. I have more to say, but that is the gist of it. Now as for our relationship to God, God is but a word, a word that without one's faith in it means little, why? Because what is called God cannot be contextualized into any form, including language, or even a subtler process such as an idea, thought, or a transient part such as the figment of our imagination.

As for the afterlife, I do believe in the afterlife, it is a basic principle in Nature that nothing fully dies, it simply changes, Therefore, I do not envision myself going into this lush paradise when I perish, instead I will simply be carried away by the current of life into something else, wherever that may be, it matters not really. If one is not afraid, death becomes a joyful experience, one that one welcomes, just like moving out from one's apartment. Ultimately, I don't foresee that any remnant of that which I am right now, which is also fluctuation from moment to moment mind you, will remain intact. Instead, I will be assimilated back into the whole, and depending on the cultivation of my awareness with my overall relationship with the nature, which implies the whole fabric of space and time and beyond, then i can either return to the place before I was born, before I had any concept of anything whatsoever, in other words embodying everything and yet nothing all separately and yet at the same time. For similar ideas, one can look into mystics and what they had to say, some more commonly known mystics include Meister Eckhart, John the Cross, Bankei, Hui Neng, Zhuang Zi, and countless others. Essentially, I don't ascribe to eternalists view of things, that you will die and live forever in this static state, nor do I ascribe to nihilistic ideas, of nothing. Because in reality, something that is nothing is still something, this is still trapped in the dual world of comparative relationships that binds man into a life of servitude to polarity, good vs bad, heaven vs earth, man vs women. There is no vs. and one can sugar coat it maybe with the word and in between, but that too fails to convey or transcend into the vastness of the beyond, that the ever expanding empty universe points to. That is the gist I suppose.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:38 AM   #37
UnbornBuddha

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

Thumbs up

@Godcomplex I thought you MIGHT enjoy this, had one of them blissfully high moments awhile back and wrote this and just restored an old inkpad app on my phone that brought this back to me lol and yeah if ya don't feel like readin it no worries, it didn't seem as long when I reread it beforr postin lmao[/QUOTE]

Good stuff, was it supposed to not rhyme? Read like a cathartic journaling of sorts.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:55 AM   #38
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

Quote:
@Godcomplex I thought you MIGHT enjoy this, had one of them blissfully high moments awhile back and wrote this and just restored an old inkpad app on my phone that brought this back to me lol and yeah if ya don't feel like readin it no worries, it didn't seem as long when I reread it beforr postin lmao
Good stuff, was it supposed to not rhyme? Read like a cathartic journaling of sorts.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was more of a free verse/open mic type thought process. Basically jusy jusy a long train of thought that i was able to use a few rhymes here an there for the fun of it lol
Old 11-09-2015, 10:01 AM   #39
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

Quote:
That is a loaded question and nowadays I take the stance of Confucius, who basically stated "what is the usage of speaking on heavenly matters when on our own earth matter (life) is disordered". But, I'm feeling particularly chatty today so I'll humor you.

Let me state first and foremost, that I don't see God in the conventional light as most do, I don't see him as a person or a thing, or something outside of us.
In other words, I neither believe nor not believe in this concept of God. All words that point to God are false, even if they are true. Nothing can describe this "concept of God". God to me, and to most mystics who have experienced God do not see God as good nor bad. If God was good that puts him in the world of duality, versus evil. And that which opposes evil eventually merges with it to some degree, good exists in relationship to evil, so that which is good is relatively at some degree evil. Thus, I don't really care for associations such as "God, or the creator". I don't believe God created us in his image, or any of that nonsense. To assert that, implies that God has an image, and he can be grasped however slightly to our mortal minds. Rather, there is no seperation between Heaven, Earth, and man, what naturalists call Tian, Di, Ren, 天地人. I have more to say, but that is the gist of it. Now as for our relationship to God, God is but a word, a word that without one's faith in it means little, why? Because what is called God cannot be contextualized into any form, including language, or even a subtler process such as an idea, thought, or a transient part such as the figment of our imagination.

As for the afterlife, I do believe in the afterlife, it is a basic principle in Nature that nothing fully dies, it simply changes, Therefore, I do not envision myself going into this lush paradise when I perish, instead I will simply be carried away by the current of life into something else, wherever that may be, it matters not really. If one is not afraid, death becomes a joyful experience, one that one welcomes, just like moving out from one's apartment. Ultimately, I don't foresee that any remnant of that which I am right now, which is also fluctuation from moment to moment mind you, will remain intact. Instead, I will be assimilated back into the whole, and depending on the cultivation of my awareness with my overall relationship with the nature, which implies the whole fabric of space and time and beyond, then i can either return to the place before I was born, before I had any concept of anything whatsoever, in other words embodying everything and yet nothing all separately and yet at the same time. For similar ideas, one can look into mystics and what they had to say, some more commonly known mystics include Meister Eckhart, John the Cross, Bankei, Hui Neng, Zhuang Zi, and countless others. Essentially, I don't ascribe to eternalists view of things, that you will die and live forever in this static state, nor do I ascribe to nihilistic ideas, of nothing. Because in reality, something that is nothing is still something, this is still trapped in the dual world of comparative relationships that binds man into a life of servitude to polarity, good vs bad, heaven vs earth, man vs women. There is no vs. and one can sugar coat it maybe with the word and in between, but that too fails to convey or transcend into the vastness of the beyond, that the ever expanding empty universe points to. That is the gist I suppose.

This is the closest I can come to a visual explanation of what/how I think of God, no single likeness or meaning and no real "words" that he's gonna come to us and say its right or wrong.
When we die we don't just disappear, energy doesn't just go away it transfers to somethin else as you said. Life will always go on it just won't always be in a way that we perceive it to be alive
Old 11-09-2015, 12:04 PM   #40
timeless
past tense

Battle Record: 22-39

timeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant future

@Godcomplex enjoyed your answer, always kind of wondered because of your name and writing etc.

@YDK said it best. Energy always transfers. I always felt as if when one dies, someone of significant importance to you(loved one, friend, parent etc) gains your energy when you die. Each person is different when it comes to strength and everything pertaining to us persisting through life.

Here's to weed.