Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 05-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
IamBenT
SuPreaM Lyricyst

Battle Record: 9-6

IamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawn MacDon View Post
I. And a few other cats I know have been doing this years before 8 mile lol... Yall lol at that sht as the be all
, end all inspiration for text/battle rap...Smh.... Who rmbr 'heame' chats? Scribble jam, Blaze Battle? That sht pre-datese the movie by years. All 8mile did was open the eyes to white American that they could take part, or infiltrate, the 'black art' known as hip hop. With the exception of the Beatles boys, Vanilla ice, and a few others highop was dominated by black performers in the mainstreamedia. 8 mile just proved that hip hop is not solely 'black art ( black art not like witchcraft or voodoo) and is more so just a sort of expression Yes it highlighted lyricsism, lyrical devices and others but it also showed that white ppl can take part n embrace the art through the mainstream media...the only problem I have with 8 mile followers is that I feel it's great that they are embracing the music; however I do fear that the history and some of the elements often go overlooked bc what they see on the big screen and then, perpetuate. Hip hop is a form of self expression, an art, a type of music... But most important t a culture - of which I fear many aspect often go overlooked. Hip hop on a more macroscopic scale is a culture w an origin, elements and principals. And I fear that not all of these new up n commercial do not understand this... A are completely ignorant to it,and even if they have an inklng of insight I still fear that it often goes overlooked. Moreover.. Music is society' s outcry and despite the color of our skin. Most ppl in the same socioeconomic class suffer from similar if not the same problems, hardships, n difficulties... And that is why it speaks to the public.

But besides all that I agree with Vulgar. We all share similar interests and Nc provides a setting for us to process our likes, dislikes, and thoughts through... Make suggestions, critique, thrive nd socialized. All the while allowing us to engage n elevate in this, forum of self expression that we all take part in... Hence it is truly a community.
This. My new crew mate is fantastic