Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 12-11-2020, 07:46 PM   #61
fraze

Battle Record: 14-24

fraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
Fine. How about this Fauci guy saying “people don’t need to walk around wearing masks”. Is he qualified enough in your eyes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRa6t_e7dgI
Now it seems like you're being disingenuous. I'm pretty sure you know that his stance on masks has been updated since March. I would get into the reasons why but I'm pretty sure you don't actually care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfbH3oko9SA

If you don't want to wear a mask do you. But fact is masks are at least partially effective in preventing the spread of corona virus. There are literally 100s of studies on this.
fraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 07:48 PM   #62
Coop

Battle Record: 3-6

Coop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraze View Post
Now it seems like you're being disingenuous. I'm pretty sure you know that his stance on masks has been updated since March. I would get into the reasons why but I'm pretty sure you don't actually care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfbH3oko9SA

If you don't want to wear a mask do you. But fact is masks are at least partially effective in preventing the spread of corona virus. There are literally 100s of studies on this.
You asked for an esteemed virologist, I provided the highest ranked one.

Also my stance is everything should be optional. Adults are fully capable of making decisions on their own about their health.

The effectiveness of masks is minimal at best, detrimental at worst. Either way it’s secondary to the ridiculousness of being FORCED TO WEAR IT
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 07:54 PM   #63
fraze

fraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant future

According to Trump censored reporting from the CDC masks reduce the risk of COVID infections by 70%.

That means 70% less people dying.

Even if you could only hypothetically save lives by putting a piece of cloth on your face, why not just suck it up and do it.

3000 people are dying every day now.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...sars-cov2.html
Old 12-11-2020, 08:00 PM   #64
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

maybe my math is wrong but the latest numbers for covid's death rate, from johns hopkins is 87.49 deaths out of 100 thousand.

wouldn't that make the death rate 0.08749?

i dropped out in the 9th grade. someone confirm

edit, thats america's death rate btw. other countries are lower and higher
Old 12-11-2020, 08:05 PM   #65
fraze

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
maybe my math is wrong but the latest numbers for covid's death rate, from johns hopkins is 87.49 deaths out of 100 thousand.

wouldn't that make the death rate 0.08749?

i dropped out in the 9th grade. someone confirm

edit, thats america's death rate btw. other countries are lower and higher
Your math isn't wrong but we're talking about two different quantities.

You're looking at deaths/population

The 1% figure is deaths/infections. Approx. 1% of people who catch covid die. Not everyone in the population is infected so that rate is much smaller.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:07 PM   #66
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

wouldn't it be disingenuous then to say that 1 percent of the population would die if everyone was infected than?
Old 12-11-2020, 08:14 PM   #67
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

i seen new yorkers tweeting about restaurants closing again, and citing a 1.4 percent of covid infections occurred from dining out at restaurants or some shit, figure. basically arguing against the lockdown

is there somewhere that is tracking where people are getting it?

my sister is an occupational therapist who works with the elderly, and they constantly get outbreaks there. its almost like the people most likely to die from this thing are the ones most likely to get it as well lol. i'd like to see that type of data though, like where are people actually contracting it.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:16 PM   #68
Coop

Coop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant future

Quote:
According to Trump censored reporting from the CDC masks reduce the risk of COVID infections by 70%.

That means 70% less people dying.
Wow Mr MIT educated engineer, your math skills are impeccable.

Reducing the risk of infected doesn’t mean 70% less people dying. That would only be the case if 100% of infections led to death.

Quote:
Even if you could only hypothetically save lives by putting a piece of cloth on your face, why not just suck it up and do it.

3000 people are dying every day now.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...sars-cov2.html
“Why not suck it up and do it”

Why should I limit my freedoms due to your unnecessary fear? How about, the people I’m supposed to be protecting, THEY STAY INSIDE. Woaaahh what a concept!
Old 12-11-2020, 08:20 PM   #69
fraze

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
wouldn't it be disingenuous then to say that 1 percent of the population would die if everyone was infected than?
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Cases: 16,290,231
Deaths: 302,727
Population: 328,200,000

Death rate (Cases/Deaths) : 1.858%
Deaths / population : 0.092%
Old 12-11-2020, 08:22 PM   #70
fraze

Quote:
Wow Mr MIT educated engineer, your math skills are impeccable.

Reducing the risk of infected doesn’t mean 70% less people dying. That would only be the case if 100% of infections led to death.

“Why not suck it up and do it”

Why should I limit my freedoms due to your unnecessary fear? How about, the people I’m supposed to be protecting, THEY STAY INSIDE. Woaaahh what a concept!
If 1000 people get infected without masks. Death rate of 1% is 10 deaths.

70% reduction is 300 infections with masks. Death rate of 1% is 3 deaths.

That is a 70% reduction is deaths. Pro-tip: Look up the commutative property of multiplication.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:26 PM   #71
Coop

Quote:
If 1000 people get infected without masks. Death rate of 1% is 10 deaths.

70% reduction is 300 infections with masks. Death rate of 1% is 3 deaths.

That is a 70% reduction is deaths. Pro-tip: Look up the commutative property of multiplication.
That’s the problem with you nerd types. You never apply context. “Reduce the risk of Covid infections by 70%” is not the same as “exactly 70% less people will catch Covid” which nukes your explanation
Old 12-11-2020, 08:27 PM   #72
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

You give me editorials? From the federalist??. Smfh

I was ready to agree with you if you better sources

https://www.brookings.edu/research/t...ze-well-being/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7340075/

For your 'appearing marginally informed' pleasure
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 08:28 PM   #73
Coop

Keep in mind all the deaths you see that are reported to the CDC, by their own disclaimer, are not just confirmed cases, they are also PROBABLE cases. Which by definition means they could be wrong.

They put the “maybe they died from it “ with the “they definitely died from it” pile and put THAT number on the TV.

Last edited by Coop; 12-11-2020 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:29 PM   #74
fraze

Quote:
That’s the problem with you nerd types. You never apply context. “Reduce the risk of Covid infections by 70%” is not the same as “exactly 70% less people will catch Covid” which nukes your explanation
Lowering the risk of infection by 70% will lower infections by 70% for the same mathematical reason as above.

You're obviously going to argue regardless of facts tho, so I think I'm calling it here for today.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:30 PM   #75
Coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
You give me editorials? From the federalist??. Smfh

I was ready to agree with you if you better sources

https://www.brookings.edu/research/t...ze-well-being/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7340075/

For your 'appearing marginally informed' pleasure
“OOOH OOOH look! I got better sources than youuu haha! “

Good for you my guy
Old 12-11-2020, 08:44 PM   #76
Eviction
Detained

Battle Record: 16-11

Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction

would yall take the vaccine if you got paid to do it? they are talking about only giving the stimulus check to people that take it.
Eviction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 09:11 PM   #77
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Coop is losing hard.

I understand people will die if this thing is allowed to spread without active attempts to curb it, I just personally see that as a good thing.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 09:34 PM   #78
Answer
He / Him / His

Battle Record: 20-1

Champed
- Summer Classic IX
- Netcees Battle League
- Fight night 15

Answer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
Coop is losing hard.

I understand people will die if this thing is allowed to spread without active attempts to curb it, I just personally see that as a good thing.
I, for one, am largely in favor of population control, but there are many ways to go about it that are far more ethical than having people suffocating in the hospitals for 2 weeks before they die while simultaneously overwhelming the entire medical industry
Answer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 09:47 PM   #79
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Wow ok, I was just trying to sound cool.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 09:54 PM   #80
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Quote:
“OOOH OOOH look! I got better sources than youuu haha! “

Good for you my guy
I agree with you to a non retarded extent but you're giving me an editorial like it's a source? You might as well be linking to your own posts at that point

You're welcome btw
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coop autistic without vaccines, no vaccine for stupid, vaccine only for sheep