Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 10-30-2020, 12:59 AM   #1
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future
Default A friend is having an fart exhibit in the beginning of December and want me to perform a slam poetry piece at the opening

Just wanted to inform you all that I've agreed to commit social suicide

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 01:46 AM   #2
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

You’ll do great bro, record it
Adverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 04:08 AM   #3
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Will do! It'll be in Norwegian though.

I'm starting to see where and how one can get a side income from this though. I want to get into open mics once shit opens up again, the opening in December will be my first time performing my own shit in front of people, so that'll be interesting for sure.

Once that is settled over the course of a year and skills have developed further, I can create a webpage stating: "Want a personal slam poetry piece (wedding/art openings/business/bachelor party/funeral/etc.) to be performed or written for you?

Rates are as such:

Micro-poem: 5$ a piece (or 10 for 30$)
Poem (medium length, 10 lines max): 30$
Written slam poetry piece: 50$
Performed: 150$ (+ travel & accomodation)
Changes: Anything you like to change? Free the first 2 times. After that: 5$ per edited line or couplet. (Pro-tip if anyone would want to try out the same thing: make a slightly visible error but something the customer can see, CLIENTS in graphic design LOVE to think they know better and change things regardless how perfect it is. They make errors on the reg so the customer feel satisfied with themselves and the work is exactly how they want it but in reality you was just waiting to finish it up, lol. If they don't say anything you simply change 1 thing/grammatical error/whatever mistake you made and the customer will think you care extra about them and can built a great working relationship with them that way)

I don't know, something like that. But it could be a good side income along with videos etc. showing my work and style.

Got to truly excel in order for something like this to work out, but it might be a great long term goal to make for myself if I want to pursue this further after the opening and I find attending open mics/slam poetry events as fun. All of this is just what I came up with now and may have to be changed, and not start at rates that high.

Last edited by Objective; 10-30-2020 at 04:16 AM.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:13 AM   #4
Smod of War
My avatar is a man, urGAY

Battle Record: 2-5

Smod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant future

Change this mans name to: Walls of Text

@Inno
Smod of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 05:35 AM   #5
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

I could always go for 4 posts in succession like other people on here if that is preferred. (I won't) Change my name and see me back in 6-12 months like I've done in the past you absolute shitstank of a person. Just block me, skim through it or scroll past like an individual that doesn't expect others to make the world perfect for them. Y'all know I won't change by now, so either gimme the boot or put up with it. Do the middle ground and I'll make the decision for you

Last edited by Objective; 10-30-2020 at 05:42 AM.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:24 AM   #6
Smod of War
My avatar is a man, urGAY

Battle Record: 2-5

Smod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant future

Damn bro chillllll it was just a joke

Anyways, regarding your op - I hope you feel better. Being sick sucks
Smod of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:59 AM   #7
UPN Zuch
Spoiled brat

Battle Record: 25-3

Champed
- Now Or Never 2020
- Netcees Pic League
- NPL Season I
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Season XV

UPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant future

Awesome buddy. Looking forward to the video.
Or pull up to ya doorstep...I’m on ya porch wavin like polite neighbors/
UPN Zuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:58 AM   #8
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod of War View Post
Damn bro chillllll it was just a joke
A tired and old one at that, unfortunately

@Zuch: I didn't say I'd share it, and I definitely won't because it'll be in Norwegian and y'all devious bastards will use it a source for humor, lol But ye, it'll be interesting to see how it goes, can update the thread of how it went and perhaps a pic of me performing the thing so you'll at least see I wasn't lying about it

Last edited by Objective; 10-30-2020 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:16 PM   #9
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

try not to be disheartened if (when) nothing comes of the slam poetry.

otherwise, good luck.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:55 PM   #10
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Eng can’t even be supportive of something he’d put in his top 5 life experiences

Just eat a bullet and get it over with
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 10:07 PM   #11
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eŋg View Post
try not to be disheartened if (when) nothing comes of the slam poetry.

otherwise, good luck.
I won't! I wouldn't have been writing verses on/off for 15 years if I didn't do it for the love. The other stuff are just bonus things that are fun to play around in my head and costs next to nothing to attempt. I agree with your logic on this matter, appreciate your words.

The poetry slam community in Norway is pretty small (compared to other countries/cities) so just getting into it will make it possible for me to network/learn further as they're a pretty supportive bunch (from what I've heard). I live life for the experiences, not the $. It just makes it more interesting with a carrot at the end of the stick once you've reached a certain point I guess. I like making goals with steps for myself. And I can't lose what I don't have, or need when it comes down to it, anyways. At "worst" I'll write stuff and only post here or other places, which I'm completely cool with as well.

The art exhibit and poetry slam opening is happening tho, they're doing groups of 20 at a time.

Last edited by Objective; 11-01-2020 at 10:13 PM.
Old 11-01-2020, 11:24 PM   #12
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

This is dope. I want to peep. At least put the english text somewhere, or even better. Make a second video and do it in english for us.
Old 11-01-2020, 11:33 PM   #13
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

I'll consider it @White Earl. But that's also because it's a challenge to write a piece that can be read in two languages, and getting feedback on what I should focus on first (not pertaining to accent) would be extremely valuable

Old 11-01-2020, 11:34 PM   #14
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Makes sense
Old 11-03-2020, 12:24 PM   #15
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~RustyGunZ~ View Post
Eng can’t even be supportive of something he’d put in his top 5 life experiences

Just eat a bullet and get it over with
who even ranks life experiences?! yours must be severely unfulfilled.

idk how often you tell others to off themselves but you might consider why youre so casually quick to.

good perspective to have, objective.
Old 11-03-2020, 03:17 PM   #16
El Muffin
DOHpe since 02'

Battle Record: 43-24

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- 1-2 Punch Onslaught
- 1-2 Punch League
- Hot or Thot Roast
- Hot or Thot 2018
- Fight Night 11
- NPL Roast

El Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant future

Obj been doing slam poetry forever tho

What makes you think he’d stop because it isn’t a mainline into immediate success
Old 11-03-2020, 06:40 PM   #17
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eŋg View Post
good perspective to have, objective.
Thanks! I give cred to the way you go about this btw, and I agree with your points/stance/questions you've put forth. Idk why people be challenging you on this for giving solid advice and being realistic about it tho, haha

Appreciate everyone for the support and believing in me. Did NOT expect!

Old 11-04-2020, 12:26 PM   #18
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

nobody listens. everyone speaks.

noise.
Old 11-04-2020, 01:07 PM   #19
Dope girl

Battle Record: 3-8

Dope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Dope girl Send a message via Yahoo to Dope girl Send a message via Skype™ to Dope girl

I write poems
I can help you win
Dope girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 06:28 PM   #20
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dope girl View Post
I write poems
I can help you win
It isn't a tournament and I prefer to always write my own stuff regardless of context, but thanks for offering help. Stay up