User Tag List

Old 04-09-2018, 12:59 AM   #1
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future
Default Is Jordan B. Peterson the GOAT psychologist?

@veritas

Is it possible he's GOAT of our times?
Old 04-09-2018, 09:16 AM   #2
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

The thought has crossed my mind. What made you say this?
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:26 AM   #3
wasim
The Conqueror

wasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant future

recently copped his book, so far so good.
wasim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:42 AM   #4
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

I liked 12 rules, I enjoyed his maps of meaning lectures from 2017 better. I think his theological background is extremely relevant to his massively successful approach towards understanding the human psyche and he also has the advantage of being part of this information age and entering the realm of psychology during a period where the science of studying the human mind is not only prevalent in todays society but almost indispensable to a culture being destroyed by consumerism, the separation of church and state, loss of family structure and increasing identity crisis due to myriad of different effects of living in one of the most financially comfortable periods in history ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:46 AM   #5
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

The idea of holding yourself accountable for your life is the perfect message for this time period.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:35 AM   #6
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Hes a nazi THO
Old 04-09-2018, 11:41 AM   #7
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quit trolling
Old 04-09-2018, 11:54 AM   #8
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Just because my preferred pronoun is troll doesnt give uou the right to misgender me brah
Old 04-09-2018, 11:57 AM   #9
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

But nah i fuck with jordan peterson. Threads like these let me know im on top of internet culture because ive been aware of this dude since he was sonning crying weirdos outside of his college years ago

He capitolized on the momentum espousing views ive always agreed with, namely taking responsibility for your shit.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:18 PM   #10
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
But nah i fuck with jordan peterson. Threads like these let me know im on top of internet culture because ive been aware of this dude since he was sonning crying weirdos outside of his college years ago

He capitolized on the momentum espousing views ive always agreed with, namely taking responsibility for your shit.
Wel said.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:44 PM   #11
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Champed
- Write Night II

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
The thought has crossed my mind. What made you say this?
He just seems well rounded imo. None of that femi-nazi bullshit that's been all up in colleges for the last few decades. Conservatives love to see him as a champion of the right but I don't think he's right wing at all in the sense that many people think, he just sees the utility in having a societal structure with rules (as well as the oppression that comes with it) as opposed to fighting lions barefoot and having to cultivate your own food like some of the postmodern types want. I didn't think so before...but now I'm starting to think that the resentment which fuels the left and bitter low-status men especially is the most dangerous element of society at this current time in history. The collective academic lean to the left can foment revolution in a dangerous way if left unchecked imo. Liberals seem to think that Mao and Stalin didn't murder 100 mil+ people in an effort to create that egalitarian utopia. Unfortunately dominance hierarchies are millions of years old and exist in pretty much literally every single human tribe so you can't create a utopia, people will always rise to the top b/c pareto distributions. It's just science it applies to density of trees in rain forests, the size of cities, people who make money, men who fuck the most women, percentage of points scored by a few people in the NFL/NBA/NHL etc. Neo-marxists want to level the playing field because they're bitter that they can't climb any dominance hierarchies. Also weird ass professors that are marxist get a power rush from indoctrinating the youth with nonsense imo. In addition socially maladroit men seek sexual approval by "protecting" these manly feminist women who like to put up picket signs and yell nonsese...I mean the whole thing is just a clusterfuck. I think about pol pot who the french intellectuals applauded for trying to create that sort of communist society by bringing the city folk to the countryside for more equal distribution of farm production, boom 3 genocides, 3 completely different cultures, 3 sort of separate variations of communist fantasies gripping millions of people fueled by latent resentment [russia china cambodia]. Also we got N. Korea right now...That's the ugly potential of far left ideals, just like hitler was the result of a more far right psychology. I was looking into pursuing a psych degree (picking up the weight, worthy goal) then eventually getting into clinical psychology but the college where I have credits is already infested with a pro social justice mentality in the advanced psych classes. Shit's weird I need to find a college that isn't down with all the bullshit.

Last edited by NYCSPITZ; 04-09-2018 at 05:48 PM.
NYCSPITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:59 PM   #12
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Champed
- Write Night II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
I liked 12 rules, I enjoyed his maps of meaning lectures from 2017 better. I think his theological background is extremely relevant to his massively successful approach towards understanding the human psyche and he also has the advantage of being part of this information age and entering the realm of psychology during a period where the science of studying the human mind is not only prevalent in todays society but almost indispensable to a culture being destroyed by consumerism, the separation of church and state, loss of family structure and increasing identity crisis due to myriad of different effects of living in one of the most financially comfortable periods in history ever.
Word he argued Sam Harris the atheist and I was pissed at how ad hominem Sam got when he was trying to make a caricature out of peterson's arguments. Peterson is insanely relevant in terms of his whole approach of, he starts attacking basic life needs before delving deeper into the christian connections, the unconscious, literal brain functions etc. Do you have self-esteem, family stability, a social group you like, relationships, money, stability etc. Ask that shit first before you throw prozac at people and you're solving 90% of the problems people have right there. I am convinced that massive denial about personal life conditions is the major key that most people lack the courage to face which fucks up society in general. Lotta people go their whole lives complaining to the grave and that could be dangerous if as a society that nihilism and resentment gets ramped up...

I was gonna peep maps of meaning the book but I heard it was mad complicated. I'm trying to get at peterson's entire recommended list I think it'll take me a few years though

https://jordanbpeterson.com/reading-list/great-books/

I'm on Will to Power and It's taken me weeks to get through like 150 pages and I still don't get it tbh but maybe I shouldn't be starting with Nietzsche's magnum opus.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:05 PM   #13
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Champed
- Write Night II

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasim View Post
recently copped his book, so far so good.
i read the 1st 3 chpts i like it so far
Old 04-09-2018, 08:00 PM   #14
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSPITZ View Post
He just seems well rounded imo. None of that femi-nazi bullshit that's been all up in colleges for the last few decades. Conservatives love to see him as a champion of the right but I don't think he's right wing at all in the sense that many people think, he just sees the utility in having a societal structure with rules (as well as the oppression that comes with it) as opposed to fighting lions barefoot and having to cultivate your own food like some of the postmodern types want. I didn't think so before...but now I'm starting to think that the resentment which fuels the left and bitter low-status men especially is the most dangerous element of society at this current time in history. The collective academic lean to the left can foment revolution in a dangerous way if left unchecked imo. Liberals seem to think that Mao and Stalin didn't murder 100 mil+ people in an effort to create that egalitarian utopia. Unfortunately dominance hierarchies are millions of years old and exist in pretty much literally every single human tribe so you can't create a utopia, people will always rise to the top b/c pareto distributions. It's just science it applies to density of trees in rain forests, the size of cities, people who make money, men who fuck the most women, percentage of points scored by a few people in the NFL/NBA/NHL etc. Neo-marxists want to level the playing field because they're bitter that they can't climb any dominance hierarchies. Also weird ass professors that are marxist get a power rush from indoctrinating the youth with nonsense imo. In addition socially maladroit men seek sexual approval by "protecting" these manly feminist women who like to put up picket signs and yell nonsese...I mean the whole thing is just a clusterfuck. I think about pol pot who the french intellectuals applauded for trying to create that sort of communist society by bringing the city folk to the countryside for more equal distribution of farm production, boom 3 genocides, 3 completely different cultures, 3 sort of separate variations of communist fantasies gripping millions of people fueled by latent resentment [russia china cambodia]. Also we got N. Korea right now...That's the ugly potential of far left ideals, just like hitler was the result of a more far right psychology. I was looking into pursuing a psych degree (picking up the weight, worthy goal) then eventually getting into clinical psychology but the college where I have credits is already infested with a pro social justice mentality in the advanced psych classes. Shit's weird I need to find a college that isn't down with all the bullshit.

A lot to unpack there but essentially you seem to have a good grasp on his swag.

The dude is dark. He is psychologically honest. He does not sugar coat life. This makes his ability to bring cogent points all the more acute.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:34 PM   #15
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Champed
- Write Night II

considering his lack of belief in jesus as God incarnate I'm surprised you like his work
Old 04-09-2018, 08:38 PM   #16
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

NYC dropping that verbose truth ITT

peterson is impressive merely for existing as he does despite the intense scrutiny he has been placed under. that's not even going into the wealth of knowledge he possesses and the tremendous drive to be heard and share that in educating those willing to learn.

he's the type of person the world severely lacks. a beast.

i try to have conversations about the GOAT less and less, though.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:46 PM   #17
The Dead Poet

The Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
Hes a nazi THO
lol
Old 04-09-2018, 08:53 PM   #18
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Champed
- Write Night II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eŋg View Post
NYC dropping that verbose truth ITT

peterson is impressive merely for existing as he does despite the intense scrutiny he has been placed under. that's not even going into the wealth of knowledge he possesses and the tremendous drive to be heard and share that in educating those willing to learn.

he's the type of person the world severely lacks. a beast.

i try to have conversations about the GOAT less and less, though.
Word he's a sparkplug a little bit too dark and focused on the physical/metaphorical imo but I'm not complaining b/c he drops bombs
Old 04-09-2018, 09:00 PM   #19
Batty
that nigga

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

It's pretty easy to completely dismantle and own college kids these days, that should be taken into account. Especially while the young professors at the college are wearing antifa masks and throwing rocks at people they can't outdebate.

Smart people are smart, it doesn't matter if they don't share your same ideals or political views. The problem is that too many people these days think that if they disagree with a person, then that makes that person dumb and themselves smart.

Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro are smart dudes and are sharp enough in debates to be lethal weapons to just about anybody who steps to them.
Batty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:01 PM   #20
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSPITZ View Post
Conservatives love to see him as a champion of the right but I don't think he's right wing at all in the sense that many people think,
this is the only thing i kind of disagree with.

the left view him as a champion of the alt-right, because they are too retarded to understand he's a liberal. he just speaks sense and doesn't follow pc culture to the T. this makes the left see him as a nazi, and the right will embrace people the left hates.

but if you look at his actual political views its alot of liberal malarkey the right doesn't fuck with at all. they just like that he calls the left on their shit.

Tags
log back in as aero