Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 12-07-2018, 11:37 PM   #1
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future
Default Simulation Hypothesis

For this conversation to happen, there are a couple things you need to know. The first is very very low level knowledge of quantum physics, or wave-particle duality.

(Not really necessary the next vid does a good job explaining)

REMEMBER THIS, WAVE...PARTICLE

Video games, such as GTA, have a LOT of memory to load in at any given time. Because of this, it only loads in the things that your character is interacting with. So if you are on Grove St, then Maple Ave will have basic texture, no cars or NPCs, etc. Games like the Witcher 3 load it all in real time as you rotate your camera. So basically whatever you aren't looking at is just a blob, or doesn't exist I guess you could say. Then you turn your attention to it and it materializes in front of you.

OKAY, so technology evolved to the point that we could study Einstein's theory even deeper, high speed cams and shit. WHAT THEY FOUND is that light changes from a wave to a particle based on when it is observed.

AS IF AWARE IT WAS BEING WATCHED. This shit literally gives me chills. This was later disproved by a man named Bell, who proved that photons and electrons just dgaf

So... the theory goes: (Elon Musk says we better hope he's right or we have no chance of survival for another thousand years)

Computers were created about 80 years ago, but the last 30 years was where the real progress occurred. In just those years, we have expanded on a computer's capabilities by some ridiculous number, like 27 trillion x or something. Video games have gone from literal dots on a screen to nearly indistinguishable from the real thing. I was playing Madden and my girl's uncle thought there was a game on for 30 minutes lol. In just this span of time.
We now have VR headsets that attempt to put you directly into the world, surrounding you with a virtual world that is ONLY getting closer to real life.

You see where I'm going with this, I hope?

The theory splits into 2 distinct beliefs at this point

The first theory is that we are just a creation of an alien race, a free-will NPC in a world sim by some advanced coder who is light years ahead of us. Think Rick and Morty, where Morty goes into the game and lives an entire life in seconds.

The 2nd theory, and my favorite, is the multiverse theory. Basically, in some timeline that we have all lived out before, we advanced. We made it to the point that we could upload our consciousness into a virtual, ever expanding server. From that we created the existence that we are living now, as well as other, parallel universes.

Discuss.

GOD DOESNT DISPROVE SCIENCE STAY AWAY

Main source:

Edit: sorry that reads like this is Musk's theory. It is not.

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter

Last edited by bleak; 12-08-2018 at 12:09 AM.
bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:40 PM   #2
bleak
yeet

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

Roy: A Life Well Lived

GOTY 2418

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
Old 12-08-2018, 12:08 AM   #3
bleak
yeet

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

40 years tbf I forget we're as close to 1980 as 1942 was

Battle to the death
Old 12-08-2018, 01:51 AM   #4
Clout

Battle Record: 1-0

Clout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant futureClout has a brilliant future

Get laid man.
Make her a slave to black dick the next time she makes a racist remark point to your dick. If she says "are all blacks ghetto?" You reply with "did you or did you not have my hairy black balls on your forehead?"
Clout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:12 AM   #5
Qualm
on posting probation

Battle Record: 0-1

Qualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant future

It’s amazing how pseudointellectuals can take valid science that took centuries of research and proofs and turn it into a hotbed of koala shit. Posts like this are why flat earthers still exist in 2018

I award you no points, and may the warthog have mercy on your soul

Last edited by Qualm; 12-08-2018 at 04:19 AM.
Qualm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:42 AM   #6
bleak
yeet

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

Good post til the ending.

I provided plenty of source material to make up for my lack of knowledge on the subject. I'm merely presenting a topic to discuss. You are a cringe troll who couldn't sharpen my pencil on your best day.

Battle to the death
Old 12-08-2018, 05:32 AM   #7
For Battling

Battle Record: 11-6

For Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant future

Wtf
For Battling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:08 AM   #8
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleak View Post
Good post til the ending.

I provided plenty of source material to make up for my lack of knowledge on the subject. I'm merely presenting a topic to discuss. You are a cringe troll who couldn't sharpen my pencil on your best day.
Solid retort.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:22 AM   #9
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Battle Record: 16-26

Chyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant future

Solid. Were actually in the stages on this timeline where uploaded consciousness is rearing its ugly head. The vid with the guy Gordy Rose talking about his new Kindred program us insane bro

I know the ledge, his sister's a jumpoff
Chyeahhh!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:23 AM   #10
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Are you suggesting these two theories are all that is possible...or two of many?

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:33 AM   #11
Mediocrity
Brother

Mediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant future

I’ve already tried this angle
Old 12-08-2018, 09:30 AM   #12
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

yea i don't know enough

but i know things react differently when observed, but not because they know they are being observed, but because the act of observing them exerts a "force" for lack of a better word i know.

i forget what it was, some super small particle/material whatever they were researching in some nerd lab, they got hype over because it behaved differently when observed until they realized for us to observe it, light needed to hit it, and the light hitting it caused the change, not us observing it. if that makes sense

thats all i got.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:42 AM   #13
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Chyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant future
Default he speaks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
yea i don't know enough

but i know things react differently when observed, but not because they know they are being observed, but because the act of observing them exerts a "force" for lack of a better word i know.

i forget what it was, some super small particle/material whatever they were researching in some nerd lab, they got hype over because it behaved differently when observed until they realized for us to observe it, light needed to hit it, and the light hitting it caused the change, not us observing it. if that makes sense

thats all i got.
double slit experiment where a conscious observer made the particle behave differently.

Consciousness is the force bro. Theoretically, reality is perception based. When introducing a conscious being into a lucid simulation, the outcomes can become almost endless, lending credence to the multiverse theory as well.

EDIT: I used the term "lucid" being the simulation is based off of choice with loose tolerance perimeters. Basically, a "pick your poison" type of program. The end result depends on the user. Thing is the interface is also jacked into the time continuum, or at least what we understand time to be. As you said, light is an important part of the equation but when you factor in frequency and vibration in the particles, that's where the fun begins. You start delving into the quantum realm.

Last edited by Chyeahhh!!!; 12-08-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:51 AM   #14
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

question:
If we created this simulation to exist in why would we program pain into it?
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:09 AM   #15
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Default he speaks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
question:
IMO I don't think "we" created it. I think what we term "God" is just a supremely boxed in title on a definitive level. God is a scientist, microbiologist, physicist with a very fucking healthy sense of humor. God is ridiculous and meticulous man lol. Too complex for us to think we can have a general understanding of. Everything is the domino effect with him/her/them. Every system you can think of, nature, the human anatomy, what we know about space, everything...relies on a delicate and a well balanced reliance on departmentalized systems that if one fails, they all fail. It's too intricate in detail. Reeks of an omnipotent programmer to me.

Old 12-08-2018, 10:13 AM   #16
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

who created god

any "creator" makes 0 sense to me
Old 12-08-2018, 10:17 AM   #17
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Default he speaks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
who created god

any "creator" makes 0 sense to me
Programmer, creator, God, whatever have you bro. Is there a source? Screw the egg, sometimes the "chicken" could have always been IMO

Old 12-08-2018, 10:25 AM   #18
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

my problem with everything is the fact that it is all based off what we can understand as human beings. we use human learned logic and reasoning to delude ourselves into feeling like we understand something, while putting aside the logic and reasoning that disproves it.

we will never understand and are not capable.

i get overwhelmed from time to time with the simple question of WTF IS THIS. the "this" being everything. driving home from work. something so monotonous and repeated its autopilot. seeing the dead trees and the buildings fading into dead cornfields i pass through on my journey to whiteville where i live now every day. thinking of all the cars on the road, the birds in the sky, how the birds fucking swirl like schools of fish under water only they're swimming in the air, or driving into work where its light enough out to see plainly yet the sun hasn't risen fully and you can see the giant moon still in the sky. and you remember you are a speck on a speck of infinity

and nothing makes sense

and we can't make sense of it. so all of these discussions are just journeys along paths of ignorance in search of finding the path with the least amounts of uhh that doesn't make sense though.

but the path doesn't exist in an infinity we can comprehend

only infinity tha rellik. finny does dallas
Old 12-08-2018, 10:54 AM   #19
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
question:
While I don’t think this thread has much more to give than wokeness, I just gotta address this.

That’s not how AI works

And

That’s the kind of uncertainty that leads people to faith
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:18 AM   #20
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

He didn’t say AI he said we are consciousness implanted into a simulation, unless I read that wrong
Which implies a consciousness from the past that put their consciousness into a simulation to achieve immortality
In which case, I wonder why the pain would be programmed in
Obviously I think all of this is bullshit
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote