Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future
Default DEADMAN - SKINSUIT

my cup
as always

runneth over. blood in my cola
waking up from something like a 100-month coma
dustier. older. grumpy. unfocused
swollen. puffy bolus. rusty trombone song composer
decomposed. head and shoulders
knees and toes, lean in closer
whisper in your ear romances i should've told you
when it mattered more. the matador. bullshit, its over
secrets tell themselves in time. it's darkroom exposure
beachside foyer. Naples / Palm Springs / Sarasota
sit there for a while until we smell melanoma
hang it up and carry on. the
shadow puppet Paragon
rocking chair, a bad toupee, a Wheel of Fortune marathon
Americana
Live as though nobody really cares about it
cause Michael Jackson's overdose still
overshadows Farah Fawcett
terracotta soldiers. buddy we've all got our marching orders
walk the line like Johnny told us
Fall, make sure you're falling forward
call me on my kitchen cordless. tell me how unique New York is
blow me kisses, punch my organs
Still pay for your hair appointment
selfish fucking failed abortion. i stay here out of ceremony
pay tribute to our younger selves
nostalgia strangely parasocial
therapized as babies. gave us stimulants and privacy
meditation : medication : methylphenethylamine.
white-coat pharma contra. ye harbingers of sympathy
cheated on their SAT's. now they rule the embassy
baggy jacket skinny jeans
post-grunge junky energy
i promise if i die tonight, i'll ask no one to visit me
dont forget my order, please: cigarettes and whiskey, neat
Liquified my insides but my Skinsuit still resembles me
Netcee in my chemistry. savant and retard synergy
i been doing this since 15
since computer labs and little league
Brother Ali - Missing Teeth. graffiti in the city street
tipping over port-a-potties. innocent, but viciously
doesn't matter anyway
i always end up doing this
i love you for your foolishness
because thats really you

dead man

Last edited by dead man; 01-13-2024 at 01:32 AM.
dead man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 06:35 AM   #2
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

I’d sig that if sigging anything felt worthwhile these days.

I liked a lot of this. Unique New York and skin suit lines particularly. Paragon with a capital P?

This feels like we’re almost at the end. I’ll miss you BDz.
Old 01-25-2024, 06:13 PM   #3
Saint
Scream

Battle Record: 63-35

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Picture Roast
- Battle Royale Tournament
- NBL Pic Roast
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Season 11
- HoT Roast
- BAL Roast
- Tag Team Tourney
- NBL Barcotic Cypher
- SOL Pic Roast
- BA Tag
- XXXtentacion Roast
- 1-2 LR Champ

Saint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant future

dug it, few sections stood out, great as a whole

post-grunge junky energy
Liquified my insides but my Skinsuit still resembles me
Old 02-02-2024, 04:02 PM   #4
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future
Question

hang it up and carry on. the
shadow puppet Paragon
rocking chair, a bad toupee, a Wheel of Fortune marathon
Americana
Live as though nobody really cares about it
cause Michael Jackson's overdose still
overshadows Farah Fawcett

A lot of people call you the most talented writer to ever do this simply because they've seen others say it. A lot of people who say that probably haven't even read a full verse from you. I'm not one of those people. I say you're the most talented writer to ever do this because you are. And I know what I'm talking about.

You are not only the most talented to ever do this topical shit, you are one of the best writers I have ever read in my life.

This wasn't exactly a classic from you but the lines I quoted are why I say you're the best. They were a seemingly effortless display of wit, brevity and cadence that most people simply aren't capable of.

I'm a very good writer. I'm more talented than most people who have ever done this. There have been quite a few genuinely incredible writers that have done this. Lars, Certain, dull and bb, Soulstice, Oats, Cry, Pancakebrah, Vulgar and I could name plenty more.

I'd put myself in that group. You aren't in it. You're out on your own my friend.

Thank you.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 03:18 PM   #5
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

i'm grateful for your insightful reflections on the piece you shared. your ability to weave together thematic elements and a stream of consciousness approach so seamlessly is truly heartening. it's rewarding to see that the literary techniques you employed resonated with me and aligned with my own experiences in writing, especially how the narrative's direction and unique phrases like "pharma contra" subtly yet significantly guided the reader's journey through the text. your method of writing, which combines bold experimentation with profound personal reflection, clearly aims to deliver a narrative that is not only authentic but deeply engaging. your verse is an intricate exploration of themes such as the passage of time, personal disillusionment, and societal critique, all skillfully layered to create a rich narrative fabric- beginning with a stark contrast between abundance and the taint of corruption, setting a thematic tone that threads through the entire piece- your strengths are interconnectivity, where as i believe my adhd takes over midway through a verse. your vivid imagery of emerging from a lengthy period of inactivity or disconnection introduces the stark netceeian narrative of decline and disorientation-- further emphasized by allusions to physical and mental deterioration. this particular narrative is interlaced with moments of introspection and regret, particularly for words left unsaid, underscoring the deeply personal angst amidst broader societal commentary, which to me, delineates you from a bunch of writers- the metaphor is strong in you. the evolution of truths over time, akin to photographs developing in thedarkroom, serves as a metaphor for the eventual, unavoidable revelation of hidden realities which plague us. dope. the verse critiques cultural and societal obsessions, using american icons (that you have mentioned before) and references to underscore the transient nature of fame and the superficial commemoration of celebrity- something which when done right can be amazing- and yes it was done right here. IN CONCLUSION, it delves into themes of destiny and integrity, using historical metaphors and cultural allusions to advocate for living a life of purpose and authenticity. it critiques the modern world's complexities, from the impersonal nature of nostalgia to the ethical quandaries of the pharmaceutical industry, and the societal systems that often prioritize advancement without merit. the personal narrative converges with these broader themes, revealing a dialogue between the individual's inner world and the external societal pressures, culminating in a poignant embrace of authenticity and the acceptance of one's flaws- which is something I feel anyone can relate to if they're self aware enough. this verse navigates the intricate dance between personal identity and societal roles, offering a reflective journey through life's myriad challenges towards a place of self-acceptance and understanding, all through your unique voice. thanks
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 05:34 PM   #6
Alice

Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Truly loved these:

when it mattered more. the matador.

post-grunge junky energy

And of course the “i always end up doing this”. Simple, poignant, relatable etc etc.

Always glad to read your work. Everything else and more’s been said already
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 04:37 PM   #7
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

i liked reading this.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 11:13 AM   #8
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

This is when dead is at his best. I mean he’s phenomenal on a topic but he’s +1 of that on these rambling type pieces.

He constructs phrases that are just so unique and impactful. But I think his biggest strength, at least imo, which most people overlook, is his rhyming. He uses such unorthodox rhymes that are quite spectacular.

Really enjoyed it
Old 04-03-2024, 04:45 AM   #9
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

..man

Im not sure i can sing praises that havnt already been sung to you. But your effortless descriptive imagery is just flawless man. I come into a dead man post most often when i need to see clearer. Just read the words and everything comes to life again.

You are appreciated.
Old 04-03-2024, 05:44 AM   #10
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

I love you for your foolishness
Old 04-06-2024, 02:35 AM   #11
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

when it mattered more. the matador. bullshit, its over
secrets tell themselves in time. it's darkroom exposure

Idk why, i just fucking love this ..this whole piece is on another level. Inspiring something in me thats been dead for a long time to maybe try some old things again in a new light. Idk, well see.