Old 05-30-2023, 01:13 AM   #1
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future
Lightbulb Championship Match-Up: Diablo (8-0) vs. Master Rock (7-1) [DIABLO CHAMPS!]

Season 11 XI

VERSES DUE: Sunday, June, 4th, 11:59 P.M. Western / 2:59 A.M. Eastern / 7:59 A.M. UK. 24 Hour Ext: Mod/Opponent Discretion

VOTES: Monday, June, 5th, 11:59 P.M. Western / 2:59 A.M. Eastern / 7:59 A.M. UK. 3 Vote Requirement Enforced/Penalty

MAXIMUM: 48 Lines: 64 IF AGREED UPON!

Goodluck! @Diablo @Master Rock

TOPIC:

Old 05-30-2023, 02:21 AM   #2
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

They say guitars are like women — In that you can rent a spare
but good ones are hard to find, and bad ones are everywhere.
I can still remember where our eyes met.
The moment feeling so surreal.
Your whole appearance was cold and steeled yet it still held its own appeal.
I motioned nearer, balance shifting beneath my feet from one to the next
while lost in the mesmerising magnetism your body possessed.
You were a model exemplified, looking hot in any case,
your frock accentuating the curves set atop your slender frame.
You belonged on centre stage.
You had such a perfect arrangement tonally
that even though not a word was exchanged,
You spoke to me.
I only realised later on that this fool was out his depth,
when the same strap used to bound your head became a noose around my neck.
I should have threw you out instead of bringing you into my home
I never had you pinned as controlling,
but I did as you told me while you pulled the strings for us both.
You were instrumental in goading me to force my hand in obeying your command
If I ignored you at home, it struck a chord so bad — of course you snapped!
I hadn’t always had performance anxiety;
Now I was devoid of all energy.
My aching joints were already bleeding, yet you needed to destroy what was left of me.
Your voice, once a melody, always rich and honeyed before
became a noise that was bellowing into a guttural roar.
A strumming of chords pinged and twanged with unusual weight and key
- it was no longer me orchestrating things, but YOU that was playing me!
You were so attuned to my way of being that you were soon able to play
from the hand movements I favoured to the complex chord changes I made.
I became a mere plaything, your most loyal nominal subject,
that followed instructions as your vibrato pulsed through my body’s percussion.
You controlled each one of my functions as the screams grew louder within
and you constantly pushed me to perform out of my skin.
You overpowered my instinctive touch to make me play as desired.
Every hour,
Every minute,
Every second take I required.
We laboured so tirelessly I hardly slept a wink for a month
Yet you insisted the strumming continued even though my fingers were numb.
The habitual becoming ritual, my fingertips blackened and burnt,
as we practiced infernally until I performed like a master at work.
I’d damaged the nerve-endings in my right hand and could no longer feel any pain
— not like that would discern you from insisting on hearing me play.
Drying blood congealed on my nails where I’d worn my fingers to bone
Every signature solo was like a jolt of electric current as I picked at the notes.
You hissed at me slowly, the sound reverberated inside my skull fearful with shock,
You give me your own directives as my open sores plead you to stop.
Instead you’re increasing the volume while my skeletal frame
was desperately playing with what little remaining oxygen was left in my veins.
My legs would give way, causing me to drop to my knees,
my body so weak its brittle bones broke on impact with the concrete beneath.
None of my features remained. I lived guitar but never thought I’d be dying from it
and the only head that rolled would be mine separated from spinal column.
My mind was conscious even at the point of it hitting the floor
Some musicians have swore to put their heart and soul into this.
Yet few truly give it their all…

Last edited by Diablo; 06-03-2023 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-04-2023, 08:26 PM   #3
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

I'm a legend being born, through this treacherous storm, being left to fend myself as a child was the norm,
I fight against an enemy, that's attempting to get my spirit torn... out, I feel been scorned
I been cold and alone in this world, now sounding off the horn,
the day the music died is when I first mourned, feasting on American pie,
and discovered a way to escape the pain and trauma that's been plaguing the inside of my mind,
so bye, bye, hopefully, it goes away and dies,
I need an escape, disrupt the timeline, fine, intertwined the past and future, rewind,
a dimension bind now I'm inclined to find my voice,
the passion intensified, mixed with affliction dripping into my musical choice
Words, I rock with stars, intergalactic like Mars,
I milk these ways, I rise for another day,
height beyond your sight, this thunderous cat is roaring, suffering pain,
formed a group of like minds to play the parts of my wrecked chain,
guitars, drums, basslines, we took flight as the "Astral Plane",
float on
reaching into souls tugging on...hearts strings, we felt the love from the crowd that was being attained
We all go through the anguish of gain, this release is in our rugged lane,
The drive is what I ascertained, peace of me, we are not the same,
I am a vessel that the emotionally unconstrained,
my only lament is for the ones who have refrained
I bow to the ones that consider me acclaimed, this fame has messed with the gears of my brain,
expectation's frame, vibrating the strings of my lane, headbangers ball is my reign, dang the fame,
it's tightening its grip, the pressure inflamed my mental facilities are still struggling to maintain
our strains, raw lyrics, plus rocking the stage
leaving crowds shocked... amazed, like wildfires through towns we blaze
sold-out shows with thousands screaming, many praised
not sure exactly about what's the cost of this fame
secluded deep down as the demons peep out their hideous head attempting to take their claim
enticed by the dope, drinks toxic links to attempt to escape the past pain
the wild nights consuming my veins, overshadowing the bits of talent that shallowly remain
my dream was the escape, now a treacherous wound is opened as it scrapes
meteoric performance, every boundary we break, rock wild new challenges leaving me at stake
success's pressure is viciously forcing me to innovate
but at the same time, it's disconnecting my state
the inner demons are rattling loudly screaming as they escalate
threatening to dismantle the bond I formed with my bandmates
Amidst the chaos, I met Fate, she and I had similar monstrous traits, that we both equally hate
together our souls entangled from our depths from the music we'd create
she believed that I could overcome the demons, telling me, "It's not late"
I find myself in the rehab state, struggling, arguing with the nurses screaming, "Please, please wait!!! I can't take this break!!!"
But these withdrawals are giving my body uncontrollable aches
They hold me down attempting to sedate, the days pass to weeks as the torture peaks, till I hear the sound of music so sweet,
I begin to wake, through an open door, a bright light breaks, and there I see a silhouette of my Fate
she takes my hand out the door to "Astral Plane" ready to rock reunited with bandmates

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz

Last edited by Master Rock; 06-04-2023 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-05-2023, 06:27 PM   #4
symetrik

Battle Record: 5-7

symetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant future

mvgt Diablo

Diablo:
Excellent piece metaphor about a relationship turning sour, carefully playing between guitar/girl. Describes a journey from attraction to infatuation to destructive obsession to loss of self.

Quote:
If I ignored you at home, it struck a chord so bad — of course you snapped!
You tell a straightforward story with a journey from start to finish, from the meeting to being destroyed by the object of your affection or perhaps being driven to destroy yourself. Good use of free verse while keeping things a compelling read, and although there's been metaphor-object-like-girl before, it's not overdone.

Master Rock:
Nice story, talking about the struggles/fame/pressure, the highs and lows of the musical journey; I'm seeing drug use and self-destruction and, finally, redemption or at least convalescence.

Quote:
success's pressure is viciously forcing me to innovate
Solid story; all music stories tend to lean towards self-destruction, and although this one was a little more common of a theme (fame, spiral, etc.), it was all good.

Choosing:
Both did a solid job of conveying a narrative with at least some emotional resonance - if you've been in either situation, the piece will connect, and as I've been in both, it's hard to weigh this factor.

Diablo takes a slightly more detailed approach in depicting the relationship between the narrator and the guitar, which creates detail in the metaphor of a toxic relationship. It holds the metaphor throughout, and the sense of destruction and loss is rendered well. Immersive wording helps here, and the free verse style of the varied sentence structure gives it not just the dynamic rhythm a poem might want but also adds to the ebb and flow of the story itself.

Master Rock also gives a clear narrative arc, with a relatively abrupt and immediately-in-the-action portrayal of the truth of many famous experiences. The narrator's struggles and eventual redemption provide the reader with a good emotional journey; importantly (in my opinion), the redemption helps the emotional element connect even with people who haven't experienced this kind of struggle.

mvgt Diablo, who swings a little harder here, with fewer mistakes across the pedantic stuff like grammar/syntax and a slightly more immersive piece.
Old 06-06-2023, 10:58 AM   #5
Dope girl

Battle Record: 3-8

Dope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Dope girl Send a message via Yahoo to Dope girl Send a message via Skype™ to Dope girl

I see a lot of potential in both vs

Both stay on topic
I felt deep emotions in both vs

Diablo vs deeper compare to Master

Vote Diablo
Old 06-06-2023, 02:01 PM   #6
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

my vote go to person losing
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
Old 06-09-2023, 09:55 PM   #7
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

@Certain @UnbornBuddha @Vulgar @PancakeBrah @veritas @RichardCorey @White Earl @Zen @Wise Wiggles @big baby @Mr. J @Eŋg @Hush @Ghost1 @zygote @dull boy @CopyPat @2tripple0 @Witty @Split Eight @Pinot Grij @Just Write @Cimmerian @JESODIST @Nigma @Soulstice @ill nik-A @Eviscerate @Mercy @Rawn MD @Fig @patrown @breathless @Dove Dozer @IamBenT @ThisisDAM @Atheist @Diode @dyedinthewool @Three-Planes-Aligned @King Ra. @Orc @Cashius @Darth Yoda @namix @TYSON @Bodey @Artifice @~RustyGunZ~ @Objective @Nigma @Sinacog @ACTIVATE SELF @Concrete @Answer @asylum @YDK @Spoken @Tha Pastor Reach Yeah @Soule @Urban Dialect @Aesthetic @Alice @White LGI @Pakistani Hand Cannon @sacrifice @Chyeahhh!!! @Shredder @john hensley @Etherwave@uh-oh @Johnny 6 feet @Headless Verseman @Joko @EtH @Atheist @Johnathon Mercy @PiE @Seyance @Maximus @Sn00p @Ullr @Strikta @Sharp @Aero @kungfugrip @R!canTheoryz @Fracture @Clout @i single @UserName @Barcotic @Bobby D @Camp Bell @Coup @Darker Ego @Immolate @High Voltage @ribbit @david stern razor burns @Mike Wrecka @Exoduzt @Angkor @rakontur @Bladed Thesis @EtH @Cormier @fraze @Argh @The Law @Razah @Exis @Maximus @Flow@detour @trajik @trap @WZA @Scripter @Vinzr @Answer @Anjahl @Clayray @Defiant @Echo @Profit @Greed @corleone @Que @Mike Wrecka @Saint @Universe @Dominate @Quil @dead man @Zuo @Blue Bayou @Cereal @dead man @Civil Rawr xD
@Ink
Old 06-10-2023, 05:11 PM   #8
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

@Frank vote?
Old 06-13-2023, 04:13 PM   #9
Civil Rawr xD

Civil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant future

I got master rock for better verse
Old 06-30-2023, 09:24 PM   #10
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Lightbulb XI

@Diablo
WINS!