Old 05-04-2018, 09:09 PM   #21
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
One of the worst artists since 2008 is an extreme overreaction.
not really though. i can't think of a single song of his i'd ever want to listen to in that time frame.

granted its just opinion too, i find him extremely corny. i'm not a fan of his at all and havent been in a long time. last things i thought he was dope on was the 8 mile soundtrack and 50's first album? whichever came out last. everything after mmlp was garbage. so a decade may be an under estimation

you could name a number of terrible rappers in that time period that will have at least 1 song i can say i enjoy at least

but again im speaking from the standpoint of music, where alot of you guys weigh the value of lyricism heavy on the scales of dopeness. i weigh them heavy too, if its within the context of a dope song itself though. lyrics can't carry a song the way a beat can, FOR ME.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:11 PM   #22
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

to put it further in perspective

slaughterhouse was trash to me. joe buddens is probably the worst rapper of all time. royce made like 5 good songs out of 200. all of them are great lyricists, but they suck at making music i enjoy.

joell ortiz made the most dope shit out of them all and he's the least impressive lyrically of the bunch
Old 05-04-2018, 09:17 PM   #23
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Ah, see I value a beat hugely...but if given the option between a dope beat or dope lyricism...I'm taking dope lyricism every time.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:19 PM   #24
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

But yo I also think maybe you haven't listened enough to say Eminem hasn't had a great song in over 10 years.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:35 PM   #25
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Quote:
Ah, see I value a beat hugely...but if given the option between a dope beat or dope lyricism...I'm taking dope lyricism every time.
And that's why you'll always be a little back pack fan too guys like uh oh n me. How come every time i show a song to a friend they like "oh shit... Finny got bars". But then y'all tell me my shit is too simple?

Most people listen to dumb ass shit. The lil yachty's ate running around getting money and y'all acting like its 98 still when punch lines mattered. Shit checkers,it ain't chess no more.

I'll take the worst rapper on a dope beat any day of the week.
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:41 PM   #26
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Yeah that's definitely me.

Stfu man.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:42 PM   #27
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

And oh yeah finny you're wack as fuck.

Is that what you want to hear?

You're a fucking professional victim.

Oh and don't compare yourself to uh-oh....he is talented.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:00 PM   #28
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

don't mind finny witty. he has to come into conversations hostile because if he comes in normal people go for his neck anyways. he's that hood dog that people beat and kicked and then wonder why its mean as shit.

just embrace my role of looking down upon those who throw stones at him and ignoring when he nips at you. he's a good guy in there

but word i probably havent listened to enough em, but the enough i heard was really really bad. considering i only listened to the stuff people fawned over.

while i would also prefer someone wack over a dope beat, they have to be good enough to not ruin the beat as well. probably the same way someone could be spitting dope lyrics, the beat still has to be dope enough to care to hear it.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:30 PM   #29
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
to put it further in perspective

slaughterhouse was trash to me. joe buddens is probably the worst rapper of all time. royce made like 5 good songs out of 200. all of them are great lyricists, but they suck at making music i enjoy.

joell ortiz made the most dope shit out of them all and he's the least impressive lyrically of the bunch
I totally agree with this right here.

Joe and Royce are prolly some of dopest lyrically, but godam their albums are complete trash. Jesus Christ, Royce just put out 2 flops, prime 2 and his new album. Yeah he bangs lyrics out but name me more than one hype song from either project?

Crooked I been putting that militant niggah first music out for a while now so I don’t count him.

But yeah this a glimpse back at the old em

And Joel Ortiz like uh oh said has been the only one to put decent music.
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:32 PM   #30
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Tha rellik View Post
And that's why you'll always be a little back pack fan too guys like uh oh n me. How come every time i show a song to a friend they like "oh shit... Finny got bars". But then y'all tell me my shit is too simple?

Most people listen to dumb ass shit. The lil yachty's ate running around getting money and y'all acting like its 98 still when punch lines mattered. Shit checkers,it ain't chess no more.

Niggah get new friends, they lying to you b.
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:39 AM   #31
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Quote:

Because chances are they don't write and if they do - they are as wack if not wacker then you - you fucking idiot. So they don't appreciate the mechanics involved.

I mean, are you this stupid? I said this shit ages ago - I would do the same thing in High School... Read off battle verses to fellow white/black kids who did not write and they thought my wackest bars were flames. Mean while I was strategically doing this to wean out the wack bars. W/e they thought was hot was basic/simple shit so I would go back the the drawing board.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:03 AM   #32
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
Because chances are they don't write and if they do - they are as wack if not wacker then you - you fucking idiot. So they don't appreciate the mechanics involved.

I mean, are you this stupid? I said this shit ages ago - I would do the same thing in High School... Read off battle verses to fellow white/black kids who did not write and they thought my wackest bars were flames. Mean while I was strategically doing this to wean out the wack bars. W/e they thought was hot was basic/simple shit so I would go back the the drawing board.
No fuckwad, the point is no one fucking cares anymore if you're prime canibus. Don't nobody give two licks of a rotten cow dick who the source quotable was in march 04.

Drake is the most cringe fucking nails on a chalk board rapper and that dude made millions. Cornball rappers are fucking terrible. That's why none of the rhyme sayers made any money. Jay-z hasn't been the same dude the last decade, neither has em.

Nobody but y'all 20 dudes on a hip hop forum wanna hear fucking binary star or black star or gang starr. I hate to say it, i love all that shit. But you're from NY. Y'all really gonna let 50 be the last thing we have from y'all? Yeah there's people nice doing it, but ain't NOBODY eatin cept hov. Cole if you wanna count him, cept he dumped his east coast stype completely.

The game's changed, and y'all hate me regardless so my opinion means nothing at this point.

But I'm telling you. Completely reassuring you, the hood don't give a fuck. It's all hot cars and dope bars and that's it.
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:14 AM   #33
ill nik-A
Super Senior Member

Battle Record: 70-25

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Battle Arena
- BA Picture
- Picture Battle Tournament
- Netcees Battle League (3x)
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- Summer Classic VI
- Fall Brawl III
- Netcees Battle League Season X
- Lyric Olympics

ill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant future

Quote:
I mean, he doesn't always....and I'm a huge Eminem fan.

I think he's the most talented rapper of all time....but he overdoes it a lot...he neglects the beat, because he just wants to rhyme...he has become a better rapper but a worse song maker over the years. His beat choice is regularly terrible.

He did everything right in this tho...it was crazy...when he goes off like this, he has no equal imo.

I think he needs someone to choose his beats for him though, because he needs specific types of beats, and he generally doesn't choose the beat that is right for his style. If you listen to MMLP...every beat on that album was perfect for Em, because they were tailor made for him...Dre has an incredible ear and knew what sound was needed. He needs Dre basically...or someone like him.
Yes
Old 05-05-2018, 09:15 AM   #34
ill nik-A
Super Senior Member

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Battle Arena
- BA Picture
- Summer Classic VI
- Fall Brawl III
- Lyric Olympics

ill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant future

Quote:
its the cornball in him that only came through in a few spots on this. its usually far too overwhelming, combined with terrible attempts at relevancy in the modern music climate with his beat choices and just how he makes songs

he is legitimately one of the worst artists of the past i dunno 10 years? strictly from a music standpoint.

you are just overly impressed by his skill with the pen
No.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:16 AM   #35
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Quote:

you are just overly impressed by his skill with the pen

Maybe. But also he can spit. Which is more than i can say for some.of.thenbest selling artists of the last decade.

We all know he aint what he used to be. But idc anymore. Fuck it. Ive been hoping hes resurface as prior em for.a long time and he just goes deeper and deeper into this new style which i hate. But he even though i hate it it dont mean its bad. Its just not my preference.

Pen game.is stupid though. Ya

Had we never known a younger different sounding em.that was ontop if the world.. And all we knew was this em... What would we say as far as where he stands and the respect he gets based on what hes done in comparison to others. Idk. Its hard to answer because i remember is his first 3 lps and 8mile. Then i just try to block out the bs like it.never happened. Unfortunately it did. Idk

Last edited by Geno; 05-05-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:22 AM   #36
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Quote:
No fuckwad, the point is no one fucking cares anymore if you're prime canibus. Don't nobody give two licks of a rotten cow dick who the source quotable was in march 04.

Drake is the most cringe fucking nails on a chalk board rapper and that dude made millions. Cornball rappers are fucking terrible. That's why none of the rhyme sayers made any money. Jay-z hasn't been the same dude the last decade, neither has em.

Nobody but y'all 20 dudes on a hip hop forum wanna hear fucking binary star or black star or gang starr. I hate to say it, i love all that shit. But you're from NY. Y'all really gonna let 50 be the last thing we have from y'all? Yeah there's people nice doing it, but ain't NOBODY eatin cept hov. Cole if you wanna count him, cept he dumped his east coast stype completely.

The game's changed, and y'all hate me regardless so my opinion means nothing at this point.

But I'm telling you. Completely reassuring you, the hood don't give a fuck. It's all hot cars and dope bars and that's it.
Dope bars?

Nah, you are wrong but ok. I've learned not to go back and forth with you considering your extremely delusional. You could argue the sky is green and believe it.

Last edited by Amen; 05-05-2018 at 10:17 AM.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:47 AM   #37
ill nik-A
Super Senior Member

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Battle Arena
- BA Picture
- Summer Classic VI
- Fall Brawl III
- Lyric Olympics

@uh-oh

Who is your favorite artist ?

Oh so curious
Old 05-05-2018, 10:05 AM   #38
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Shit is dope. “My dads your grandfather “

Whew
~RustyGunZ~ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:21 AM   #39
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

uh-oh's right tho ems approach is basically backwards to making good music. wack af in every catergory except rhyme schemes. delivery hit n miss. his content is literally non existent outside of the framework of his schemes and he's ignored any sort of structure for the last decade and its unbearable usually. the only reason it's not in this is because the content seems a little less forced than usual and the cringe worthy lines are fewer and farther between. most his lines are run-on's with no purpose. he's literally like the professor tryna play nba but can't shoot so he just keep dribblin all over teh fuckin place & as long as someone eventually gets open to take the shot (royce) or the basket opens up for an easy lay in (emotional female chorus) he's ok but take that away and this dude JUST DRIBBLIN ALL DAY WITH NO DIRECTION

he's just got the illest dribbles of all time & we all come from handles-first forums so its hard to see

& his punches are soo hit n miss its impossible to gauge. a few solid ones in here which is EXCITING cuz they're usually garb but also a few super wack ones as usual
boof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:40 AM   #40
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill nik-A View Post
@uh-oh

Who is your favorite artist ?

Oh so curious
to be fair i don't really have one currently. i fuck with griselda though and actually look for those releases. eminem was smart enough to sign them. conway/westsidegunn/benny. which sort of goes against my stance because i like them for their pen wayyy more than their beats and songs really. conway is my favorite of the bunch and i keep 2 songs MAYBE off every tape he puts out, tops. they fall into the trend of using alot of beats with no drums, but then you'll get a track like "puzo" which is just a banger front to back

there is alot of trash, and i don't keep up like i used to. i'm not a fan of kendrick for example, or j cole, or alot of who gets love nowadays, but i can set my bias against them aside and see they are making good music.

i couldn't even really say who is relevant now, big sean? he has a couple songs i like. i don't like the majority of the "lil" rappers nowadays. even cornballs like tekashi69 have made solid songs. i don't listen to them but i can objectively see why its good. where as eminem songs the only redeeming feature is usually his pen

and geno when i say his pen its in reference to him "spitting" lol. it encompasses everything, flow delivery all that. everything is written to be spit how its spit. which is why i can appreciate less talented artists

if you look at it like theyre writing music its like a super complicated guitar solo can be dopeeeeeee in the context of a song, but if you contrasted it with just a simple guitar pattern that can be dope too. the emcee is just another instrument on the track. jimi hendrix wasn't some complex mastermind like maybe a santana could be. but he was much better at just putting feeling into the simplicity of his playing. and they both get shitted on by no name classical spanish guitarists skill wise if it was just writing notes on a page. ive just come to view rapping the same way