Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 01-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Battle Record: 16-26

Chyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant future
Default if the aging process were a gene activated by the sun?

Morality in Mortality...

In the olden days according to text throughout the ages, man used to live a lot longer, were stronger, taller, healthier, and lived many a moon. Everything that grows and breathes can be denominated by the sun's influence. Given this hypothesis, what could have happened that made the sun activate the aging gene within us?

I know the ledge, his sister's a jumpoff
Chyeahhh!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Lol
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #3
Batty
that nigga

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

The sun is of course a double-edged sword. It can be good in some instances and bad in others.

There are more important factors than the sun when it comes to aging tho. People used to live longer back in "biblical times" because there were no processed foods and factories and smog and shit.

I don't see it being an issue over the sun tho. It's more about technology and how the candle that burns brightest burns out the fastest.
Batty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #4
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

there was actually a vapor canopy around the earth protecting from uv rays brosephs...emmitting a pink light...google it.

plus Sin's blood poisoining took many years to fully wreck it's havok. too soon?
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #5
Batty
that nigga

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

We are slowly but surely becoming Blade Runner and New Vegas.

Fair enough?
Old 01-06-2014, 12:01 PM   #6
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

I love that reference. Fair.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:05 PM   #7
Batty
that nigga

Did you see that shit where breathing in the fumes from microwaved popcorn can give you cancer? Just saying.

It's like Jurassic Park, just because you can do it doesn't mean that you should.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:08 PM   #8
veritas
HALL OF FAME

like vacuum cleaner masterbation?
Old 01-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #9
Batty
that nigga

I think I know what you mean but I'm Googling it anyway.

I'm thinking a fleshlight mounted on a Roomba could be the greatest thing since Amazon dot com delivery drones.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:17 PM   #10
Plot

Battle Record: 26-32

Plot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant future

We didn't use to live longer, or were taller.
The race is the tallest its ever been, Im almost 7 foot tall.
Out life expectancy 100 yrs ago was FuckIdk, 2000 years ago it must have been 50?
Wtf you talking about
Plot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:19 PM   #11
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

chyeaah you are joking right??????????

on average we are the longest living, tallest strongest humans to ever exist

we have tons of human remains that show that, and its not like we're studying humans from a narrow time in history, we have bones dating back 180,000 years

the only text i can think of that says humans lived mad long are religious texts

and in religious texts people were never stronger or taller, unless they were a freak like goliath or hercules or samson
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:23 PM   #12
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plot View Post
We didn't use to live longer, or were taller.
The race is the tallest its ever been, Im almost 7 foot tall.
Out life expectancy 100 yrs ago was FuckIdk, 2000 years ago it must have been 50?
Wtf you talking about
its gotta be religion

if you were well off in ancient times you could actually live a long life almost to 80. like if you were a roman senator or man of means who didnt eat bread all day, you got a mixed diet and lived relatively stressfree

if you are using the bible or some other text, its actually date-able. like when they had dudes like enoch and methusela or whatever it was during the times when civilizations actually existed

so if you are taking there ages at face value, you have to take there dates at face value as well

and archaeological excavations from those time periods have no humans living that long, or being stonger or taller

so you have to chalk it up to either mistranslation, or fantasy

i prefer fantasy personally since thats my favorite genre of novels
Old 01-06-2014, 12:29 PM   #13
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batty View Post
I think I know what you mean but I'm Googling it anyway.

I'm thinking a fleshlight mounted on a Roomba could be the greatest thing since Amazon dot com delivery drones.
Eye contact acquired.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #14
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

telomeres
Old 01-06-2014, 03:02 PM   #15
Batty
that nigga

Samson was the Big Poppa Pump of the bible.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #16
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Eight View Post
telomeres
wat i was thinking
Old 01-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #17
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
its gotta be religion

if you were well off in ancient times you could actually live a long life almost to 80. like if you were a roman senator or man of means who didnt eat bread all day, you got a mixed diet and lived relatively stressfree

if you are using the bible or some other text, its actually date-able. like when they had dudes like enoch and methusela or whatever it was during the times when civilizations actually existed

so if you are taking there ages at face value, you have to take there dates at face value as well

and archaeological excavations from those time periods have no humans living that long, or being stonger or taller

so you have to chalk it up to either mistranslation, or fantasy

i prefer fantasy personally since thats my favorite genre of novels
It is fantasy...I have studied the Ancient Hebrew and of the many many things that were mistranslated, the ages were not one of them.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:36 PM   #18
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

word, but like creationists like to point out, the term "day" could mean anything. it might not mean a "day" how we know it, it might encompass a bunch of years. its basically malarkey made up so christians have something to cling on to

but under that same theory or whatever, a year in the bible might be a month for all we know?

even tho we know how to translate hebrew lol
Old 01-06-2014, 04:05 PM   #19
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
word, but like creationists like to point out, the term "day" could mean anything. it might not mean a "day" how we know it, it might encompass a bunch of years. its basically malarkey made up so christians have something to cling on to

but under that same theory or whatever, a year in the bible might be a month for all we know?

even tho we know how to translate hebrew lol
They get that argument because of the Hebrew word 'Yom' because it has many definitions, such as 'a year' or 'a long, vague time' only one of which is '24 hours', and also verses in psalms and another book I forget right now that describe a day as a thousand years...but they are similes to show that god exists outside of time and they aren't relevant to creation. Also, it was written by Moses and every other time Moses used this word we KNOW he was using it with the definition '24 hours' otherwise the verses wouldn't make any sense at all, there are many other words to describe 'a long time' than just Yom, the fact that he never used it in any other way in anything else he wrote strongly suggests he meant 24 hours.

And also, I nearly forgot this, In Exodus GOD himself tells the Hebrew people to keep every seventh day holy because he created the earth in 6 days and on the 7th he rested...this is a clear command to keep a period of 24 hours for rest as god himself had done.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:09 PM   #20
veritas
HALL OF FAME

there was a gap inbetween genesis 1:1 and 1:2...and no one knows how long it was. helps put things in perspective and validate the Bible. carry on.

Tags
explains aids and ke$ha, explains wilfred brimley, let there be wiggers, platinum trophy, seems legit