Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 01-15-2020, 12:09 AM   #61
namix
been that, done there.

Battle Record: 2-1

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

namix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immolate View Post
texting is dead as far as i'm concerned. i was around for its hayday, but that was friggin nearly 20 years ago now. fuckin crazy aye?

the progression we made from say, 1999 -> 2005 was leaps and bounds. going from the Tyson era to what I consider the end, the Namix era. Think about how vastly different those styles were. PJK introduced multisyllable rhymes, and we fuckin had a guide that showed you how to make em/be a textcee. I remember when we used to ADD to that book with new inventive styles and shit.

Topicals, too. I think Richard Corey laid down the foundation. Grimm.... folks like Raw. Duke & Bricks Build, Playedwords & mic boof, Inverse & me took it to some beatnik shit, around the time Diode was doing his own thing with topicals. Point is everyone had their own unique style. Now everyone is a clone.

Shiiit's stagnant. Reading any battle or topical here...there's nothing inventive at all. Everyones just doing the shit we already did. It'd be like if everyone still rapped in the 90s wu-tang style.

I've felt this way since I came here way back when, i've just always been too wasted to put it in a coherent post.

In conclusion, I think the only hope would be if we had a thriving audio scene like we did on b-boys. I think textceeing is just a dead medium, it's over, nothing more to be done with it. That'll never be true for music.

where are all the audio heads now? people used to kill it! yall remember Kuan? oof. & thr3 was on some next level shit. BlackJesus did his thing too. where are these folks these days?
word.

meanwhile, we have digital currency now.... we use to have to skeptically give strangers our home address to send us checks for pay tourneys back in the day haha..

there were several times i actually just punted on the $$ bc of that.... you remember Raw Scientz (legit af) bro Doc Spitz (cool 'nuf dude, but he'd drive there)? lol

do it fellas.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:12 AM   #62
namix
been that, done there.

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

namix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor. View Post
This is the post that made me delete this site from my browser smh
buhaha, what up Victor! :D
Old 01-15-2020, 12:17 AM   #63
namix
been that, done there.

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
I do agree though, that at a certain point there were a lot of people like me. I was dope and better than most but everyone stuck to the same punchline type text. I champed almost every league on the internet.

And so that was the best as far as I'm concerned
lol ouch

^^ fierce nameplay
Old 01-15-2020, 06:26 PM   #64
Immolate
I'm UPset

Immolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant future

got some bad news for you namix. apparently Ouch bit all those lines that we loved so much. smh

i do remember Raw Sci, he was sick. Doc Spitz too!
Old 01-15-2020, 06:53 PM   #65
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

This site was popping when i first came here in like 2009, but it has fell off a lot since, i agree texting is becoming a dead art. But compared to the site i started on (rapnation) this is still more active than they were and this was 2006 before the hype started to die down.
Shout out to ALIEN for bringing me to Netcees though, don't know if he's around or not
Adverse is offline   Reply With Quote