Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 01-05-2015, 07:23 PM   #241
Malachi
Negus

Battle Record: 5-10

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Malachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Malachi

@uh-oh
started workin on sum

tips on like choppin drums or like sounds that are one beat? and how to know where to put emm?

what makes u decide to layer your drums?
Old 01-05-2015, 07:40 PM   #242
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

i pretty much always layer my drums. mainly because its rare that i ever hear a single drumsound and feel its complete enough. i might like a kick, thats deep and boomy, but it might not have enough initial punch, so i'll put a punchy one with it, and have a beefier kick sound.

same with snares, i might like the back end of a snare, like the "air" reverberating after the initial smack, but i might not like the smack, or i might want it to smack harder, or vice versa, i might have one with a dope smack, but no tail end. so i'll put two or more together for the desired thickness and sound

for instance lets look at a classic premier beat

the drums he took from this track (skip to 5:28)

premier sampled one shots and the quick, snare-kick-snare, for the little change in his pattern. those drums are much busier than the ny state of mind drums, but they are the same sounds. the difference is preme layered a kick over the kick to give it more of a thump, the punch was already relevant in that sample. with the snare he gave it more of a mid to low smack, while preserving the high crack

now, he might not have layered drums over it, he very well could have just eq'ed and mixed them to beef them up. i've just read in interviews with him he likes to layer stock sounds (from mpc's and sp1200's etc, not stock computer sounds) with his sampled drums.

so im guessing he just put an mpc kick and snare in with them and mixed it a little for desired effect.

either way word. you just kind of layer to make it sweet.

now alot of drums you'll find in kits are already layered sounds, but they are layered how whoever made them wants them. you don't need to layer sounds. i just like to it makes it more custom and shit
Old 01-05-2015, 07:50 PM   #243
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

also notice how low premier's hihats are in his mix compared to how loud they are in the sample

a big thing that alot of people mess up with is they got them loud ass hihats. its works in some beats. if you're doing a southern banger type beat they are cool turned up moving quick, but boom bap east coast shit, they're just there to keep the kicks boomin and the snares bappin. they just hold it together. they aren't there to be the main attraction.

now with that same beat, premier has a phrase you can timestretch basically, the , duh duduh duhduh duh or whatever, but then he has that one shot, piano roll thing. thats one sound basically he sampled. the quick three piano keys or whatever. the BRRRIING or whatever haha.

im not gonna lie, it was hard for me to do any type of stab/one shot type chops in FL. i know a ton of people who can, i just couldn't transfer it from my brain to the program. since getting the mpc, its stupid easy for me. literally every beat i begin to make now sounds like some knockoff wannabe premier stuff lol. and its not even the pads as much as how the machine can auto chop stuff. i think FL's slicer is similair. i just never messed with it and i don't have FL anymore

but yea man its all a science. just gotta play around with arrangements, i'd just recommend laying some drums first, if you wanna go the one shot/sample stab route. that way you can figure out where to put it by playing along with the drums

so its like the opposite of time stretching something long and playing along with the sample, you are getting the sample to play along with you.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:48 PM   #244
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Malachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant future

but yo thats so dope to me tho

like how do they know they wanna chop drums from on sample and then put it from another like how do you know yeaa thats shits gon fit or is it just like a matchin game.
ALways choppin out drum hits or whatever n then keepin em to use? like idk even shit like that piano bring u was talkin bout its creative

lol i have know idea how those beat machines work though u can chop on them too?

ill work on layering snares also i only got one of your beatkits

but yo @uh-oh one thing bout soul shit maybe not even soul samples idkk man when i do get one bar chops n shit it be feelin mad basic nahmeann. i feel like the best beat usually got shorter stuff than that...

okay i was bout say something like xplose by dr dre but maybe not maybe its the songs im samplin. maybe i should speed it up cause the tempo be mad low? lol this prolly not makin sense but like sometimes on a chop the beginning of the chop this big noise to like an arrival noise but when u got the repeat the sample twice it just sound ugly cause that arrival noise is repeated in the middle not the begginning yknow or maybe its just me

alsoo

does 808 drums can go wit other drums

Last edited by Malachi; 01-06-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:11 PM   #245
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

as far as chopping for drums, you basically just hear a break, and chop the sounds individually, don't worry about measures/time with them. like take the initial impact as the start of the chop and end it before the next drum, so you have all the air and tail end from it.

but yea its not really about knowing to do it, as much as just wanting to. you never have to chop a drum break there are enough drumsounds out there, but in them old songs, specifically between like 67 and 73 the way music was recorded, the mixing boards, the mics, and all that just captured it different. they smack right. for boom bap purposes.

you could absolutely layer them with any drum, 808's you can layer with anything. there are no real rules as far as layering, you're just trying to create the desired drum sound. like if you got a deep booming 808 like the kicks in this beat

beat drops at 32-33 seconds. the kick drum is a huge 808 layered with a normal punchy kick.

then at :49 seconds the 808 keeps playing. still booming, but the punchy kick was taken off.

then at 1:04/1:05 the punchy kick comes back in, like the beat drops more official.

so basically you can use layering also as a way to change it up a little while keeping everything else the same. the listener pulls back like aight, its still banging, and then BOOM BOOM its back and your back up and next thing you know you're busta rhymesing head first off a stage hype as shit
Old 01-07-2015, 05:48 AM   #246
Izzy Reef

Izzy Reef has a brilliant futureIzzy Reef has a brilliant futureIzzy Reef has a brilliant futureIzzy Reef has a brilliant futureIzzy Reef has a brilliant futureIzzy Reef has a brilliant futureIzzy Reef has a brilliant futureIzzy Reef has a brilliant futureIzzy Reef has a brilliant futureIzzy Reef has a brilliant futureIzzy Reef has a brilliant future

Niggas said Audacity

X.X
Old 01-09-2015, 07:45 PM   #247
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

@uh-oh did u say u can take off the instruments from the vocals and vice versa if they together on a chop?
ima look that up
id think that thing to get the bassline would help to a certain extentt

theres this part at the end also its fading out but ima try n put the volume up on it to see if that works loll

and if like i wanted a certain part of my chop to be louder or bigger what do i use for that

Last edited by Malachi; 01-09-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:56 PM   #248
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

heres a ton of drums if you wanted to find more

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/25-gb...ection.268138/

my problem with having so many drums tho, is it can take away from ACTUALLY making something, because your auditioning a million sounds to find the "right" kick or snare etc.

but word

as far as taking instruments off of, or vocals off of chops, you can't do it. you can chop around stuff.

like for example if someone is singing over a part of something you want to chop, all you can really do is chop around the vocals, and search the song for parts where the music in the back, is the same, but they aren't singing. most of the time you wont, because they will sing over the same parts but it works sometimes.

you can take away some elements by filtering, but at the detriment of sound quality. and its not like you can hone in on anything really. you can filter out the high fidelity sounds or whatever you call it. like hihats/tamborines/cymbals. you can filter it so all you hear is the mids and lows. or you can filter out the highs and mids, so all you hear is the lows/bass.

i only ever really do it to isolate basslines, so if you want to do drops or something, you can drop out the mids and highs and just leave your drums and the bass knocking

and it also lets you control the bass sound itself, so you can turn it up, without eq'ing which sucks usually.

like make your whole beat, from start to finish, then mute everything but the sample chops, and then filter it so its only the LOWS, so its just the bass, and save it as an mp3 or wav, and then unmute everything, take the filters off so its back to normal

and then drag and drop the bass mp3/wav into the song, and you can basically control the bass outside of the main sample

if that makes sense
Old 01-11-2015, 01:01 PM   #249
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

also when something is fading out you can raise the volume as well

i'm not sure if FL has a plugin, i'm sure you can do it through automation

i know in sound forge, you can do "fades" and actually assign how it does it. like you can control the volume by drawing a line. i'm sure you can do it in FL as well. in the playlist using automation

basically you want to start where its loud, with it being low, and gradually raising the "line" up as the sample gets quieter. its kind of impossible to explain in text tho

go to youtube and search automation in fl and im sure someone covers it, or you will at least see how automation works and know how to do it from there

whenever you are bored just watch youtube tutorials on everything, even if its something you don't know what it is or whatever because it could shine light on something you didnt think of.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:06 PM   #250
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

think ima start tryna make my own collection of sounds
Old 01-11-2015, 06:37 PM   #251
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

one year later Malachi hasn't learned shit
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:57 PM   #252
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

lmao its actually 2
Old 01-11-2015, 07:36 PM   #253
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

@Malachi are you excited to drive?
Old 01-11-2015, 07:41 PM   #254
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
@Malachi are you excited to drive?
im ecstatic
Old 01-11-2015, 07:41 PM   #255
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

@uh-oh

you ever chop sum like u feel is gon be fire but then it turns shit

yea same

https://soundcloud.com/prophetmt/dark-tmrrws

i havent arranged nun yet but just so u get the idea of what im doin
Old 01-11-2015, 09:01 PM   #256
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

thats dope. when the guitar sounds started coming it was a little weird/ hectic but the main beat is dope

did you do the panning? or is it like that in the sample? it'd probably sound better if it wasnt panned all over the place.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:11 PM   #257
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
thats dope. when the guitar sounds started coming it was a little weird/ hectic but the main beat is dope

did you do the panning? or is it like that in the sample? it'd probably sound better if it wasnt panned all over the place.
idk what panning is? i just added some drums to it so its prolly the sample n yea the intro sounds weird
Old 01-11-2015, 09:14 PM   #258
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

i actually like the intro, i was referring to when the other sounds come in

panning is where you move the sound from the right speaker to left speaker and vice versa.

the sample has a guitar in the left speaker, and the other synthy type sound in the right, with the bass centered. i dunno its just a little weird.

i just re-downloaded FL i'll take a screen shot to show you how you can center the sounds
Old 01-11-2015, 09:36 PM   #259
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

now this is the easiest way to control how "stereo" a sample is. music can be "mono" or "stereo". stereo being different sounds coming out of 2 different speakers basically. "mono" being there is no difference at all. same exact out of both channels because its only one channel basically.

with this sample, you are going to want it closer to mono, than stereo, because whoever made the sample, panned it all crazy to the left and right. the bass is centered because bass always is. you want it evenly coming out of both speakers. but other sounds you can mess with as far as panning goes.

ok. so to make that sample more mono like, you open the sample to this screen

in the top right where it says fx, change the number to "1"

that sends it to the first "insert" channel in the mixer. now open the mixer.

when the sample is playing, you will see now that the first mixer track as well as the master track should have the levels jumping. the master track is all the sounds that play, while each insert only shows what sounds you sent to that channel. each insert can have sounds assigned the same way. just do 1-2-3 and so on, in that one box in the top right. like my first picture. anyways, those things to the side that i circled in the second image, is where you can put effects on each channel

make sure you click the insert/mixer channel you want to put the effects on, and then click the little arrow in the 1st effects box and find, "fruity stereo enhancer"

now it should look like that^

now in the plugin that pops up, the knob i have circled is what you use to mess with it. moving the knob towards the plus sign accentuates the "stereo" aspect of the sound its processing. meaning it will make the panning more dramatic, while pushing it to the negative side, will make it more mono, if you move it all the way to the negative side it will be completely mono.

as you can see the mixer track 1 is highlighted, i circled that, that goes into the effect, in the effects track 1, which has the stereo enhancer plugin loaded, which applies the effect

this is how all effects work in FL studio. if you want an effect put on your entire song, put it on the MASTER channel. if you just want to put some reverb on a snare, make sure you send the snare to a mixer channel, and just put the effect on that channel

and so on and so on

Tags
become one w/ buttplug, lower tier scissorfags, meth induced tutorial, stole swamp things walkman, the zen of sodomy and cake