Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 1 Archive

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future
Default End Of Season Awards!!

First off, sorry if I'm over stepping boundaries here Keith but fuck it

Not sure of possible awards but Here's some off the top

AOWL Undisputed Champion (given to the winner of the end of season tournament between the Titanium conference champion & the Platinum conference champion)

AOWL MVW (given to the leagues Most Valuable Writer)

AOWL MIW (given to the leagues Most Improved Writer)

AOWL BOTY (given to the leagues chosen Battle of the Year)

AOWL VOTY(given to the leagues chosen Verse of the Year)

AOWL Titanium Conference Champion (given to the winner of the Titanium Conference tournament bracket winner)

AOWL Platinum Conference Champion (given to the winner of the Platinum Conference tournament bracket winner)

AOWL Regular Season Champion (given to the regular season's number one ranked writer)

AOWL Voters Recognition Award (given to those who dedicate the time to vote in battles)

Theres the official awards I pulled out of the mag from a few weeks ago.

Congratulations @pohfig

Aowl First ever end of season Champion.

Great year brother.

so...as far as voting goes

I guess we can complie a list each and see which have the most common ones. Or get a few nominees from yall and then vote on it? Keith will decide in the end? IDK but have at it

TUPAC SHAKUR

Last edited by Adonis; 06-01-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

@trap

Pointless as there are only 4 total threads...still sticky??

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 06-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

AOWL Undisputed Champion (given to the winner of the end of season tournament between the Titanium conference champion & the Platinum conference champion)

AOWL MVW-zygote

AOWL MIW-will edit in later

AOWL BOTY every battle I was in......but really I'd say Bent vs. zygote

AOWL VOTY will edit in later

AOWL Titanium Conference Champion (given to the winner of the Titanium Conference tournament bracket winner)

AOWL Platinum Conference Champion (given to the winner of the Platinum Conference tournament bracket winner)

AOWL Regular Season Champion (given to the regular season's number one ranked writer)

AOWL Voters Recognition Award IamBent. That man votes fuhreal.

Last edited by Zen; 06-01-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #4
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

A few Nominees for battles and Verses of the year

(BOTY) Pohfig vs. DeadMan

(BOTY) Ink vs Objective

Verse of the Year INK- Bittersweet

(VOTY) IamBenT - Concerning A Merchant To Whom A Harlot Sold The Arm Of St. John The Baptist...

(VOTY) Vulgar - Cruelty is no Alien Concept

(BOTY) Adonis vs Nigma

(VOTY) Adonis - Spawn

Word I added my favorite verse to this. Conceptually my favorite, but I feel my best verse was the verse where I was GOD speaking

(BOTY) Ink vs. Vulgar

(VOTY) Vulgar - The Tree of Life Needs no Penthouse

Concept of the Year Zygote - Supercomputer Paperclip Factory

(BOTY) Red Glare vs Pohfig

Concept of the Year Red Glare - Cape Fear

(BOTY) Zygote vs IAmBenT

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 06-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

My Votes are as follows

Verse Of the Year = @IamBenT - Innumerable Caravan

^^^ Link Here

Concept Of The Year = @Red glare - cape Fear

Battle Of The Year = @Ink vs. @Objective

Voter Of The Year = @IamBenT

Most Improved = @Innovator

Most valuable Writer = @zygote

**Links to Verses/battles I voted for will be in above post**

TUPAC SHAKUR

Last edited by Adonis; 06-02-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Will edit in my votes soon.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #7
IamBenT
SuPreaM Lyricyst

Battle Record: 9-6

IamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant future

Fantastic. Lets start this month of with alot of energy, a brand new avy (Kanye baby, June is a big month for rappers' bdays, you shall see), hard work, and some harder verses.

First to the Awards!!

AOWL Most Valuable Writer has to be Frank. He dominated this league for a WHILE, dropping quality verses, facing all comers, and basically being a one man wrecking crew until he decided to take some time off. When Frank is in form, the league is better for it, as his amazing skills and abrasive personality (along with the plethora of talent, great activity, and solid Mod work) are all the key components to the success of this league. Put it all in a pot, stir it together, and you have the AOWL, which wouldn't have happened without the greatness of Frank and that big ass bullseye he wore on his back, week after week of being the CHAMP. Who didn't want a piece of this guy in the ring, either just for the props or on a personal level? Some may say he fell off, I think he's still great and one of the main reasons why this league got its huge start.

AOWL Most Improved Writer has gotta be ZenLand. I feel that when I first read some of his verses, there was definitely places he could get better. I could sense there was real talent, and ear for flow, strong vocab and a good storytelling mind, but it didn't seem to gel for me like it could. Week by week this dude has just gotten better and better, gives some of the best feed, and is now a fearsome dude heading into the playoffs. Real talk.

AOWL Battle of the Year is so tough, we have had some classic matches, we should have like a top 3 lol

If I had to pick one, I would say RedGLare vs Pohfig, Round 1. Awesome, epic, smart pieces and you could tell the stakes were high as each competitor brought strong lyrics. Do yourself the favor and go back and read this gem.

AOWL Verse of the Year to me is probably Vulgar's "The Treehouse of Life". A little bit of something for everyone here. I think this verse is appealing to most all heads in the league, because he has the vocab, the deep concepts that are strikingly original, there's elements of poetry throughout, the flow is fantastic, and you can really follow him along with his story.

I would give Voter Recognition Awards to both Split and Adonis. Erudite, intelligent, critical, thoughtful, and whip smart, these dudes really take the art of the explained vote to a new level, I learned alot just reading what these guys would say not just in my battles but around the league as to what it takes to ramp up my writing and my feedback skills. They may not have put up the voting numbers of someone like myself or Zen, but their feedback is almost always quality and coming from a unique perspective.

So many great battles and verses this year, I hope that Adonis' "God" gets some love, because it was just so well written, Alot of great verses that ended up losing, which is the nature of things, such as Mike Wrecka's champ verse on Love, who can forget Red Glare's monumental verse on President Truman lol CK had some great great pieces too, and Topical Dood first few verse in this league were just unfuckwitable, truly.

Let's get these playoffs poppin!!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #8
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

Battler of the Year- Zygote , just consistently ill. and had a good champ run.

Verse of the Year - Veritas verse against Rawn. I voted against it and instantly had voters remorse. that verse has stuck with me and has gotten better with age like a fine wine.

Voter of the year - Iambent , a smart voter who give real in depth breakdowns

Battle of the Year - Genocide vs Pohfig picture topic. both verses were weapons of mass destruction. great classic battle.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #9
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

verse of the year- Frank's Michael Jackson piece

BOTY- dead man vs. CDM

most improved writer: Red Glarw

most valuable writer: IAmBenT

best voter: objective

Last edited by Split; 06-04-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #10
ZeeDee
Warriors All The Way Baby

Battle Record: 6-4

Champed
Art of Writing League

ZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant future

you gay ass mod bitches still not gonna give me my title... yea.. this is rm.... just as many dic riding fags and hater ass cheaters....

and you reward yourself for being fags... classic.... bye bitches...
Your fate awaits...
Prepare for your journey through this world explorer

Old 06-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #11
ZeeDee
Warriors All The Way Baby

Battle Record: 6-4

Champed
Art of Writing League

ZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant future

sig check
Your fate awaits...
Prepare for your journey through this world explorer

Old 06-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #12
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Yessir

I still have no clue what you're asking dude

I'm pretty sure it's been explained that all records and titles in the accomplishment section is done by supermods...Which I am not, Split nor Keith nor trap is

So you essentially yelling at a yall bro, but have fun with that one

Also this is something completely separate...But I hold the thought that you need a title defense before you are crowned. I hear this all the time in UFC and completely agree.

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 06-11-2013, 01:29 AM   #13
Nigma
The COAT...

Battle Record: 28-20

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x3)

Nigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant future

Lol @ ZeeDees materialistic nature and apparent low self confidence. Some slap a preemptive 'Whiny Bitch of the Month, June' award on this childs accomplishment list while they're at it
Old 06-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #14
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
Lol @ ZeeDees materialistic nature and apparent low self confidence. Some slap a preemptive 'Whiny Bitch of the Month, June' award on this childs accomplishment list while they're at it
I 2nd that motion

All in favor say "I"

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 06-13-2013, 12:59 AM   #15
Split

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Did ZeeDee even champ the league? What week? Pls respond. I can give accomps I believe.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #16
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

AOWL MVW (given to the leagues Most Valuable Writer) Veritas

AOWL MIW (given to the leagues Most Improved Writer) Zenland

AOWL BOTY (given to the leagues chosen Battle of the Year) No Good Vs Just Write

AOWL VOTY(given to the leagues chosen Verse of the Year) Dead man - city of god

AOWL Voters Recognition Award (given to those who dedicate the time to vote in battles)[/b] Split

Congratulations @pent up

Aowl First ever 2x Recycler .
Old 06-13-2013, 01:04 AM   #17
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

Zeedee champed the league then lost an never got his name on the billboard forum description as champion.

Take zygotes name off of champion - put TBD
Old 06-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #18
Split

He still deserves the champed on his accomps
@Seth Scheinberg

Can u give ZeeDee a champed accomp for the AOWL, and make our forum banner say "Season 1 Final Champion: TBA"
Old 06-13-2013, 01:12 AM   #19
Meth

I got this

who needs what

Zeedee needs NWL champed and change forum to Season 1 champ TBD

got it

Old 06-13-2013, 01:17 AM   #20
Meth

done

Closed Thread