Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 10-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #21
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

^ says someone who has never been in a heel lock or knee bar
Old 10-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #22
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

says someone who "trains"

you don't fight

you are TRAINED to stop when someone taps, because you are REGULAR PEOPLE pretending to be fighters

these are FIGHTERS. they train those moves to USE THEM IN THESE SCENARIOS

what happens when he taps and lets go and the ref dont see it

wasnt there a tap in the silva/sonnen fight the ref didnt see, and they even showed it on the replay?

the fight aint over till the ref stops it

if you dont want your leg torn to pieces maybe don't accept a fight with an assassin of ligaments?

or maybe train everyday to not get those ligaments assassinated?

and hey even if it don't works and he gets it

ALL YOU CAN DO IS TAP, AND WAIT FOR THE REF TO STOP IT
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #23
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

your brain is hysterical
Old 10-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #24
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

word
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #25
Fart
You Next

Battle Record: 1-2

Fart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant future

Both subs he held on for too long. Disrespectful. You're gonna severely injure the guys leg and put him out of a job he needs to feed his family with, for probably the better part of a year, because...?
The ref was there quick enough in both fights and he still didn't let go. Period. I agree with the ban.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #26
Anjahl

Anjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond View Post
Last I checked, Shields is a welterweight, not a middleweight. Someone's MMA knowledge is not up to par. Either way, Shields has beaten Hendo at MW who has one punch KO power, so I doubt he'd get raped. More than likely would be a boring fight where Shields spams takedowns/clinch and grinds it out.
I know where Jacare fights. I also know hes almost exactly the same size as Maia. Shields is never fighting for the title and there aren't many great fights for Jacare at mw until the title clusterfuck is cleared up. A lot of fights Id like to see him in...but Id rather seem him face stomp shields.

I also know that Shields was the strikeforce MIDDLEWEIGHT champ before jumping ship. So yeah your right....someones mma knowledge isnt up to par.

Last edited by Anjahl; 10-11-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Anjahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #27
Anjahl

Anjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant future

You know, re-watching that Palhares fight, from a BJJ stand point he could of let it go a lot a sooner, and he's kind of a dick; but from a competitive MMA stand point, I kinda agree with Uh-Oh on this. n It doesn't look like he's trying to add torque to it. He's a little late after the tap, but he's almost immediate at the stoppage.

Still...heel hooks aren't taught until brown belt for a reason. Discretion should be used.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #28
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

ignoring uh oh's barbarian logic (which i mostly agree with. mostly) for a second

any of ya'll actually watched Palhares' storied career?

this is the dude who got stomped out because he looked at and signalled to the ref someone was greasing (Marquardt) when he escaped a leg hold.

same dude who dropped a fighter with a headkick iirc, followed up with a couple punches then ran onto and climbed the cage and did some hysterical/euphoric fucking neanderlithic screams only for the ref to pull him back down, continue the fight (it was never stopped), and for him to in turn get dropped. he pulled out a dec. W, don't worry guys... think this was against Miller.

motherfucker was raised on an impoverished farm and has little to no english skills. i'm of the mind dude don't actually understand - entirely - referee instructions when told to let go of shit

no?

prolly not.

just a thought.

long live Paul Harris, next Bellator champ.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #29
Beyond
Fresh to Death

Battle Record: 12-5

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- BTC Swagger & Flow
- Fall Brawl I
- Fight Night LI
- Fight Night LII
- Fight Night LIII
- Fight Night XXXVI
- Fight Night XXIX
- Fight Night XIX
- Fight Night VIII
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Tag Team
- Battle Arena
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)

Beyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjahl View Post
I know where Jacare fights. I also know hes almost exactly the same size as Maia. Shields is never fighting for the title and there aren't many great fights for Jacare at mw until the title clusterfuck is cleared up. A lot of fights Id like to see him in...but Id rather seem him face stomp shields.

I also know that Shields was the strikeforce MIDDLEWEIGHT champ before jumping ship. So yeah your right....someones mma knowledge isnt up to par.
Maia is not anywhere near the same size as Jacare. Just because Maia fought at MW and was undersized doesn't mean they are the same size. Maia wasn't shredded at MW. He easily makes WW because he was a small MW. Jacare on the other hand is completely shredded at MW and could never make WW unless losing significant muscle mass.

Shields can easily fight for the title again after just defeating the #4 ranked WW in Maia. Maybe 1-2 more wins would earn him a title shot depending on how the title picture plays out. GSP also said he wants to retire soon, so belt will be up for grabs.

You're pretty unsmart, buddy. I already mentioned Shields beat Hendo at MW, WHICH WAS FOR THE STRIKEFORCE MW TITLE. Good job knowing your MMA. He did that as a one-off. His natural weight class is WW. He would get beat by most MW as he's not nearly big enough to do well against guys like Weidman and Vitor.

After rewatching the clip, I disagree with the ban. He didn't hold on to the lock for that long after the ref stopped it. Maybe a second max. Pierce's leg is fine as well. I agree with uh-oh about not letting go until the ref pulls you off. Seen plenty of fights where ref doesn't see the tap, the guy lets the lock go and then gets KTFO by the guy who tapped.
Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #30
Anjahl

Not anywhere near the size of the maia? Dude...maia and jacare have been rivals since their bjj careers. If ANYTHING Jacare is smaller. Nice reach there...but ive actually seminared and been on the mats with both.

Dude...Shields will never fight for the title again regardless of who holds it.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #31
Beyond
Fresh to Death

Battle Record: 12-5

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- BTC Swagger & Flow
- Fall Brawl I
- Fight Night LI
- Fight Night LII
- Fight Night LIII
- Fight Night XXXVI
- Fight Night XXIX
- Fight Night XIX
- Fight Night VIII
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Tag Team
- Battle Arena
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)

Beyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjahl View Post
Not anywhere near the size of the maia? Dude...maia and jacare have been rivals since their bjj careers. If ANYTHING Jacare is smaller. Nice reach there...but ive actually seminared and been on the mats with both.

Dude...Shields will never fight for the title again regardless of who holds it.
You're dumb. Height =/= size. Jacare is shredded at MW. Maia is soft at MW. Maia can make WW. Jacare cannot. Therefore, Jacare is bigger.

What are you typing about? Shields was on a a 15-0 streak going into his fight with GSP with wins over Condit, Lawler, Kampmann, Daley, Hendo, etc. He's currently on a 3-0 streak right now with just beating the #4 guy in the division. Of course he can fight for the title again. Stop trolling.
Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #32
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

ITT:

READING WIKIS MEANS YOU KNOW THE FIGHT GAME

diode plz post on sherdog.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #33
Anjahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond View Post
You're dumb. Height =/= size. Jacare is shredded at MW. Maia is soft at MW. Maia can make WW. Jacare cannot. Therefore, Jacare is bigger.

What are you typing about? Shields was on a a 15-0 streak going into his fight with GSP with wins over Condit, Lawler, Kampmann, Daley, Hendo, etc. He's currently on a 3-0 streak right now with just beating the #4 guy in the division. Of course he can fight for the title again. Stop trolling.
Dude, it's just body type. Jacare's frame is smaller than Maia's. He's just smaller. The only reason why they're at the same general weight is BECAUSE Jacare is shredded. Not in spite of it. Just straight out, you don't know what you're talking about. I've stood NEXT to these dudes...I've been there 5 feet away well they are on the mat. Maia is damn near Anderson SIlva's size. Dude is huge.
And it doesn't even matter because the difference ain't that big. Theyve been 10 lbs away from eachother their entire careers.

As far as a 1 off against Hendo...He DEFENDED THE MW title against Henderson son. He won it from Miller; before that he's fought Lawler. So nice google job, but you frankly don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Shields has a more reputable history at MW then he ever will at welterweight. He fought Condit and Okami at Rumble on the Rock which is a Hawaii fight league...I was THERE when he fought Okami; it was at MIDDLEWEIGHT. So was his fight with Condit. Wins then mean nothing now...Condit now would crush Shields.

And it doesn't matter who he beat, because they will never allow him to fight for the title again anymore then they allowed Fitch. Like it or not, Shields is 1 loss away from a cut and 98198419846954354 wins away from even smelling the title.

Last edited by Anjahl; 10-11-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #34
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Good for him. Now he can heel hook the shit out of people in lower level organizations.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diode thinks he can fight, lol