White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno
Default (God Of War ft. Geno) An Artist Zone.

@God Of War..
pagan lies in each steeple of a vagrants mind-weak people
looked at the ancient times through satans eyes-i see evil
tho i seem feeble, i'm hardened stone, sit upon discarded thrones
where art is shown, in the form of tags or garden gnomes
in an artists zone, i can hear the brushes heart get broke
my dark is hope sparked with nopes every time i start-then choke
cough up retarded jokes and clown the useless stuck in our shells
diss the sheep, until we realize were only making fun of ourselves
conscience tuggin our belts, in love with help, no independence
so inconsistent, there'll be no ups n downs if i end tha sentence
or will it extend tha penance, of a hazardous thought
while we fight for the days to be repaid, that lazarus lost
no matter its cost, it pays to be real spend days in the field
trying to explain, that if u really want it to change then it will

Geno..
Been meditating privately, silently
These lambs know not to speek when I'm climbing chi
Climates peak, at mount zion steep, cerebral off'a this forum
Unique's the core, an artist meets the growth of conquistadors
Conquering eastern shores, I bring down waves of panic
My underground slaves have vanished, in caves dekayed nd famished
Blood drips down when I paint the canvas, its a dirtier style
You ain't heard in a while, just have to turn my own personal dials
Versatile, wild, or maybe just cool calm collected nd deep
Over exceptional beats, im in the studio nd ain't fuckin slept in a week
My resume's heavenly priest, or reverse that to collectively beast
I just aim ideas, until every asshole gets the message I speak
Or the sentence they read, deadliest fiend, never been a prejuidice cat
Don't matter what color you are, ull get popped like my medicine caps

Last edited by Geno; 07-31-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

ya this was sick.

gow surprised me with what read like an audio type of verse. that's not to say that it wasn't lyrical, cause it was , it just flowed so well that it would sound really dope laid down on a track

in an artists zone, i can hear the brushes heart get broke
my dark is hope sparked with nopes every time i start-then choke

really liked this section. especially the diss the sheep line. good stuff.

geno dope verse. swaggy and flowish which is when your at your best tbh. the haven't slept in a week line was awesome. the structure was impeccable.

two styles meshed well together. good drop good read.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #3
Rawn M.D.

word im inclined to agree with mike.

Gow - solid verse, flowed real smooth, some parts felt a tad bit forced due to multi's but did not detract from the the pz in full. I did enjoy it. Content was on point throughout as well.

"cough up retarded jokes and clown the useless stuck in our shells
so inconsistent, there'll be no ups n downs if i end tha sentence" - felt that was dope

geno - u approached this a little differently, more brag'ish but dope non-the-less. Flow was fluent to me, and content was on point with some nice swag to it as well.

"Versatile, wild, or maybe just cool calm collected nd deep
Over exceptional beats, im in the studio nd ain't fuckin slept in a week
My resume's heavenly priest, or reverse that to collectively beast
I just aim ideas, until every asshole gets the message I speak" - dope as well, esp the priest/beast line

overall i felt that gow's was wrote from a more artistic standpoint, like a painter or something, while geno was more a recording artist...maybe swag did it, but wordchoice and tone indicated that to me. Each one complimented the other though, and since both are 'art' both came solid on the topic. This was a dope collab that I did enjoy.

Props.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #4
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

This seems like the type of collaboration — and we've all been there — where you came up with a vague topic, "artist zone," but didn't confirm much in your approaches.

God Of War seemed determined to metaphorically create the tortured artist image. It's played out, and the verse struggled to avoid cliché. There were a few really nice lines, particularly the four that Mike Wrecka quoted. And the flow was smooth. But some of the phrasing was convoluted, either to force a rhyme or because the lines and phrases weren't all fitting together.

Genocide was more focused, at least by the fifth or sixth line. The boasting made sense in this context, and the flow was really strong. I think what worked for Genocide better was he was focused on what he knows and what he can nail down. "I just aim ideas, until every asshole gets the message I speak," is a pretty great line with at least a grain of truth behind it.

Also, both of you could use cleaner spelling and grammar. But who couldn't?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:25 PM   #5
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future

i think the vagueness came into play due to my lack of exactly following out the concept that gow layed down.. i just kinda vibed off of what i felt from reading his shit and it just turned into what it turned into.. so vague would be a fair description, but lay the blame on me. thanks for the feed so far. 1up
Old 08-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
Spoken
...DA GAWD...

Battle Record: 13-34

Spoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Spoken

I don't see the effort in sayin better grammar really... I mean we know what the word was or is or what he was trying to say in a sense ya know... We ain't in a mid term process or writing a essay for brownie points ya know... Anyways this shit was fuckin dope... Really GoW surprise the shit out of me... Not cause the style or fluidness but the fact that the nigga still got it!!!! Ya'll ramble about nika and bags and shit like they text junkies but can also write god into signing his death note on a topical.. Open to country aka GoW cause dude has that swag just glad to see he still got it. Tentative with the diction you head into a path where your setting such an image and correct geno stands cause once it flows to Geno it totally like go hella abstractive... Still delible and enticing just seemed a little unconscious towards what the previous writer had already set in stone but I ain't taking anything away both came dope and mend well especially the styles... I liked this collab till the end for sure tho... Props fellas

Spoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

u can not c me
Old 08-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #8
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

up
God Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #9
Pakistani Hand Cannon

Pakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant future

daamn, C come in on some other shiiit
Quote:
pagan lies in each steeple of a vagrants mind-weak people
looked at the ancient times through satans eyes-i see evil
tho i seem feeble, i'm hardened stone, sit upon discarded thrones
where art is shown, in the form of tags or garden gnomes
^ aint peeped nothing you've wrote for a minute now, ^ & that aint usual to how i see you do - but tha shit coming off nice yo on some lyrical shit lmfao...cept tha garden gnomes, iunno how thats relevant, i mean maybe i missed something, buh in tha case i didnt - i feel that shit doesnt need to be there, & kinda fucked up tha mood/imagery i was getting up until that point.
flow wise - i dislike even mentioning this shit when its a written verse (prolly cause niggas tend to see multiz & think the flows nuts) buh your shits always come off butter to me, so thats that...
Quote:
so inconsistent, there'll be no ups n downs if i end tha sentence
& them four lines are just...tough, the meaning behind the first two in particular...man i liked that shit.

G.know you know what it is with me, to me tha highest respect you can give a nigga is tha truth...& i didnt like your shit at all, i wont used to word forced cause of all the connotations attached to it, but i will use the word contrivance...& i mean it with a difference
Quote:
Been meditating privately, silently
These lambs know not to speek when I'm climbing chi
^ just seems uninspired, like from the get go i just get the vibe you just drilling out another verse on auto-pilot. ^ i mean just the wording alone, i read the shit out loud, just doesnt seem pure/authentic wdeva you wanna call it. - eh, that's just the vibe i get off it atleast. plus i think i really dont like tha climbing chi, just not a word i think fits alongside with chi. wdeva though, niggaz breaking down two lines like that all you wrote lol
being real though, what ive said about them two lines can carry over to my overall feel of your verse to be honest...
Quote:
Blood drips down when I paint the canvas, its a dirtier style
You ain't heard in a while, just have to turn my own personal dials
Versatile, wild, or maybe just cool calm collected nd deep
^ minus that, which just emits that rawness which i cant help but fuck with,
but again after that, that aint slept in a week shit, threw in deadliest fiend like iunno why...i mean really i dont even feel like i need to elaborate cause i got the feeling you know the deal. iunno, as always could be tha mood im in, your verse just comes off like you didnt wanna write it, & in a similar vein i aint wanna read it...i wasnt mad at the closer though just on some throw away shit.

on the whole, yeah C you got off, & G.know you didnt. ive already stated what the fux i think. I aint mad for a second at the two different approaches, the whole artist shit is relative to the self, so it aint about having two niggas tryna rock with the same steez, i actually think the two do...& would compliment each other if done correct.

wdeva wdeva, no disrespect intended, but take it howeva you feel it was meant

#1 stay up both you niggaz
Pakistani Hand Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #10
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Werd. On point as usual. That auto pilot shit kind of hit me like damn, I do that shit a lot. Like I wanted to come out and match ggows shit, but felt like I just needed to get it done and just started rhyming like shit. Kinda of the reason why I strayed off topic as well. Thanks esco
Old 08-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #11
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged View Post
daamn, C come in on some other shiiit

^ aint peeped nothing you've wrote for a minute now, ^ & that aint usual to how i see you do - but tha shit coming off nice yo on some lyrical shit lmfao...cept tha garden gnomes, iunno how thats relevant, i mean maybe i missed something, buh in tha case i didnt - i feel that shit doesnt need to be there, & kinda fucked up tha mood/imagery i was getting up until that point.
flow wise - i dislike even mentioning this shit when its a written verse (prolly cause niggas tend to see multiz & think the flows nuts) buh your shits always come off butter to me, so thats that...

& them four lines are just...tough, the meaning behind the first two in particular...man i liked that shit.

G.know you know what it is with me, to me tha highest respect you can give a nigga is tha truth...& i didnt like your shit at all, i wont used to word forced cause of all the connotations attached to it, but i will use the word contrivance...& i mean it with a difference

^ just seems uninspired, like from the get go i just get the vibe you just drilling out another verse on auto-pilot. ^ i mean just the wording alone, i read the shit out loud, just doesnt seem pure/authentic wdeva you wanna call it. - eh, that's just the vibe i get off it atleast. plus i think i really dont like tha climbing chi, just not a word i think fits alongside with chi. wdeva though, niggaz breaking down two lines like that all you wrote lol
being real though, what ive said about them two lines can carry over to my overall feel of your verse to be honest...

^ minus that, which just emits that rawness which i cant help but fuck with,
but again after that, that aint slept in a week shit, threw in deadliest fiend like iunno why...i mean really i dont even feel like i need to elaborate cause i got the feeling you know the deal. iunno, as always could be tha mood im in, your verse just comes off like you didnt wanna write it, & in a similar vein i aint wanna read it...i wasnt mad at the closer though just on some throw away shit.

on the whole, yeah C you got off, & G.know you didnt. ive already stated what the fux i think. I aint mad for a second at the two different approaches, the whole artist shit is relative to the self, so it aint about having two niggas tryna rock with the same steez, i actually think the two do...& would compliment each other if done correct.

wdeva wdeva, no disrespect intended, but take it howeva you feel it was meant

#1 stay up both you niggaz

yo where you been bro I aint even know yuo was still fucking with the forums. How you doing

thanx for the feed my dude and just to answer ur question the garden gnomes was a reference to the area/neighbor hood....art around here is shown thru that type of shit like lawn ornaments and not paintings and etc

but yo dope feed my g we should collabo
God Of War is offline   Reply With Quote