User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 08:50 PM   #1
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future
Default Summer Classic Round 2 Mag

SUMMER CLASSIC

ROUND 2

INTRO
Yo it's bleak i'm going solo round 2. Sharp has to deal with yall so I figured it's only fair.

BATTLE REVIEWS

INCREDIBLE VS SN00P
Man I really like how Incredible doesn't stick to a usual script when he writes. I just feel like... He writes as if he is a British KOTD battle rapper writing a live battle verse against someone he doesn't know. Go read it in that voice, you know the voice. That's not necessarily a bad thing but sometimes it doesn't translate to text. This verse could have beaten low to mid tier battlers probably.
Sn00p doesn't seem like he's changed much tbh. Maybe a bit of rust affected wording but it was enough here. Mo' ease was vastly underappreciated, maybe another more obvious connection would have helped. His personals weren't exactly refined or well thought out but if we're being honest the only personals on Incredible were driven deep into the ground within a month of their reveal. Sn00p picks up the W here and moves on.

BATTLE OF THE WEEK: UNIVERSE VS SWERVE
While maybe not being the most technically sound battle that's ever been posted on green pages, this was still fun to read. Universe brings a different style that is very easy to digest. Unfortunately he doesn't quite form concepts that hit hard enough to be successful around here. I'm not in his notepad but I think a more structured approach to writing battle verses may be the disconnect. If he starts with a strong concept and marries it to his solid wording, his jabs will become real punches.
Swerve came w more of a traditional style verse, but like his opponent, lacked the other half of the formula. However, in Swerve's case, it came down to the wording. He lacked the concise combination of words that makes a reader follow along. His concepts were all solid. He had a couple wordplays which we all love, maybe leaned on name flips a bit too much. He whipped out 16 in a short amount of time. Now he has a full week to write, as he picked up the win in a battle that was probably closer than the votes say.

METASIN VS CEREAL
I think Cereal is just way too cool to ever be good at attack poems.
Metasin is another return that showed they can still form a punch. It also seemed like he phoned this one in expecting an easy win. Amending worked just fine, showing he can also produce fresh flips. The 3 line punches are fun and i wanna try them all the time but always feel like I'll get roasted in the votes. I guess you just gotta be good at them?

DEFIANT VS MAC
(FORFEIT/NS) Yo Def has gotten a lot better.

BOMB BARD VS SINACOG
Yo Spree wrote a real verse and Godkin Sin still got a vote smh

Wtf @Cred?

THROWBACK BATTLE
KNUCKLEHEAD VS MURDA SHO
SUMMER CLASSIC '18 FINALS

KNUCKLEHEAD:

Remember when we you agreed to have a gunbar battle & then dropped half personals after I dropped by the guidelines?

Won last time cus ya shady, & now how u gettin killed is just dumb son
Go head & pull the skeletons out my closet, ya just making room to become one
This queers smacked. It's game time! vs. Sho? I'll never fear that
These two cans to ya head leave ya drinkin' out've straws like a beer hat
Had to cut the dreads off for time, but it was quick - neva weight or a homi
Next time someone catch a sentence when ya wig pushed back, I caught a body
Bout slaughter I'm passionate, gon get bloody when ya ass get kicked
U ain't just gettin' smoked, I'm finna bash ya fuckin' head in til I can ash in it
U won't be remembered. No tears when 44 44s hit what ya ride in
You ain't ever get Cred, you just got ur whole style stolen & elevated by him
Cupids aim, this AR got me feelin' the love when the lead blow
One ring'll put ya on ya knees & then ruin ya life like she said no
Rip ya heart out mid dinner, carve ya chest til ya dead on site
Have him at the table with some free space in the middle like bingo night
Ya girl is all over the place,cot damn that whore is drama
Have her jumpin' on every single piece of furniture like the floor is lava
Snitch ass faggot, I don't need to sing so don't test me
When I pull the plug it's death, when u pull the plug ya got out early for the SC
Price on ya head - step in my city & a shadow on ya, so come 'round
Leave a body on the ground with these long arms like it's sunrise or sundown

MURDA SHO:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
Aye Friday snuck up on me cool to drop tomorrow night?

Look punk...

Y’all hyped the shit so if we fight for this I want that check Spree
After I sneak up on him like Friday did and knock him into next week
Y’all got this fag amped for the champ match like he that bad at this
If I’m where Knuckle is I’ll have no choice but to back-hand this bitch
This geek’s souls getting murked, the shots just go off and lift it
Watch as ‘he rose from the earth’ like Yamcha Gohan and Krillin
Your queen’s a monster so when this beam hit y’all shirts...
Shots’ll enter that plate in ur chest while she licks the one clean that’s on hers
I’m mean in all verses which is why I get dinero when I spit
Watch me Dominate you so much it’ll make Zelph & Aero say I bit
Your wife’s a pug so we don’t ask what you like to fuck or ur type of slut
We’d rather our eyes get dug so we just leave knuckles out like biker gloves
I’m shootin at skeletons with the goriest guns come talk bold
I’ll have his Bone’s hit more than Notorious Thugs and Crossroads
Rock him in a round like a cave man & after I whoop him it’s simple
Start draggin Knuckle on the ground like the Neanderthal his woman resembles
He’s seeing red from my schemes of his white Queen and her slight problem
So i’ll hold the 19 over his face like visine before I drop him
Then lock your fat ass in a car in your garage while it’s on bitch
Since you went on a run through this tourney now you’ll die of exhaustion

Zip Him Up!!

NO SHOW (UHOH) SHINE

MAC? AINT YOU VENEZUELAN OR PERUVIAN?
FUCKING HUMAN MOUNTAIN GOAT ASS NIGGA IMA DO HIM IN
-yo got his ass w the fire opener plus his team lost in soccer i think
I WAS RAISED BY WOLVES IN A CITY FULL OF HOOLIGANS,
YOU WERE RAISED BY COYOTES WHO TRAFFICKED HUMANS TRYNA MOVE EM IN
-YO my man is definitely hispanic get oN HIS ASSSSSS
MY MEDULA IS OBLONG. EACH WORD FROM DA GOD GETS YA BOMBED ON
YOU ARE GEN TINA. LIKE YOUR GENDER IS TINA CUZ YOUR A TRANNY.
-wordplay on point this is lotb
I DO WORDPLAY TOO I COULD BE DIP MY DICK INTO THIS BIRDS GREAT POOP-
CHUTE, OR SHOOT BUT INSTEAD I GOTTA MURK GAY DUDES WHOS JOB IS TO CODE SHIT IN MICROSOFT WORD, EH? WHOO
-what a fuckin nerd u so right plus the wording here was flawless
IF ITS STRETCHED LIKE YA MOMS BOX I DONT CARE IM DA GOD OCK
I CANT WRITE PUNCHES BUT IM NOT WATCHING THIS TV SHOW WITH THE BROAD, STOP
-i bet his mama watch fuck grey's anatomy bro i aint watching that shit either. dope attack line
IM SAVING DA CULTURE. BITCH COOKED CHICKEN TIKI MASALA NOT KNOWING SHES GONNA GET RAPED ON THIS SOFA
BRING UP THOSE DAYS WHEN HER OLDER GRAMPS USED TO PLAY WITH HER CHOCHA MAC IS GAY, THIS IS OVA
-end his fuckn bitch ass w the fire personal? stop

honestly idk how Mac advanced with a no show verse? this was verse of the week by far idk why dictator sharp didnt let us vote on a fair battle. - b

CYPHER HIGHLIGHTS

NOTHING YALL ARE FUCKN TRASH

BATTLE PREVIEWS & PREDICTIONS
FINALLY WE GET TO SOME REAL BATTLES -b

USERNAME VS BOMB BARD
Spree aka Bomb Bard knocked off Sinacog to make it here, which is basically the same thing User did last week with his BYE. He actually did write a solid verse in his showing which makes me think he's got plenty in the tank for his opponent. This an interesting matchup in itself but I feel like Spree has been much more active in the scene. User and I have a grand old time in discord but i don't think I've read a recent verse from him. That being said, I haven't read much of anything in the last 2 years so he could have had like 50 battles and I wouldn't fuckin know. Yet I write the mags lol. Anyways I think I'm gonna pick an underdog here.
BOMB BARD 50/50

SIKE USER 100/0 I TOLD YALL IT'S V/USERNAME ROUND HERE

ONE TO WATCH:
BLUE BAYOU VS SN00P

Sn00p showed he's still got it but now he's matched against the face of that ideal. Idk if this battle has happened anywhere else (I'm sure it has) but I'm looking forward to reading 60 lines from both of them. Not much else needs to be said here, Blue has proven himself in 3 different decades now. This could easily be a final four or finals matchup in this very tournament, and instead we get it in round 2. For better or worse, I can speak for all of us saying that we're looking forward to it.
50/50

JOHN HENSLEY VS ALLEN KNIGHT
I asked Sharp to send me AK's verse vs Cred, but he refused, which is ridiculous. I think we maybe expected Cred to no show, but it's still disappointing. Now we get another matchup we can all look forward to in John Hensley. But can I say that hensley is kind of a boring persona? Maybe I'm just not a subscriber but writing about this guy two weeks in a row is such a struggle.
AK 70/30

ORC VS SWERVE
Swerve pulled out a solid victory in round 1 on like zero notice. I hope the extra time can polish out some of the gripes that voters had about his wording. W/o that fix, he faces a tough challenge in Orc. Haven't seen much from Orc lately but this tournament is a fine example of that shit not mattering at all. Hope this can live up to some type of expectation.
ORC 70/30

FRACTURE VS BLEAK
b 100/0

INFILTRATE VS METASIN
Meta slides into round 2, past Cereal, and gets his first test in Inf. Both of these guys are a part of NCs fabric. The fact that in 2021 we see this battle is really kinda weird? Inf has been around since I logged in I think, he's probably featured is some way or another in every mag I've ever written. Gotta pick him here, I don't read battles from 99. Loot showed he's got something in the tank still but Inf has been consistently winning his first battle and then subsequently losing for like 10 years now.
INF 50/50

ZUCH VS MAC
I feel like Zuch is always ready to write max and just kinda body you. Idk if Mac has the gas in the tank for this one. He did somehow make it to round 2 past that fire uhoh/defiant verse by posting 1-10? Idk what I'm missing but v/Defiant tbh. As if Def would show to a round 2 he's never made it to a round 2 in his fucking life.
ZUCH 75/25

DAVE VS WANDERER
Wanderer looks like he is ready for this matchup after posting last week. Dave has been battling here for a while now and just can't breach the glass ceiling. I think this battle gives him a chance to pick up some rhythm but he can't take his opponent lightly. I like this battle to become a style preference split among the voters. Or maybe Dave just 5-0's him
DAVE 55/45

SORRY IT'S A BIT SHORT THIS WEEK, MAYBE AN AUDIO/VIDEO INTERVIEW NEXT WEEK IF THIS GETS SOME INTERACTION. SHOUT OUT TO SHARP FOR KEEPING THIS TRAIN ROLLING.

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter

Last edited by bleak; 07-14-2021 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-14-2021, 09:51 PM   #2
Cereal
killa

Battle Record: 1-6

Cereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant future

lol good looks.. thanks for the mag
Old 07-14-2021, 10:15 PM   #3
UPN Zuch
Spoiled brat

Battle Record: 25-3

Champed
- Now Or Never 2020
- Netcees Pic League
- NPL Season I
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Season XV

UPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant future

Nice mag broski. Appreciate the hard work.
Or pull up to ya doorstep...I’m on ya porch wavin like polite neighbors/
Old 07-15-2021, 12:05 AM   #4
Fracture

Battle Record: 9-2

Fracture has a brilliant futureFracture has a brilliant futureFracture has a brilliant futureFracture has a brilliant futureFracture has a brilliant futureFracture has a brilliant futureFracture has a brilliant futureFracture has a brilliant futureFracture has a brilliant futureFracture has a brilliant futureFracture has a brilliant future

Yep good read

I miss the Jamie predictions
Old 07-15-2021, 01:42 AM   #5
Smod of War
My avatar is a man, urGAY

Battle Record: 2-5

Smod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant future

Thank you for mag

A doll can be naked and never feel shy or sexualized or degraded
Old 07-15-2021, 09:27 AM   #6
BOOM

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Wand mask line vs Zelph was fire
Old 07-15-2021, 11:14 AM   #7
UserName
K I N G

Battle Record: 15-10

UserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant future

Dope job bleak
Old 07-15-2021, 11:33 AM   #8
Mac

Battle Record: 7-12

Mac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant future

niiiiiiiiice.. thank you for the effort
Old 07-15-2021, 01:24 PM   #9
Sn00p
General German

Battle Record: 26-12

Champed
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- Line4Line Cypher Tourney
- Back2Basics
- Fight Night XLVI

Sn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant future

appreciate it
Old 07-18-2021, 02:21 PM   #10
Allen Knight
The Bad Guys.

Battle Record: 106-34

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Key to Greatness I
- BA Cypher Tournament
- Tag Team Tournament I
- Fight Night LXXVI
- Time to Kill V
- Fight Night LXXX
- 1-2 Punch League
- Fight Night Cypher II
- Key Grand Prix IV
- NBL Cypher (7x)
- Throwdown Cypher
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- BA Cypher III
- Fight Night 1
- Tag Team Tournament V

Allen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond repute

Dope mag, props.