White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno
Default training my subconscious and conscious to communicate.

..some may call it psychic or supernatural abilities, to be able to communicate the two levels of consciousness. I think its rather natural and like anything else just needs to be built upon and learned. Practice makes perfect as they say. I think we all have the potential to become "psychic" and see or hear things befor they happen. Maybe just something easier like knowing whos on the other end of the phone before you see whos calling. Or maybe just knowing whos knocking at the door before opening it. Things like this. I believe its possible and with a little self help and training can be learned.

Im going in.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:53 PM   #2
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

I have much to not say about this.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:04 PM   #3
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Basically what you'll be training to do is calculating the odds of something happening. Prophets and religious leaders has been doing this for years and they'll probably be right about certain things once in a blue moon just like Nostradamus' propheties (once you take a look at all the things he got wrong vs. what he got right it ain't that amazing anymore but that isn't to detract from the mental genius that he was) but the reasoning for what he got right (like huge metal birds spitting fire being connected to 9/11) is off in the majority of his claims due to the human brain being hard wired to see patterns where other animals would just look at you like an idiot, and tell you that you are one if they could build coherent sentences through speech. So we can conclude with the fact there's no psychic abilities here, just calculating the probability of a certain thing happening like a distant relative calling you on Christmas eve. The only difference is the probability of said thing happening but no-one can foresee the future with special snowflake abilities.

Either way, once the subconscious reaches the conscious mind it's not in your subconscious anymore. The closest you'll get to your subconscious is your dream world but even that is built upon experiences your conscious mind has seen or been through first and reached your senses, the google dream simulator is a perfect example of this or drugs like DMT if you wish. Your subconscious mind is already communicating with your conscious but you'll never know what's at work so you'll only be chasing an invisible white rabbit leading you to the hole of insanity like a misguided Alice because it has no ground in reality and boils down to you being able to make connections you can't explain by anything else than ''I'm one with my subconscious now!''.

Training yourself to predict the future or who's at your door is nothing more than a significantly weaker version of that dude in the episode of Fringe that could calculate time and space based on what's happening around him because those things couldn't happen if x wasn't there. It's cool to be better at predicting what happens next or playing around with odds, or what a certain person might do next based on the conscious calculations you're making but it's no sorcery.

Feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong or have misunderstood the point of this thread.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 12-27-2015 at 08:07 PM.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:53 PM   #4
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

I love objective
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 09:09 PM   #5
Greed
Raw

Battle Record: 21-40

Greed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant future

Middle verse was flames

V. Obj

Thinking out loud is the subconscious communticating with the conscious. I guess its a thin line between psychic ability and a gut feeling. Reminds me of every episode of psych.
Greed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:00 PM   #6
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
Basically what you'll be training to do is calculating the odds of something happening. Prophets and religious leaders has been doing this for years and they'll probably be right about certain things once in a blue moon just like Nostradamus' propheties (once you take a look at all the things he got wrong vs. what he got right it ain't that amazing anymore but that isn't to detract from the mental genius that he was) but the reasoning for what he got right (like huge metal birds spitting fire being connected to 9/11) is off in the majority of his claims due to the human brain being hard wired to see patterns where other animals would just look at you like an idiot, and tell you that you are one if they could build coherent sentences through speech. So we can conclude with the fact there's no psychic abilities here, just calculating the probability of a certain thing happening like a distant relative calling you on Christmas eve. The only difference is the probability of said thing happening but no-one can foresee the future with special snowflake abilities.

Either way, once the subconscious reaches the conscious mind it's not in your subconscious anymore. The closest you'll get to your subconscious is your dream world but even that is built upon experiences your conscious mind has seen or been through first and reached your senses, the google dream simulator is a perfect example of this or drugs like DMT if you wish. Your subconscious mind is already communicating with your conscious but you'll never know what's at work so you'll only be chasing an invisible white rabbit leading you to the hole of insanity like a misguided Alice because it has no ground in reality and boils down to you being able to make connections you can't explain by anything else than ''I'm one with my subconscious now!''.

Training yourself to predict the future or who's at your door is nothing more than a significantly weaker version of that dude in the episode of Fringe that could calculate time and space based on what's happening around him because those things couldn't happen if x wasn't there. It's cool to be better at predicting what happens next or playing around with odds, or what a certain person might do next based on the conscious calculations you're making but it's no sorcery.

Feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong or have misunderstood the point of this thread.
Repped
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:19 PM   #7
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Thanks for the kind words all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post
Thinking out loud is the subconscious communticating with the conscious.
But is it though? Thinking out loud is your conscious mind, the connections you make isn't as raw and unfiltered as it seems. That's like saying freestyle rappers operate in a subconscious mindstate but what it really is is fast paced connections while your brain is at work and overcoming a barrier that translates your thought process to a medium people can understand. The moment you think or say something it's already reached your conscious mind as you can grasp what's going on. I believe the theory of an subconscious mind is a lot deeper than this.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:24 PM   #8
Greed
Raw

Greed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant future

Then i have no idea what a subconscious is if thats the case.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:29 PM   #9
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Perhaps the closest thing we'll ever get to understanding the subconscious mind is mental health patients that don't know where their issues come from or why they're reacting like they do, because that might be the subconscious at work in real time. Mental health is a puzzle that science try to uncover and it's often linked to DNA and chemical imbalance but they don't know exactly what triggers it yet just that certain medications work on some and others don't. Maybe Genocide will become one with his subconscious after all if he goes through with this.

@Veritas to thread.

@Greed: It might not be the case either, this is just my thoughts but I think they may hold some weight on the issue. Depends on how you choose to define what the subconscious mind really is I guess.

Last edited by Objective; 12-27-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:32 AM   #10
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Your research and mine are similar. Well done obj
Old 12-28-2015, 10:53 AM   #11
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
Perhaps the closest thing we'll ever get to understanding the subconscious mind is mental health patients that don't know where their issues come from or why they're reacting like they do, because that might be the subconscious at work in real time. Mental health is a puzzle that science try to uncover and it's often linked to DNA and chemical imbalance but they don't know exactly what triggers it yet just that certain medications work on some and others don't. Maybe Genocide will become one with his subconscious after all if he goes through with this.

@Veritas to thread.

@Greed: It might not be the case either, this is just my thoughts but I think they may hold some weight on the issue. Depends on how you choose to define what the subconscious mind really is I guess.

This is a complicated issue. Let us make it as simple as possible and take it step by step, yes?

1. What defines us as "us" cognitively?

2. If there is a vast dimension of information to aid in this definition, can we gather it, cipher through it, and utilize it?

3. If we can, is there a process?

answers: More than you know, Yes and yes.

Now these question deal strictly in terms of being, this is the philosophical aspect.

Geno was looking more into the practical applications of it, and quite frankly, the mess he has made with just the little bit of his "self-database" means that giving him more access would likely either make him more foolish or cause an overload/breakdown. Suffice it to say, I am not convinced that this would not be casting pearls before swine.

@Genocide to elab on how I am wrong in this.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:46 PM   #12
Greed
Raw

Im assuming controlling your subconscious would lead to the ability to control such phenomenon as deja vu, which could be seen as being psychic.

Still no definition on subconscious yet. Is your breathing and heart rate subconscious? And if so, would you manually have to control this after unlocking total control of your consciousness?
Old 12-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #13
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Battle Record: 16-26

Chyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant future

my nigga Geno bout to make them wet dreams come to life

I know the ledge, his sister's a jumpoff
Chyeahhh!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 06:12 AM   #14
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

@Vertias the invincible: I know what you're getting at and wrote a long response. But it's just breaking down the answers with more text, philosophy and reasoning. If anyone wants to read this either way I saved it in a text file and can post it up.

@Greed: Yes, it could been as psychic but it's not. Deja vu is simply subconscious pattern making recollecting memories to past experiences and bring them to your conscious mind, or making a connection where your conscious can't recall where it stems from. If you should know a place ''you've TOTALLY NEVER seen before'' it may seem crazy but the information is there from before, you just don't remember where you got it from since it was not necessary for your brain to store this information anywhere else than deep down in your memory bank in the long run. Your own personal deep web if you wish. This ability can even shut down memory from recent traumatic events until your brain thinks you can handle it. PTSD may be a ''bug'' in the subconscious software. Either way, all of this is your subconscious at work. I assume you already know this but I'll continue either way.

Once you make the connection or understand the phenomenon it's not as psychic as it seems. I mean, the subconscious got an eternal database of information, it's just that the things that makes sense to remember or use brain power on is stored in a more reachable place and not in the long lost archives at your office you lost the key to access.
But it doesn't mean that the information is not there. When it reach your conscious mind (or finding the key if you wish) it's no longer in your subconscious and can simply be tied to just ''having a better memory than most others''.

Puzzle games such as Candy Crush and Memory helps you to organize and remember more clearly, people that's played Tetris for years are more prone to remember more clearly since they've hard wired their subconscious to the conscious and trained it in such a way it makes organizing easier (invested in a simple keychain and added more keys to it) without much thought (and indexing information if we should use the Deep Web metaphore from earlier). Imo Geno should play more puzzle games.

Heartbeat and breathing is your subconscious but you can control your breathing in a conscious and easy manner by hyperventilating but you'll probably pass out after a while (your subconscious takes charge and does this) and your subconscious will revert the breathing pattern back to normal. Buddhist monks are known for being able to decrease their heartrate through meditation. It's pretty crazy. I'd say this is your conscious and subconscious mind communicating on a really high level.

(Also: apologize to everyone for my inability to decrease my wordcount.)

Last edited by Objective; 12-29-2015 at 06:15 AM.

Tags
communicate w ur kids, geno begs for relevance, sum doorz shud stay clo$ed