User Tag List

Old 03-15-2021, 07:30 PM   #21
Ouch

Battle Record: 1-5

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Ouch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant future

shows how much I listen to rap anymore.. didn't even know Nas made a new album...

and nas is my top 5 favorite rappers of all time...

last one I listened to was the one he called Nigger, and the one before that... and honestly... wasn't feeling it at all... I still liked it because its Nas but... lackluster didn't listen to it after the first listen.
@uh-oh is crazy though saying illmatic was his only good album... illmatic stillmatic.. it was written was pretty dope but had a few not so good tracks.. loved even lost tapes and even gods son in high school.
Old 03-15-2021, 07:38 PM   #22
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Ouch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant future

That tattoo with the jesus cross with thorns on it, on the cover of Gods Son. I came THAT close to getting that tattoo.. but then I realized how lame it would be to get a religious tattoo when I don't believe in it and probably never will. Dope tattoo though.

Stillmatic > Blueprint IMO... but I like Nas better than Jay everything is just an opinion.

And yeah WTF... at the Oscars "As good as it gets" over "Good will hunting"... they should've just said fuck it lets shut the show down Good will Hunting wins it all.
Old 03-15-2021, 07:52 PM   #23
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer View Post
Good will hunting's a fire movie, the rest can be found as vcr's in the shopping cart that ouch keeps next to his cardboard box in the street
Yeah that 180K card board box that I own not rent. Got a lot of old tapes.

You doing alright @Answer .. things going alright in your life? You just mention me for no reason in half your posts.

I mean I feel honored and shit but you must be feeling really needy and low you want my attention. There are 1800 numbers you can call for that, I'm assuming the 10 million $ castle on the hill you live in has a land line. Ya weird as fuck dog.
Old 03-16-2021, 05:55 AM   #24
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

i just didn't listen to nas when i was most impressionable. outside of what was mainstream singles etc

going back through his catalog after the fact with no emotional/memories attached its all ok. illmatic is timeless though.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:19 AM   #25
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Yeah uh oh makes a good point, all that resonates with you even at an older age.... will still get with you... so if nas wasn’t one of them... being a hip hop head I can’t see how you wouldn’t think was dope... but that’s my nostalgia...

But if you didn’t have that nostalgia you’d be like... he’s alright but no big deal.. which is what I think @uh-oh is saying
Old 03-16-2021, 06:21 AM   #26
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Also I’m fucking amazed you lames even watch those award shows... I honestly don’t think I ever have... like ever
Old 03-16-2021, 03:35 PM   #27
The Dead Poet

The Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
illmatic nas' only good album

its also the best album ever

everything else was ok at best
agreed.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:40 PM   #28
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

Takeover > Ether
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 06:57 PM   #29
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

The mtv unplugged album with Jay doing takeover... think it was with the roots was dope... whole unplugged album was dope as fuck.

But over all.. hell no .........ether > takeover

And @The Dead Poet and @uh-oh are tripping saying Nas only good album was illmatic
Old 03-16-2021, 09:17 PM   #30
The Dead Poet

The Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
The mtv unplugged album with Jay doing takeover... think it was with the roots was dope... whole unplugged album was dope as fuck.

But over all.. hell no .........ether > takeover

And @The Dead Poet and @uh-oh are tripping saying Nas only good album was illmatic
For me.....after Illmatic....you'd have to take his next 3-4 albums to compile an album that would get end to end play from me. Like I said on my first post.....Illmatic was a perfect happening of the best producers at the time steering the project of a young talented emcee. Since then, it's been that talented emcee picking pretty mediocre beats over and over again. FUCK IN TYPING THIS I'D ALSO BE WILLING TO SAY THAT LOST TAPES 1 is better than any of the 3 albums Nas released after illmatic.
Old 03-16-2021, 11:25 PM   #31
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Yeah and it’s funny Lost Tapes was supposed to be, or promoted as his throw away shit and it was one of his best.

It all boils down to opinion though, and an opinion/personal preference can’t really be right or wrong.

Nas is/was my favorite rapper of all time. But that album called nigger... wack, the album before that it was a double CD and I actually bought it... wack. So it’s not like I think everything nas does is golden.

My favorite Jay album was gift and the curse, which I bet would be a dark horse. Other than reasonable doubt obviously.
Old 03-17-2021, 02:32 AM   #32
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTIVATE SELF View Post
Idk bruh think you're selling Nas short. Stillmatic was fire and The Lost Tapes had some certified gems.
Do t fet me wrong though. Your right about stilmatic. But Nas was my favorite rapper back in the 90s. Beside pac of course. I am was my shit man. At the time that came out i was just starting to really fall in love with hiphop to the fullest. My poi t is only that nas shod have a recieved a grammy back when the competition was stiffer and his shit was more grimey and shit...

I still love nas as an artist.. but hes nowhere near what he was back then and hims winning a grammy now with this doodoo album just solidifies thepoint that rap today is trash.

Basically thats what my point was. Dont get me wrong about nas' talent though, and i do agree that he may have had 1or2 after his first 3 albums that could have recieved grammies.

But its good to see you self. Glad you popped in here bruh!
Old 03-17-2021, 06:48 AM   #33
fraze

Battle Record: 14-24

fraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer View Post
They should go back and do a retroactive grammy for all the music that should've been acknowledged with an "Okay we fucked up" apology letter but bigging up some average nas album now is just lame and too little too late
This
Old 03-17-2021, 07:44 AM   #34
Candy
Sell Her

Battle Record: 1-3

Candy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant future

respect
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 07:44 AM   #35
Candy
Sell Her

Battle Record: 1-3

Candy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant future

stillmatic was flawless
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:09 AM   #36
evaD

Battle Record: 19-10

Champed
- BA Show And Prove
- Summer Classic XI

evaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant future

An album with the chorus of My Country on cannot be called flawless
Old 03-17-2021, 12:02 PM   #37
ACTIVATE SELF

Battle Record: 2-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

ACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Earl View Post
Do t fet me wrong though. Your right about stilmatic. But Nas was my favorite rapper back in the 90s. Beside pac of course. I am was my shit man. At the time that came out i was just starting to really fall in love with hiphop to the fullest. My poi t is only that nas shod have a recieved a grammy back when the competition was stiffer and his shit was more grimey and shit...

I still love nas as an artist.. but hes nowhere near what he was back then and hims winning a grammy now with this doodoo album just solidifies thepoint that rap today is trash.

Basically thats what my point was. Dont get me wrong about nas' talent though, and i do agree that he may have had 1or2 after his first 3 albums that could have recieved grammies.

But its good to see you self. Glad you popped in here bruh!
@Answer

I misread the OP and was initially under the impression he was suggesting that Nas had not dropped any high quality material since his 3rd release. I know now that’s not what he said or implied, but that’s what prompted initially my response. I was completely off-base. My bad. Reading is fundamental.

In any case, what up Geno? Drop something soon.
Old 03-17-2021, 05:06 PM   #38
Dope girl

Battle Record: 3-8

Dope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Dope girl Send a message via Yahoo to Dope girl Send a message via Skype™ to Dope girl

Nas a beast
Dope girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:10 PM   #39
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future

Quote:
@Answer

I misread the OP and was initially under the impression he was suggesting that Nas had not dropped any high quality material since his 3rd release. I know now that’s not what he said or implied, but that’s what prompted initially my response. I was completely off-base. My bad. Reading is fundamental.

Ive had the itch. But the only thing thats gonna push me to drop new material is someone of high calibre dropping collab material on me that i cant refuse. Lol. Whenever i sit to write i end up thinking myself out of it. I basically have a collection of short work like nas's book of rhymes track from God Son. Which imo was another FIRE album yo i remember getting shit faced back in philly and walking around getting into shit. Looking for licks just bumping the last tracknof that albumnon repeat. Man that instro was sooo aick. Brb imma drop it now that i think about it. Loved that shit...

Yo.. this joi t homie. Phewww

Old 03-17-2021, 11:13 PM   #40
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Quote:
@Answer

Ive had the itch. But the only thing thats gonna push me to drop new material is someone of high calibre dropping collab material on me that i cant refuse. Lol. Whenever i sit to write i end up thinking myself out of it. I basically have a collection of short work like nas's book of rhymes track from God Son. Which imo was another FIRE album yo i remember getting shit faced back in philly and walking around getting into shit. Looking for licks just bumping this track off that album on repeat. Man that instro was sooo aick. Brb imma drop it now that i think about it. Loved that shit...

Yo.. this joint homie. Phewww
Now that i think about it for real yo. Nas got me through some REAL Dark points in my life. Then after him the only other 2 cats that had that kind of grip on me were Eminem and then after God Of War told me i was the text Joe Budden i then checked out Joe Budden for the first time and WHOAAAA he was instantly my favorite rapper and i grabbed EVERYTHING he ever did. I understood right away his comparison. I fell in love with the depth he dropped. Just crazy life and relationship shit. Real talk Joey was THAT DUDE imo. Then Drake came along and filled his apot when joey fell off for a short time. But this is a Nas thread lol. Herea that track. With good headphones the bass line is just unghhhh

Last edited by Geno; 03-17-2021 at 11:21 PM.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote