Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > 1-2 Punch League > 1-2 Archive

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2020, 11:29 PM   #1
Saint
Scream

Battle Record: 63-35

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Picture Roast
- Battle Royale Tournament
- NBL Pic Roast
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Season 11
- HoT Roast
- BAL Roast
- Tag Team Tourney
- NBL Barcotic Cypher
- SOL Pic Roast
- BA Tag
- XXXtentacion Roast
- 1-2 LR Champ

Saint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant future
Default Week 3: MINI-MAG ft ADVERSE/DISCUSSION

MINI-MAG: THE BREAKDOWN

WEEK 2 QUICK SUMMARY:

I almost thought this week would be the end of this little start up league no one expected to see. Even after Sharp threw his magcap on for a segment there was a few battles that led to some sign outs & other no shows. Voting has been OK/good enough rly but there are some feelings people are in when doing so after they be voted against; I've noticed. I do still think we will pull out a good solid third week this season. Anywhoo.. we did get a couple cool battles & lines last week. Aero vs Blue was interesting & ended a bit sour.

Pat Stay vs Shotgun Suge. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNWICUOu8Fw

BATTLE REVIEWS:

BOTW:
Adverse vs FGR
- Both had solid concepts with Adverse having an F, aG bar & FGR an Adjuring nameplay. Neither were sweeps but FGR took it due to Adverse having too much in the setup that didn't connect & a wordy punch. FGR Wins.

RUNNER UP:
Habitat vs Flow
-Flow did a Kobe line & Hab had a close ties bar. Flow got it w/ the current event being fresh & impactful. Habs wasn't hitting for voters conceptually but still got a cpl votes. Flow takes the win here.

SPOTLIGHT:
Aero vs Blue Bayou
- Expected we'd be in for a treat. I cant say it was a disappointing battle just not lived to the potential according to these consensus. Aero did an ambitious play w/ 'Uhh Ryan there'.... Blue went a more direct concept w/ a please women play. At the end Blue took the W as Aeros didn't resonate w/ voters the way he hoped. Both signed out.

UPSET:
Inno vs Destroyer
In what may have been another surprising turnout w/ a wild voting turn around Inno beat Des 7-4. Inno had a play on his sig which I feel could have hit harder w/a revision. Des keyed a current event. It took awhile to connect Innos line but ultimately he got the win over des.

Adverse's Corner:
Hey y'all, this is Adverse checking in for a few battle reviews from Week 2 of the league. I'm going to give you a recap of all of my writing credentials and experie….ehh nevermind nobody gives a fuck

Habitat v. Flow
To be completely honest this was the most dissapointing battle of the week in my eyes, it was still a good bout but i just had great expectations for this one coming in, both emcees are way doper than they showed this week. Both spit decent bars, but in the end Flow edged this one out with a relevant bar about the late Kobe Bryant. It also confused me upon first read before i noticed his edit when Flow's post date was the 24th and he was posting about Kobe's death. I thought he predicted the future for a second. (Lol) Flow's edit might have secured him the win in all honesty, but i see Hab bouncing back in a big way this week. Good job fellas
Winner: Flow

Aero vs. Blue Bayou
This one was interesting, Aero took a more creative approach here while Blue opted for a simple yet effective bar. While Aero garnered a few votes he ended up falling flat this time, i know Aero screws around a lot and trolls but if he took a matchup more seriously he may find himself with quite a few W's under his belt as the season progresses. Blue is a dope writer and is capable of much better bars then he put out this week, but he still got the job done.
Winner: Blue Bayou

Destroyer vs Raptor
This was another fascinating matchup that could have honestly gone either way but ultimately it came down to execution, Des, albeit a bit rusty, took the same current event Flow did but with a different twist to it, he had an okay idea but didn't execute it as well as he should have. As for Inno, I'm still searching the skies for his line because it went way the fuck over my head, ultimately even though voters were mostly split among the two battles, Raptor garnered just a few more votes and squeezed by.
Winner: Raptor aka Inno

That's all for me tonight folks. Stay safe, enjoy the big game and stay outta any helicopters please for God sakes, we can do without another Sunday of tragedy. Peace and love, Adverse out.

WEEK 3 BATTLER PROFILES:

@Witty
The boy Witty. One of the heads that transitions between both topicals & battling well.*Known for the multis & humor in his lines, dude can bring something different & unexpected to the table in the 1,2. Just hope he shows up. Breath of fresh air.

Threat Level - 5.5

@FGR
I think this is Miracle from RB but not 100% sure. Plus I didn't want to out a potential alias, eh idgaf. This dude surprised me.. granted I am rusty & not enthusiastic on rb much rly lol. However, I think I remember him years ago in a roast or something... I feel he has improved from where he was then though? Helllll if I know.. I think he could be first to champ as he is very active now w/ no signs of no showing. Wordplay heavy like most people who are RB staples. Good battler hope he stays here.

Threat Level - 7

@bleak
bleak*has had breakout performances before and been steady rising on the scene for a good damn minute. Dude has dope creativity & only a matter of time before he champs a big one. Wording for his ideas has improved too. Like Flow.. the guy kept improving since that BA tourney. These days altho I need to see how committed bleak*is then make a prediction on how much of a threat he is. No showing is a slight concern as well.

Threat Level - 7

@Incredible
Incredible seems to be a little rough with his execution & smoothness. If we judged this only on concepts he'd be much higher as a threat. I don't see contendership quality yet tho as there are others who are just more polished at this point. Increds a stand up dude who's added to the culture. Look OUT for him to snatch some wins from higher tiers who sleep on him.

Threat Level - 4.5

@Obey
Never seen him battle but judging by votes he has some sensibility to him & doesn't seem new to this stuff. I think he'll show... but to what level is anyones guess. Unknown to me and i ain't going out digging up dudes old battle history.

Threat Level - 3

@Plot
I liked Plots stuff in the past. He is hit or miss though and isn't a consistent dependable sign in far as showing goes. However, I recall him beating a couple big names w/ some good concepts & solid wording... hopefully he finds his stride this season and can move up this list.

Threat Level - 5.5

@Destroyer
Des has always known as a beast in the 1-2. Destroyer can post quick keys alot of the time and that can cost him close battles... like the Inno one. He is no stranger to champ matches & can deliver a crisp punch when he wants to. Seems like he specializes in current events and/or personals most often than not & that gets him wins. I need to see more this season. Contender or champ match just depends on consistency.

Threat Level - 7

@Inno
Inno is a topical vet. He’s champed his share of leagues in that field iirc I'm not too aware of his topic history. I have read Innos battles awhile back and honestly wasn't impressed at first but recently I think he's been surprising a lot of people with his bars. I'm not sure how far he can make it, there is alot of ground to cover due to being less experienced than others here. This will certainly be a growing experience if he chooses to keep battling & listening to the critics.

Threat Level - 4.5

@INF
Not sure. We'll see. Tbc.

Threat Level - 2

@Flow
Flow has gone to champ the BA Rookie Tournament and close to champing a Hot or Thot tourney. Former 1-2 champ from last season Flow has a harsh no holds barred personal style that may turn a few heads & cause a stir in the chat. It has gotten him a string of wins over competition that would have beaten him a couple years ago. Showing signs of no slowing down. Possible repeat champ.

Threat Level - 8

@Cashius
Cash the investigative researcher. Guy has since returned after the SC upset where Answer took the win in a good back & forth match that may have been the best of that tourney tbh. He never shows signs of rust imo albeit he may put less effort into certain matches.. *cough silver cough*.. Has a good sense of knowing what's wack or not & feeling the audience preferences. As mentioned before he is likely to be a champ who will be hard to beat once he gets a foothold.

Threat Level - 9

@Meth
Not the most notable battler in recent memory. I really don't have much to gauge his skill rn aside from a no show line & his last run as Score? Idk. He hasn't really shown for anything since RB but Meth is solid; has done well when he's actually battled and honestly w/ BOTW potential I still don't expect him to beat Cashius... Yet I would say he can play w/ the big boys and get to a champ match assuming he isn't rusty.

Threat Level - 7.5

@NYCSPITZ
Great topical writer who generally understands battling. I only recall him doing longbar? Not sure. Other than that I have no clue.

Threat Level - 3.5

@Adverse
My guy Ad is an adamant battler. The hunger to improve reminds me of the good old days of battle boards long since gone. However, tips from Aero!?! He's a risky person to do that with fam. Baked bean recipe around here lolol. Effigy bar impressed me but the unnecessary words took away from it heavy. You seem to have a great attitude that will be to your advantage. Keep it up.

Threat Level - 6

@Em Kay Gee
No idea who this is. Looks like a no show/alias. Likely Barcotic. If so, watch out for signature Uterus Pond wordplays & post battle crying. If he isn't.. idc but please show whoever it is.

Threat Level - 4

@Slechtq
The kid has improved and seems gung-ho so that's great lol. Decent battler most of the time. I think he's come close to champing before but who knows. He can word a punch well enough and it's a matter of improving from there on. I need to see more though.

Threat Level - 5.5

@Habitat
Fresh on RB is still active there & has been for a good while. I say that to say this - battling consistently makes you sharper all around. I don't think his NC runs were as commendable as his home sites was... I don't personally care about RB but Hab has improved since last I've seen him around so it's safe to say there's talent there. I think he's out to beat the best and is hungrier this week after a controversial loss. Great competitor hope he sticks around.

Threat Level - 7.5

@Sinacog
Greatest battler we've seen since jrite. Uses biblical references galore & multi schemes to have you bleeding from the brain in seconds. Throw in an anime sword name & it's lights out allll day every day.

Threat Level - Over 9,000

WEEK 3 PREVIEWS:

FGR 2-0 vs Flow 2-0
This one should be good. Having a 2-0 record each they seem eager to get to a champ match. Flow may be the favourite going in while FGR can come with a solid wordplay that'll hit. Also has the advantage of anonymity where personals are hard to dig up. Flow tends to be at his best with harsh angles, but what concept he takes will be interesting. FGR knows his opponent though & will come with it.

Flow: 60/40

Inno 2-0 vs bleak 1-0
Cool one. I think bleak is a clear cut fave even though Inno is coming off a win vs Des due to some under achieving. I think bleak wants to get a win here but Inno has motivation lately and may be pretty creative. Both will have a bar out of left field but I see bleak being more battler friendly w/ creativity & wording choices.

bleak: 70/30

Destroyer 1-1 vs Adverse 1-1
Adverse steady improving and Destroyer might be caught off guard. Des is a battler w/ different approaches & long as he doesn't post a quick last minute bar he has this. Adverse still finding his style, but he can put together a dope wordplay. Even under Aero's tutelage I have Des getting revenge from last week.

Destroyer: 60/40

Habitat 1-1 vs Plot 1-1
Habitat will show and if Plot shows to his capability it could be a goodie. However I dont think he has been around but may pull up last minute again. Hab aka Fresh will have his bars ready to go, he's the best he's been. Also Hab has been better this season week to week. Plot has good concepts, still to early to tell how he'll perform.

Hab 60/40

Sinacog 0-2 vs INF 0-0
How is this a battle?

Sinacog: 90/10

NYCSPITZ 0-0 vs Em Kay Gee 0-0
These guys I am not sure will show. No idea the levels either.

Either50/50

Obey 0-0 vs Witty 0-0
Interesting. Obey has been voting while Witty has been active. Obey will probably show, Witty I'm not sure but if he does I have him. Never seen Obey so again, no clue.

Witty: 60/40

Cashius 1-0 Meth 1-0
My botw pick. These guys both have potential to drop a dope bar easily, and Cash is a given especially recently. Meth has been on RB iirc, but I honestly haven't been reading up there. Maybe he no showed? His bar vs Resin was alright, vs a no show though. Cashius beat Silver so not a test. Both are experienced battlers who know each other. I think it's who gas the better personal assuming they go that route. For now i have Cash.

Cashius: 60/40

Incredible 0-1 vs Slecht 1-1
I hope they show. Incred has done well so has Slecht. Actually they remind me of each other for some reason. Well by posting styles Idk. I think Slecht is slightly more polished while Incred has more complex ideas. Heck this is close but I have Slecht for being stronger in 1-2 leagues.

Slecht: 60/40

-Some people want to make the due date sooner. Any feedback on that? Mags would be shorter, no.cyphers or roasts probably too if the due date comes up faster.

Anyone interested in a tag team 1-2 tourney

[Outro]

Last edited by Saint; 02-03-2020 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:47 PM   #2
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

AHHHHHHHH

Edit

If every one is willing to fucking vote on time then yes short the week. But it doesn’t make sense to do that if the votes don’t come in.

Y’all want these mags and all that. Vote on time and vote plenty

Last edited by Inno; 01-30-2020 at 12:27 AM.
Old 01-30-2020, 12:53 AM   #3
slecht
Twitter: @ricanjq

Battle Record: 4-12

Champed
- 1-2 Punch league

slecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant future

Dope, on it.
Old 01-30-2020, 05:33 AM   #4
Flow
Upset Champion

Battle Record: 57-49

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher
- 1-2 Punch league Season 9

Flow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant future

I'd be interesting in helping you run a 1-2 tag tourney after we have a few champ matches in here to make sure interest levels are still strong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabari Black View Post
Flow....that punch was disgusting. Mvgt Flow
Old 01-30-2020, 08:39 AM   #5
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inno View Post
AHHHHHHHH

Edit

If every one is willing to fucking vote on time then yes short the week. But it doesn’t make sense to do that if the votes don’t come in.

Y’all want these mags and all that. Vote on time and vote plenty
Saucy and bossy ... Give this guy a W and look out
-kungfugrip
Old 01-30-2020, 11:07 AM   #6
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

Don’t even start, Canada.
You think I didn’t notice you voted twice against me?
You’re on thin ice, hoser.
philosophy.
Old 01-30-2020, 11:19 AM   #7
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
Don’t even start, Canada.
You think I didn’t notice you voted twice against me?
You’re on thin ice, hoser.
Damn.... I was hoping you didn't notice to be honest
-kungfugrip
Old 01-30-2020, 11:21 AM   #8
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

Not even a sorry...
I’m questioning your Canadian-ness now
philosophy.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:14 PM   #9
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
Not even a sorry...
I’m questioning your Canadian-ness now
Sorry about not saying sorry when a sorry was called for in the first place
-kungfugrip
Old 01-30-2020, 04:55 PM   #10
slecht

Champed
- 1-2 Punch league

slecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant future

@Obey same obey from LB?
Old 01-30-2020, 05:00 PM   #11
slecht

Champed
- 1-2 Punch league

appreciate actually putting down slecht on the battles and leaving the Q out lol.

good shit
Old 01-31-2020, 02:04 AM   #12
Obey

Battle Record: 2-4

Obey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant future

Nah not me man
Old 01-31-2020, 06:21 AM   #13
Saint
Scream

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Picture Roast
- NBL Pic Roast
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Season 11
- HoT Roast
- BAL Roast
- Tag Team Tourney
- NBL Barcotic Cypher
- SOL Pic Roast
- BA Tag
- XXXtentacion Roast
- 1-2 LR Champ

Saint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant future

Updated w/ Battler Profiles. More coming asap.
Old 01-31-2020, 12:59 PM   #14
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Respect the hustle Inf....you're doing a great job modding
-kungfugrip
Old 01-31-2020, 02:13 PM   #15
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

Pat vs Suge dope

check it if you guys didn’t yet
Old 02-01-2020, 12:24 AM   #16
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

Can i retract a vote? Lol Inf's bar went way over my head i don't think Sinacog won on 2nd read
Old 02-01-2020, 12:43 AM   #17
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Goooone at deleting my post
-kungfugrip
Old 02-01-2020, 01:25 AM   #18
Saint
Scream

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Picture Roast
- NBL Pic Roast
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Season 11
- HoT Roast
- BAL Roast
- Tag Team Tourney
- NBL Barcotic Cypher
- SOL Pic Roast
- BA Tag
- XXXtentacion Roast
- 1-2 LR Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bayou View Post
Goooone at deleting my post
This league a joke to you?

Last edited by Saint; 02-01-2020 at 01:37 AM.
Old 02-01-2020, 02:15 AM   #19
slecht

Champed
- 1-2 Punch league

pat vs suge is def dope @Diablo
Old 02-01-2020, 02:16 AM   #20
slecht

Champed
- 1-2 Punch league

@INF you right on the mag. good job

i did end up winning a champ match

http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=125106
Closed Thread