Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 07-18-2020, 08:59 AM   #61
the Munster

the Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant future

Do you have your light on full power?
the Munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:08 AM   #62
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

its been pretty hot, gonna be 93 today and tomorrow smh.

i think i've diagnosed a couple problems. im running tap water in the humidifier, i read that the calcium in tap water gets vaped and airborne as well, and can clog the carbon filter, which makes sense, cuz i've had the shit running since last saturday and at full blast, the air coming out of the duct is fairly slow. when i first fired it up it was blowing pretty good out the duct

the other problem is im just ducting the air into the same room. i don't want to run the duct out the window, so i've been looking at ways to maybe put in one of them little window fans that are short and have like 2-3 fans, and maybe just taping the end of the duct to one of them to blow it outside. my only concern there is i don't know how much stink the carbon filter is actually gonna kill. and the window is right above my back door which is where the parking lot for the 3 apartment/town houses are that im at, and where the landlord comes to drop off the water bill lol.

i thought about getting more duct, and running it from that room into this room where the AC is at, but i'll probably need another duct fan cuz im like i dunno 20-30 feet and a couple bends from my tent.

right now i got the humidifier off. it stays around 45-50% RH, but i wanted it closer to 70 during veg. since im in coco tho and i can't really over water im thinking if i keep the top soil nice and moist that should at least help where the humidity isnt? pseudo science i made up.

im also home during the weekend and when i open it up and peek in on them i can get the temp to drop just from opening it. im just worried about the work weeks, i come home and shits been like 81-85 all day. the plants seem fine, working on their second set of leaves, i mean they just broke through the surface tuesday.

long ass post my bad i got no one to talk to about this lol. i also thought maybe i can put the drivers for the light outside the tent, but i need pot stands/elevators. as low as i can put my light is like 26'' from the tops of them. its recommended 24 for my light so they might be stretching a bit already. but putting the drivers out i'd have to raise my light like another 10'' to reach. right now i got them ziptied up in the corner so theyre away from everything but im not sure how much they're adding to the heat

i shouldve just done this in the winter, and not literally at the hottest time of year. but i gotta figure it out one way or the other since im gonna be trying to have something going year round, only down time will be when i harvest and am drying in the tent since i can control the enviornment in there. so once cut down, 7-10 days or so before i'll be sprouting the next batch
Old 07-18-2020, 09:10 AM   #63
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Munster View Post
Do you have your light on full power?
yea thats the other thing. they got a dimmer function, BUT its two dimmers, one for each side, and I don't want to make it uneven. its a screw, not a knob, and i think i'll need a wattage meter, to dim them one at a time and make sure each side is pulling even watts.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:26 AM   #64
the Munster

the Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
its been pretty hot, gonna be 93 today and tomorrow smh.

i think i've diagnosed a couple problems. im running tap water in the humidifier, i read that the calcium in tap water gets vaped and airborne as well, and can clog the carbon filter, which makes sense, cuz i've had the shit running since last saturday and at full blast, the air coming out of the duct is fairly slow. when i first fired it up it was blowing pretty good out the duct

the other problem is im just ducting the air into the same room. i don't want to run the duct out the window, so i've been looking at ways to maybe put in one of them little window fans that are short and have like 2-3 fans, and maybe just taping the end of the duct to one of them to blow it outside. my only concern there is i don't know how much stink the carbon filter is actually gonna kill. and the window is right above my back door which is where the parking lot for the 3 apartment/town houses are that im at, and where the landlord comes to drop off the water bill lol.

i thought about getting more duct, and running it from that room into this room where the AC is at, but i'll probably need another duct fan cuz im like i dunno 20-30 feet and a couple bends from my tent.

right now i got the humidifier off. it stays around 45-50% RH, but i wanted it closer to 70 during veg. since im in coco tho and i can't really over water im thinking if i keep the top soil nice and moist that should at least help where the humidity isnt? pseudo science i made up.

im also home during the weekend and when i open it up and peek in on them i can get the temp to drop just from opening it. im just worried about the work weeks, i come home and shits been like 81-85 all day. the plants seem fine, working on their second set of leaves, i mean they just broke through the surface tuesday.

long ass post my bad i got no one to talk to about this lol. i also thought maybe i can put the drivers for the light outside the tent, but i need pot stands/elevators. as low as i can put my light is like 26'' from the tops of them. its recommended 24 for my light so they might be stretching a bit already. but putting the drivers out i'd have to raise my light like another 10'' to reach. right now i got them ziptied up in the corner so theyre away from everything but im not sure how much they're adding to the heat

i shouldve just done this in the winter, and not literally at the hottest time of year. but i gotta figure it out one way or the other since im gonna be trying to have something going year round, only down time will be when i harvest and am drying in the tent since i can control the enviornment in there. so once cut down, 7-10 days or so before i'll be sprouting the next batch
I don’t know shit about that tap water calcium shit with the humidifier I say k.i.s.s. in response tho. Also look to replace humidifier with evaporative cooler.

Can you run your light at night? 8 hours off could be during hottest part of day?

Can you install fake door to replace door in room that tent is in and put holes in it to exhaust/intake?

Last edited by the Munster; 07-18-2020 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:31 AM   #65
the Munster

And if your going to get an ac or need one I would absolutely consider getting gavita pro 1000w de hps and returning that light that you basically paid the same price for and use some light bulbs until your new light arrives

Last edited by the Munster; 07-18-2020 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:33 AM   #66
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

i'd post pics in here but i feel weird about it lol. you got discord?

i think i did some simple tweaks that will work. my carbon filter sleeve was covered in calcium, once i took it off my exhaust fan was CRANKING and cooled it down quick.

i had everything centered too, which took like a foot off my exhaust link, but i moved it to the back and its basically all right out the tent now, and rigged it up to the ceiling so the exhaust tube makes it almost to the door.

i think the temps should be stable now, and the humidity is staying around 50-55 without the humidifier so im not even gonna use it tbh
Old 07-18-2020, 11:39 AM   #67
the Munster

Quote:
yea thats the other thing. they got a dimmer function, BUT its two dimmers, one for each side, and I don't want to make it uneven. its a screw, not a knob, and i think i'll need a wattage meter, to dim them one at a time and make sure each side is pulling even watts.
Lol damn they got you. They sell a light meter/soil ph/something else meter at Lowe’s for like $14. It’s analog but it’s better than nothing and I actually use it to gauge whether kids are getting enough light it works well. The ph part did not work well imo. Well it kind of does you just have to let it sit in the soil for like 5 minutes and the instructions don’t say that
Old 07-18-2020, 12:12 PM   #68
the Munster

Box fan diy filter
Old 07-18-2020, 12:33 PM   #69
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Munster View Post
Lol damn they got you. They sell a light meter/soil ph/something else meter at Lowe’s for like $14. It’s analog but it’s better than nothing and I actually use it to gauge whether kids are getting enough light it works well. The ph part did not work well imo. Well it kind of does you just have to let it sit in the soil for like 5 minutes and the instructions don’t say that
oh word? i actually have one of those, it said my ph was like 8, but thats just sticking it in, tbh it never moved whether in the coco or out. the light thing seems to work, i forget the reading but it was pretty much the same next to each plant, i wanna say halfway. and its gotta moisture reading too.

i got the thing to ph the soil but i actually ordered a bluelabs ph pen that does soil and fluid supposed to be coming today. i didn't trust that thing in the soil or the cheap ph meter i got for my water.

but yea they're so young i doubt the enviornment is affecting them yet, im just trying to get the enviornment dialed in asap. i cleaned the sleeve for my filter and its still blowing strong all hooked up so i think im in the clear now

HYPE for the next couple weeks.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:11 AM   #70
the Munster

Man autos are tricky for new people imo. Because if you fuck up especially in the first three weeks your plant is going to be small asf. But I have faith in you

Just make sure to check them for heat or light stress. New growth is light green. Light stress is yellow, with the leaves praying but praying TOO MUCH. They can look the same at times.

But 80 degrees they should be fine you just have to make sure they don’t get too much light. The cooler it is, the more light they can take. By middle I’m assuming you mean the light meter is saying something around 750?. That’s pretty good, and you want to keep them around that so you may need to adjust the light as they grow. Once they get to around 1000 you’ll notice some differences in the way the respond to the light. You can get it this hi but you have to gradually raise the brightness for them so they aren’t overwhelmed. If they are leaning towards the light then they probably need a little more light. With mine ~500 is fine for them, they don’t even stretch toward the light at that intensity. But with a de hps of course

When you tried to soil meter part was the soil wet?

Blue lab meter are the shit too that’s what professionals use. Good choice

Last edited by the Munster; 07-20-2020 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:14 AM   #71
the Munster

And idk what discord is perhaps I can make an account?
Old 07-20-2020, 12:11 PM   #72
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

yea discord is like a chat thing. Its an app you can make an account and join different channels. I joined a mr goodbuds channel too hes a YouTube grower dude and the community is solid with helping. But there is a netcees channel too i gave you an invite too but I think the invite dies after a day

But yea its like a chat room thing but you can post pics and shit on it
Old 07-20-2020, 12:13 PM   #73
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

also i might be scorching em. The light meter is at like 1200 lmaooooo at plant level. It sticks around 78 degrees and I got the light about 24 inches from them but they're praying for sure. Ones a bit behind but their second set of leaves is going pretty decent when I left this morning

Hoping they're them 3 leafers when I get home after 5.

The light recommends 24" during veg but I dont know when the seedling phase turns to the veg stage? For seedings it said 32"
Old 07-20-2020, 12:14 PM   #74
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

also i see people who use my light dim it but the manual says nothing about dimming them so I'm just going off distance
Old 07-20-2020, 12:22 PM   #75
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

One last thing before I punch in tho I'm not sure what the light meter is measuring, lux/lumens? Or par? Not sure the difference or what they are lol. But its the soil meter thing that tells moisture ph and light.

The blue labs thing is sick tho. My soil is all around 6.0

Phing my water around that as well but im getting mixed advice. Since its coco people say to ph like its hydroponic, but im not using liquid nutes so I've seen others say to treat it like a mix of soil/hydroponics since the dry nutes need more of a 6.0 to 6.5

I guess if it was liquid it'd be 5.5 to 6.0

Ima just keep it around 6.2 and hope for the best lol
Old 07-20-2020, 04:42 PM   #76
the Munster

Quote:
One last thing before I punch in tho I'm not sure what the light meter is measuring, lux/lumens? Or par? Not sure the difference or what they are lol. But its the soil meter thing that tells moisture ph and light.

The blue labs thing is sick tho. My soil is all around 6.0

Phing my water around that as well but im getting mixed advice. Since its coco people say to ph like its hydroponic, but im not using liquid nutes so I've seen others say to treat it like a mix of soil/hydroponics since the dry nutes need more of a 6.0 to 6.5

I guess if it was liquid it'd be 5.5 to 6.0

Ima just keep it around 6.2 and hope for the best lol
Shit is tricky. Because your not growing traditionally. 6.5 every single time is what I would do since that is the only ph that is perfect for both hydro and coco. And I’m pretty sure the meter is lumens. 1200 is pretty hi. Yea I need to figure discord shit out because I would like to see pics

You can’t base it off of the the manufacturers recommendation for the light distance each plant is literally different. You should start around 32 and adjust as they reach for the light. Unless you think they’re fine but they are not in veg yet they need like 5-6 sets of leaves before they are in veg and then once they reach the width of the pot that is when autos generally flip

Last edited by the Munster; 07-20-2020 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:53 PM   #77
the Munster

And you need to be watering with calmag 5 mil per gal. 6.5 every time you will be killin it if you do that
Old 07-20-2020, 05:42 PM   #78
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

im doing a teaspoon of calmag per gallon, just googled and word thats 5 ml. the general hydroponics calmag

all though it was a bit offputting cuz i had that one dude i linked's video up and in one he addressed the calmag thing saying he never uses it in his coco cuz its buffered and doesn't have any deficiency problems as long as he follows his feeding schedule

but i dunno, as long as the plants aint getting harmed by it ima keep using it because i read coco will break down and more receptors open over time so even if its buffered it can steal more calcium and magnesium from the plants.

theyre chugging along

i'll pm another discord invite. just download the app from the appstore its free. the discussion board is basically that now lol

but word today is technically day 6, they sprouted out the EARTH tuesday last week. wedding cake autos
Old 07-20-2020, 05:48 PM   #79
the Munster

Whoever said it was buffered and he doesn’t have problems he’s full of shit I guarantee you