Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > AOWL Season XI > Season XI ARCHIVES
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2023, 08:02 PM   #21
Dope girl

Battle Record: 3-8

Dope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Dope girl Send a message via Yahoo to Dope girl Send a message via Skype™ to Dope girl
Default Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by symetrik View Post
drunk yoda?
Nah, I'm good.
Old 02-22-2023, 02:30 AM   #22
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

@Frank did you show this week?
Old 02-22-2023, 02:32 AM   #23
Soule
Save The Sea

Soule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant future

Frank gets automatic wins. It's fine.
Old 02-22-2023, 05:49 AM   #24
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

lmao I’m fielding for a one word battle next week if that’s allowed
Old 02-22-2023, 01:35 PM   #25
Soule
Save The Sea

Soule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant future

Interesting
Old 02-23-2023, 01:07 AM   #26
brokenhal0

Battle Record: 12-12=4

Champed
- AOWL Season IX

brokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant future

@sral - APPRECIATE THE FEED you took the time to pick out the layering
respect

Quote:
The mention of A.I a short while later had me wondering if that was a pot shot taken at Eviction. It had to be, right? It just seems to be too close to be coincidental. Perhaps it was subconsciously coming through in the writing here but that’s how I interpreted it at least.
Not aimed at eviction but more at the league a subliminal flex
drawing back to the opening stanzas implying the last pharaoh
was the original A.I archetypal yet modern pharaoh
living among the simple people in Pompeii
mt vasu. starts trembling and erupts as spartan Greeks
invade to take over the city... I used the Jericho biblical reference
to metaphorically describe the Spartan invasion
relating it to the fall of Jericho
but using the volcano as the reason..
they eventually will all turn to ash (except pharaoh) from there pride
and human lack of love due to artificial thinker A.I soup
group think possible squid creature mind control LOL
the LSD flex brag was placed there cause i know some readers
mind would feel like there on drugs reading this weird shit

i also tried to imply how the gods laugh and find the act entertaining
the humor of human war with the whole Moses ,Thutmose ,Zeus
references dark humor to play with the readers attention

the squid creature is exactly a relation to Cthulhu
i describe him as the creature in the giant citadel that sits
at the top of the volcano
i was trying to manipulate the readers attention
to the subliminal underlying concept
of these beings using artificial intelligence
as concepts while using the basis of ''modern day mythos''
referencing the songs title
a spastic blend of ideas for sure
happy when someone catches it ....you did

Quote:
The transition into wrestling terminology and whatnot sort of took me out of the stories progression again somewhat at that point to be truthful, “lionsaulting” for example felt slightly jarring in the context of the narrative to me, but I’m sticking with it.
The Pterodactly (tero-dact-tyl) ''The Lionsaulting '' - shrugs -
was me playing with abstraction making the environment even more surreal and chaotic
and more personally psychological for the readers who get ''it'' making the readers
imagination work a little harder...AND WHOS TO SAY pterodactyls didn't fly among the inhabitants of '' Pompeii metamorphosed into Atlantis''

76 a.d. dude lol might still be dinosaurs back then who knows lol
im glad the switch of imagery jarred you
that's exactly why it was placed there

The wrestling references where a psychological flex on frank
this week by stating the battle - was Chris Jericho vs raven-in the magazine/predictions thread
the whole rhyme scheme from beginning to end is based on the character chris jerchos heel and face turns in his wrestling career
as he is the bigger superstar in reality but also metaphorically
implying him to be just as naive as the Spartans meeting his faith
in the volcano....a extra side story and potshot for frank implying pharaoh as the bigger superstar ,, im having fun here obv also shooting at universe pharaoh army and what not .... lol - legions of doom,natural disasters,jake the snake---personally i loved creating that verse ... being a wrestling fan
while weaving it into the invasion and story angle
building the main character '' the last pharaoh of Pompeii'' as a failed hero god ...

Last edited by brokenhal0; 02-23-2023 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-23-2023, 02:15 AM   #27
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

That battle took me FOREVER to break down, I must have gone back to it 3/4 times adding more
Old 02-24-2023, 07:32 PM   #28
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
That battle took me FOREVER to break down, I must have gone back to it 3/4 times adding more
Would you like my quick defense/breakdown of my own verse? I’d try to do it quickly. Lol. Thanks for readin thoroughly Lars, & all.

***EDIT @Diablo
@brokenhal0
Thanks readers AND voters for trudging through my eye test and hal0's lack of line limit.
Lars, the quoted wiki part you mentioned was MUCH shorter of non-rhymes...as the first few lines and a tiny part of the middle of that section did rhyme.
Yes, it's lazy to do a pure-wiki, but the movie reviews were FIRE
And as a self proclaimed "Servant Journalist", this is the ultimate "literal" reference material for a "setup" where I know Hal0 will be providing the majority of the barz...

My opening "bar" is an easy hook, as is the spelled out hook area of the repeated quick couplet about the Persian's "back way in"...
So in my first short verse there are two hooks available...
My second (admittedly lazier verse) is just the setup for hal0...of course he chose his own mythology/material but the reference was a peace offering for him to make more stanzas ...muahahah
THIS ISNT JUST COPYING AND PASTING WIKI
Servant Journalist, your pharaoh bookmarked and absorbed 8-10 Wiki links about the battle, the movie, the goat-path...CONDENSED them mentally, only referenced later when needed and BOLDED the obvious rhymes...
Regular text was my bars, italics was Wiki quotes (99% accuracy on quotation marks and referencing), BOLD was my added or found rhymes, UNDERLINES were for reference materials or a special emphasis, so sorry for the EYEsores.
and the movie critic at the end PERFECTLY summated the topical match. We didn't really need voters....BUT, still they are wanted and it always helps. And my perhaps deserved "reference" "L" will motivate me more, as I continue as a hack writer to feedback/vote/write on the site for 2 weeks.

THIS IS A VERSE VULGAR SHOULD PRINT OUT AND CLUTCH WITH HIS PAJAMAS AS HE CRAWLS UNDER THE COVERS

THIS IS A VERSE ZYGOTE WOULD APPRECIATE THE "SPECIFIC" ARROW #'s CHOSEN, IN THE HUNDREDS&THOUSANDS BUT THE NUMBERS AREN'T RANDOM: IT'S FOR DELIVERABILITY OR delivery ability...

--End rant...
Thanks for reading----Nextttttttttttttt Nice drop hal0, as I said in OM area.

P.S. Lars practice "delivering" nonrhyming prose, and the more takes the better...u find/rhymes, speed up or w/e, all4practice

**Sorry if that swayed reader or voters.
It's just that I saw hal0 had already did it, Lars took the time, and I was excited to re-feedback, and frankly that vote-count is decent for leagues these days....

Last edited by Pharaohs Army; 02-24-2023 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-25-2023, 02:17 AM   #29
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

The league is CURSED

Never known NC have so much down time
Old 02-25-2023, 02:29 AM   #30
Soule
Save The Sea

The good oll days when battles would go up Monday, battlers would drop within 24-48 hours and battles would be closed before the deadline. *reminiscent sigh*
Old 02-25-2023, 10:05 AM   #31
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future
Exclamation XI

Last edited by Frank; 02-25-2023 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-25-2023, 10:22 AM   #32
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future
Lightbulb XI

Last edited by Frank; 02-25-2023 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-25-2023, 05:53 PM   #33
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

I hope to get a vote in tonight on the last battle.

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz
Old 03-04-2023, 08:46 AM   #34
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
Are you -3 votes yourself next week for not voting?

#DevilsAdvocate
Old 03-04-2023, 11:41 AM   #35
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Lightbulb XI