Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 06-16-2018, 12:12 PM   #121
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
Isn’t not labeling it Gods work just as, if not more so, close minded?

This idea that God and Science have to be mutually exclusive?
Science can ONLY consider the natural and physical world so by excluding the supernatural by definition it is more close minded in practice then Christianity. True life

Ok I'm done tho. Just spectating now.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:13 PM   #122
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
They are mutually exclusive because one is decided after meticulous testing and experimentation and still is never regarded as infallible truth and the other is regarded as infallible truth because someone said it was once
Oh so show me one instance of a animal turning into a completely different animal genetically. Like a fish to a bird.

I will wait.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:14 PM   #123
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

Look bro. I don’t believe in “truth” or “knowledge” as truly attainable
And I’m comfortable not knowing things
You, are not.
As such, we will forever remain at an impasse
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:15 PM   #124
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Oh so show me one instance of a animal turning into a completely different animal genetically. Like a fish to a bird.

I will wait.
I understand that you place less value on the breadth of scientific study than you do on your ability to discount all of it. It doesn’t make your arguments any more valid.
philosophy.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:17 PM   #125
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Please restate your precious two posts in a way that does not mischarscterize my beliefs and strawmans me

While also saying not saying something that contradicts your earlier stance.

I will wait.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:22 PM   #126
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

I don’t know what part you don’t understand. I don’t know if there’s a god or not. I’ve never seen anything, including man’s religions and the Bible, that leads me to believe otherwise. If I saw something that did, I’d likely change my beliefs. That’s the scientific method. Here’s the thing. When I was a kid, Pluto was a planet. Scientific thought changes. If the human race doesn’t kill itself off, most of what I think I “know” will probably turn out to be bullshit. So, why the fuck would I worry myself with trying to feel like I know what going on, why we’re here, what happens after, or any of that shit? I try to be a good person and do what I feel is right, and let that shit unfold how it does. Nobody knows, really. Believe whatever you want. I just prefer you keep that shit to yourself.
philosophy.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:24 PM   #127
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Interesting. Do you not see how you are even more guilty than me of what you are accusing me of?
Old 06-16-2018, 12:25 PM   #128
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

I do not. It’s when you purport to know “the truth” that I have a problem. And that’s it.
philosophy.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:29 PM   #129
veritas
HALL OF FAME

I will make this simple and in few words.

“Believe whatever you want I just prefer you keep that shit to yourself “ says the person who automatically starts attacking people who believe differently. Dismissing trier beliefs as foolish and wrong.

The main point for today that will break us into new ground is this. And I want you to say fair enough to it ok? Here goes:

Your belief system (or whatever you belief is in some state of possible truth) rests on just as much if not more of an act of faith as mine.

Fair ?

Last edited by veritas; 06-16-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:35 PM   #130
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

I don’t have a belief system, I have a non-belief system
You can certainly see how that doesn’t require faith, no?
philosophy.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:36 PM   #131
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

just so its known, i hate you guys.

jesus can have existed. thats not a problem, his existence as a human has no bearing on my stance. im stating i think he didn't exist because there is no evidence for it outside what des has already stated. meanwhile there is a ton of recorded history on that direct era. its not a foggy age where no one was writing anything and all we have to go by is one persons work.

that is inherently false.

which is why my hypothesis, that he is a mythical figure created and modeled after other jews who were fighting for their independence from the romans, and spun and created into a religion makes more sense to me than him being an actual singular human being, let alone a singular human being who was a wizard of god.

we know for a fact pontius pilate existed. its in recorded history and in stone dug from israel itself, he was the prefect of judea of the period in which jesus allegedly lived. the problem however is there is nothing of jesus in the records when there are jewish figures in the records at the time who were garnering followings and trying to rise against the foreign occupation

its like a belief in hercules as an actual person. greeks from after his existence wrote stories about him. i can't say he was an actual historical figure, its not because of the miraculous deeds he was said to do, its because there is no evidence of his existence outside what people say about him years and centuries later. i have no vested interest in proving he was a real human or a myth, because its not the person but the myths prescribed to them i take issue with.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:37 PM   #132
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Non belief is blind faith that I am wrong about my beliefs.

Fair Jude? Fair?
Old 06-16-2018, 12:37 PM   #133
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Thread blew up

It’s a tldr situation, but I will say on the drive today my wife turned to one of those Christian radio stations that’s always like 91.3 or some shit and the sermon reminded me of Far Cry 5

Every organized religion is equallly fucking batty
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:37 PM   #134
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
just so its known, i hate you guys.

jesus can have existed. thats not a problem, his existence as a human has no bearing on my stance. im stating i think he didn't exist because there is no evidence for it outside what des has already stated. meanwhile there is a ton of recorded history on that direct era. its not a foggy age where no one was writing anything and all we have to go by is one persons work.

that is inherently false.

which is why my hypothesis, that he is a mythical figure created and modeled after other jews who were fighting for their independence from the romans, and spun and created into a religion makes more sense to me than him being an actual singular human being, let alone a singular human being who was a wizard of god.

we know for a fact pontius pilate existed. its in recorded history and in stone dug from israel itself, he was the prefect of judea of the period in which jesus allegedly lived. the problem however is there is nothing of jesus in the records when there are jewish figures in the records at the time who were garnering followings and trying to rise against the foreign occupation

its like a belief in hercules as an actual person. greeks from after his existence wrote stories about him. i can't say he was an actual historical figure, its not because of the miraculous deeds he was said to do, its because there is no evidence of his existence outside what people say about him years and centuries later. i have no vested interest in proving he was a real human or a myth, because its not the person but the myths prescribed to them i take issue with.
This is abject stupidity. Your hypothesis is illogical.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:39 PM   #135
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Why does my shit have to affect your shit?
That’s the entire problem I have with religious folk right there
You take my lack of belief as some sort of affront to your beliefs
philosophy.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:40 PM   #136
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Wrong. It is the other way around.

All I am trying to say (and very simply) is that your mode of operation exists on faith. The same as mine.

Fair? Can we reach this point of agreement? Will you stop fighting this?
Old 06-16-2018, 12:43 PM   #137
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

If you want to break it down to the absolute basics, I suppose I have faith that the sun will rise tomorrow. Basic things like that, I suppose everyone requires faith for. I’ll give you that much.
philosophy.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:43 PM   #138
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
This is abject stupidity. Your hypothesis is illogical.
how so?
Old 06-16-2018, 12:46 PM   #139
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
If you want to break it down to the absolute basics, I suppose I have faith that the sun will rise tomorrow. Basic things like that, I suppose everyone requires faith for. I’ll give you that much.
You have only been given two choices for how you came to be. GOD CREATED THIS or THIS SLOWWWLY EVOLVED.

Both cannot be proven scientifically as neither can be directly observed.

So you have faith that you are right and you have faith that there is no God.

Fair?
Old 06-16-2018, 12:48 PM   #140
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
how so?
First of all you err in history.

Why would the Jews create Jesus? If there was a rebellion and he their leader why would we not have heard about this?

Maybe Jesus was real and he refused to be their king plus he upset the jew cucks who lived off the Roman scraps so they killed him?

Oh wait....

Tags
amen wife biceratop, amen wife hear me rawr, the land before rhyme, tyrannosaurus bicepx, v ruins every thread