Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 06-16-2018, 11:26 AM   #101
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

It's considered historically accurate at this point that Jesus lived, performed healing miracles, exorcised demons, was crucified, rose from the tomb and was seen after by multiple parties.

Tacitus and Josephus attested to Jesus and the histroians that wrote the gospels are considered to be respected and accurate sources of eye witness testimony. The gospel of Luke was dated within 30yrs of Christ's death and Corinthians is dated to within a few years of his death.

As far as historical accuracy the new testament is factually considered the most reliable collection of documented transcripts from the age of antiquity by and large just based off the sheer volume of corroborating documentation. There's literally thousands of transcripts that were discovered parking together the Hebrew transcripts as well as the new testament. Not only are the writings archeologically dated to within decades of Christ's life and death the other sparse collections of academic writings from that age were so few in documented proof and dated to hindreds of years after the information contained in them it's laughable how much more credible the Bible is strictly from an academic stand point. The ONLY reason it is considered with more scrutiny is because it details miraculous events. There are medical miracles defying the natural known laws of science to this day. So miss me w that 2018 caveman logic. Fucking dolt reads a couple aincient Roman textbooks and suddenly is more informed than our present day historical scholars immersed in the research first hand.

If there was factual proof that jesus, christianity and an intelligent designer for the universe DID NOT exist then we wouldn't have some of our most prominent scientists, doctors and theologians still having credible debates on the topic. Honestly the agnostics are losing this debate at present due to all of the recent discoveries in the scientific community.

We get it uh oh u researched ainceint Rome and determined Jesus isn't real because he's a magic fairy tale but 2 years ago you told us all that the meaning of life was to eat pizza rolls and jerk off into your beard and now you're preaching to us about turning your eating habits around and paying women to spend time with you so you'll have to excuse me if I don't take anything you say as genuine or accurate regardless of the conviction in your tone.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:40 AM   #102
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

Bro, no it isn’t.
Admittedly I didn’t read after the first sentence because it’s so incorrect
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:46 AM   #103
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

The "evidence" for Ioesus (no 'J' until 1527 AD) is the new testament. That is it. One 1st century document is the only known document and only one found so far. There is no independent secondary reference at all (the Josephus and Tacitus edits debunked). This is after 150 years of intense searching for 'bible' evidence. The new testament is directly traceable to one person, Saul of Tarsus/Paul the Apostle. The accounts from "other people" are stated to have been given to him. Interestingly, all are written in Hellenic Greek, not Hebrew, something that would be expected coming out of Judea. All historians of the Roman Empire agree there is no account of any Jewish superman rebellion. There are extensive accounts of the general Jewish rebellion against Rome and Roman occupation but no magic freedom activist, at all. Why is the lack of evidence more believable than the preponderance of evidence?
The only historians who are sold on jesus, the man, having existed are the super religious ones
philosophy.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:50 AM   #104
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

The evidence is dubious at best
So, I have to use common sense and examine it
What’s more likely, that a magical dude did all this shit or that someone told a good story?
And I have my answer
philosophy.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:50 AM   #105
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

List your sources, Des.

You are about to have me questioning my entire existence.

Last edited by Amen; 06-16-2018 at 11:53 AM.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:50 AM   #106
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Jude: are you ready for me?
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:52 AM   #107
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

I’m not here to change anyone’s beliefs
I’m just stating mine, and I will post evidence counter to any opinion that people “agree” on the historicity of jesus, the man.
philosophy.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:52 AM   #108
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
Jude: are you ready for me?
I’m guessing no
philosophy.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:53 AM   #109
Ghost1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Gone at entire assistance. You definitely need assistance lol.

And again to Des as I stated previously discreditting it due to miraculous events is just to close minded for me.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:54 AM   #110
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

I truly dislike auto correct.

But - DES, seems you have done a lot of research, I'm just curious as to why?

What lead you to conducting this research? Were you forced in to religion growing up or something?

Legit curious.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:55 AM   #111
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
I’m guessing no
Let me know when you are ready. But just know that if I keep seeing you in here so certainly speaking foolishness as truth I may interject.

This road leads thru me, Jude. Contend with me. Why do you run?
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:55 AM   #112
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Why though?
What miraculous events have you witnessed that leads you to believe that they have ever or could ever occur?
If I told you I could shit out perfectly rolled blunts, I’m guessing you’d need to witness it before just buying it?
philosophy.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:59 AM   #113
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

There’s a reason why I could shit blunts out of my ass in front of your eyes and you still would think it was some kind of magic trick but a story about some other magic tricks that someone wrote down rings true to you and it’s called indoctrination. Not one of you came by your religious beliefs after the age of reason. That’s why people are introduced to religion as young children. Once you hit the age of reason, you won’t buy the bullshit so easily.
philosophy.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:03 PM   #114
Ghost1

I've personally experienced miracles in my own life that I could go into detail on but that wouldn't do us any good here when you are stating you need to personally witness them.

As I said tho there are modern miracles in medicine occurring consistently that defy the natural laws of science to this day.

The cosmological and teleological arguments for intelligent design also make a pretty convincing case for me personally.

If science can make a more probable cause for the creation of the universe and the creation of life then I'd be a little more skeptical to Jesus performing miracles.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:03 PM   #115
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Ok....I think I am going to have to interject.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:05 PM   #116
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Bags, just because science doesn’t know everything doesn’t mean everything misunderstood is miraculous. Take an iPad back to the Middle Ages and people will think it’s fucking magic. It’s not. It’s not understood. To take everything not yet understood and to just label it “god’s work,” is equally close minded to me
philosophy.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:09 PM   #117
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
Bags, just because science doesn’t know everything doesn’t mean everything misunderstood is miraculous. Take an iPad back to the Middle Ages and people will think it’s fucking magic. It’s not. It’s not understood. To take everything not yet understood and to just label it “god’s work,” is equally close minded to me
Isn’t not labeling it Gods work just as, if not more so, close minded?

This idea that God and Science have to be mutually exclusive?
Old 06-16-2018, 12:10 PM   #118
Ghost1

Right ...this is pretty standard line of argument on this tho....

Let's see where veritas wants to take this tho I'm headed to the lake and feel like this exchange has reached the wall that it usually does....I mean sure we could probably go into alot more detail on both sides but like you side the truth is we don't know shit but for now Christianity is the most probable system we have. If science does manage to bridge the gaps of ignorance then I'll be more than willing to take that into consideration but until then praise Jesus.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:11 PM   #119
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

They are mutually exclusive because one is decided after meticulous testing and experimentation and still is never regarded as infallible truth and the other is regarded as infallible truth because someone said it was once
philosophy.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:12 PM   #120
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Anthony I am proud of you today. More so now than ever. Jude spouts off the same tired arguments as fact and then can not answer simple questions.

Let me see if he will engage with me. And if so, will we break any new ground.

Jude has an agenda. Jesus CANT exist.

Tags
amen wife biceratop, amen wife hear me rawr, the land before rhyme, tyrannosaurus bicepx, v ruins every thread