Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 06-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #141
VividEnds

VividEnds VividEnds VividEnds VividEnds VividEnds VividEnds VividEnds VividEnds VividEnds VividEnds VividEnds

If u think modern martial artists aren't trained in grappling, ur a fool
_________
_____
___
_
VividEnds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #142
EtH
Erebus

Battle Record: 6-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

^This. Martial arts today actually teach 'counter MMA', as a way to feel that they have "one upped" the new sport (although, when you've got an elite grappler/wrestler, who is also a professional athlete, it's a different story all together).
EtH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #143
Wise Wiggles
nok Su kow

Battle Record: 1-1

Wise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant future

If you know how to break small joints its all good.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #144
EtH
Erebus

Battle Record: 6-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whys Ways View Post
If you know how to break small joints its all good.
I would love to see a fight take place with small joint locks involved. I train them, but at my level it's just "building blocks". We learn the techniques in a broken up way, so that by the time we reach black belt, we'll be ready to put everything together in a fluid movement. I've seen the black belts using the moves at a seminar, two 3rd Dans as well, but again it was still controlled sparring. I'd like to see how effective they really are when the fight comes up.
EtH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:02 AM   #145
Beyond
Fresh to Death

Battle Record: 12-5

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- BTC Swagger & Flow
- Fall Brawl I
- Fight Night LI
- Fight Night LII
- Fight Night LIII
- Fight Night XXXVI
- Fight Night XXIX
- Fight Night XIX
- Fight Night VIII
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Tag Team
- Battle Arena
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)

Beyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
i hate kobe

but from a realistic standpoint

jordan>kobe

10 years from now?

LEBRON>JORDAN>KOBE>KARL MALONE DA UNDERRATED MAILMANGOD
LeBronze is already disqualified for the 2011 finals. Doubt he wins this year without Stern's help.
Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:37 AM   #146
Cakedout

Battle Record: 0-4

Cakedout is on a distinguished road

I think Bruce lee would lose, You can't believe what a television shows you. They make it seem like ppl who know kung-fu are the smartest & best fighters. Remember it only takes 1 punch to lead to a knock out.
Cakedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:38 AM   #147
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

are you pancake brah if your not your name is misleading and there for it should be changed
God Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:39 AM   #148
Cakedout

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
I would love to see a fight take place with small joint locks involved. I train them, but at my level it's just "building blocks". We learn the techniques in a broken up way, so that by the time we reach black belt, we'll be ready to put everything together in a fluid movement. I've seen the black belts using the moves at a seminar, two 3rd Dans as well, but again it was still controlled sparring. I'd like to see how effective they really are when the fight comes up.
boring
Old 06-16-2013, 01:46 AM   #149
Beyond
Fresh to Death

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- BTC Swagger & Flow
- Fall Brawl I
- Fight Night LI
- Fight Night LII
- Fight Night LIII
- Fight Night XXXVI
- Fight Night XXIX
- Fight Night XIX
- Fight Night VIII
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Tag Team
- Battle Arena
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)

Beyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakedout View Post
I think Bruce lee would lose, You can't believe what a television shows you. They make it seem like ppl who know kung-fu are the smartest & best fighters. Remember it only takes 1 punch to lead to a knock out.
Pretty much.

There's a reason no one's done well with Bruce Lee's martial art in MMA.

In fact, very few have done well with traditional kung fu/Karate/etc.

Only 2 in the sport of MMA that come close are Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida, and Silva is Muay Thai which transitions a lot better than the others.

A more interesting match up would be Ando vs Bruce Lee. Now that fight I think Ando wins 100 times out of 100.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:52 AM   #150
Cakedout

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
i hate kobe

but from a realistic standpoint

jordan>kobe

10 years from now?

LEBRON>JORDAN>KOBE>KARL MALONE DA UNDERRATED MAILMANGOD
Pardon me, But did you just say Jordan > Kobe? Oh I get it, it's all a big joke because you also put Lebron in the same sentence with not only M.j but Kobe.Well I have news for you buddy, You think Jordan got on the phone with Larry and magic back in the day discussing to team up? Nooooo and that's why he will always be considered better than lebron.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:55 AM   #151
Cakedout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond View Post
Pretty much.

There's a reason no one's done well with Bruce Lee's martial art in MMA.

In fact, very few have done well with traditional kung fu/Karate/etc.

Only 2 in the sport of MMA that come close are Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida, and Silva is Muay Thai which transitions a lot better than the others.

A more interesting match up would be Ando vs Bruce Lee. Now that fight I think Ando wins 100 times out of 100.
You don't say, The commander Ando. What about a lil Jet Li vs Bruce lee action?
Old 06-16-2013, 01:56 AM   #152
Beyond
Fresh to Death

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- BTC Swagger & Flow
- Fall Brawl I
- Fight Night LI
- Fight Night LII
- Fight Night LIII
- Fight Night XXXVI
- Fight Night XXIX
- Fight Night XIX
- Fight Night VIII
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Tag Team
- Battle Arena
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)

I could care less who would win out of those two.

Battle of the overrated movie actors.

Throw in Jackie Chan and Tony Jaa for a fatal four way, WWE style.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:57 AM   #153
God Of War
The Landlord

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

beyond you should do a bit of research

jet li actuall won a good amount of things when he was young
Old 06-16-2013, 02:01 AM   #154
Fart
You Next

Battle Record: 1-2

Fart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant future

Movie actors? lol Bruce wasn't an active fighter?
lol what?!? must be troll
Old 06-16-2013, 02:01 AM   #155
Beyond
Fresh to Death

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- BTC Swagger & Flow
- Fall Brawl I
- Fight Night LI
- Fight Night LII
- Fight Night LIII
- Fight Night XXXVI
- Fight Night XXIX
- Fight Night XIX
- Fight Night VIII
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Tag Team
- Battle Arena
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)

@God Of War

So did Joe Rogan.

Don't mean either one could compete with the likes of Anderson Silva or George St. Pierre.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:37 AM   #156
super pimp trillionaire
your ad here

Battle Record: 0-1

super pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant future

ngga MMA didnt exist when Lee was sonnin niggas.
Neither was BOXING anything like the shit we know now.
the question is if instead of being a father to the style suppose Bruce had the advantage of jumping off the shoulders of people like Bruce Lee.

you want to time displace someone.

If you say Bruce at his prime without time displacement then Jones is a non-issue 4 year old. vice versa Bruce is 20-30 years too dead to matter.

stupid right? just as stupid as saying Bruce at his nastiest versus other people at their nastiest who were probably taught by people who were trained by people who were trained by Bruce Lee, and refusing to recognize what you're really looking at. admit it and I'll play time travel make believe time with you. But the nigga is not just famous for saying woooaaaaah. Trainers create trainers, some people in this thread understand that they benefit from Bruce's teachings
kinda like me, ya hero's idol's teacher

aight ya boy is nasty, but he's from a different time.
if your time machine dumped Roy in a sandlot where Bruce was meditating
and God commanded them both to scrap.
Roy is not winning.

BUT ALSO
on the other hand if the time machine dumped Bruce in the middle of a cook-out or whatever junior does to relax... and God said Get em! Roy is not winning.

plus, by 33 bruce was super retired, by 33 roy was absolutely no comparison...

ray used to pay to smack roy around

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...=0&FORM=NVPFVR

oh and heres something I didnt know...
Lee was trained in Wu Tai Chi Chuan (also known as Ng-ga) and Jing Mo Tam Tui for the twelve sets. Lee was trained in the martial arts Choy Li Fut, Western Boxing, Épée fencing, Judo, Praying Mantis Kung-fu, Hsing-I, and Jujitsu.
When Bruce arrived in the US he (already) had training in Wu Style Tai Chi, sometimes in Hong Kong called Ng-ga. And he had of course training in western boxing. He had training in fencing from his brother, that's Epee, that goes from toe to head. He had training obviously in Wing Chun. And the other area was the training he had received in Buk Pie, or Tam Toi, he was twelve sets in Tam Toi. And I believe he had traded with a Choy Li Fut man.
—Danny Inosanto
[cite]Lee, Linda (1989). The Bruce Lee Story. United States: Ohara Publications. ISBN 0-89750-121-7. [/cite]
and don't forget this.
http://www.proboxing-fans.com/the-le...nd-mma_040811/

lmao at this interview dude fuckin up @1:56

bruce a mop roy if he wanted to, and if we had a time machine and God was a stoned college douche and made them fight

cock back the chevy nigga show me if you billet proof

FFC, cohpe wit it bitches...
super pimp trillionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #157
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by super pimp trillionaire View Post
ngga MMA didnt exist when Lee was sonnin niggas.
Neither was BOXING anything like the shit we know now.
the question is if instead of being a father to the style suppose Bruce had the advantage of jumping off the shoulders of people like Bruce Lee.

you want to time displace someone.

If you say Bruce at his prime without time displacement then Jones is a non-issue 4 year old. vice versa Bruce is 20-30 years too dead to matter.

stupid right? just as stupid as saying Bruce at his nastiest versus other people at their nastiest who were probably taught by people who were trained by people who were trained by Bruce Lee, and refusing to recognize what you're really looking at. admit it and I'll play time travel make believe time with you. But the nigga is not just famous for saying woooaaaaah. Trainers create trainers, some people in this thread understand that they benefit from Bruce's teachings
kinda like me, ya hero's idol's teacher

aight ya boy is nasty, but he's from a different time.
if your time machine dumped Roy in a sandlot where Bruce was meditating
and God commanded them both to scrap.
Roy is not winning.

BUT ALSO
on the other hand if the time machine dumped Bruce in the middle of a cook-out or whatever junior does to relax... and God said Get em! Roy is not winning.

plus, by 33 bruce was super retired, by 33 roy was absolutely no comparison...

ray used to pay to smack roy around

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...=0&FORM=NVPFVR

oh and heres something I didnt know...
Lee was trained in Wu Tai Chi Chuan (also known as Ng-ga) and Jing Mo Tam Tui for the twelve sets. Lee was trained in the martial arts Choy Li Fut, Western Boxing, Épée fencing, Judo, Praying Mantis Kung-fu, Hsing-I, and Jujitsu.
When Bruce arrived in the US he (already) had training in Wu Style Tai Chi, sometimes in Hong Kong called Ng-ga. And he had of course training in western boxing. He had training in fencing from his brother, that's Epee, that goes from toe to head. He had training obviously in Wing Chun. And the other area was the training he had received in Buk Pie, or Tam Toi, he was twelve sets in Tam Toi. And I believe he had traded with a Choy Li Fut man.
—Danny Inosanto
[cite]Lee, Linda (1989). The Bruce Lee Story. United States: Ohara Publications. ISBN 0-89750-121-7. [/cite]
and don't forget this.
http://www.proboxing-fans.com/the-le...nd-mma_040811/

lmao at this interview dude fuckin up @1:56

bruce a mop roy if he wanted to, and if we had a time machine and God was a stoned college douche and made them fight

damn naq just SHUT the thread down