Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 09-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #61
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...the Munster View Post
I never understand why ppl say this

its boxing. mayweather is a skilled boxer. if you don't like it, don't watch it

my top five?

my top five ain't gonna be the same as yours, cuz only old person I would have in it is sugar ray robinson

i ain't puttin a bunch of old people that i never really seen box before

but after seeing the docu on robinson and watchin stuff on youtube i can agree with him

then I got in no order

Mike Tyson
Ali
Pernell Whitaker
Roy Jones Jr.

two old people my bad
I wasn't downplaying him at all. Just showing theres two different styles.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #62
...the Nagger

Battle Record: 4-4

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenland View Post
I wasn't downplaying him at all. Just showing theres two different styles.
tru I peeped that after I made my comment towards you but I didn't feel like editing lol
...the Nagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #63
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Tyson is the only boxer who to this day nobody had a chance of beating imo when he was in his prime

like I've never seen a person that in my mind I knew nobody on Earth could beat him. think about that

Nobody on Earth could beat a 19 year old Tyson and it wasn't a secret

I think 19 year old Tyson in the ring with anyone in the history of boxing would get washed basically
In his prime no one could beat him. Only thing that stopped him from being top 5 is it came and went way too fast.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #64
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Tyson is the only boxer who to this day nobody had a chance of beating imo when he was in his prime

like I've never seen a person that in my mind I knew nobody on Earth could beat him. think about that

Nobody on Earth could beat a 19 year old Tyson and it wasn't a secret

I think 19 year old Tyson in the ring with anyone in the history of boxing would get washed basically
I understand that.

And I would have him in my top 5.

But definitely not at the top.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #65
...the Nagger

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future

Quote:
In his prime no one could beat him. Only thing that stopped him from being top 5 is it came and went way too fast.
yea

but I'm not puttin old people in my top five like rocky marciano

I just looked at his career and dude literally has no fights worth mentioning

he beat joe louis in joe louis' final fight

a lot of the ppl he faced in his championship bouts were literal trash cans, with "decent" records but when you go look at who THEY faced, they faced ppl that were like 15-19, 5-3, a few sprinkled in that were like 60-60 in their 40s

but that isn;t impressive. Rocky Marciano should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Mayweather, not the other way around (even though we talkin bout Tyson)

but Tyson can be top five for several reasons

for one, not only does he have 44 KOs, but OVER HALF of them were in the first round

he won the belt at the age of 19 right?

he beat grown men, that were in their physical primes, at the age of 19 son

that's very difficult to do

he beat Michael Spinks (on the path to be a HOFer?) in the first round and ended his entire boxing career
Old 09-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #66
...the Nagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
I understand that.

And I would have him in my top 5.

But definitely not at the top.
word

I can understand the argument tho

if you think Tyson is the best ever I don't think its a bad opinion

because at one point in time he actually, literally was the best boxer ever to fight, and he's a hofer

its this one dude I work with, he swears George Foreman is the best to ever box. I can't even knock his opinion lol
Old 09-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #67
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
yea

but I'm not puttin old people in my top five like rocky marciano

I just looked at his career and dude literally has no fights worth mentioning

he beat joe louis in joe louis' final fight

a lot of the ppl he faced in his championship bouts were literal trash cans, with "decent" records but when you go look at who THEY faced, they faced ppl that were like 15-19, 5-3, a few sprinkled in that were like 60-60 in their 40s

but that isn;t impressive. Rocky Marciano should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Mayweather, not the other way around (even though we talkin bout Tyson)

but Tyson can be top five for several reasons

for one, not only does he have 44 KOs, but OVER HALF of them were in the first round

he won the belt at the age of 19 right?

he beat grown men, that were in their physical primes, at the age of 19 son

that's very difficult to do

he beat Michael Spinks (on the path to be a HOFer?) in the first round and ended his entire boxing career
Really Marciano and Tyson are kinda in the same boat imo. Both of them fought allot of shitty guys to pad their records and by the time they fought for the title all the good guys were old as fuck. Look at Marciano vs. Lewis, Joe Walcott and a bunch of other guys I won't pretend to know. They were all great before but then age hit them. Just like Tyson fought Larry Holmes (most underrated champ in history....forreal) and Spinks. And Marciano's record was 49-0 with 43 KO's. Tyson is 50-6 with 44 KO's and all of Tyson's losses were by KO except for the DQ. Tyson punches hard as fuck but gasses too early and point blank he has no heart. Great highlight reel though.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #68
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

lmao eddie stop acting like fucking mayweather has 46 fights from nothign but beastly boxers cuz he hasnt,,maybe a handful and thats it
God Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #69
...the Nagger

Quote:
Really Marciano and Tyson are kinda in the same boat imo. Both of them fought allot of shitty guys to pad their records and by the time they fought for the title all the good guys were old as fuck. Look at Marciano vs. Lewis, Joe Walcott and a bunch of other guys I won't pretend to know. They were all great before but then age hit them. Just like Tyson fought Larry Holmes (most underrated champ in history....forreal) and Spinks. And Marciano's record was 49-0 with 43 KO's. Tyson is 50-6 with 44 KO's and all of Tyson's losses were by KO except for the DQ. Tyson punches hard as fuck but gasses too early and point blank he has no heart. Great highlight reel though.
Mike Tyson beat better fighters tho. look the fighters up. use wiki. what you need to see is right there

rocky marciano was a fraud. tyson beat ok ppl. marciano beat 2 old hofers and everyone else he faced was on a lower level than ricky hatton

seriously. look up who he faced, and how good the dudes were he faced

Tyson didn't gas. the only fights he gassed in were the fights were he took a beaten for the entire fight

no heart? you see how many times it took buster douglas to blast that fools face over and over before he fell?

no heart? idk what that means or how you would know. cuz he couldn't get off the canvas?

and he stood up against buster douglas but the called the fight anyway @ 9 seconds

he bit holyfield because he is retarded. idk where you get no heart from tho
Old 09-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #70
...the Nagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Of War View Post
lmao eddie stop acting like fucking mayweather has 46 fights from nothign but beastly boxers cuz he hasnt,,maybe a handful and thats it
yea, but do you see the list I showed you of ppl he beat? all IN A ROW?

post who rocky marciano beat. he won't have 11 good opponents, let alone 11 in a row fool
Old 09-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #71
God Of War
The Landlord

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

Quote:
Mike Tyson beat better fighters tho. look the fighters up. use wiki. what you need to see is right there

rocky marciano was a fraud. tyson beat ok ppl. marciano beat 2 old hofers and everyone else he faced was on a lower level than ricky hatton

Tyson didn't gas. the only fights he gassed in were the fights were he took a beaten for the entire fight

no heart? you see how many times it took buster douglas to blast that fools face over and over before he fell?

no heart? idk what that means or how you would know. cuz he couldn't get off the canvas?

and he stood up against buster douglas but the called the fight anyway @ 9 seconds

he bit holyfield cuz he is a monster in the ring

goat easily

no one is better then tyson ever

he can bite people cuz he is tyson rofl
Old 09-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #72
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
yea, but do you see the list I showed you of ppl he beat? all IN A ROW?

post who rocky marciano beat. he won't have 11 good opponents, let alone 11 in a row fool
so cats like archie moore was garbage? he made a list of 100 greatest punchers of all time at number 4 was a world champion and etc

gtfo of here bro
Old 09-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #73
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:

6 of his five losses were by KO or TKO. Compare that to a guy like Ali (a boxer with heart) he got TKO'd once and that was because his corner stopped it. He bit Holyfield because he has no heart and knew he couldn't beat him so he wanted to get media attention and it worked. He's now known as that guy that bit that guy's ear off instead of one of the greatest.
I'm not saying he didn't fight better competition. He did. He's just a quitter. If he kept being serious about boxing and not all of the shit on the side he would easily be top 5.
And what do you mean he doesn't gas? He has asthma lol. Every fight that went longer than five rounds he was gassing.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #74
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
6 of his five losses were by KO or TKO. Compare that to a guy like Ali (a boxer with heart) he got TKO'd once and that was because his corner stopped it. He bit Holyfield because he has no heart and knew he couldn't beat him so he wanted to get media attention and it worked. He's now known as that guy that bit that guy's ear off instead of one of the greatest.
I'm not saying he didn't fight better competition. He did. He's just a quitter. If he kept being serious about boxing and not all of the shit on the side he would easily be top 5.
And what do you mean he doesn't gas? He has asthma lol. Every fight that went longer than five rounds he was gassing.
lmao at sayign he bit someones ear for media attention, one thing tyson has NEVER lacked even long after his career was media attnetion he never needed to seek it to be hoenst so that is a retarded comment bro and tyson fought with rage he had tons of heart..i dont think you really know what having heart means man
Old 09-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #75
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
lmao at sayign he bit someones ear for media attention, one thing tyson has NEVER lacked even long after his career was media attnetion he never needed to seek it to be hoenst so that is a retarded comment bro and tyson fought with rage he had tons of heart..i dont think you really know what having heart means man
What lol. So rage is heart? The random thug that jumps people has heart? They fight with rage do they have heart?
And not media attention meaning 'I'm Mike Tyson pay attention to me . Attention like 'I'm Mike Tyson and I'm crazy don't fuck with me.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #76
...the Nagger

Quote:
lol he's not a quitter, the ko argument you got doesn't hold
Old 09-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #77
...the Nagger

Quote:
so cats like archie moore was garbage? he made a list of 100 greatest punchers of all time at number 4 was a world champion and etc

gtfo of here bro
I mean yea it looks like you just read that on wikipedia but my point is we weren't watchin boxing in the 60s

so all we got is ppls boxing records and accolates

Rocky Marciano doesn't have a good resume at all in any way other than the fact that he finished undefeated against bums and old people

he fought Archie Moore when Archie Moore was 38

Last edited by ...the Nagger; 09-16-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #78
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
What lol. So rage is heart? The random thug that jumps people has heart? They fight with rage do they have heart?
And not media attention meaning 'I'm Mike Tyson pay attention to me . Attention like 'I'm Mike Tyson and I'm crazy don't fuck with me.
no i said he fights with rage and has heart...mike tyson never had to crave media attention he always got it no matter what..right now he has media attention thats a hating attitude bro
Old 09-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #79
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
I mean yea it looks like you just read that on wikipedia but my point is we weren;t w
cuz i know who archie moore is i read it on wikepedia? marciano fought tons of champions dude from all over the world, eoropean champs etc etc...he fought tons of other champions,,,,he had as many if not more big fights as mayweather at the time and age that he boxed..for you to assume so is absurd
Old 09-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #80
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
no i said he fights with rage and has heart...mike tyson never had to crave media attention he always got it no matter what..right now he has media attention thats a hating attitude bro
I'm not hating him. He's of my favorites honestly but not one of the top 5. He was building a persona and he did it successfully. He was feared til people found out he was a quitter lol.