- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

Think about this though

What if we take some of the best site writers and arm them with unforced wordplay so that they could step in before the forced wordplay is seen and just edit that shit to some unforced wordplay? We could maybe train them in advance to recognize the beginning of the force, and intervene!
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:24 AM   #22
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Won’t happen.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:29 AM   #23
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
Think about this though

What if we take some of the best site writers and arm them with unforced wordplay so that they could step in before the forced wordplay is seen and just edit that shit to some unforced wordplay? We could maybe train them in advance to recognize the beginning of the force, and intervene!
Des/ghost 2020
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:29 AM   #24
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
Thanks. I was waiting for uterus pond
LMFAOO
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:30 AM   #25
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

Now accepting contributions from the sites NBLRA members in order to avoid the ban on long gun bars
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:37 AM   #26
Enbombz
Not Joog

Battle Record: 9-5

Enbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
That's true, but there's no debate in this when the evidence is as clear as it is in this case. There's been no decline in gun violence, a lot of them is due to easy access for kids to get to. Less guns and more safety regulations and control is the only option for the future of the US with the stats the past 30 years we're looking at. It takes a serious effort tho, half assing it or negkect won't work.

I've followed this debate closely for over a decad, since I was 15 or so. Went from pro guns and more lenient control to staying as it is here in Norway throughout the years. And that's heavily based on mistakes and crime committed from spontane actions recorded in the US that are not connected to organized crime/gang violence etc. I don't view my country as more special or less than the US, but I'd lie if I said it made sense for any country to continue like before if they were faced with similar issues given the circumstances they deal with today.
The thing you have to remember is most smericsns haven't lost someone to gun violence so they aren't directly effected. Most have guns so your taking something away from the majority without them getting anything back.

If your scared of change, sometimes what feels the safest is to do nothing.
Enbombz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:39 AM   #27
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour joog View Post
Everyone thinks their country is special or different but it's not. What works in one country will work in another give time. if everyone had guns here there'd be more of the same. People are people.
they really aren't though. sure at our base level people are people, but culture plays an enormous factor

like japan being mentioned in this thread. they are a homogeneous culture. i mean hell they were isolationists for the longest, but it bred into them similar ideals, and pride in their nation.

america is different, you can't pretend to think america is like anywhere else. the first bit of "history" we learn is about how we rebelled against our government and "freed" ourselves from tyranny, and that it is our duty to uphold that tradition. we are a "melting pot" and all that nonsense. the problem with a melting pot is the ingredients don't want to mix. thats what takes time. iron melts at a different temperature than copper. etc.

we have swathes of different cultures and it is why we can be so divided

for some it seems like the easiest thing in the world to just say yea ban all guns wtf? because guns aren't a part of their reality. but i grew up with a 357 in my dresser, (my dads) had a 22 rifle and shit when i was like 11. i'd stay over at friends houses as a kid and they had shotguns and shit themselves just from the "hunting" culture. it was nothing. like oh shit thats cool man. we all knew these instruments could take our lives, but so could jumping out the window. it was just another thing

the main irritant in all of this is just the ignorance honestly. whether its a ban on "assault" style weapons because they have a pistol grip, or the belief someone is invincible with a shitty ar-15 because the bullets fly faster than a handguns lol. its just goofy

this is the one issue that could definitely lead to civil war in america.

best case scenario for the left is they ban the manufacture and sale of future weapons, and hell doesn't break loose. worst case scenario, they try to take the millions of "assault style" rifles already on the street, and america as we know it is over
Old 02-24-2018, 09:41 AM   #28
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

also japan has ridiculous restrictions on guns. im pretty sure i read you have to pass written tests as well as shooting training, to get a shotgun lol. the police come to your house once a year to make sure both the gun and the ammo are locked up in different areas, and you have to repeat the tests every three years

it basically makes gun ownership useless.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:17 AM   #29
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Banning anything does nothing
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:58 AM   #30
Enbombz
Not Joog

Enbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
they really aren't though. sure at our base level people are people, but culture plays an enormous factor

like japan being mentioned in this thread. they are a homogeneous culture. i mean hell they were isolationists for the longest, but it bred into them similar ideals, and pride in their nation.

america is different, you can't pretend to think america is like anywhere else. the first bit of "history" we learn is about how we rebelled against our government and "freed" ourselves from tyranny, and that it is our duty to uphold that tradition. we are a "melting pot" and all that nonsense. the problem with a melting pot is the ingredients don't want to mix. thats what takes time. iron melts at a different temperature than copper. etc.

we have swathes of different cultures and it is why we can be so divided

for some it seems like the easiest thing in the world to just say yea ban all guns wtf? because guns aren't a part of their reality. but i grew up with a 357 in my dresser, (my dads) had a 22 rifle and shit when i was like 11. i'd stay over at friends houses as a kid and they had shotguns and shit themselves just from the "hunting" culture. it was nothing. like oh shit thats cool man. we all knew these instruments could take our lives, but so could jumping out the window. it was just another thing

the main irritant in all of this is just the ignorance honestly. whether its a ban on "assault" style weapons because they have a pistol grip, or the belief someone is invincible with a shitty ar-15 because the bullets fly faster than a handguns lol. its just goofy

this is the one issue that could definitely lead to civil war in america.

best case scenario for the left is they ban the manufacture and sale of future weapons, and hell doesn't break loose. worst case scenario, they try to take the millions of "assault style" rifles already on the street, and america as we know it is over
Just excuses though Innit really.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:12 PM   #31
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

it depends on what you think im excusing?

its very easy to stand on the sidelines of an issue and give an opinion when the outcome of your opinion has nothing to do with you.

you also have no vested interest to look into the differing viewpoints so its easier to stand behind your initial premise, espescially when the side you aren't with is alien because you never experienced it.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:23 PM   #32
Enbombz
Not Joog

Quote:
it depends on what you think im excusing?

its very easy to stand on the sidelines of an issue and give an opinion when the outcome of your opinion has nothing to do with you.

you also have no vested interest to look into the differing viewpoints so its easier to stand behind your initial premise, espescially when the side you aren't with is alien because you never experienced it.
Well your excuse is your soo different to everyone else, you can't implement things that others have already done. To the outside world your just another country that is more capable than your making it out to be.

It's not a case of can't, it's a case of won't.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:33 PM   #33
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

We won't, because we are different lol. The right to gun ownership is ingrained in our culture since day 1.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:47 PM   #34
Enbombz
Not Joog

your perceived inability to change doesn't make you different though does it.

You don't even have to look outwardly, look a bit closer to home. Owning slaves was as American as apple pie. shit still changed and people were just as sure as you were it wouldn't.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:58 PM   #35
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by $chein Dolla $ign View Post
Banning anything does nothing
I mean that's demonstrably untrue.

I quite like that US citizens have the right to bear arms though, and of course to any normal human being it's simply a way to feel more secure in your home or w.e just don't give them out to any old raving lunatic. Psychological assessments seem like a rational idea. A gun is extremely dangerous in the wrong hands...I think more work needs to be done to keep them out of those hands.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:08 PM   #36
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour joog View Post
your perceived inability to change doesn't make you different though does it.

You don't even have to look outwardly, look a bit closer to home. Owning slaves was as American as apple pie. shit still changed and people were just as sure as you were it wouldn't.
nonsense, it was something like 1.5 percent of americans at the HEIGHT of slavery owning slaves. it was never a RIGHT to own a slave. meanwhile 42 percent of households right now own a firearm. then you gotta look at the fact something like 80 percent of americans live in big cities, and alot of those bigger cities have the most restrictions and liberal gun policies because they are full of liberals, hence less gun ownership. (at least legally)

so guns are everywhere

lets pretend its not a "won't"

"can't" still is a pretty big factor in the matter when you try and lay out any plan for actually taking guns from americans who already have them. again, its the thing that will lead to a civil war.

its THE SECOND MOST IMPORTANT THING in our entire history behind being able to freely express yourself.

the only thing more american is freedom of speech, and our right to bear arms is a major factor in upholding that freedom as well as the rest
Old 02-24-2018, 01:12 PM   #37
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post

I quite like that US citizens have the right to bear arms though, and of course to any normal human being it's simply a way to feel more secure in your home or w.e just don't give them out to any old raving lunatic. Psychological assessments seem like a rational idea. A gun is extremely dangerous in the wrong hands...I think more work needs to be done to keep them out of those hands.
these are the type of arguments i can absolutely agree with

it just gets hairy when we begin to define what type of mental disorders or psychological factors keep you from acquiring a weapon. simple depression? or full blown bipolar disorder? simple anxiety? etc.

its just strange espescially when we look at the case of the latest incident, laws that are already in place could have stopped this from happening numerous times, but inaction and incompetence led to it actually going down. but lets put more laws in place when we can't even enforce those already in place?

its goofy
Old 02-24-2018, 02:23 PM   #38
Enbombz
Not Joog

Quote:
nonsense, it was something like 1.5 percent of americans at the HEIGHT of slavery owning slaves. it was never a RIGHT to own a slave. meanwhile 42 percent of households right now own a firearm. then you gotta look at the fact something like 80 percent of americans live in big cities, and alot of those bigger cities have the most restrictions and liberal gun policies because they are full of liberals, hence less gun ownership. (at least legally)

so guns are everywhere

lets pretend its not a "won't"

"can't" still is a pretty big factor in the matter when you try and lay out any plan for actually taking guns from americans who already have them. again, its the thing that will lead to a civil war.

its THE SECOND MOST IMPORTANT THING in our entire history behind being able to freely express yourself.

the only thing more american is freedom of speech, and our right to bear arms is a major factor in upholding that freedom as well as the rest
The problem is guns have changed. The changes produce different results. You could learn a lot from the guns.

The amendment isn't a reflection of the time we are living in. If you look at the lay of the land of those times. You had a reason for everyone to have guns before the right to them. Now your right to a gun comes before reason.

I'm not saying you should have guns or shouldn't, but you can't expect change without trying to do things differently. Just because you give an inch doesn't mean you'll lose a mile.

You gotta come up with something better than arming teachers though. That's idea is literally retarded
Old 02-24-2018, 02:27 PM   #39
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post

Any evidence of banning things working?
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:38 PM   #40
Enbombz
Not Joog

A child hasn't choked on a kinda egg toy since the ban.