Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 11-13-2013, 02:44 AM   #1
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future
Default I've not really watched The Wire.. Neither have I really thought about how far the writers went to make it as authentic as possible either until I read this..

Quote:
The former Baltimore mayor Kurt Schmoke, an advocate of drug decriminalization, has a small role as the city’s health commissioner; the character works with a police commander who creates an experimental zone, which the street kids call Hamsterdam, where drug users won’t be arrested. The former Republican governor of Maryland Robert Ehrlich shows up as a state trooper on the governor’s detail in a scene where the Democratic mayor of Baltimore comes to Annapolis to ask for a bailout. People whom Simon reported on appear in cameos as city clerks, drug counsellors, corner boys, hired muscle. “These jokes don’t impair anyone else’s viewing,” Simon explained. “But when Kurt Schmoke advocates for drug decriminalization as the city health commissioner, there’s an extra kick for the locals. But here’s the other thing: these are faces you don’t see on television, the faces and voices of the real city.”

Simon is an authenticity freak. He said, “I’m the kind of person who, when I’m writing, cares above all about whether the people I’m writing about will recognize themselves. I’m not thinking about the general reader. My greatest fear is that the people in the world I’m writing about will read it and say, ‘Nah, there’s nothing there.’ ”
And this;

Quote:
Filming on city streets in marginal neighborhoods carries its peculiar risks and rewards. On one occasion, a car involved in a high-speed chase smashed into one of the actors’ cars, and everybody had to dive out of the way. Another time, a man got shot yards away, staggered onto the set trailing blood, and was treated by the show’s medic. Once, a man pressed a package of heroin into the hands of Andre Royo, the actor who plays the sympathetic junkie and police informant Bubbles, saying, “Man, you need a fix more than I do.” Royo refers to that moment as his “street Oscar.”
Fuck, I know I'm waaaaaaaaay late on this shit, but I think I've really missed out on something tbh. This info is crazy af.

Source: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...?currentPage=2

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:11 AM   #2
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Battle Record: 16-26

Chyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant future

Face palm your soul for all eternity you heathenous mound of desolate afterbirth. The wire is top ten show that you haven't heard about smh

I know the ledge, his sister's a jumpoff
Chyeahhh!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:17 AM   #3
Masaii

How haven't you watched it yet? Season 1 and 3 the best. Season 4 and 5 were good but not the best. Season 2 was a bit of a stinker, the whole dockyard storyline wasn't as good as the ghetto.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:27 AM   #4
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Season 4 is my favorite. and The Wire is my favorite drama ever.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:03 AM   #5
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyeahhh Guevara View Post
That you haven't heard about smh
I've heard about it, just thought it was overhyped 'till now. Guess it's a classic example of hype aversion tbh... Better late than never, right?

And I've seen some eps here and there, but never cared enough to actually get into the plot etc. Fuck me for sleeping on it..

Old 11-13-2013, 04:08 AM   #6
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
I've heard about it, just thought it was overhyped 'till now. Guess it's a classic example of hype aversion tbh... Better late than never, right?

And I've seen some eps here and there, but never cared enough to actually get into the plot etc. Fuck me for sleeping on it..
If you don't watch every episode in order while actually paying attention, you might as well not watch at all.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:36 AM   #7
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
If you don't watch every episode in order while actually paying attention, you might as well not watch at all.
Word. But I got to inform you that if you were in the assumption that I was alone when I was watching some random episode you were wrong. Contrary to popular belief I am actually not a loner, and I do in fact take TV-series and movies seriously.. I just never thought that The Wire seemed to be as great as people claimed from what little I did see of it. But as new information come to light I got to give it a second chance and my original post is a strong indicator that I wont be disappointed.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #8
Suthaveli
Prayers won't help.

Battle Record: 7-9

Suthaveli has a brilliant futureSuthaveli has a brilliant futureSuthaveli has a brilliant futureSuthaveli has a brilliant futureSuthaveli has a brilliant futureSuthaveli has a brilliant futureSuthaveli has a brilliant futureSuthaveli has a brilliant futureSuthaveli has a brilliant futureSuthaveli has a brilliant futureSuthaveli has a brilliant future

yea, it was really real. a lot of everything that hspprn was during the 90's. I believe ny had a 0 tolerance wave in like 95ish or so causing many of them to migrate dwn to bmore. it was cool until they started trying to take over blocks, steal doods girls & go balls wall hard being stick up artist. Bmore heads pretty much wanted to put a stop to that. many of the characters portray are real people in bmore.

my parents tried to keep us out of it but w. the schools I went to I've always had reasons to be in the city.
Suthaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #9
...the Nagger

Battle Record: 4-4

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future

man don't even watch season 2

season 2 is why it can never be the best show ever
...the Nagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
Strikta
39 NS, lost in votes once

Battle Record: 32-40

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Strikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant future

Ppl sleep on season 2 & how it shows how the Greek operates.

The whole show is very authentic.

Thinking bout going to Fayette & copping right now.
Strikta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #11
...the Nagger

Battle Record: 4-4

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future

I appreciate season 2 and as it was going on ppl hated it and I tried to watch it

Season 2 is appreciated but not needed
...the Nagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #12
Strikta

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Strikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant future

I think it's very much needed.

It's a vital part of Baltimore & what makes the city go.

It's how the Greek got the heroin into the city to Prop Joe... then to Marlo.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #13
Frank Metts

Battle Record: 0-1

Frank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant future

If you want to see super duper authentic, watch HBO's mini series called the corner ... The wire is real, but the corner is the best look you can get into the bmore drug epidemic.

For real the corner is better then the wire
Frank Metts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #14
Fame

Fame is an unknown quantity at this point

The wire was dope
I heard they were suppose to make another season
Acouple years back.
Fame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #15
Frank Metts

Frank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame View Post
The wire was dope
I heard they were suppose to make another season
Acouple years back.
Nah, my dad worked on the wire ( I think all 5 seasons, real talk ) the series is done has been ... He been working on that new HBO show veep the last couple years ... He loved working on the wire, he's on of the transportation dept heads now
Old 11-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #16
Fame

Fame is an unknown quantity at this point

Tru, that's dope he worked for the show
Fame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #17
Frank Metts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame View Post
Tru, that's dope he worked for the show
http://m.imdb.com/name/nm1991180/fil...nX20department

Yeah they only list him on shows he was the dept head/lead for which is sad because he's worked on soooo many movies including like enemy of the state, for richer or poorer hell just about anything in the pa,va,dc,md and some NY stuff

He met method man and called me like " hey you like rap have you ever head of Clifford smith " and I was like nah ... Then like a week later I found out Clifford is meths real name smh
Old 11-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #18
Ghost1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

The corner w/ andre er whatever? Cmb?

That was ill.

This series has been on my potential playlist for years ive just never had the oplurtunity.....its not on netflix.....library dont got it.....im def not buying it....till i see it ne ways

U think i could torrent the seasons pretty quickly?
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #19
Frank Metts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bags Payne View Post
The corner w/ andre er whatever? Cmb?

That was ill.

This series has been on my potential playlist for years ive just never had the oplurtunity.....its not on netflix.....library dont got it.....im def not buying it....till i see it ne ways

U think i could torrent the seasons pretty quickly?
My brother has the only DVD copy I have ever seen in my life and he bought It years ago, I've seen in on amazon etc and I'm not sure about the torrent but it's the best mini series I've ever watched ... Shit is hosted by Roc ? The old bald black dude from bmore not Dwayne Johnson lol
Old 11-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #20
Strikta

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Metts View Post
If you want to see super duper authentic, watch HBO's mini series called the corner ... The wire is real, but the corner is the best look you can get into the bmore drug epidemic.

For real the corner is better then the wire
DeAndre that dude.

PINK TOPS IN THE HOLE YALL!