Old 02-17-2014, 10:46 AM   #1
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future
Default any of you write for real?

like english

i don't know what regular writing is called. but word if any of you do that let me know in here

im finally starting to organise my thoughts, write them down, and am gonna write my series of epic fantasy novels.

my problem is i never passed a high school level english class

so i need an editor.

in an ideal world i would write out the whole book and send a chapter or chapters at a time, in which someone who knows what they are doing, can RE-WRITE it all. not like just fix spelling, but actually write it and restructure it so it doesnt look like a retard wrote it.

just gauging interest really. i usually hound richard corey for this type of shit but he's too busy writing for a living to mess with a degenerate like me

i plan on this being my lifes work, so there is absolutely no rush, if i have to pay per chapter/section of editing/rewriting i will.

would any of you with a writing background be interested, and what type of pay would be acceptable per how many words/chapters or whatever
Old 02-17-2014, 10:47 AM   #2
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

@Certain
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:52 AM   #3
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

I WILL AUDIO TRANSCRIBE THE NEXT BOOK OF SHA'BAT WHEN IT IS READY
Old 02-17-2014, 10:52 AM   #4
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

I could do it for sure, writing is all I do.

This rhyming stuff is just for fun on the side.

I have no qualifications or anything like that though.

Certain is definitely your guy, it's his profession, and he is much less lazy/less likely to be too high to help you 80% of the time.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #5
Seyance
-

Battle Record: 0-4

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night VII

Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
I he is much less lazy/less likely to be too high to help you 80% of the time.
i'm the complete opposite.
i'm a leave these niggas leaking like i'm julian assange.
Seyance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #6
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyance View Post
i'm the complete opposite.
Are you one of those lucky souls who can write while high?

I can't....I get all my best ideas when I'm high, but I have to wait until I am not high anymore before giving enough of a fuck to actually write them down, and usually by that time it is just a vague memory of what was originally a mind bending concept.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:51 AM   #7
Seyance
-

Battle Record: 0-4

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night VII

Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
Are you one of those lucky souls who can write while high?

I can't....I get all my best ideas when I'm high, but I have to wait until I am not high anymore before giving enough of a fuck to actually write them down, and usually by that time it is just a vague memory of what was originally a mind bending concept.
naa, not at all.. i can always think of shit to write when i'm high, but when i start to write i also start to think why am i writing, i'm high.. then i stop and forget it all.

and i second the @oats mention.
i'm a leave these niggas leaking like i'm julian assange.
Seyance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #8
Lars
PROVEN BITER

Battle Record: 5-0

Champed
- The Winter Topical

Lars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant future

yeah only @Certain is the guy i know around here

i'm pretty good

but i charge
Old 02-17-2014, 11:46 AM   #9
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Just saw @oats....he could probably give you some help too, he's a teacher and stuff so he knows his shit.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:01 PM   #10
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

word bros

its gonna be a little while before i have any actual writings, like book wise to be looked over.

my main hurdle is there is at least 13 seperate nations involved. the problem is, i need to put names to these nations, i need to put names to the leaders, i need to develop there entire economies, i need to develop there lands, i need to develop there relations with every other nation, and stuff like that.

i want to have detailed references for every nation, and then detailed references for every character, at least the main characters of that nation, too. so when im writing i have a clear view of the landscape

cuz as it stands for example, one nation is near ruin. it has a disastrous trade agreemenet with the nation to the south, its in a constant state of war/raiding with a state to the east/northeast, and is surrounded by rivers and mountains. its farm land cant support its growing population and civil unrest is at an all time high with an all out war amongst the crime factions in the city vying for control of the slums.

like i know everything i want to do with that nation, i know its fate, i know all of its interctions with all the other nations

i just can't start writing about it until i figure out the name of that nation, the name of its leader. the name of the crime bosses. the names of there underlings. the names of the nations they war with. the names of the rivers and mountains on there border

all that shit.

thats not what i need help tho i can figure that all out. im just saying i want to have in depth backgrounds on everything BEFORE i begin actually writing. so once i have that done, then i will be looking for someone to help me edit and present the story im spinning in a professional manner that comes across as literate lol
Old 02-17-2014, 12:24 PM   #11
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

have you ever read Gormenghast?

if your lore is going to be that deep you should probably start making notes. don't retcon. it sucks. or foreshadow too heavily -- my two pence.

i mean i'd help but yea i'm not qualified and i'm still a student so i would probably just put it off then not do it. Certain's probably the guy as everyone is saying.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #12
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

I could lend a hand, but be aware I'm prone to procrastination.

If there's any advice I'm able to give, it's to read a lot. That's the surefire way to figure out what works and what doesn't work. From what it sounds like, I think you could def stand to gain from reading the Hobbit and the Silmarillion by Tolkien, then see how all of that backstory found its way (or didn't) into LOTR.

what age group is this aimed at? is it like young adult fiction or more along the lines of fantasy for all ages? @Totoro might be a good mind to leverage as well, I think he's more familiar with this type of genre than I am.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:36 PM   #13
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

as far as actually getting the writing done, which is no question that hardest part of writing (sitting down), carve out an hour a day and write daily on a scheduled time. That's been the most helpful strategy for me personally.

might not be the best analogy for you from how you speak about yourself, but think of it like working out. some days, you're in the zone and you have great workouts - some days, you're tired and don't really feel like it and you have shitty workouts. But you still gotta go and get it over with. There will be plenty of days where you don't feel like writing/uninspired/whatever and you start writing and it's shit, but you just gotta get through it for the sake of doing it.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #14
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Praise be to sha baat
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:49 PM   #15
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

Old 02-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #16
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

word oats

its gonna be for adults, i mean teens and stuff can read it but its gonna be closer to game of thrones than chronicles of narnia lol

ive read a decent amount of fantasy, i always thought tolkien was the worst tho. the most boring writer of all time i could never get into the books id get a few chapters in and want to hang myself. but ive read them shannara books i forget who did those, ive read the song of ice and fire obviously, ive read the assassin novels by robin hobb and her other works, i've read alot of raymond feist and other terrible fantasy lol. a bunch iof the wheel of time books and stuff like that

thats a whole other thing i have to worry about too, is religion and gods for each people, but again really all i have to change are names i am loosely basing it off a time period of antiquity so the nations im loosely basing my nations around i will adapt there gods. but those are more names i have to think of

as far as "lore" or whatever im not delving too deep tho. this is fantasy only because its a made up world, but i plan for it to be as real as possible, the fantastical elements are purely gonna revolve around the peoples understanding of natural things. like any sorcerors are gonna be like alchemists/scientists. they aint mystically conjuring demons or any of that gay shit. no dragons. no zombies. just men and beasts. im gonna have them come into contact with chimps, and think they are demons or satyrs, like romans actually thought when they came across them. babboons will be like goblin like things, coming and stealing babies in the night

that type of shit

but no dragons, no wizardry nothing like that

just sword and shield, politics, and ignorance
Old 02-17-2014, 01:00 PM   #17
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

i look at tolkien like curtis blow. hip hop needed him. and at the time i'm sure he was awesome. there is even some stuff that i can enjoy today.

but i cant bump a curtis blow album in 2014. like i can't read tolkien in 2014. its boring.

just a stepping stone in the evolution of something greater
Old 02-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #18
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

I feel you. I hated the LOTR books, but I really loved the Hobbit. I haven't read much in the genre though.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:10 PM   #19
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

the problem with fantasy is its mostly trash

the wheel of time is really solid for awhile, but then got boring because the dude never finished it off, he just kept spinning more storylines into it until he died. and now some other dude is finishing the books so i havent cared really.

patrick rothfuss has a couple solid books out. the kingkiller chronicles or trilogy or whatever. that and the song of ice and fire (game of thrones) are probably the best out

but even they are over the top with fantasy elements. i want to stay away from that

like how every fantasy book has some dread lords type evil, the evil i want to portray is MAN.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #20
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Does journalism count, though? English majors would say it doesn't.

Tags
viking walls itt