Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 07-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #161
Malachi
Negus

Battle Record: 5-10

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Malachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Malachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig faby View Post
close this garbage, PMs or Skype him you scrawny faggot
My bad this aint another thread you can be unfunny in.

Just dont enter . thanks
Old 07-17-2014, 06:57 PM   #162
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
@uh-oh

you know the step sequencer? u can make it longer. will ther ever be a reason to do that?
absolutely

i make most my beats in 4 bar sections, the default is 1 bar. you basically in the top left, click and scroll up to "16"

that makes the step sequencer 16 beats in length

4 beats = 1 bar

16 beats = 4 bars

i do it like this because i can make a whole 1/4 of the verse basically, or half a hook, with one pattern. instead of 4 individual patterns

but yea its all basic math

4 beats = 1 bar

8 beats = 2 bars

16 beats = 4 bars

shit man i promise i'll make a more in depth vid. i'll drop something 2 hours long if i have to and cover the majority of everything

then when you got a question i can point you to a specific time in the video too if needed

im gonna use sound forge as well in the vid, i cant chop in FL like i like to where i can save all the chops i take individually as wavs in an outside folder

but yea word
Old 07-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #163
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Malachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
when you time stretch a chop, look at your options, its not just 1 bar

its

1 beat
2 beats
1 bar
2 bar
3 bar
4 bar

so if you take a longer chop, 4 bars in length, when you click the drop down, dont hit "1 bar" that will make it sped up, put it on the 4 bar option

you are telling the program how long it is basically.

this works with the other lengths as well

if you want a 2 beat chop (half of 1 bar is 2 beats) you only take a 2 beat chop, instead of a whole 1 bar chop.

those options are whats available

you can take any size chop you want. about as small as you will ever chop is a half of a beat.

thats like a 1 bar chop cut in 8 even pieces. there is no preset for that in the dropdown, and that lesson is for another day

but basically you can timestretch all the lengths i listed above in the timestretch drop down when you right click the time knob

i might have a 1 bar loop 12 time and then have a 4 bar loop take it into a hook/chorus section.

you can do any combination of chop lengths to arrange sample chops to make your own shit, or to vibe with the sample
so yo i tried this shit

and had like marked 2 chops on the sample but i thought itd be easier to work wit the 2 bar way. so i delete the middle marker to make it a selection of a two bar chop then i put that in the step sequencer and then i selected 2 bars and tonal. the shit was still over lappin?
Old 07-17-2014, 07:17 PM   #164
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

ion think i like the way this one goin the chops uglyy lol at first i thought they sound nice n shit
Old 07-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #165
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
so yo i tried this shit

and had like marked 2 chops on the sample but i thought itd be easier to work wit the 2 bar way. so i delete the middle marker to make it a selection of a two bar chop then i put that in the step sequencer and then i selected 2 bars and tonal. the shit was still over lappin?
did you make the step sequencer 2 bars too?

change the thing in the corner to "8" so its like twice as long, with 8 beats instead of 4?
Old 07-17-2014, 10:20 PM   #166
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

No ones trying to be funny

This shit isn't rocket science. Stoner college dropouts learn this shit between double-shifts at Dunks. Take some initiative
Old 07-17-2014, 11:01 PM   #167
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig faby View Post
No ones trying to be funny

This shit isn't rocket science. Stoner college dropouts learn this shit between double-shifts at Dunks. Take some initiative
Fuck out my thread dude lol

There's people here who do this shit so why not ask them about it.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:34 PM   #168
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

BECAUSE IT TAKES UP ROOM ON MY POOR MAN MOBILE SCREEN

HAVE U NO HEART
Old 07-18-2014, 06:44 AM   #169
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

sig faby get out

this is hands down the best thread on this site
Old 07-19-2014, 04:44 PM   #170
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

@uh-oh

been working on this

https://soundcloud.com/prophetmt/no-more @ 70 tempo

i wanted to see if i could tie in vocals whihc was 4 bars for the intro and added drums to it.

not sure if i over did it wit drums or not cause it kinda felt empty without what i have now but word.

what you think

Last edited by Malachi; 07-19-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:46 PM   #171
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Quote:
absolutely

i do it like this because i can make a whole 1/4 of the verse basically, or half a hook, with one pattern. instead of 4 individual patterns

word that seems way simpler for putting it together . ill be tryin this
Old 07-19-2014, 04:49 PM   #172
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
@uh-oh

been working on this

https://soundcloud.com/prophetmt/no-more

i wanted to see if i could tie in vocals whihc was 4 bars for the intro and added drums to it.

not sure if i over did it wit drums or not cause it kinda felt empty without what i have now but word.

what you think

That's dope for real. Feeling it.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:06 PM   #173
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mind Assassin View Post
That's dope for real. Feeling it.
thanks man
Old 07-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #174
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

I like a lot about that. But what's up with all the skipping?
Old 07-19-2014, 05:46 PM   #175
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
I like a lot about that. But what's up with all the skipping?
i see what u mean, lol idk ill fix it tho
Old 07-19-2014, 05:59 PM   #176
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

dope, i dig it yo

that main part of the beat is dope, before that tho, the section after the part with vocals, its either the drums in the sample, i think so anyways, not lining up right so toward the end of the chop or whatever its a little off

but i dig that yo

really coming along, getting structure and such down

keep bangin em out
Old 07-19-2014, 08:30 PM   #177
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Quote:
dope, i dig it yo

that main part of the beat is dope, before that tho, the section after the part with vocals, its either the drums in the sample, i think so anyways, not lining up right so toward the end of the chop or whatever its a little off

but i dig that yo

really coming along, getting structure and such down

keep bangin em out
yeah i peeped that while i was workin on it think its the sample. ill fix it

word
Old 07-24-2014, 05:52 PM   #178
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

@uh-oh

showin u what ive been workin wit

https://soundcloud.com/prophetmt/rough

was 93 tempo

prolly got to fix up the drums, i always feel the transition to one part isnt smooth like its abrupt like what do you think?
Old 07-26-2014, 01:44 AM   #179
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

@uh-oh

https://soundcloud.com/prophetmt/rough

kinda done wit it ig.
on the outro i furged out how to fade out the sample an shit

but yea whats thinkk
Old 07-26-2014, 02:10 AM   #180
DLB
COLTS GANG

Battle Record: 5-6

DLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-level

you're getting good at this @Malachi
DLB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
become one w/ buttplug, lower tier scissorfags, meth induced tutorial, stole swamp things walkman, the zen of sodomy and cake