Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 02-21-2018, 03:49 AM   #1
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future
Default 2 More beats for my City and Colour tribute album.

https://soundcloud.com/isaac-meyer-3/comin-home
https://soundcloud.com/isaac-meyer-3/if-i-should-go
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:54 AM   #2
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

lmfao... these muh fuckers are gon be BANGERS when i record on'em.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:15 AM   #3
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

make that 3.

https://soundcloud.com/isaac-meyer-3/always-been-dark
Old 02-21-2018, 05:41 AM   #4
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

1st one sucked, IMO. Couldn't rock too it.

2nd one was ok. Kind of enjoyed it but again, wouldn't be able to rock to it. Takes a much slower flow to successfully execute.

3rd one is your best one, IMO as far as preference however the pauses in the beginning were off to me.

2 out of the 3 were decent to good tho.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:43 AM   #5
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Oh yea, please change that terrible picture as well. It's really gay and off putting.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:20 AM   #6
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Lol that picture is legendary by now. I did it as a joke signing up for Google circles ages ago. Since then every email, beat, or anything I use with my Gmail account has that pictures. I've sent that picture to so many jobs with my resume probably. Lol

I already have a song written to the second beat you were talking about needing a slow flow. I've got 3 different cadences I wanna layer over in segments. It's gonna be craaaaazy.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:24 AM   #7
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Lastly, the pauses in the last beat are my favorite part because to the average listener, yeah it's off putting. But to the MC those are beautiful. They help with the flow so much. Already got a half verse started so I can catch it again later.

Appreciate the looks.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:05 AM   #8
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

i don't know what happened to you honestly. for like 10 years straight you made 0 progression. i'd feed your beats and tracks and it'd be like speaking to an abyss. you'd take the criticism usually, and id be like ok maybe this time it stuck. then you'd post another beat or track and there was no progression at all. don't get me wrong i wasn't expecting you to follow my every critique, because at the end of the day all the critiquing is, is input of how someone else views it could be better. but alot of the time it was cuz you were using generic sounds, playing in generic patterns, and it was all just mediocre. it worked but inspired no feeling. with writing and rapping you were the same way, it was just simple and cookie cutter. but lately i've noticed at least you stepping up the rhyming and being better, your flow is still straight forward and simple for lack of a better term tho, and these types of beats kind of accentuate the simplicity.

so thats my only real critique for you moving forward, when you're doing these slower trap style(ish) beats, you don't want just the average finny flow, you can utilize it but mix it up. i'd study royce if i were you. his flows are his strongest point. people love his pen game, and he is an upper echelon writer, but his flows are ridiculous. compare his shits on any track where he's collabing with someone. he tends to ride the hihats to the snares. which in trap beats if you're going for dope bars and shit is a must, otherwise you might as well dumb it way down with some lean drinking and moan and other gay shit lol. but i mean yea you can get sporadic and shit

like that last beat is more boom bap than trap though, im digging the drums, i would just layer in a fatter snare and kick. you kind of have a clean kick layered in and the snare is thin. but when using break drums like that, all you need from them is the "air" around em. the enviornment that lends the sound to them. but word if you just put a fat snare over top, and a beefier dirty kick as well, it'd get it to really slap and stand out.

but what i meant to say about that third beat, the same way you drop the sample as a beatmaker, you can drop your flows when rapping on beats. if your on a trap beat you can let it breathe and come in sporadic on it in a similair way the beats drop out. if that makes any sense

i dunno, but yea i thought all these were cool and as good as your recent ones, where i've noticed the elevation.

keep banging out findawg. some time these past couple years you finally got out of your usual and stepped up big time
Old 02-21-2018, 08:07 AM   #9
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

but yea im just waking up so im not sure if i was clear or not reading back

me saying you made no progression was in reference to 06-16. everything seemed the same level of finny. a beat here or there was better then the rest but most were meh

but these past couple years you made a leap into being a helluva lot better
Old 02-21-2018, 03:13 PM   #10
2tripple0
death warmed over

Battle Record: 6-21

2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0

will peep this later...
Old 02-21-2018, 04:28 PM   #11
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

https://soundcloud.com/isaac-meyer-3/what-makes-a-man
Old 02-21-2018, 04:44 PM   #12
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

fuck with the second one the most
boof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:04 PM   #13
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Quote:
Originally Posted by boof View Post
fuck with the second one the most
Thanks homie
Old 02-21-2018, 11:29 PM   #14
The Dead Poet

The Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant future

first one sucked dick.

Second one is dope. It's in dire need of some better change ups. I know you're working with one song samples....but when i find a sample I like that doesn't have a whole lot to work with I'll go find something and tune it to fit. This one is dope, but it get real repetitive. Etiher needs to be 2 min less or needs to have some change ups.

Third is cool too. I like dropping out the volume out, think it be cool to have the clap hit before you bring it back instead of the kick. Again this is suffering from no change ups.

Fourth is kind of meh. Your programed bass sounds clean. The hand drums need to either be turned down significantly or taken out. This is actually working, it's just not really my style. The bass is the best part of it.

word to what jim beez said. I felt the same way about you. I remember when you raving to us about how good one of your sampled beats were back in the day, think it was a zeplin sample and we laughed saying you're not really changing shit. I shazamed your beat and the thing you sample popped up lol. It was frustrating telling you to scuff up your shit because it came off keyboardish and gaming like. Just all sounded stock. But word, everything i've heard from you as of late has been miles better. So good shit. Also if you're planning on doing this tape you're talking about....take all these off and stop sharing them with us lol. Wait till it's done.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:51 PM   #15
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

The beat tape may be something I drop later on. I was thinking I was gonna do a solo project but I'm getting a lot of pressure from my friends to get on this with me. I'm thinking of just hosting this then, like it'd be my album but Dre style where I may not even be rapping on some of it.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:56 PM   #16
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

The one y'all are all saying you don't care for is probably my favorite one strangely enough. You gotta wait for that one to get at least through the first verse if you're not feeling the sample when it comes in. My favorite part about that whole beat is the mini guitar lick I grabbed. LMAO

But word, thanks for all the looks and the talk about me elevating. I think it's the samples carrying me. While I'm using all the same tricks, having a full understanding and appreciation for the original songs helps me not only picking better samples but also being more familiar with the material and getting the most from it. I've never sampled a single artist this many times let alone trying to keep the original feel on a lot of them. Couple of these I've loved the original song so much I didn't wanna pitch the sample at all and rolled with the original tempo.

Also weird thing I've noticed, but maybe might not make sense. He plays in all my favorite keys. He's got whole songs where he actually does his chord progression like I would. To where, I'm trying to figure his key and I'm like "is it this? Ok, yeah first try. Now what's his next chord? Same one I would have."

It's fucking weird I tell you. It's like lyrically, when I listen to him I'm hearing me. His original songs are soft, folk, blues, and he talks about depression a LOT. Dude has a song about sleep apnea... Like wtf. So he's helped me a lot. Then I find we write the same kind of songs in the same keys? IT'S FUCKING WEIRD BRO.

It's been really easy to just gangster his shit up a little bit.

Last edited by Finnydot; 02-22-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:55 AM   #17
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
Oh yea, please change that terrible picture as well. It's really gay and off putting.

Youve got some nerve young glossy
Old 02-22-2018, 04:32 AM   #18
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Stfu, junky.