Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 5 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 10-29-2015, 02:34 PM   #261
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)
- Lime Green Poetry Association

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

*looks around, doesn't see playoffs starting yet. Walks back out*
Old 10-29-2015, 02:39 PM   #262
Razah
rockkFresh

Battle Record: 8-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Razah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant future

petty.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:42 PM   #263
Razah
rockkFresh

Battle Record: 8-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Razah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDK View Post
*looks around, doesn't see playoffs starting yet. Walks back out*
Lol, that's how I feel.

It's pretty cool having a guaranteed play off spot.

*disappears*
Old 10-29-2015, 03:41 PM   #264
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

@Mr. J, what happened with the mag?

Last edited by UnbornBuddha; 10-29-2015 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:51 PM   #265
timeless
past tense

Battle Record: 22-39

timeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
Pretty sure this is week 15 so next week would be the final week

And no timeless. A rule is to keep your verse under 650 words which he did not.

48 lines or 650

So you can't post 651 with out permission from competitor but you can go over 48 as long as it's less then 651. This has been known for years, how about not pushing the name of the rule. I'm done
Thought it was one or the other. With franks absurdly long line writing, figured the line limit was what he seen and was going for. I can see both sides of the argument, wack it got dqed tho.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:44 PM   #266
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

We need to start a new petition. Instead of vote r!can it should be dq frank
Old 10-29-2015, 07:15 PM   #267
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

We are currently in week 14 so Post season sign ups will be up immediately following this week.

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 10-29-2015, 07:51 PM   #268
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

I've already begun working on the next mag which will not include shit from last week from me personally as I don't have the time to re-read shit, sorry.

@Mr. J @The Law

Not sure if J still plans on posting shit but if you'd like I can incorporate whatever you have into this one? Up to you

Anyone down to do a power rankings? Top 5 with a short bio behind reasoning?
@EtH @Nigma @MMLP

Always nice to have new voices sprinkled in

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 10-29-2015, 08:12 PM   #269
asylum

Battle Record: 7-5

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

since it doesn't matter and I got noshowed.. my verse has fictional characters but I can guarantee you with 100% certainty there are in fact people being kept in a zombie like state in Haiti being forced to do slave labor.the state is induced with a variety of extracts and chemicals and the victims are in fact buried for a period of time before being exhumed in the state. the people who do it are called Bokurs. if you're caught, it is technically the legal equivalent of murder. also, the dirt cookies are an actual thing happening. People are being told the dirt "comes from the mountains" and has large amounts of minerals and nutrients inside of it.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:12 PM   #270
Nigma
The COAT...

Battle Record: 28-20

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x3)

Nigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant future

Quote:
I've already begun working on the next mag which will not include shit from last week from me personally as I don't have the time to re-read shit, sorry.

@Mr. J @The Law

Not sure if J still plans on posting shit but if you'd like I can incorporate whatever you have into this one? Up to you

Anyone down to do a power rankings? Top 5 with a short bio behind reasoning?
@EtH @Nigma @MMLP

Always nice to have new voices sprinkled in
I'm heading out of town tomorrow and won't be back until monday unfortunately, going to see me some Nitro Circus!
Old 10-29-2015, 08:39 PM   #271
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylum View Post
since it doesn't matter and I got noshowed.. my verse has fictional characters but I can guarantee you with 100% certainty there are in fact people being kept in a zombie like state in Haiti being forced to do slave labor.the state is induced with a variety of extracts and chemicals and the victims are in fact buried for a period of time before being exhumed in the state. the people who do it are called Bokurs. if you're caught, it is technically the legal equivalent of murder. also, the dirt cookies are an actual thing happening. People are being told the dirt "comes from the mountains" and has large amounts of minerals and nutrients inside of it.
Good shit man. Just did a bit of studying on this Bokor thing. They use some form of puffer fish extract that makes the being appear dead then the Bokor digs up the body and drugs them to keep them in a hallucinate state essentially controlling them. Voodoo is a fickle bitch my man. Can't wait to read your verse now

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 10-29-2015, 08:42 PM   #272
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Next week will be the final time you can request a grudge match, so if there is anyone you would like to match up with mention me

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 10-29-2015, 09:44 PM   #273
Nigma
The COAT...

Champed

Nigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant future

id like to grudge match myself cause im a gigantic faggot
Old 10-29-2015, 10:14 PM   #274
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
id like to grudge match myself cause im a gigantic faggot
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.ph...ghlight=adonis

<3

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 10-29-2015, 10:23 PM   #275
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tripple0 View Post
"Onions kill my kind so don't call me a vegan." - lmao

Best line of the season right here, solid quote @timeless

it's so nearly quotable

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 10-29-2015, 10:34 PM   #276
Nigma
The COAT...

Champed

Quote:
at least i got franks vote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:19 PM   #277
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

Open the battle?

@Godcomplex
Old 10-29-2015, 11:28 PM   #278
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
at least i got franks vote
True

I bring this battle up often because it a memorable one for me. I read it now, love the concept and execution but piss poor wording. I can edit the fuck out of this into something truly lovely. My book will be awesome

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 10-29-2015, 11:32 PM   #279
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

Quote:
True

I bring this battle up often because it a memorable one for me. I read it now, love the concept and execution but piss poor wording. I can edit the fuck out of this into something truly lovely. My book will be awesome
You tryna copy my published author steez eh?
Old 10-30-2015, 01:31 AM   #280
asylum

Battle Record: 7-5

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

voted on all matches.

dafuq happened to mr. j? I'd be down to chime in on mag work but a top 5 from me would be extremely uninformed, I didn't even read this seasons verses the whole time let alone participate. I could pull predictions tho.

edit : I've been thinking of writing professionally myself but my main character would probably wind up dead within the first two pages so I don't think I could pull it off.