Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > Art of Writing League > AOWL Season 8 Archive

User Tag List

Old 12-12-2017, 07:38 PM   #1
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute
Default WEEK II MAG:

PART 1

PART 2

Enjoy

Last edited by Inno; 12-12-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:36 AM   #2
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

lmao just watched on my way to work, good shit Inno

my verse last week was a metaphor for God creating the world in seven days.

God creating heaven and Earth (the enclosure to house the ants in), the sky (the roof with the latch) the dry land (the sand for its base) light (the candle facing a south-easterly window) the sun rises in the south east, you know? The water came from the tube in the roof that gave it the moisture the Ant Farm needed (water), he created life using those first two ants (our Adam and Eve) and then all the creatures that inhabit the world (the entire colony)

Inno was the closest to getting it I think!

Last edited by Diablo; 12-13-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:29 AM   #3
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

That candle line should of been more obvious to me I don’t how I missed it

Thanks for the listen
Old 12-13-2017, 10:31 AM   #4
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

Dope shit forreal and salute to parents

Last edited by YDK; 12-13-2017 at 12:59 PM.
YDK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:38 AM   #5
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

@YDK?
Old 12-13-2017, 12:59 PM   #6
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

Lol i guess the 100 emoji doesnt show on here
Old 12-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #7
symetrik

Battle Record: 5-7

symetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant future

cool thanks for the props. I was psyched to go vs objective, I play by the competitive adage of "better opponents make you better".

question, to clarify: one of my glaring weaknesses (from what I'm gathering) is jumping, where like, I don't tie things together well (or... don't make it clear it's a jump) and I don't flesh out the story enough. would that be a good summary?

figuring out what to improve on.
symetrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:12 PM   #8
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Originally Posted by symetrik View Post
cool thanks for the props. I was psyched to go vs objective, I play by the competitive adage of "better opponents make you better".

question, to clarify: one of my glaring weaknesses (from what I'm gathering) is jumping, where like, I don't tie things together well (or... don't make it clear it's a jump) and I don't flesh out the story enough. would that be a good summary?

That’s basically what I was trying to convey.

Maybe you don’t do that in all your writing but it showed these 2 weeks. But again I think once you get the feel of what the voters look for. You’ll find a way to satisfy them as well as not compromise to much of your true writing.

@Lars and any other vet want to chime in?
Old 12-13-2017, 06:00 PM   #9
Sammy

Champed
- Write Week 7

Sammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant future

@Innovator Where are the season 8 archive? Where can i check the pent and Lars battle?
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:17 PM   #10
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

http://www.netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=238

there's the archive
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:09 PM   #11
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by symetrik View Post

I think so too. I look upon you as a strong competitor tbh, I didn't expect to win this round so what I went for was a rather easy to follow story that wasn't too abstract with rather straight forward language and a story/plot that could possibly surpass the abstract and fluent language and flow.

There needs to be a certain fluent flow in the story as well, if the story is easy to follow and smooth in terms of how it progresses you can score a lot of points on that alone if it follows a common theme as well. The way I think of a jump is kind of similar to a punchline, the next sentence/paragraph feeds off of the last one and use context clues to string it all together, so when you go for a jump make sure that the next connects enough to the previous parts to keep it going to maintain the flow of the story while simultaneously jumping in time, just don't drift too far away from where you initially started unless you're consciously doing it on purpose knowing readers need to follow your lead on this as well.

Someone better might be cool enough to say something about this, whether I'm on point or not but that's the feeling I got when it comes to writing topicals. It doesn't matter if it's abstract as fuck or not, all it needs is to follow a common theme good enough for the verse itself to matter with all its lines and connections.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:31 PM   #12
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

That said tho, anyone know where @Mike Wrecka, @Nigma, @Adonis and @Vulgar is? All these people used to be pretty dope in these tournaments, would be cool to see them back in here. If you guys are still around, sign up.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 12-15-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote