Old 04-03-2020, 06:50 PM   #1
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future
Default Guns & Cigarettes (Freeverse)

Hey guys this is the first audio or video I've done in a long time but thought I'd throw something up and gauge interest and what not. Might turn it into a weekly thing if the response is decent.

Lyrics:
You a feret trying to fare against a feral bear attack then
Still running that cold shit like the Mayor of Aspen
Come up in your shit with the barrel blastin
I'm gonna feed you to the beast like I'm Carol Baskins
One glance could get you killed what you starin' at then??
14 years of going Jon Hamm and I've buried mad men
I do my own thing, I never seeked validation
Been silent four years still have double your fan bases
Still Wilder than Gene on Blazin Saddles n
I'm the Dark Horse for them that's sick of Meg the Stallions
Never get the satisfaction to laugh at my fall
Mappin the game out i don't need an Atlus at all
Raised on Premo, n Dilla but I'll adapt and evolve
So lick my sack full of balls number one pick in the draft
And you never going to get that call like Kaepernick y'all
Too unorthodox? Too unconventional?
Better than some one dimensional, too fundamental no fun havin'
If they played that shit in the club no one would ever go!
You so unincredible don't duck this letter bro
I don't blow smoke for my health the blunt ain't medical
Congrats on your son, but as for your style member who fathered it?
It's time to pay the Piper y'all gonna make Roddy Rich!

Last edited by Adverse; 04-03-2020 at 06:53 PM.
Adverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:09 PM   #2
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

couple things. you got what my hairline is gonna be in 5 years. meaning you're 8 years too late. buy these

https://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Professi.../dp/B000VVT94G

just give in. shave it all off. these cut close enough that you don't need to shave shave unless you're tryna be super glossy on these ho's.

as for the verse you had some solid bars. for spitting it tho i'd trim alot, you got the text defect that I and alot of boarders will suffer with where your writing and it works and should flow right but then you go to spit it and its like oh i didn't realize the previous 4 bars exhausted me so even tho this stretched line rides the beat when spit alone, when you're running out of breath in real time when you get to it, it emphasises how stretched it is. gotta sacrifice a bit of content and clarity in favor of flow

but word good shit man. i'd feed something like this over some random text anytime
Old 04-03-2020, 08:14 PM   #3
The Dead Poet

The Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant future

I mean to me this sounds like what happens when a txt rapper tries to spit. It's too wordy and cluttered. Lyrics are better to read...but that's not the point here.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:20 PM   #4
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

I'm gonna embed your vid in your post for you

for future reference, if you take the 's' out of 'https' on a youtube link, it'll embed on its own
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:56 PM   #5
Adverse

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
couple things. you got what my hairline is gonna be in 5 years. meaning you're 8 years too late. buy these

just give in. shave it all off. these cut close enough that you don't need to shave shave unless you're tryna be super glossy on these ho's.

as for the verse you had some solid bars. for spitting it tho i'd trim alot, you got the text defect that I and alot of boarders will suffer with where your writing and it works and should flow right but then you go to spit it and its like oh i didn't realize the previous 4 bars exhausted me so even tho this stretched line rides the beat when spit alone, when you're running out of breath in real time when you get to it, it emphasises how stretched it is. gotta sacrifice a bit of content and clarity in favor of flow

but word good shit man. i'd feed something like this over some random text anytime
Lmaooo thanks for putting me on game fam, sad thing is i look this way at 25 so it's downhill from here

And thanks for the feed and to @The Dead Poet as well, like you guys said things need to be trimmed out, i knew i was kinda cramming just kind of wired that way to be anal about wording and what not. I was primarily audio for five years and was getting it down then I picked back up on here after four years of not spitting and lost it all over again lol just got to the relearn it i suppose

And thanks @Sharp i wasn't sure how to embed lol
Old 04-03-2020, 10:14 PM   #6
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

it's most of what I do
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:55 PM   #7
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Why not just do full shaved head at that point? You think it’s gonna bounce back or something?
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:38 AM   #8
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Started off good tbh, but the wording made you stumble on the beat, good bars tho it just didn’t translate to audio as good. But yo the first 4 bars you had the flow going nice. Props on posting this tho, most wont even do that.
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:25 AM   #9
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

gone @ more feed for hairline than verse. you motherfuckers.

this wasn't that easy to listen to tbh but you aren't terrible and you deserve a lil respect for even posting this up so you have that.

@Universe please show us how to rap as per your novella
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 01:18 PM   #10
Adverse

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Black August II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Brayn Lord View Post
Why not just do full shaved head at that point? You think it’s gonna bounce back or something?
My girl likes the little bit of hair i have, i gave up on it a loooong time ago

@Eng @Inno thanks for the feed, think i will turn this into a weekly series and try to improve per everyone's feedback. Hairline i can't do nothing about that it's bad genetics (also already expecting to get SMACKED on the NBL for my hair so do your worst lol)
Old 04-04-2020, 01:36 PM   #11
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adverse View Post
My girl likes the little bit of hair i have, i gave up on it a loooong time ago

@Eng @Inno thanks for the feed, think i will turn this into a weekly series and try to improve per everyone's feedback. Hairline i can't do nothing about that it's bad genetics (also already expecting to get SMACKED on the NBL for my hair so do your worst lol)
She retarded?
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 02:32 PM   #12
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

There were some bars in this.

Good job.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:41 PM   #13
Pakistani Hand Cannon

Pakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
There were some bars in this.

Good job.
There were some letters in those sentences.

Good job.
Pakistani Hand Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 02:22 AM   #14
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

I dig your sound. But your a victim of what uh oh would call textcee-to-audio-syndrome.

Basically your longbar is to much for your actual breath control. Took me a while but i learned finally to write ober a beat and incorporate my breathcontrol. Pauses for air and all that shit into my bars. It really does hurt a textcees style because longbar becomes short bar real quick if thats how you write. Just guessing but i feel like this was written then spit. Right? Maybe im wrong but at points as i was like damn..if only hed took a few syllables out of that set he would have hit the beat better and had more air. Idk fam.

All in all. I like your sound. Very underground and grimey hiphoppish. Pretty cool post for what you did. Thanks man. Im edging ever nearer to a surprise diss for someone special. I really am lol. It just feels like so much work anymore to se set up and write and it so kuch easier to hit my couch and turn the ps4 on. Im such a lazy fuck. -hangs head- :/
Old 04-09-2020, 02:51 AM   #15
Barcotic
Needs no introduction

Battle Record: 29-31

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Survivor Tournament
- Pros vs. Joes
- Key Grand Prix
- Fight Night XX
- NBL Tag Team
- NBL Picture League
- Battle Arena
- Battle Arena Pics
- BA Tag Team (2x)
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)
- BAL Battle Royale
- NPL Roast

Barcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant future

I red this thread title in a forrest gump voice
Old 04-09-2020, 05:33 AM   #16
Orc
Certified Mother’s Boy

Battle Record: 5-1

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 4
- GBL Season 1
- Lyric Olympics
- Fight Night LXVI
- Fight Night LX
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Picture Roast
- Netcees Battle League (8x)
- NBL Picture League
- Gimmick Battle League
- BA Tag Team
- 1-2 Punch League
- NBL Cypher (3x)
- Battle Arena League
- OM HOF (2x)

Orc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Brayn Lord View Post
She retarded?
Stop being so unnecessarily hateful man

Thought this was cool and liked the Tiger King reference
Orc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 12:58 PM   #17
Adverse

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Black August II

@Witty @ORC thanks for the kind words, i appreciate thinking of doing this weekly and trying to improve. Either get another done today or tomorrow.
@Genocide i feel you bro, i did audio for years and got a feel for it then just recently came back from a 4 year hiatus and jumped back into text so there's some growing pains again. I'll try to improve this week and keep morphing my style back to audio suitable. Thanks for the feedback and i hope you do drop some more audio, really liked hearing it from you back in the day
Old 04-09-2020, 10:12 PM   #18
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Word. Thanks man. Had a lot of fun doing it. I juat dont know if that side of me even exists anymore. Well see. ! Spit moar maine!!!
Old 04-10-2020, 02:26 AM   #19
Ouch

Battle Record: 1-5

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Ouch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dead Poet View Post
I mean to me this sounds like what happens when a txt rapper tries to spit. It's too wordy and cluttered. Lyrics are better to read...but that's not the point here.

yeah I kind of agree with that @The Dead Poet

but @Adverse it still wasn't bad though ... accapella rapping a text verse is a really hard thing to do its going to sound choppy

but with that being said you did a pretty good job with this... I liked the carol baskin line

god damn bitch, fuck carol baskin (joe exotica voice)
Ouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:45 AM   #20
Ouch

Battle Record: 1-5

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Ouch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post

haha damn you've really thought out this balding thing... I have too i'm not going to lie.. my dad has a full head of hair even now, I mean he could for real grow a gigantic fro if he wanted to... but what i've looked up is you're probabably going to go out looking like your moms grandpa and mine
went bald-ish at a young age

i'll probably end up dying with my long term gf that I have right now if all goes right, and I don't fuck around with other women so i'm not worried all that much about attracting another mate but just for personal pride I don't want to go bald... my hairline not horribly fucked up but I can see its coming soon and when it does i'll keep my beard and then just shave my head

I think I started balding younger because of genetics but mainly due to stress, i'm stressed out all the time. And have been for years. But yeah, I know its coming, and when it does i'll just shave it all off.
Ouch is offline   Reply With Quote