Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
Also aliens have never been here. Ancient man doesnt get enough credit for his achievements.
This.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:42 PM   #22
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Not to say we haven't been visited by aliens, because I haven't been around forever, but there is no solid evidence for it imo and I've looked very hard lol

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:55 PM   #23
Sovereign
The Bat God

Battle Record: 1-2

Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
So life elsewhere isn't a mathematical probability?

1. As soon as the earth was suitable for life, life appeared. Though not proof, it does kinda hint that life isn't that hard once the conditions are right.

2. Large numbers of the different parts of life have been shown to spontaneously form from filling a flask with the chemicals that were on the earth when it formed, and zapping them with sparks ( lightning )

3. The Universe is big. REALLY big. I'm not sure you're getting how big it is. There are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on all the beaches on the entire earth. So even if life is very unlikely to start, which evidence doesn't really show it is, you still have 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 rolls of the dice to get life. And that's just now! The universe has been rolling those dice for around for 13,700,000,000 years, and will keep rolling them for many more billions of years to come.

All that strongly suggests life elsewhere is probable.
I'm not knowledgeable about biology, chemistry, or physics, so I don't have much comment to make on this.

One thing, though: you mention the size of the universe. That's just the observable universe... I'm fairly sure that we don't know how large the whole thing is.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:48 PM   #24
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't mention a size other than it being incredibly huge.

I was merely correcting you on the fact life elsewhere is a mathematical probability at this point.

Which it most certainly is.
sral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:58 PM   #25
Tic

Battle Record: 51-29

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VII
- Netcees Battle League

Tic has a brilliant futureTic has a brilliant futureTic has a brilliant futureTic has a brilliant futureTic has a brilliant futureTic has a brilliant futureTic has a brilliant futureTic has a brilliant futureTic has a brilliant futureTic has a brilliant futureTic has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
Also aliens have never been here. Ancient man doesnt get enough credit for his achievements.
Oh you're positive about this? Lmao....The two don't necessarily go hand in hand. I'm talking about tons of cave paintings, actual paintings, stories, etc. Not only from 1 civilization, but almost all of the Ancient civilizations across the globe have some experience with "beings from the sky." That's an undeniable truth.

I agree that Ancient people don't get enough credit, but it certainly raises some questions....especially when we would think to find tons of ancient machinery, but have not.

And no, they haven't actually witnessed flowing water, but they did PROVE that there is based on the salt deposits left there. It's not speculation anymore, it's proof. There is also water ice on the moon in craters that have never seen sunlight. That has the potential for life as well.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:13 PM   #26
mayniuhh
Wes Gil is a faggot

mayniuhh has a brilliant futuremayniuhh has a brilliant futuremayniuhh has a brilliant futuremayniuhh has a brilliant futuremayniuhh has a brilliant futuremayniuhh has a brilliant futuremayniuhh has a brilliant futuremayniuhh has a brilliant futuremayniuhh has a brilliant futuremayniuhh has a brilliant futuremayniuhh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tic View Post
Oh you're positive about this? Lmao....The two don't necessarily go hand in hand. I'm talking about tons of cave paintings, actual paintings, stories, etc. Not only from 1 civilization, but almost all of the Ancient civilizations across the globe have some experience with "beings from the sky." That's an undeniable truth.

I agree that Ancient people don't get enough credit, but it certainly raises some questions....especially when we would think to find tons of ancient machinery, but have not.

And no, they haven't actually witnessed flowing water, but they did PROVE that there is based on the salt deposits left there. It's not speculation anymore, it's proof. There is also water ice on the moon in craters that have never seen sunlight. That has the potential for life as well.
To be clear, I know nothing.

That said, I thought water came from suns via solar winds. If I am correct in this belief, how does that work?
mayniuhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:09 PM   #27
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tic View Post
i'm as positive as can be based on actual evidence.

that about sums it up^. as for cave paintings its just nonsense. if you have any in mind that i can specifically address let me know. i'm guessing your talking like the "swirls" and the stick figures or whatever that look like they have on helmets? it could be anything. it only could be an alien if you want it to be that lol.

every civilization talks of beings from the sky because pretty much across the board thats where gods lived. even if your god was the sun and moon or planets etc. any mythology surrounding gods interacting with humans has to come from there. where else would the gods come from? lol.

keep in mind ancient people had a much more intimate relationship with the nights sky, so for them not to have theories to explain what they don't understand is more far fetched then they believe creatures from another planet came to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tic
I agree that Ancient people don't get enough credit, but it certainly raises some questions....especially when we would think to find tons of ancient machinery, but have not..
there is more than enough evidence for every single ancient construction, proving its man made.

you are vastly underestimating the enormity of space. i think its utterly ricidulous to think even if we had 100 thousand more years of unhindered development that we could actually make it anywhere in space.

i firmly believe that there are probably living beings on our level and past it on planets all over the universe, the problem comes in that unless they are literally in our neighborhood of our galaxy, it isn't anywhere near probable that they could make it here, let alone make it all the way out here, and arrange some stones and leave.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:44 PM   #28
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by puravida View Post
we can't even deal with life here.
Lol. Yep. That's all I needed from this thread. Legit.
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote