Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 03-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #21
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Battle Record: 3-7

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD

The second half of it....

Mainly on any of the Palahnuik books I've yet to read

Invisible Monsters rmx'd or the original, Tell-All, Stranger than fiction, or Doomed.

also did u ever look into that Madd Adam trillogy by Atwood - or have you ever read Atwood for that matter? @oats

A. bove T. he R. est
Rawn MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:35 PM   #22
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

I've read Atwood - Pennelopiad, Payback, and a handful of poems and short stories. that trilogy is on the queue. I'm reading Ulysses right now, prob finish in 3-4 weeks.

Only Palahniuk I've read is survivor, and I enjoyed it a lot.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #23
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD

Word

Survivior is fire, Palahnuik at his best imo.

I heard Pennelopiad was dope, and was going to continue reading more of her after I had read 'Oryx and Crake.'

I originally picked up 'A Hand-Maidens Tale' to get a better scope of her as a writer, bc it recieved a lot of praise.

I read some of it, but it wasn't as gripping as my prior selection, and was not the best choice given it's over-arching female themes.

However, it was a dystopia - based book, and sounded appealing. So, I chose it.

I ended up putting it down to read 'Level 26' by Anthony Zuiker w/ Mark Ecko.

That book was dope AF I'd like to add.

Zuiker has since added I believe 2 more novels, making it a trillogy. May also be worth the read at a later date.

It was cool though bc not only was it a novel, it had a web component to it as well that was directed/illustrated by Mark Ecko.

A. bove T. he R. est

Last edited by Rawn MD; 03-13-2014 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #24
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

I liked Pennelopiad a lot. Handmaid's tale is considered her best (haven't read it so can't agree or disagree), but she won the booker for what was also seen as an inferior novel in 2000 as a bit of a political move for snubbing handmaids.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:54 PM   #25
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Yeah - thats why I picked it up man.

It was just to feminine.

I read a good 150 pages, and then I became to chauvanistic to read any more.

She is a great writer though.

I think 'Oryx and Crake' won a booker, or at least was nominated too.

A. bove T. he R. est
Old 03-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #26
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

Yeah it was shortlisted
Old 03-13-2014, 10:05 PM   #27
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Rawn only posts to humble brag.

That's it.

When he tags another user it's basically to say "hey look at this shit I know. you're smart. here are some things we can find common ground in. because im pretty smart too, yeah?"

meanwhile he is a common criminal trying to curry favor on a text rap website.

in real life you are someone i would hate and would verbally confront, in my anti-social way, if you were to ever pull this faux-personable bullshit with me. you are literally the worst personality type in america and there are far too many of you.

your personality is pure shite. hollow as all fuck.

fuck you brah. in the most sincere, human, and true way; fuck you. real life.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:21 PM   #28
Swerve
SDub

Battle Record: 40-34

Champed
- Alias Tourney III (Heroes vs. Villians)
- Fight Night LXIV
- Netcees Battle League

Swerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant future

I remember when Rawn tried to argue the existence of non-carbon based life forms by googling it and posting links that had nothing to do with it and being wrong every time.

What happened to that Rawn? I liked him.

Swerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:35 PM   #29
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by oats View Post
I've read Atwood - Pennelopiad, Payback, and a handful of poems and short stories. that trilogy is on the queue. I'm reading Ulysses right now, prob finish in 3-4 weeks.

Only Palahniuk I've read is survivor, and I enjoyed it a lot.
ulysses and infinite jest continue to pick up dust...I want to..I just can't keep the focus.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:43 PM   #30
THE REAL CAPTAIN OBVIOUS

THE REAL CAPTAIN OBVIOUS THE REAL CAPTAIN OBVIOUS THE REAL CAPTAIN OBVIOUS THE REAL CAPTAIN OBVIOUS THE REAL CAPTAIN OBVIOUS THE REAL CAPTAIN OBVIOUS THE REAL CAPTAIN OBVIOUS THE REAL CAPTAIN OBVIOUS THE REAL CAPTAIN OBVIOUS THE REAL CAPTAIN OBVIOUS THE REAL CAPTAIN OBVIOUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pancake View Post
Rawn only posts to humble brag.

That's it.

When he tags another user it's basically to say "hey look at this shit I know. you're smart. here are some things we can find common ground in. because im pretty smart too, yeah?"

meanwhile he is a common criminal trying to curry favor on a text rap website.

in real life you are someone i would hate and would verbally confront, in my anti-social way, if you were to ever pull this faux-personable bullshit with me. you are literally the worst personality type in america and there are far too many of you.

your personality is pure shite. hollow as all fuck.

fuck you brah. in the most sincere, human, and true way; fuck you. real life.
.................................................. .......
THE REAL CAPTAIN OBVIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:59 PM   #31
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Pancake, u would get beat down.

Its one of those speak when spoken to things.

Swerve i miss him tooo

A. bove T. he R. est

Last edited by Rawn MD; 03-13-2014 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:06 PM   #32
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Greed go get a tracheotomy

A. bove T. he R. est
Old 03-13-2014, 11:08 PM   #33
Greed
Raw

Battle Record: 21-40

Greed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant future

Couple more cartons and I will.

Steal a leafblower. And sell it for like 100. Baller.
Greed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:11 PM   #34
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Envy trumps greed.

Now remove urself from my thread.

Thnx.

A. bove T. he R. est
Old 03-13-2014, 11:27 PM   #35
Frank Metts

Battle Record: 0-1

Frank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant future

Why are people fixated on dude stealing shit

We've all stole something in our lives so don't set yourself up to be a hypocrite

Humans make mistakes, it's natural and it helps us learn
Frank Metts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:30 PM   #36
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

I think Rawn is trying to fix his life.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:04 AM   #37
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mind Assassin View Post
ulysses and infinite jest continue to pick up dust...I want to..I just can't keep the focus.
It's been rough, and I'll be 100 and say that I am comprehending maybe 1/10 of what is going on. The writing is fun though, so it keeps me going. At this point, I'm reading it just to read it; later in life I'll try to revisit it with a reader's guide to try and make sense of it. Infinite Jest is another intimidating title.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:42 PM   #38
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

@Neighbor @anime_boners

A. bove T. he R. est

Last edited by Rawn MD; 03-14-2014 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:46 PM   #39
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oats View Post
It's been rough, and I'll be 100 and say that I am comprehending maybe 1/10 of what is going on. The writing is fun though, so it keeps me going. At this point, I'm reading it just to read it; later in life I'll try to revisit it with a reader's guide to try and make sense of it. Infinite Jest is another intimidating title.
did you just call anything written by james joyce "fun" ???
Old 03-14-2014, 03:51 PM   #40
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Diode why do you hate James Joyce?

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
is this a cult for faggots?, only fags tag "fag", rawn jerks kittens 2 handed, rawn never learns