Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 04-17-2019, 12:01 PM   #1
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
Definitely not the intent of the law, but they made no effort to tighten the wording in a way that would have made perfect sense for their intent. Have you read the official passed article in NY?
Yes. Legislation is about negotiation. Sometimes leaving language on the looser end of things is the only way to get it passed and the chips fall where they may when challenges come.

Better to pass it and deal with suits/appeals than pass nothing and have zero protections in place. Kind of the like what happened with the Violence Against Women Act expiring.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:05 PM   #2
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
Yes. Legislation is about negotiation. Sometimes leaving language on the looser end of things is the only way to get it passed and the chips fall where they may when challenges come.

Better to pass it and deal with suits/appeals than pass nothing and have zero protections in place. Kind of the like what happened with the Violence Against Women Act expiring.
Fair. Just seems illogical to worry about if you and others with this outlook give federal law enough power to say it’ll stop the loopholes from happening but you left loopholes for a fight against a law that by that logic you cannot fight anyway.
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:08 PM   #3
Diode
PR's Finest

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fair. Just seems illogical to worry about if you and others with this outlook give federal law enough power to say it’ll stop the loopholes from happening but you left loopholes for a fight against a law that by that logic you cannot fight anyway.
You're correct.

Welcome to politics.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:13 PM   #4
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
You're correct.

Welcome to politics.
Okay. I don’t appreciate the tone implying this will show me the woke concept of how politics work. If you’re okay with just shrugging your shoulders at things that’s cool. I’ll remain a person that thinks deeper than that.
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:18 PM   #5
Diode
PR's Finest

Quote:
Okay. I don’t appreciate the tone implying this will show me the woke concept of how politics work. If you’re okay with just shrugging your shoulders at things that’s cool. I’ll remain a person that thinks deeper than that.
There's nothing woke about it. Politics (particularly post-Citizens United American politics) is a war of attrition and logic is rarely involved in legislation, adjudication, or execution of anything. It's the ultimate stage of "fuck you, i got mine" and "what have you done for me lately?"

Which is why I decided to forgo using my degree on that stage. A lot of it still carries plenty of value in sales, though. Just a smaller stage is all.