Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > Netcees Short One-Off League > SOL Archive

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 08:40 PM   #1
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation
Default SOL Week 1 Mag

[Intro]
[Sharp]
Well, I'm back in what will probably be the last thing I ever mod. I'm prepared to make it something worth going out on, since ending everything with the 2017 fall tourney (someone else's tourney that a third party decided to run and give up, leaving me and my captain save-a-ho ass to rush in) is a crap bookend for me. I truly believe we lack the culture for tourneys, but have the culture for leagues, and aim to prove it here with the assistance of the homie bleak. We'll get all sentimental and shit later. For now…

[Week One Battler Profiles]
[Sharp]

Sinacog
Sinacog is almost entirely unproven here. This isn’t his first text site, but SOL will be his most visible NC battles. Based on his BA drops, he has a concept of wordplay and a style that is somewhere between longbar and a transcription of a spoken battle verse. I don’t see that translating to heavy hits as it stands. The version of shortbar that seems to get you votes these days is direct - no filler.

Look for: Sinacog to start a verse with a Don’t Flop circa-2010 setup. He’s already borderline and I could see him getting so bogged down in the rhyme where he might decide to say ‘I’m spitting it darker’ or something
To champ: Sin would need a pretty drastic style change, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility. The best received verses here are ones that have good flow and inner rhymes to them, but the focus is the punch itself. Those technical aspects would need to be in place to make the punch come off smoother and harder, not to dance around it.

Zelph
Zelph’s persona has evolved quite a bit since I first found out he existed. Considering at one point had all of Dia’s antagonism with none of the charisma, it’s nice to see he gives a shit about text boards. That said, this is as nicely as I'm going to say it: Zelph, we got this. I know he was half decent before taking on more modding responsibilities and I’m really curious to see if/how that has impact his writing. Considering all of the reviews and votes he’s had to trudge through, there’s been ample opportunity to reflect on his own style and possibly come out better for it. That said, being in that position for so long, you can also kind of unwittingly cement yourself into whatever you think is best going in. The story with Zelph in this short season will probably be what he can do with all of his effort going into 10-12 lines and nothing more.

Look for: Zelph to try backseat modding, then focus exclusively on his writing and have some decent showings
To champ: Zelph would need to lean heavily on knowledge of others and tailor bars to them to a crazy degree. Shit like, figure out what different opponents are going to use on him and maybe get out ahead of them.

Innovator
FOR THE CULTURE. Inno is an all-around good writer and funny guy. I’d be legitimately surprised if you don’t see him edge a win on humor alone. I think he falls into the classic topical head writing text battle trope, where if they have a good angle, they can come up with a creative way to flip it and word it nice, but if they don’t have that impetus the rest of the bar really takes a hit.

Look for: An earnest effort, some funny bars, and focusing back on topicals like week 3.
To champ: Innovator isn’t the least likely to champ this league, but he's one hell of a dark horse. Conceptually, I think he’s close. It’s the execution - wording the bar the get the point across as quickly and harshly as possible - that would probably be an issue. He’s creative enough to be a threat if something clicks and read enough battles for that something to click. Speaking of something going click….

Cred
Bang.

Gang.

Self-proclaimed (and since unchallenged) gunbar king himself, Cred aka takem2school. He’s a threat to anyone. Strikes me as the kind of guy who they call to beta test new slang for guns. I get the feeling people who don’t really know kind of write him off as a one-trick battler and forget he has bars, the gun bars are just the hill he’s ready to fight and die on. Man has solid wordplay and can make a simile sting no matter the topic. The fact that he’s making music has probably only helped his wording since there’s way less wiggle room in a steady beat than a text box.

Look for: A quick run into a contendership spot and a possible season champ.
To champ: Keep showing up and knowing his opponent. If he tries to out-wordplay someone like Blue Bayou, it can backfire. He has the skill set to beat anyone (including most, if not all likely finalists), but he may need to write to a matchup, not just to a name.

Qualm
Aero’s identity crisis was too big for one account. I personally like the idea of an established dude adding an AKA once in awhile since it opens up space for some new angles. Qualm is the kind of guy NC is reluctant to admit is an influencer, but how many threads have the phrase ‘mods close this’ (and not just when he writes it)? He’s always been able to push the right buttons in discussion to keep angry responses going, but some of us may remember he’s a decent writer - the tag verses with Dominate were one thing, but even as a single battler he’s brought some heat. I still remember him demolishing God of War despite half the site either refusing to vote on it or voting against Aero cause he pissed them off. He’s a threat as a writer but carries a lot of baggage as a boarder.

Look For: mods close this
To champ: Shake off the rust and be as mean in his verses as he can be in discussion. Won a site diss contest a few years ago doing just that.

Incredible
Man, last time Incredible posted here it was a response to my video clowning his hype video… which got me thinking about how mags should be done… Which is kind of why we have this. Incredible is a more prolific mod than battler. I only remember seeing him in the 1-2 and wasn't too impressed, but he's clearly ready to put in work for text battles. I'm thinking if he's exclusively battling he'll put more effort into his verses. I got the sense that between his personal life and his text life, Inc was getting stretched thin. Let's see what he can do when he's only worried about 10 lines a week.

Look for: If recent history holds up, a NS week 2 and nothing from the dude until May. I wanna be wrong about this one but he found a way to NS ME in 2018… I didn’t even realize I had a battle in 2018 that wasn’t a drunk fn.
To champ: More creative concepts. The occasional Inc verse on the site seems to have like 2 cool ideas spaced out with ones that are made or broken by wording. Imo, wording will come more naturally over time and thoughtful reflection/voting would get Inc there slowly, but to really compete at the highest level of this bunch he needs more of his bars to really hit. Two bars that someone quotes vs 5 from Resin, JB, Karaoke, etc, won’t be enough to carry him to a prime time win.

Jabari Black
This is a sign-in I was hoping to see. I love how shit like this league popping up brings guys like JB out of the woodwork. This is a guy who you can write a bar just from the way he votes on others. He’s been on the site (at least, under this name) for under a year and champed every league that went on in that time - you have to wonder if this is next. Based on his work writing mags for the 1-2, I think JB’s biggest strength is knowing his opponent. Half time someone’s favored to win, the battle prediction includes the bit about ‘don’t sleep on the other guy’ but Jabari’s not going to make that mistake. The threat would be someone he doesn’t know, and by the playoffs, he’ll know who he needs to.

Look for: Contender match, possible champ match appearance
To champ: JB needs to know who he’s up against week-to-week, and if someone has made an adjustment or improved, he needs to know that too. If he stays aware of his competition, he can beat anyone. Sun Tzu ass texcee

Allen Knight
The HOF member who forced us to increase the number of ‘champed’ allowed per user profile, Allen Knight, is signing in. Oh shit. AK is the kind of guy who tests out wording for different bars in his sleep. If a concept, wp, or flip can hit, AK can make it do some damage. Idk if he still has the fire in him to keep dropping at his previous level - modding takes its toll on you - but if he does, expect to see the champ limit pushed again cause you're looking at someone who can drop 20 on you right now.

Look for: a fighting game, wrestling move, or car part related wordplay everyone will kick themselves for not thinking of first and contenders spot if he stays in
To champ: AK knows what to do. Show up with consistency. Against real competition bring something fresh and try to tailor every bar to them. If he can make the time investment, he's got it.

Plot
Plot's a decent writer plagued by personal baggage, lack of motivation, and not having a good sense of what's been done to death. He can put a verse together, but he's gonna need more than that to stand out enough to hit a final four. Plot knows what goes into a good bar, but he doesn't have the time, motivation, or skill level to pull it off. He's got the capacity to get better, but it's not the safe bet.

Look for: A no show and not signing back in, but I won't rule out sticking with it. If Plot stays in, he may end up at 3-3 but week 5 and 6 will look better than 1 and 2.
To champ: it would start with him staying in and really working on these verses. I'd say he could be on the cusp of an above average mid tier battler, but I said that years ago and we're still here.

Resin M-I-C
Resin is a guy who I can’t say much about from personal experience. Very little overlap compared to the rest of you motherfuckers, but the guy’s Hall of Names thread has some heat. Considering his heyday is in the past, the main thing to watch for Resin is his adjustment to the times. The same kind of jokes don’t always get the props they used to. Sometimes, they come off as corny, but sometimes, its the audience expecting a bar done a certain way. I personally try to think of funny as funny, harsh as harsh, and a fresh concept as a fresh concept, so I think Resin is gonna be a threat here. Seems like most likely voters think about the same way.

Look for: If he stays in, contender match/possible champ and a threat down the stretch.
To champ: As long as he stays out of the ‘old guy’ trap of using old concepts, he’ll be one to watch.

King Karaoke
One of, if not the biggest winners of the NC2.0 era, Karaoke has been in at least the top 8 of just about anything he's competed in and has the distinction of holding an NBL champ spot for 6 weeks (that's the length of this league) with 1 no show, only vacating when he had to sign out. Since then, more competition has come around but he's still a threat. On top of that, no discussion thread has been flipped in months aside from the occasional FN and Kar is one of the few who can make those come off as not corny - look out.

Look for: A discussion thread title in this week's verse and at least one contender shot.
To champ: Karaoke's biggest competition right now are the likely suspects, Resin, Cred, Inf, DynamiCz, Jabari Black, and anyone else of that caliber to sign in. I think if Karaoke gets beaten by any of them it'll come from the other guy having one extra haymaker. As long as he can bring enough standouts, he's got the consistency to beat anyone.

Infiltrate
Infiltrate aka Tragic has been doing better when he battles lately and I attribute that entirely to his staying within the rules, by which I mean I haven't seen him DQ'd recently. Honestly, the dude is a decent enough battler to not cheat. If he can keep his creativity focused on his opponent and away from the rule book, he will continue to be a threat. He’s got an impressive champed list that speaks volumes about the dude and I wouldn’t count him out against anyone. With a short playoff at the end, too, if Inf is in he could easily snap and make like a bull in a china shop.

Look for: editing his verse after 3 votes have been cast.
To champ: not editing his verse after votes have been cast.

Killing Spree
Our very own financier for the culture. Mr. Moneybags over here is better than his record would have you think, but he’s definitely had more success over on RB. I have to think comparing his champed list on RB to his champed list on NC is a powerful motivator (even pre-TRASH). The biggest weakness that Killing Spree has, imo, has hit him on both sites. He’s got 0 LLL or NBL champs to his name and I would attribute it to his verses just running out of steam. He’s solid competition for 1-2 battles, will def get props in top punches sections, but to really hang with the best in contender/champ matches or for the season champ, he’s got to bring consistency. If Karaoke/Cred/someone like that has 10 out of his 14 lines quoted easily, the KS I know is in trouble. That said, KS may have one of the more level heads when it comes time to right a verse so I don’t see anything really affecting him too often. If he takes his time with these verses, he’ll probably make the edits he needs to. Question is, will it be enough?

Look for: Some top punches and pic roast mentions
To champ: consistency with those hits. Something gets in his way too often - either wording, concepts, or both. Gotta take his time with these verses.

Exis
Here's a guy that I could see being an okay battler because of his thick skin alone, and if he got the hang of writing battle verses he'd be interesting competition. Topical heads trying battle verses are such a mixed bag, with people like Pinot Grijj and Pancake who kill it and others who just feel its beyond them. As someone who just doesn't like writing most poetry, I get it. But like I said about Inno earlier, topical guys tend to need a concept, then they try to deliver their punch in different ways. I'd like to see the topical heads this time stick around, since half the battle verses seem interchangeable, person to person sometimes. Only ever seen one battle verse from Exis, currently in the BA. I don't think he knows what he's doing yet, but he kept each line to the right length, which is saying something.

Look for: Truly, no idea, but I'll guess actual effort week 1. I'll look for the votes on that battle too - hopefully the feedback isn't the reason dude signs out.
To champ: Exis would need a few verses that get a lot of quality feedback from you animals, he would need to make adjustments based on that feedback, then use all that to beat the best battlers on the site. I don't see it happening, but we in Philly love a good underdog, and while Exis doesn't have a dog mask…. I need to stop with this one. gl homie, don't be afraid to ask others for input.

Ryno
aka Bash. I don’t think I’ve seen a single Ryno battle, but I know Bash as a decent battler who excels in wording and but wasn’t as consistent with concepts… tbh I’m going off of like 3 year old knowledge here, so my bad if I’m off. Bash struck me as one of the guys who either says their bars out loud or thinks them through in his head like he’s saying em, cause the wording was never dragged out or awkward. Conceptually, he has creative moments, but not as many as he needs to wow against the top tier of the competition.

Look for: Wording to carry him against easier opponents and a contender shot with a favorable schedule.
To champ: have some stunners ready conceptually. If he really discerns which concepts are heat and which aren’t, he can cause some trouble. Virtually every Bash bar can do some damage, he just needs to catch the top tier off guard with new ideas.

DynamiCz
I have to be honest, this might be the guy I know the least about in here. He’s good, to be sure, but he pretty much showed up as I stopped paying attention to text. Having read a verse and some 1-2 bars I was shocked at how much this guy has the same kind of rhyme scheme - the whole double rhyme in the setup does help distract from only a single syllable rhyme at the end of most punches, but I see a lot of the same flow here. I think he may need to get a little creative with the schemes so his verses don’t come off as too stale. There’s a whole science to inner rhymes, but by the end of his NBL verse against KS I was just numb to the whole flow of things. He has some cool ideas and it reads smoothly, but large verse construction might just be his main hindrance here.

Look for: talkin like yo, guns. text something I know, son
Uses this rhyme scheme 3x in his verse week one

To champ: Honestly, when I look past that^ I could see the dude competing with most. Nice concepts, worded harshly, reads smoothly.

bleak
bleak is one of those ‘come a long way’ kind of guys that have really defied the odds when you consider the environment this site has had for growth. He and I really learned how to put a bar together under Sn00p’s tutelage and it’s good to see him putting the skill that he has (and he does) toward being competitive. My main worry for bleak would be psychological. Straight up, I hate modding and battling. It feels like you’re burning the candle at both ends and EVERYTHING you do has the fact that you’re the authority and still a competitor hanging over it. As such, it’s good to have two people here to make sure one’s not getting easy wins lined up for him.

Look for: how bleak handles doubled responsibility is everything. He’ll either have a flawless understanding of his competition that can drive him to a winning record or he’ll just get sick of it and sign out of battling.
To champ: that would take an improvement in the concepts/wordplay. I’ve gotten the sense that bleak’ll get lazy there and I don’t think ‘as a lama lake ‘em’ is gonna get our boy to the promised land.

BodySnatcher
aka NOT Nick James (I was completely wrong and I apologize), BodySnatcher’s one of 2018’s big winners. Dude tore up the BAL and champed the season, which is about the closest we’ve seen to what we’re doing here for a minute. He’s something of a heel at times, but not a villain, since he does seem to like pushing certain boarder’s buttons. I still like the dude though (go birds). Our reigning league champ is likely to have some stronger competition in the SOL, but in a short season ending tourney, virtually anything can happen and betting on the guy who’s just won a league season isn’t the worst idea.

Look for: he can clearly handle this format, so I’d say he’s a candidate for a season champ
To champ: keep up what he started before. The differences between other leagues aren’t going to affect much about battling itself aside from drawing better competition than he saw in BAL (though DynamiCz, Jabari and others were definitely considerable competition).

Flow
Flow, aka Jay Welsh, aka Flo Real has become a force of late. From very humble beginnings in as a poor black soundcloud rapper tryna break the cycle in Philadelphia’s Kensington section, Flo has since become a reasonably successful white Brit living the high life and bordering 50 wins. The guy’s record is a really a testament to his tenacity. He was easy to ignore years ago as he got his bearings, but once he figured text battles out he figured them the fuck out. That ‘upset king’ user title is decently well-earned, but these days Flow is rarely seen as the underdog. He’s proven he can hang with most competition on this site and is hungry to prove he can take the rest. That motivation factor was huge for guys like ill nik-A and having seen it in action before, I wouldn’t count Flow out against anyone.

Look for: Contender’s match at some point, assuming he stays in.
To champ: Stay on top of everyone with that high level of motivation. He’s worked his way up, but now that he’s plateauing around the top, his ambition can’t plateau with him.

Objective
A late sign in I’m happy to see. Objective is the kind of guy who has a lot of the elements needed to excel in battling - creativity, technical writing, a personality - but something seems to get in his way every time he signs in to a league. I think if he finds the motivation to diss an opponent, he has the space here to really cultivate a style that I think could be unique.

Look for: A rough start, with creative treatment on very played out ideas, but if he sticks with it, he’ll be one to watch.
To champ: Objective would need to find that truly unique style right about now. With only six weeks to qualify, he can’t afford too many loses, which he would need to push his style forward.

Nigma
Another late sign in I’m glad to see here. Fun fact, Nigma is one of the few people left from my first tourney on NC1. He’s a funny dude who seemed to get in his own head in a way that youngins tend to do. If he’s mellowed with age, he could always write, so this could be his first major foray in battling here. I took a look over at the dude’s 1-2 punch work on LA and it seems like he has most down, but if his whole verses are as stretched as some of the punches I saw, he could be in trouble. Creative concepts, but I think Nigma could benefit the most from reading some Allen Knight battles to get a feel for how the wording alone can damage an opponent.

Look for: Solid competition and at least one upset.
To champ: Nigma’s wording doesn’t quite sting the way it needs to yet. If he improves on that he’s poised to beat a large chunk of this league.

[Power rankings]
[Sharp]

Since this league has a 4-man playoff at the end, I’m sticking to a top 4. No more, no honorable mentions either since the playoffs won’t have any.

1. Allen Fucking Knight
I gotta give the HOF’er his due. It’s hard to bet against a guy, who in the battle profile section, I said someone else should try to copy. Let’s not forget he’s the reason why we have as many champed slots as we do. If anyone breaks 100 wins on NC, it’s going to be AK. This is a guy who never has issues with being motivated to drop his best and it can take him all the way.

2. Cred
Now that Cred’s just battling, he’s gonna be doing just that. Battling. Mean wording, creative wp and just the right ratio of creative insults to wordplays about murdering you make him a deserving crowd favorite.

3. Karaoke
I have to wonder how many people think Kar is dope since he’s definitely ruffled some ‘elite’ feathers, but in anything I’ve modded, Karaoke has been a consistent threat. Legitimate challenge to anyone, partially because he has the current event flips down. I know he gets flack for it, but the material is constantly being created, so if you can use it that well, I say more power to you.

4. BodySnatcher
BodySnatcher is rounding out our top 4 as the competitor with the most recent success. He’s a capable writer, but he’s got his work cut out for him if he wants to repeat so soon.

[Interview with Killing Spree]
[bleak]

Seems like this tourney has brought out some big names. With Cred and Resin returning, along with the eventual sign in of young names like BodySnatcher/DynamiCz, who do you see as a favorite going forward?

TBH when I’m on point I’m dope.. so I’ve been told. I’ve focused on cleaning my wording up and that was my down fall... just depends how much I’m partying tbh. I’m not impressed by any of those I beat body I’ve beat dyn I’ve beat resin on an alias as well... I’m glad tho that y’all got a tourney going and these ppl can write.. text at a low right now because y’all think gun bars don’t work on RB and wordplay don’t work here. Meanwhile dudes like hush, Cred, nika and shad hang over there to.... point is I’m winning

Everyone has to have a dark horse. Besides yourself, who is a competitor you think may surprise some people?

Bash aka ryno... he’s got a bit of writers block so he claims but he knows what to do and I feel like he’s l l <— this close to changing shit. Resin got embarrassed last tourney/season if I recall but he may bless us. Tough to tell. Also depends how the dick riders feel for some of the battlers

You put $50 on the books for the winner of this tourney. Seems like the turnout has increased because of it, who are some names you still wanna see sign in?

Nika, Barcotic, Muff , Amen so he can really prove how good he is cod he’s just shit at this point bragging about how good he was back in the day with no proof. Plus y’all talk about the glory days... and we’re trash. Oh yeah @slars should join in. Bags and knuck should engrave destroyers headstone... yeah

Give me a couple matchups that intrigue you. Personally I'm interested in Zelph/Incredible, the War of the Old Mods.

both are trash. All facts.. zelph is 0-8 and wack cred never beat me... zelph got all the personals on incredible but won’t execute them harsh enough. Besides them would like to see

Allen knigh vs Nika
Bayou vs orc
Cashious vs King(I know he ain’t in this tourney)
Bags vs knuck
You Vs Me
muff Vs Hush pic battle would be super dope

Barc recently made some waves in your haymaker tourney, explain wtf is going thru that dude's head plz?

Im cool with barc... but when he flips out on ever vote against him? Text won’t move on for the culture or himself... he lost that battle had to sway and got dq’d. He also pulled some shady shit on rob deleting votes I think he’s watching me type this right now. It’s to bad cos he can be dope even here ppl will say he’s dope but it doesn’t make sense to battle here when bags knuck des and zelph auto vote against him. Won’t even be battling in the league/tourney and still come out the woodworks to vote against him. Oh well.. there goes my shot at winning prolly but fuck it

It takes everything in me not to spell check you, Spree. Fuck you forever -b

[Deadliest NCG]

After years of witnessing forum beef amounting to nothing, the scientists in the darkest corner of the text illuminati compound have devised a mathematically sound way to simulate combat between any text battler and come to a statistically accurate answer to: Who is the deadliest man in text?

(sharp just googled a program)

Stats are agreed upon by the NC illuminati and based mostly on the forum persona, so if you lose, don't bitch. Today's matchup is to demonstrate the format and we found it only fair to make ourselves the inaugural guinea pigs.

Sharp vs bleak

The stats are separated as follows:
Long range - effectively the longest distance attack someone could have. Varies person to person. Guns, rocks, mean words, whatever, they decide what is long range and we decide who has an advantage.

Mid range: whatever is between mid range and short range.

Short range: up close and personal. Strength and combat ability usually factor into here.

Special: That X factor (basically another way to make fun of you)

Armor: the amount of defense your average day to day self probably has built in.

Speed/strength/agility: just open a dictionary at this point

Terrain knowledge: could be in person, but likely the board

Training: IRL or text battle if we need it (we will)

Warrior 1: Sharp
Long range: 4
Mid range: 3
Short range: 2
Special: 0
Armor: 1

Speed: 8
Strength: 2
Agility: 8
Terrain knowledge: 10
Training: 10

Warrior 2: bleak
Long range: 2
Mid range: 7
Short range: 8.5
Special: 0
Armor: 7

Speed: 3
Strength: 6
Agility: 3
Terrain knowledge: 6
Training: 11

As a participant in this battle, I will take it upon myself to be completely impartial. Long range went to me, because everyone assumes bleak is anywhere from way shorter to a little shorter (he's not), but as we get closer, my 125 lbs start to work against me (and bleak's 2.5 sharps of body weight). That explains the gap in our armor levels as well fuck you fatboy. It seems like the only thing I have going for me is my speed and knowledge of the text terrain. I'm honestly not too fast, but I'm light on my feet… and the scale slow ass bitch. bleak, I'm assuming, has years of combat training because to make it past 15 in parts of the Midwest you need to fight off some ‘Hills Have Eyes’ ass types your school was a barn yet your dumb ass has a higher score in training. Seems like Knucklehead thinks neither of us are special… fair enough fuck you too never gonna HOF bitch. Now, the results of the simulation:

bleak in a squeaker. Wow. Apparently I was able to run circles around him, but once he got in close it was over for me. Good to know that my time on the treadmill has been for something and well played, bleak. I'm sure in one of those simulations we came to a mutual respect as you stomped me back into the earth that bore me.

I should've won faggit

[Week 1 Previews]

BodySnatcher vs. Ryno

[Sharp]
This is a sleeper pick for botw. Both can drop dope and have solid wording, but BodySnatcher excels with his concepts. Bash would need something creative enough to surprise an audience next to one of Body's verses, which is way easier said than done. I can't bet against someone on a hot streak like BodySnatcher though. If Ryno shows up at his level, it's sure to be dope.

BodySnatcher: 60/40

[bleak]
I'm honestly glad Nick signed in, he is a face we need around here who writes a lot and shows to everything. Like a young, ridiculously skinny Blue Bayou. For some reason he thinks I have it out for him, not sure why. I think I will interview him next week and ask. Idk much about Ryno, know he's been writing on the other site but I can't navigate that clusterfuck EZboard shit, so I only know what he has done here. He knows what he is doing and I think this may be a dark horse for BOTW.

Body 55/45

Zelph vs Incredible

[Sharp]
Two mods who have made videos recently. This one should be full of personals. Zelph’s greatest advantage is probably how little Incredible has battled compared to how much we know about him. I would expect Zelph’s experience and supply of ammo to carry him here. Inc would need to avoid played angles (lip, etc) to be competitive and would need everything worded well to win by KO. Odds are, Zelph has less rust and more to work with, so he takes it.

Zelph: 60/40

[bleak]
Lip requested this one, he just wanted a free win but ill make sure to give him to Allen next week so we can end his life forever. It's probably 50/50 on an Inc show, I haven't seen him post since signing in. He does have the semblance of talent but hasn't brought it together to drop a good verse. Perhaps this is the one. Meanwhile Z is trying to sabotage a league that will actually work. My plan, if I were Incredible is just drop 5 lip punchlines and call it a fucking day, as opposed to 9's thinking. Just go all in.

Zelph 60/40

Killing Spree vs Flow

[Sharp]
Self-proclaimed upset king vs Self-proclaimed ‘When I’m on point, I’m dope’. These are two guys with different chips on their shoulder and I’m afraid the narrative becomes more interesting than the battle itself. In most aspects of text, I would say that Flow has recently surpassed KS. Spree has to be completely on point to win this matchup. Flow has become a decent judge of when to use certain types of punches - which is huge considering I remember him using ‘more chins than a chinese phone book’ in a battle - which is something Spree could really benefit from. I think Flow’s just poised to outperform KS in most ways here. Prove me wrong.

Flow: 70/30

[bleak]
Sharp remembers everything. I like this matchup and have seen it before, I want to see how far both have come. Idk how much battling KS has done lately, I know Flow hasn't done much besides Alias (if he was even in that) but none of us here have. This should be even if Spree can show what he's got. Apparently KS only writes to his potential when facing me, we will see however. I am a fan of Flow ever since our “semi”final classic in the rook tourney. I still say that was one of my best verses and he topped it with damn near flawless stuff. I feel like I'm easy to write against personally, but you have to do it right and Flow has figured out how to do that with every opponent. He really has come a long way lol he used to be on 2crip level

Split 50/50

Exis vs Innovator

[Sharp]
Topicals Topicals Topicals boys. Exis may be in trouble with all of the board drama being such good fodder for punches…. I can see fat bars, ethnicity bars, whatever being played out, but I truly can’t think of something as niche as dog dick. If Inno capitalizes on that, he’ll be good, but Exis does have more battle experience lately between the two of them.

Inno: 60/40

[bleak]
This is one Sharp wanted, and I liked the suggestion. Neither are polished, but that's not what this is about. I get a gritty fist fight vibe. This will be trench warfare, personal madness. Inno gets the edge for general writing experience, although Ex has been more active recently. You know I used to get Inno and Geno mixed up? How is that even possible?

Inno 70/30

Nigma vs. Infiltrate

[Sharp]
This battle has some X factors. First, Inf doing something stupid with the rules is always a possibility. Nigma is also relatively unknown as a battler here, and I don’t expect anyone to slog through LA archives the way I did to find out his strengths and weaknesses. If anything, Infiltrate is at risk of sleeping on Nigma or not knowing enough about him to come personal. Nigma, on the other hand, is looking at a well known and respected battler with few truly new personal angles to take. I think it’ll come down to Inf’s creativity in generating generics vs Nigma’s ability to think of new angles for an old head.
Unless Inf knows Nigma, in which everything I said is bullshit.

Infiltrate: 65/35

[bleak]
Honestly I don't think there is a battle rap thread that Inf hasn't seen at least once. He helped collect our archives back for NC2 if I'm not mistaken. Plz fact check me if I'm wrong. I, for one, know not a thing about Nigma but I am interested to see what he has in store. Inf is established, he may have taken a break after SC but I don't see him losing anything from it. I see Infiltrate as one of the favorites here, and if he champs, you heard it here first.

Inf 70/30

Editor's note: bleak may be thinking Trap, who is not Trag.

Sinacog vs Objective

[Sharp]
In a nutshell, this is looking like ‘something’s missing’ vs ‘everything’s missing’. Objective pretty much just has to show up with something that hits, while Sinacog needs to come up with better concepts and deliver them in a way that makes the concepts the star. Considering Objective can handle topicals well and Sinacog hasn’t really had a punch land, Objective is the safer bet if he shows, but Sinacog is aiming to battle, and if Objective has a weaker verse, one punch really could make all the difference.

Objective: 65/35

[bleak]
I can't lie, I don't think I have ever read an Objective battle verse. I am familiar with his topical work from when I dabbled, he knows how to write a line. Fuck it I'll go read one. About what I expected from topical head, needs to crest that hill. I honestly don't think he will have trouble here, Sin has kinda dropped a gold mine of quote personals lol. Sinacog needs to regear his thinking of a punchline. He understands how this works, but there has to be a play on words, a flip. Conceptual expansion @Lenox sign in. But seriously read Namix's tutoring group in the archives if u are serious about improving. You know how to use multis at least but damn that accent.

OBJ 60/40

Resin vs Jabari Black

[Sharp]
I think bleak may have set up a classic with this matchup. If this isn’t battle of the week, idk what is. Both have unique styles and are creative with their wordplay. It may come down to the specific voters and what they like. To my knowledge, JB hasn’t dropped on here since the BAL and 1-2, but he doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy to get rusty fast. Resin is displaying some creativity in the cypher already so I get the feeling his concepts won’t feel dated, forced, or corny. JB has a hugely uphill battle here, but I think he just knows the style well enough where it’ll be too close for me to call in good conscious. Having thought it through multiple times, I could imagine either one winning so many ways, so I’ll just shut up and let the battle speak for itself.

Either way: 50/50

[bleak]
In what should be a highlight - we have old school, new flavor vs new school, same flavor. I'm a fan of JB's style, even incorporating a couple little things from him in my own 1-2 run. It's weird for me because I want to believe he isn't an insulated alias, but he is much too polished to not have more experience than he lets on. Resin pops up every now and then, glad to see him here. As Sharp said, he seems pretty up to speed when you read his cypher posts, I look forward to how this battle plays out.

Split 50/50

Cred vs. DMS

[Sharp]
Okay, bleak, all the good karma from that last matchup is gone. DMS is just a baby of 20 years. He's a kik texcee, which is something new, but I think that's just what the youngsters do now instead of Facebook groups. Cred, given the chance, could murder him in so many ways, text included. DMS has some decent wording and never seems to stretch a bar out, which is good, but if he's doing the same old I don't see it standing up next to a cred verse.

Cred: 75/25

[bleak]
Don't underestimate DMS, my friend. This may look one sided but DMS had some solid gunbars in BAL. That's the reason I matched him with Cred, so he can show him how to do it properly. #DMSguns2019

Cred 80/20 but DMS will learn something

Karaoke vs Plot

[Sharp]
Plot’s in a tough spot with this. He’s a source of personal info in discussion who doesn’t battle often, so anything personal can be done fresh. Karaoke reads and flips discussion like it’s his job, so he has a dangerous level of material to work with. This is really Karaoke’s battle to lose, and if doesn’t capitalize on everything very well, Plot still needs to go at Karaoke with something. If I were in his shoes, I’d keep it short - Karaoke verses don’t tend to taper off - try to take a current event or two, flip it so it’s relevant to him, and maybe dedicate a bar or two to the petty forum beefs. See, it’s easy, I theoretically beat Karaoke.

It’s not that easy.

Karaoke: 75/25

[bleak]
Karaoke comes in off a title in our recent alias disaster, which some say has cemented his spot in the hall. Here in week 1 he looks to grab an expected W, but we shouldn't count Plot out here. If he shows, his bars aren't trash. I still see KK picking up a win but this could be better than most expect. Some voters don't necessarily like his straightforward, no-frills style. If KK decides to drop more than 10 this is a foregone conclusion. Plot better show, he signs in to literally all of these leagues.

KK 60/40

Qualm vs DynamiCz

Prediction withheld pending confirmation from either battler.

Allen Knight vs bleak

[Sharp]
AK's so respected for a reason. He can probably coast on the fumes of his notepad file to 100 wins but he's just clever. No way around it. He can make any angle hit with his creative treatment and he has a great mind for wordplay. bleak is on the come up, but I don't know if he's come that far. I know both well enough to say both can lack motivation, but with AK you really wouldn't see it nearly as much as you do with bleak. It would take a perfect storm for bleak to win out here, but I can't rule him out.

Allen Knight: 65/35

[bleak]
gl to AK. -b

[b'scorner.mp4]

[bleak]

[Where You At?]
[Sharp]

Ironically, this is where I @ people I think should be signing in and why.

@Knucklehead
His case for HOF, while part discussion board views/replies fodder, is going to look stronger whenever his wins/champed list is updated. He has a chance here to shut down some naysayers though, and with the jimmies he's rustled over the years, our friend demonik is going to need all the resume padding he can get to be HOF.

@Blue Bayou
Despite all the jokes, I think it's fair to say that we take Blue's ability to drop a solid 10 in a matter of seconds for granted. I think Blue should be signing in, if only for the simple fact that this is a league where he would be guaranteed 6 battles and would get some recognition for his work. This mag should prove that statement.

@ORC
I came across a visitor message where Orc had said: "You almost made me get active and make this site much better again. It would only take half a day. The audacity of your actions. Luckily I’m busy." this is a great time to show up for the culture. Don't have to lift a finger except to type ‘faggot’ and hit enter 10x (and someone would probably still vote for him).

@Destroyer
Honestly, I don't think Des has anything to prove, anything to gain or lose, he's just a good battler and I respect his contributions to the culture. It'd be cool to see him battle as a mod again.

@sral
Really, there's no huge benefit for this. If Lars were in the HOF tomorrow, I wouldn't bat an eye, but I'd be willing to bet if anyone disagrees, it's someone in the battle crowd. They should see him kill it as a battler (which he already has). Selfishly, I think he'd bring a unique style and some deadly oppositional research to keep things fresh and interesting.

@Amen
Of all the ‘glory days’ boarders, I think I've seen Amen do the least. I was surprised to see him participate in 1-2 at all, let alone stick with it enough to champ. He could be a threat here, but I've rarely seen him drop more than 2 lines at a time.

@Maximus
Rayge get the fuck in here. I know max as a battler first though he's lately found a home in topicals. Having developed skills as a technical writer I feel like this guy could now tear a bar the fuck up from so many different angles.

[Outro]
[Sharp]

Well, so ends another marathon Sharp mag. Like I've said, I truly believe this site is still poised to do leagues well and I aim to prove it over these six weeks. Shout out to bleak for his work - all sections credited to him and music -and murdering simulated me 550 times. (Any battles you want to see simulated next week? Let us know.) But we've put up our end. Our mags can only improve if you give us something to write about and that's exactly what I'm expecting out of week one. Stay tuned for a pic roast week 2. See you next Tuesday, once we're in the swing of things mags will have to start going up the day after battles. Peace.

Last edited by Sharp; 01-21-2019 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:55 PM   #2
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

Flames. Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp
your school was a barn yet your dumb ass has a higher score in training.
Fucking gone

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter

Last edited by bleak; 01-20-2019 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:56 PM   #3
SHECK WES

Battle Record: 3-3

SHECK WES has a brilliant futureSHECK WES has a brilliant futureSHECK WES has a brilliant futureSHECK WES has a brilliant futureSHECK WES has a brilliant futureSHECK WES has a brilliant futureSHECK WES has a brilliant futureSHECK WES has a brilliant futureSHECK WES has a brilliant futureSHECK WES has a brilliant futureSHECK WES has a brilliant future

Lol sheesh this was dope. Thank you guys but fuck you kill spree I’m coming for your head after I kill incredible and allen
Old 01-20-2019, 09:37 PM   #4
Ryno
Retired

Battle Record: 12-10

Ryno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant future

Oh my... this was dope af
Old 01-21-2019, 08:03 AM   #5
Exis

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

@Sharp @bleak...Thanks I think lol, lol times 2 @ the dog shit...funny niggas.

All good fellas, I will continue to show regardless of all the negative feed I'll receive durin' it.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:09 AM   #6
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exis View Post
@Sharp @bleak...Thanks I think lol, lol times 2 @ the dog shit...funny niggas.

All good fellas, I will continue to show regardless of all the negative feed I'll receive durin' it.
Just airing it out now so we don't see 10000 dog lines lol.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:12 AM   #7
Exis

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

Lol oh we will...
Old 01-21-2019, 08:22 AM   #8
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

This was a good read, appreciate the effort. Sharp is on point.

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz
Old 01-21-2019, 05:05 PM   #9
BodySnatcher
Hail Mary Haymakers

Battle Record: 17-7

Champed
- BAL Roast
- Battle Arena League
- BAL Season Champ

BodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant future

@Nick James...
Old 01-21-2019, 05:10 PM   #10
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodySnatcher View Post
OK then who tf said you're nick lol?
Old 01-21-2019, 05:52 PM   #11
Allen Knight
The Bad Guys.

Battle Record: 106-34

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Key to Greatness I
- BA Cypher Tournament
- Tag Team Tournament I
- Fight Night LXXVI
- Time to Kill V
- Fight Night LXXX
- 1-2 Punch League
- Fight Night Cypher II
- Key Grand Prix IV
- NBL Cypher (7x)
- Throwdown Cypher
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- BA Cypher III
- Fight Night 1
- Tag Team Tournament V

Allen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond repute

Dope shit. Yahll
Old 01-21-2019, 05:54 PM   #12
Kill Spree

Kill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Knight View Post
Dope shit. Yahll
better show for your tourney battle

dope mag
Old 01-21-2019, 05:55 PM   #13
BodySnatcher
Hail Mary Haymakers

Champed
- BAL Roast
- Battle Arena League
- BAL Season Champ

BodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant future

Zelph and bleak ran with it. Zelph, Jabari, D yn or anyone in Team USA battle can confirm im not. I still don't know who this man is. LOL

Last edited by BodySnatcher; 01-21-2019 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:09 PM   #14
DynamiCz
..GunbaR MessiaH..

Battle Record: 16-10

Champed
- Battle Arena League

DynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant futureDynamiCz has a brilliant future

Besides this being dope

Props to all who contributed to the mag lol second @bleak that 1-2 shit don't count, talk about the actual 2 text battles you lost :)))

Dope mag tho!
Old 01-21-2019, 06:11 PM   #15
Cred
The Biggest

Battle Record: 67-32

Accomplishments
- Gun Bar King

Champed
- Fight Night 3
- Fight Night 10
- Fight Night 12
- Battle Arena League

Cred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond repute

this shit went kuuuu

respect @Sharp @bleak

league gon be fye fasho
Old 01-21-2019, 06:14 PM   #16
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

He was a little off the deep end at times but cool enough... I was kinda worried about dude's mental state tbh

Edit impending
Old 01-21-2019, 06:25 PM   #17
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

I'll only admit Body is not Nick James when he admits that Nick Foles is not the greatest QB of all time

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
Old 01-21-2019, 06:33 PM   #18
BodySnatcher
Hail Mary Haymakers

Champed
- BAL Roast
- Battle Arena League
- BAL Season Champ

Fuck you, your one "running" joke is dead. I said Nick Foles da God, not THE best QB ever. He's not even my favorite QB of all-time. But Nick Foles STILL da God.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:45 PM   #19
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Hot take

I like Foles more than Wentz

I'll try to ignore the underdog backstory (I can't) and 26-2 (I can't). He spread the ball around better than Wentz and generally wasn't under-throwing receivers the way Wentz did. Plus, Wentz is turning into a potential career injury risk and is from a Dakota (which is basically Fargo) while Foles fit into tho system well enough and made some great clutch plays. Only under Nick Foles could we joke 'Eagles at 3rd & 15.... Right where we want them'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cred View Post
this shit went kuuuu

respect @Sharp @bleak

league gon be fye fasho
Only gonna be fire if people like you shown up gawd
Old 01-21-2019, 07:06 PM   #20
BodySnatcher
Hail Mary Haymakers

Champed
- BAL Roast
- Battle Arena League
- BAL Season Champ

Lol Facts....aka NOT Nick James, my nigga. Lol

Last edited by BodySnatcher; 01-21-2019 at 07:20 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
sinacog wins it all