Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > Netcees Writers League: Season 1 > Archives

User Tag List

Old 10-09-2018, 10:09 PM   #1
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute
Default WEEK IV MAG: SWAG N FLOW EDITION!!!

NWL WEEK IV MAG

Intro video

Battle Previews Week IV:
By: Innovator

CHAMP MATCH

John Dillinger vs Lucipher Howlz

This is the season first champ match and tbh this should be a good one. Both opponents haven’t lost this season so somethings got to give lol. John won last week with and impressive showing of haikus against victor. While Luci is 2-0 and is looking to up 3-0 with a win against adonis. John seems to be getting a lot more comfortable on this side of the site. This weeks format is right up his ally so he should post some dope ish. Haven’t seen a swag n flow verse from Luci but I’m assuming he’s not a slouch in this format. Overall this is s toss up for me, both are on point and both could easily win this. I’m going to give this to John Dillinger tho cuz I feel like this format leans towards him more. 60/40

dead man vs Pancakebrah

Ok so this one has potential to be a classic. Dead man comes in with al line clout in the world. As I’ve mentioned before he and cake are some of favorite writes on here. I’ve never seen deadman post a swag n flow verse, it’s not his style from what I gather of his writing. Now that I think about I’ve never seen cake post one either. Regardless though both are talented writers and I appreciate them going out of their comfort zones to compete this week. As far as my pick, it’s tough becuase going against dead man is never a wise choice lol, but then again so is going against cake. I’m going to edge it out to cake though becuase I feel like I’ve seen talk smack in the discussions, so for that I got cake by an asshair. Looking forward to this battle. 55/45

Bleak vs Big Bolo

This could be a good one, Bolo stay taking shit even after getting slaughtered by diablo lol. Props though dude doesn’t back down I can appreciate that. Once again he signed out but turned around and challenged bleak to a swag n flow battle. Bolo is a decent topicaist and battler, and apparently he’s a boxer too because he’s fighting JD this week irl. The kid has his plate full, let’s hope he shows up. Bleak holds his own on NC, an up and comer who’s proven he’s got the potential to elevate. Right now most would agree he’s a mid tier but had the potential to take it a step further. He hasn’t had good luck in the league but it’s still early, I like bleaks writing. I think I’m going with bleak on this one simple because outside of what he’s posted in here, I don’t know his writing. Prove me wrong Bolo. Bleak 70/30

Flow vs Lenox

2 new Comers to the league, both signed up to participate in this weeks swag n flow format, welcome. The homie flow is a dope battler and soon to be a 50 wins alum. He’s been around for a long time but in the past 2 years he’s made a name for himself in the battle arena. A consistent contender with a sick style of his own, although he’s probably drunk when he doesn’t post verse becuase I have to decipher most of his post lol, flow the homie tho. I’m thinking he’s comfortable with format or atleast he better learn, his fucking name is flow lol. His opponent the young god Lenox is always going to bring his best, another old members who’s made a name for himself in recent months. Lenox is young and sometimes can be a bit moody like a virgin on proactive. But Lenox is cool peeps and he’s got the battle chops to take this from flow. Interesting battle here tbh, could go either way if Lenox brings that Kik heat lol. I got Flow in this one though as he’s been consistently battling and winning. 60/40

Mr. J vs Adonis

A battle of old AOWL members and staples of NC. Adonis is coming off a long hiatus from the site. From what he posted against Luci in last weeks spotlight battle, rust should not be a problem this week. Although he claims he doesn’t know what a swag n flow verse(lie). J is a dope writer who’s been competing on NC since the beginning, and I’ve fairly sure he’s made it to an AOWL finals. The kid writes dope stuff consistently. An open mic’er with an original style. I’ll admit I haven’t peeped his work lately so I don’t know if he’s versed in swag n flow. This one is a toss up for sure, technically both are equally dope so this will probably be a decided by preference. For me though I think I’m going with J as he hasn’t been gone from the site and has dropped here and there. Adonis should brings some dope ish but we shall see, make it a good one gents. J 70/30

Victor vs Knucklehead

WOOOOOO!!!!! Now this battle here I’m excited for why you ask. Simple, both of these guys are battle veterans. Both guys are fully versed in swag n flow, both are excellent at talking shit lol. I mean this is the only battle with both opponents coming from a battling background. What can I say about Vic that haven’t already said. Dude is on another level with the wordsmithing lol. I’ve never read a swag n flow verse from him but I’m postive he won’t disappoint. Knucklehead on the other hand is also a dope vet who honestly can take any one out if he chooses to. I enjoyed his kus last week and if that’s any indication of what he will bring this week, Vic better not sleep on the Jew ginger. Looking forward to this battle. If dead man or cake don’t show this battle has potential to be BOTW. Honestly can’t decide who to give it to so ama just sit back and enjoy. 50/50

Battle Reviews Week III:

Victor vs John Dillinger

Ok so this battle was pretty dope. Both dudes dropped some hot GUNBAR kus last week with the votes going for JD. Honestly for me I thought it was closer than the votes suggested and even though JD was impressive. I thought victor took this with much cleaner kus and better use of the GUNBAR format. I thought he captured the topic with a better phrasing and flow. Plus all three of his kus seemed to blend together a bit better. JD to me had the more swag of of the 2 and I think that’s what voters gravitated towards. Loved his first ku but wasn’t to fond of his other 2. So overall I thought Vic took this but props to JD for taking this battle and propelling himself to this weeks champ match. Thanks and enjoyed the read.

knucklehead vs Sharp

Ok so this was a nice battle right here. Both came with some heat with the GUNBAR kus. I thought sharps Second ku was fire tbh. While Knucks first ku was his best. Honestly both showed up and blessed us with doe kus. Although the overal results went to Knuck as he’s been around for so long I don’t it matters what format he has to write GUNBARS. He’s good at those and people sleep on ya boy. I def enjoyed reading this battle, thank you gents

Bleak vs Score

So score signed in quickly signed out, then before you could blink he signed back in to ultimately no show lmao. Thanks guy, anyway Bleak dropped some dope kus and it’s a shame he didn’t get to put up his kus against an opponent. I enjoyed his first ku, I thought it was clever and he tied it in nicely with the end line. But I think he knew score wasn’t going to show and probably phoned it in for the other 2 kus. His first ku was outstanding and I enjoyed the read, thanks for showing.

Pancakebrah vs Innovator

Ok so I enjoyed writing for this battle becuase I knew I had to bring some heat with my kus. My approach with this battle like all my battles was it focus on a more poetic type of tone. I’ve come to realize I’m not to good with straight literal verses, no matter the format. So I thought I could mix the GUNBAR lingo with some abstract as a foundation. While cake came with more creative phrasing which ultimately won this for me. Honestly all three of his kus where tough to beat I think my last ku was probably my best one. Still I fell short and cake took this one, props. Enjoyed this a lot. Thanks for the match cake.

POWER RANKINGS:

1:Pancakebrah
2:Diablo
3:John Dillinger
4:Lucipher Howlz
5:dead man

WEEK IV INTERVIEWS
By: cereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal
1: shadow

1: How do you first get involved with running the rap story league?

I was just dedicated to writing and back on the old site, i wanted writers to know that i was just as dedicated to the league as anyone else. So instead of just letting the league tamper off, Tacky and I took bigger roles in running the league.

2: Who is your favourite movie character?

This is tough. I tend to relate to the characters who struggle with finding "peace" or "love". Loners that hides their emotions so the people around you can enjoy happiness, even if you aren't. Character like Severus Snape or Spiderman. Spiderman growing up was my guy. Sacrificing his desires for the greater good. Even though at times he had a love interest.

3: At what age did you hear your first hip-hop track?

Probably in 92/93. It was either Dre's chronic album or Snoop's Doggie style album. My mother would play it extremely loud so i had no real choice but to listen to it. She actually use to listen to some of them with the "clean" cut for our sake but when i got a little older, i told her that the clean cut doesn't sound the same. I let her listen to the clean version of "Thug Luv" verse the explicit version and she never bought a 'clean' version again. lol

4: Favourite screen name you have seen?

I can't remember them but Nom and Dex always had the best screenname. Those two are also my favorite writers as well.

5: Have you ever visited a library/church/art gallery for inspiration?

I tend to find inspiration in all aspect of life nowadays. Growing up, i never had the luxury to really go anywhere so i learned to grow inspiration from the experiences of others as well as myself.

6: What is your favourite character you have written?

I never written a "character". The characters never really mattered to me. It was their stories that mattered to me.

7: How many time's is the most amount, you listened to one hip hop track?

lawd! I used to listen to the same track on repeat for hours...Music was the only way i could escape from my heartache and pain. However, this was the worse thing i ever did to myself. Instead of using those tracks as a way to express myself, i used those track as a way to deaden my emotions so i couldn't feel "pain" anymore. There was a point in my life where i felt like i had nothing. No one to talk to and turn to so i thought that if i could kill that feeling, i could be happy again. That was the worse thing i could do but as a kid, i couldn't think of another way of relief

8: Favourite flavor icecream?

Cookies n Cream

9: Have you ever made a snowman?

Nope! I didn't like being in the cold and my parents never did anything like that with me.

10: What is the best cheap music cd you have purchased?

I believe it was Stylez P back in 2001 or something lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal
2: LKross

1 Favorite hip hop label

So many good ones out there. From my child hood at least. My favorite probly gotta be roc tho its really like a dynasty/umbrella they got the lox they got state property/chain gang they had dipset an them. Kinda a power house right there but u kno honorable mention to no limit shady aftermath an deff jam who bought out the roc an was smart enough to not change a thing.

2 politics

Lol man. Probly not gonna like this answer I'm sure ur lockin for some conservative liberal left right red blue type answer but I don't got love for none of em honestly. The way I see the lines drawn out is rich an poor. I don't kno why broke liberals feel as part of the system as their rich counter parts. Look at the hood u think it's just savage dogs that live there? No they're no different from anyone just thrown in a hostile situation. U think the government couldn't do things to slowly over time break up the hostility and hopelessness? If course they could but these areas keep getting worse because they don't want to. In fact they set up these little traps that were stuck in. They want us broke and violent. They want us peddling drugs and killing each other. They want us in prison. It's a class genocide and they've got the game set just how they want it... u wanna kno my politics? Hood politics. Ghetto politics. We need to unite the lower class get our heads out of our ass an realize that we need to stop doin what they designed for us. They separate us division in our own people is our weakness we do a better job of eliminating ourselves then they do by far. We need unity.

3 college

Yeah I went to college for like half a semester. Got some student loans an grants type deal an got kicked out so fast kinda on the politics thing I was talkin about. Just bein too hood which was normal life for me. Another instance of where they don't want us to get out of the hood an jerk us unprepared for real life outside if prison which they BANK on. Kinda sad.

4 Media

Well I started off writing poetry got published in one of those mass poetry books. I've recorded music almost every way of recording since cassette tapes lol I've done countless live shows I've had my music played on the radio. Wow I've done pretty much everything except get on tv lol but I have made music videos so

5 where do u live

I live in Columbus the capitol of Ohio which right now is sort of in a cr**** with heroin an opioids I kno they're pretty bad all over right but it seems like we have more junkies an over dose deaths than anyone else I talk to. My own mom is actually a pill fiend. Surprised I didn't end up on any heavy drugs. I mean I've done a lot of heavy drugs but never got stung out to the point I ruined myself for the future. I'm aight lol

6 Ever performed live?

I'm gonna be 32 next month I did my first stage performance when I was fifteen or maybe sixteen at the time an I did my most recent one a few months ago. I been slowin down this year but I'm still on it I've done more shows than I could even try to remember. I love performing almost as much as I love makin the songs themselves

7 do u gamble
Na I have before but honestly life is such a gamble in the projects I feel like I get plenty in. Every day is a possible bust an u can't do much to control the odds u kno

8 what kind of mic do u use

Kinda got lucky here I had a cheap jls I got used for fifty bucks but my ceo had a extra mic for me it's audio technica about three hundred bucks an sounds great

9 how long u been writin

Oh man. Don't ask questions u don't want the answer to XD I started writing when I was... twelve or thirteen so damn I guess I've been writin for twenty years now or close to it. Shit the artist in me is almost old enough to buy alcohol lol I've been doin this long enough I've watched hip hop go thru like four or five major stage changes. An honestly this new one is by far the worst I'm glad u didn't ask me nothin about new wave this woulda gone on forever lmao

10 who is ur favorite artist

Man so many great lyricists and deep thinkers like krs one black thought immortal technique mos def an talib kweli then so many amazing styles like twista bone thugs too short freeway an big l. It's so hard to name one person havin said all that tho my favorite rapper ever is big pun. People always wanna argue wit me that only like the really gangster rappers an I always say the same thing u don't gotta be a gangster just be real. I feel cats like Louis logic an mc front a lot cuz they're not fake they tell u exactly how not thug they are an it's fine not too be an I love the realness an honesty of cats like that. But I'm from the hood for the hood so of course when rappers more like me are also keepin it all the way a hundred I feel it more I can connect an relate so it's more personal for me. So yeah big pun great lyricist amazing style an delivery real cat that keeps it real on the track I feel like pun will never have an equal. An if he ever does it's gonna be me.

OUTRO

ok folks that’s it for this weeks mag I hope you actually read it and enjoy the effort. Shouts to @Cereal for contributions to the mag. NEXT WEEK we go back to traditional topicals so look forward to that. Thanks again for letting entertain you fellas with countless grammatical errors. Enjoy and see you next week bitches!!! I’m out - Inno.

@PancakeBrah @John Dillinger @Adonis @Diablo @Flow @Lenox @Victor @Knucklehead @Sharp @Big Bolo @bleak @Lucipher Howlz @dead man

Last edited by Inno; 10-10-2018 at 11:47 PM.
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:03 AM   #2
Lenox
Hungry

Battle Record: 1-5

Lenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant future

Thanks for the mag yo
Lenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:50 AM   #3
Cereal
killa

Battle Record: 1-6

Cereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant future

looks floss cheers, i'll send the boys to have a look at it.. hopefully they join :) good luck guys
Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:09 AM   #4
Flow
Upset Champion

Battle Record: 57-49

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher
- 1-2 Punch league Season 9

Flow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant future

Good read
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabari Black View Post
Flow....that punch was disgusting. Mvgt Flow
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:28 AM   #5
John Dillinger

Battle Record: 8-7

Accomplishments
-NBL Pic Roast

Champed
-Netcees Writers League

John Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant future

Some good battles lined up this week

Flow vs Lenny should be a dope one.

Good interview too @Cereal those dudes should slide over to NC

And lol

Quote:
apparently he’s a boxer too because he’s fighting JD this week irl. The kid has his plate full
John Dillinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:33 PM   #6
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the love peeps
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote