Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 02-20-2014, 06:36 AM   #41
Just C

Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C

I can't imagine (Unless you're a top tier name) making enough money to make it a financially viable career path.

You wont be paid that much. $100 a couple hundred per battle?

You'd have to pay your own travel and accommodation

You have to write 3 rounds per battle each round a minute and a half, 2 maybe 3 minutes of content.

Battling once maybe twice a month (tops)

If you're blessed enough to have the talent to grind through that long earning your stripes process or have the contacts to get ya foot in the door pretty much from the off, with the talent to boot, then yeah.

But the truth is battle rappers are a dime a dozen, it's mad saturated now and 90% of them just don't have the talent to earn the good money.
Just C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:50 AM   #42
Texcellence
7 were no shows

Battle Record: 0-11

Texcellence is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just C View Post
But the truth is battle rappers are a dime a dozen, it's mad saturated now and 90% of them just don't have the talent to earn the good money.
Amen.

The smart battlers use battling live as a platform to advertise, almost like an affiliate scheme because they're selling to an audience they know exists. Whether it's an EP or a clothing line the top tier battlers are always asking us to check something out in their intros.

But like Just said the market has become over saturated and it's harder now to rank up because skill takes second place to popularity.

I guarantee you Hollow made more money from the sales of his hoodies (which he was wearing in the battle) than Lux reportedly earned for showing up.
Texcellence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:48 AM   #43
Answer
He / Him / His

Battle Record: 20-1

Champed
- Summer Classic IX
- Netcees Battle League
- Fight night 15

Answer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant future

lol @ dudes acting like they need 6 figures to do a battle. Most of yall been texting over a decade and never received more than like $50 from one tourney way back when. Diode is like the only dude with a viable excuse I've seen

Last edited by Answer; 02-20-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #44
Tettris
Retiree

Battle Record: 10-2

Champed
- Netcees Battle League

Tettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant future

went and saw my homey Eulogy (yall know him as Vern Acular) do it around here...he's nice....and honestly, its not that much different from txt battling as far as writing style...

I'm just not into popularity contests, 35 dudes on a stage at a time, no order, ignorant people, etc.

tbh...we should nominate a netcees representative and all chip in and ghostwrite him to the top hahaha
Old 02-20-2014, 12:10 PM   #45
Sicc

I know a few dudes from LB, that I've known for a long time on KOTD, Smack, URL and GTN. Not much of a difference in writing as Tettris said, just add a bunch of multi's/filler and you should be straight, lol.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:02 PM   #46
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Battle Record: 3-7

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD

i have a bad memory at recalling things I write, even when im in a studio/booth - i end up needing a pad to reference at least.

secondly, i already have enough bad publicity on the net - so along the same reasons diode said

i prolly wouldn't snuff anyone though, bc you end up lookin more bitchmade than if u just took the L

but yeah, I'd def end up freestyling over my writtens bc I would simply forget, or become forgetful and than have it compounded by stage fright to a degree, and then that might even hinder my free'ing too bc i would become frustrated.

so i prefer to just ghostwrite (which ppl still dont believe on here, lol) - but its very obv if u actually found out who it was that i 'help' and then reference some of my schemes ive put up here. Plus, I get doe win/lose/ or draw that way, regardless.

I've done it in the past, when I was in college at what were called 'hush shows' though. But that was all freestyle, and I was rhyming ALOT more then (Studio and cypher wise)
and competed verse pretty well established ppl that do it still from the orlando area.

A. bove T. he R. est
Rawn MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:13 PM   #47
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawn MD View Post
i have a bad memory at recalling things I write, even when im in a studio/booth - i end up needing a pad to reference at least.

secondly, i already have enough bad publicity on the net - so along the same reasons diode said

i prolly wouldn't snuff anyone though, bc you end up lookin more bitchmade than if u just took the L

but yeah, I'd def end up freestyling over my writtens bc I would simply forget, or become forgetful and than have it compounded by stage fright to a degree, and then that might even hinder my free'ing too bc i would become frustrated.

so i prefer to just ghostwrite (which ppl still dont believe on here, lol) - but its very obv if u actually found out who it was that i 'help' and then reference some of my schemes ive put up here. Plus, I get doe win/lose/ or draw that way, regardless.

I've done it in the past, when I was in college at what were called 'hush shows' though. But that was all freestyle, and I was rhyming ALOT more then (Studio and cypher wise)
and competed verse pretty well established ppl that do it still from the orlando area.

lol @ rawn in a studio

oh my god that just made my afternoon

thx rawn
Old 02-20-2014, 01:21 PM   #48
Sicc

Tags are lame as fuck btw, props to the corny faggots who create them, smh.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:40 PM   #49
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD

@Diode I have tracks ul'd bro

posted them b4

i usta produce n record on the daily - lost a shtload of material from moves and stuff, but some are still uploaded, although old - but, yes I've had studio time b4 lol

A. bove T. he R. est
Old 02-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #50
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawn MD View Post
@Diode I have tracks ul'd bro

posted them b4

i usta produce n record on the daily - lost a shtload of material from moves and stuff, but some are still uploaded, although old - but, yes I've had studio time b4 lol
LINKS NOW.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #51
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

@Diode

check ya pm's

they from early 2000 though, but yeah...

A. bove T. he R. est
Old 02-20-2014, 02:23 PM   #52
anime_boners
Bisky-chama <3

Battle Record: 0-1

anime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond repute

honestly if battling like it is now in written leagues was poppin when I was actually into battling - I woulda played my hand at it.

at this point, I do MAYBE 1 text verse a year? and I have to actually sit and force myself to do it. I've lost a great deal of interest in it. Hell, anymore I find myself even having a hard time watching a full battle.. with the fucking like absurd 10 minute rounds and shit.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:17 PM   #53
murda sho
Shonami Surf

Battle Record: 24-16

Champed
- Bad Blood II
- BA Tag
- BA Tag Tournament IV
- 1-2 Punch League
- Shadow Boxing

murda sho has a brilliant futuremurda sho has a brilliant futuremurda sho has a brilliant futuremurda sho has a brilliant futuremurda sho has a brilliant futuremurda sho has a brilliant futuremurda sho has a brilliant futuremurda sho has a brilliant futuremurda sho has a brilliant futuremurda sho has a brilliant futuremurda sho has a brilliant future

Cause there's no extentions.

"aim impeccable if I miss somebody I aint seen em in a while"
murda sho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
answer is garbage, its like no1 hears answer, no1 hears answer like himself, nox lame as fuck, nox su kow, nox tries w all his heart, rawn done everything, rawn ghostwrites microscopic