Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Open Mic Section

User Tag List

Old 10-11-2018, 03:33 PM   #1
Vammy

Vammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant future
Default another video for the homies (feed for feed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNTSQhOABUc
Vammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:45 PM   #2
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Nothing about the thirty plus seconds of this I watched was good. Sorry man. I can be more specific if you like.

I recommend a lot of things.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 11:12 PM   #3
Vammy

Vammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant futureVammy has a brilliant future

alright recommend them
Old 10-14-2018, 09:36 AM   #4
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Well...

First of all thank you for not being defensive.

Your camera was grainy and low quality. Your sound quality was subpar.

Your content was nonsensical and your delivery was awkward and phony.

Thank you for allowing me to say these things. You are now on the path of growth.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 03:58 PM   #5
Victor.
Punchline Prettyboy

Battle Record: 7-0

Champed
- Fight Night 6

Victor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant future

Yeah the camera was bad

Real bad
Old 10-14-2018, 09:13 PM   #6
Vammy

The camera quality is purposeful (i edited the video so you couldn't see my face and added graininess in post to give a mysterious vibe)

Just saying in case anyone else wants to give feed
Old 10-14-2018, 09:43 PM   #7
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

G.O.D.: English Language Patch V1.00

Introduction:

Japanese Developer: Infinity
Japanese Publisher: Imagineer
Japanese Release: December 20, 1996
English Patch Production: Dynamic-Designs

Dynamic-Designs Patch History:

V0.99: Initial Dynamic-Designs release: April 1, 2018
V1.00: Updated Patch: May 8, 2018
Changes:
Shaman Bun name fixed in the Bun Menu - Thanks akualung
Bun Medicine description in the Bun King menu edited - Thanks Bwah117
Scarab Beetle bestiary description fixed - Thanks MariusB
Edited some contradictory Mom dialog - Thanks someone (?) on reddit.
Enemy named Damian changed to Damien - Thanks Bwah117
Clarification to "Duck-Duck" psycho description - Thanks Bwah117
A few typos fixed and some text improved- Thanks Bwah117
Fixed a line break with a sign in Snow Village - Thanks SylarDean
Fixed empty space on "Special" screen in battle from showing random descriptions - Thanks Bwah117
Fixed cursor position in the Chakra Command screen - Thanks Bwah117
Fixed characters not reviving in battle - Thanks to many people around the web. ;)
Fixed a situation where Ai's text did not display when visiting her grandmother. - Thanks Bwah117
Fixed a few more bun names in the bun menu - Thanks Bwah117

Dynamic-Designs Production Credits:

Project Coordination: Draken
Hacking/Tools/Bug Fixing: Bongo'
Assembly: Bongo'
Translation: Melonseller, Filler
Fonts: Taskforce
Graphics: Taskforce/Bongo`
Editing: Draken
Editing Support: Bwah117
Beta Testing: Bwah117, MariusB
Splash Screen: Draken

Game Description:

The game centers around the character of Gen, who wakes up in the middle of a post-alien apocalypse
world. After awakening a mysterious power inside his brain, he travels the world in search of others
like him, and he makes it his mission to defeat the aliens. (purposefully sparse to avoid too many
spoilers)

G.O.D. is a typical turn-based RPG in which Gen travels the globe. On his journey, he'll go to
real-life geographical locations, meet historical figures, and learn a series of special abilities
to help him take on the aliens. The game is FULL of puns and jokes, and it breaks the fourth wall on
occasion. Note that this humor is present in the ORIGINAL game; however, in some chases changes had
to be made in order to localize the humor for the English language.

Production and Testing:

This game's production started way back in 2014 when Bongo` approached me with another project he
wanted us to work on. I agreed to coordinate, and we quickly had Melonseller on board to work on the
translation. Translating was no easy task, but Melonseller was able to tackle the majority of the
material, working hard on getting accurate translations despite the numerous cultural references
and puns throughout the game; however, over time, we lost contact with each other, and production
slowed to a halt. Some time later, Filler agreed to continue where Melonseller had left off, and
many years after the project began, we finally had a completed script.

The script for the game contains numerous NPCs, items, monsters, etc. which were taken from history
or cultures from around the world. This required hundreds of hours of research on my part to better-
understand the nuances of the script. I have never spent so much time doing research for a project,
and it was actually quite a rewarding experience to learn so much. In addition, the script was
EXTREMELY dry in places, so dialogue had to be fleshed out in order to provide a better experience
for gamers. Note that I tried my best to keep dialogue in-line with the original message being
conveyed, and I did so with permission from those who helped translate the game.

Bongo' did a great job as always tackling bugs, ripping graphics, dumping/inserting text, etc. All
this work was done while he went back to school, worked a job to support his family, looked after
his kids, etc., so I want everyone who plays to know that even with all the pressures and
responsibilities of real life, he still made time to work tirelessly on this great game.

Before pushing the game into beta, Bwah117 was so gracious as to agree to test the game and lend
a hand at editing the scripts. He went above and beyond all expectations, working quickly and
methodically to ensure the story was succinct and without any errors or typos. The project
definitely could not have achieved such a polished state without his efforts.

Testing for the game was conducted swiftly and carefully by Bwah117 and MariusB. They provided a
great service to D-D, and helped us get the game out to the public much more quickly than I thought
possible.

This is the final project I will produce, and it's now time to head into that comfortable
armchair we call retirement. I simply do not have the luxury of time that I once had, nor do I see
any other SNES games that I really WANT to put the time into. However, I'm extremely proud of the
work done on this game (and other projects), and I'm very grateful to have worked with so many kind
and talented people over the many years. I got started in this hobby way back in 1996, and it has
been a wonderful ride!

-Draken-

Known Issues (SLIGHT SPOILERS):

1. When combining buns in the bun screen or when visiting the Bun King, you will sometimes encounter
different results. Not sure if this was originally intended.

2. Usually item discovery strings have been written for each chest you open, but on a few occasions,
they draw from one particular string. It was near-impossible to account for countable/uncountable
nouns, so there are a few occasions where the grammar of the sentence will state you "found the"
instead of "found a/an".

3. There are times, particularly after selecting yes/no, when the line of text will adjust upwards
slightly before clearing, instead of simply clearing.

4. After the final boss, there is a particular NPC who will continue to "move to the side" if he is
spoken to repeatedly.

5. After you use the "Declaration of Rights" to obtain the Gold Levistone, if you return to the
House of Salvation and speak with this NPC, he'll give you another one. A similar bug seems to
also occur with the Myaa Wine in Myaa Town.

6. Stonehenge location name will not appear when entering, but will show when you leave the bottom
of the maze.

7. The Nostradamus Quote before the "real" titled screen lacks ending punctuation and should really
have a comma after "1999". Sadly, there was no remaining space, so it will stay as is.

8. Equipping a "Cleaner Suit" won't stop the poison status effect from the "purple" ground in the
Great Pyramid and southern most pyramid in Egypt. It will disappear though once in battle.

9. There is a chance that IF you return the ship to Glover, it will still be accessible on the map.
Could not reproduce, so unsure if you will be affected.

10. Some graphics (signs/special attacks) were left in Japanese intentionally.

11. There's a point in the game when Batty gets a part-time job in New York. Later, his sprite is
gone, but if you search the same spot he was standing, his text will still display.

12. In Luna City, if you try to leave after getting about halfway through the area, the game will
bug out and hang.

13. If you cast Analyze on Duck-duck, his HP (part/whole) is reversed.

14. Leveling gets a little broken (in your favor) at higher levels when the Sun and Joy Chakras are
linked.

15. Having everyone cast Sing-Song-Sung one round, followed by Gaia Block Ω the next round causes
things to get sluggish. Probably a vram issue.

Patching:

Contained within this archive are an IPS (international patching system) file or a patch file in
another format for the end user's convenience that when used in conjunction with a ROM file will
make the game playable in English.

Do note that these patches are a result of countless hours of love and labor. Hence, they are not
meant to be sold at any price under any circumstance, be it in digital form or burnt into a donor
cart's ROM chip.

To patch the ROM file, one needs to procure a patcher for the preferred format, a widely available
class of programs, many of which can be found at www.romhacking.net for one source. A few can even
be found on our download page for your convenience.

At some point, ROM sites may upload pre-patched ROMs of our G.O.D. translation. Obviously, D-D
cannot endorse playing these versions, nor will we support resolution of any associated problems.
Moreover, pre-patched ROMs may float around the web for years. Only by downloading patches
containing just our original work from D-D's web site may gamers obtain revisions to these patches -
if any - and take advantage of possible bug-fixes and corrections.

Below is the information pertaining the ROM file our patch requires,
according to Nach's SNES ROM Tools:

---------------------Internal ROM Info----------------------
File: Mezame(J).sfc
Name: G.O.D Company: Imagineer
Header: None Bank: LoROM
Interleaved: None SRAM: 64 Kb
Type: Normal + Batt ROM: 24 Mb
ROM Speed: 200ns (SlowROM) Revision: 1.0
Checksum: Good 0x99DA Game Code: AGDJ
---------------------------Hashes---------------------------
CRC32: 4D2CE16F
MD5: ED35A998C76D415C518CDEE1959D2AFA
--------------------------Database--------------------------
Name: G.O.D - Mezameyo to Yobu Koe ga Kikoe
Port 1: Gamepad Port 2: Gamepad
Genre 1: RPG Genre 2: Unknown

*Also take SPECIAL NOTE that the original rom lacks a header. You may have to remove the header
from your ROM file, but don't worry as there are a variety of programs that do this, such as
SNESTool, Smile, Toolbox, etc.

Size before patching: 3.1 MB (3,145,728 bytes)

Size after patching: 4.2 MB (4,194,304 bytes)

Alternatively, most emulators support a feature called soft patching, which keeps the ROM file
intact, merging the patch data only during run time. To make use of it, make sure both the ROM file
and the IPS are on the same directory as your emulator of choice and have the same name, but not the
same extension. Do note that this is case-sensitive. (Also, do note this soft patching is only
available using the IPS patch file, and may NOT work with the other patch file formats.)

e.g: GOD.smc and GOD.ips will trigger soft patching at the emulator's run time.

Emulator Compatibility:

The game should behave itself properly in a wide range of emulators, but has only been fully tested
in Higan and Snes9x. Zsnes should be avoided. Though the game is fully playable from start to
finish in Zsnes, the dialog text display box does not write margins correctly, so it will not look
100% as intended. In addition, Bsnes should also not be used as, for some reason, it creates a
blurry effect on fonts used in the game.

Special Thanks:

To the families of all members at D-D and everyone involved on this project. Thank you so much for
putting up with us and allowing us the time to work on this great hobby!

Readme 2018 Dynamic-Designs
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:53 PM   #8
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Eng the one with the piece now

Tbh I don't get 'single shot' style vids. They never look good. How do you come to these lyrics? Seems real stream of thought
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:20 AM   #9
Vammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
Eng the one with the piece now

Tbh I don't get 'single shot' style vids. They never look good. How do you come to these lyrics? Seems real stream of thought
Ngl most of stuff is stream of thought, I’m making a song a week rn and that limits time to write something with a overarching story. (Although 2 out of 3 of my next tracks have stories in them)

Basically I just keystyle the song in a few minutes then edit in or out lines to make it flow better
Old 10-15-2018, 01:00 PM   #10
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vammy View Post
Ngl most of stuff is stream of thought, I’m making a song a week rn and that limits time to write something with a overarching story. (Although 2 out of 3 of my next tracks have stories in them)

Basically I just keystyle the song in a few minutes then edit in or out lines to make it flow better
That sounds about right. Tbh I think you'd be better off focusing on making at least one part of these songs stick out, cause without a memorable hook, verse, or something, you're not really gonna stand out much
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote