User Tag List

Old 08-26-2019, 09:28 AM   #101
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged View Post
did i not say word nigga? lol tf

anyway...

yes

lol word to Eng though, Grappler Baki is kinda fiire

yes

yes.

i got a book recommendation for you @veritas, not that you'd have any impetus to read it lol but shit...the universe works in strange ways nigga, anyway. God Man: The Word Made Flesh. It might speak to you.
@NYCSPITZ...recommend me a book negro
Hakagure

Reading kybalion now I once scanned it years ago shits short prob finish today. Vibration and visualization is key.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:36 AM   #102
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Champed
- Write Night II

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Also Terrence McKenna chillsteps and alan watts chillsteps inn YouTube be fire
Old 09-23-2019, 06:32 AM   #103
Ouch

Battle Record: 1-5

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Ouch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant future

yeah last book I read was stephen kings short stories and it had quitebas a few pages ripped out and stuff.

But over all i've read all the basics... like ... 1984(a bunch of times)... feihernet 451...of mice and men... that book that was from like.. i'm holden caufield... im gonna give my sister my hat so she doenst grow up and see the phonies... piggy don't get hit by the boulder blow the conch... and thats about it
Ouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:33 AM   #104
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Ouch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant future

ive read a few hunter thompson books.. I say bullshit
Old 09-23-2019, 06:36 AM   #105
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

I mean I like hunter thompson, but I dunno, didnt like it... I need some sort of story and a narative or else I feel like i'm reading a text book...

whats that fake black guy... malcom gladwell, I read a few of his books too... where he said david from the bible wasnt an underdog and explained how back in the day you could kill someone with a slingshot and how golliath was someone with thyroid disease
Old 09-23-2019, 09:36 AM   #106
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

drop me some good things to read... i'm not dumb but I also don't wanna read any super technical bullshit
Old 09-25-2019, 06:08 PM   #107
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
I mean I like hunter thompson, but I dunno, didnt like it... I need some sort of story and a narative or else I feel like i'm reading a text book...

whats that fake black guy... malcom gladwell, I read a few of his books too... where he said david from the bible wasnt an underdog and explained how back in the day you could kill someone with a slingshot and how golliath was someone with thyroid disease
New Malcolm Gladwell book called talking to strangers is fire

It revolves around Sandra Blands suicide but he takes the long route to explain the cop that pulled her over was a symptom of the systemic failure of our law enforcement agency to adhere to society's need for default to truth and recognition of our lack of ability to interpret transparency in diverse peoples.

Gonna update this sometime this week but I mostly just read technical bullshit ud hate and powerlifting manuals
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 08:07 PM   #108
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

https://deadspin.com/malcolm-gladwel...eep-1838381737
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:13 PM   #109
Ghost1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Who wrote that article ? The boy in the shower? For shame.
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:09 PM   #110
Pakistani Hand Cannon

Pakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSPITZ View Post
Hakagure
reading currently.

appreciate it.
Pakistani Hand Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 08:49 PM   #111
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Champed
- Write Night II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakistani Hand Cannon View Post
reading currently.

appreciate it.
I got you nigga...hope you find some passages which resonate...
Old 10-01-2019, 06:01 AM   #112
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

yeah my mom sent me that book the malcolm gladwell one that was about even if you seem too have been put at a disadvantage (me being from the hood and having a felony background) that that you can do better. It was that thing about david and goliath but actually david had the upper hand he was like a sniper with the sling shot. And some other stuff. Last malcolm gladwell thing I listened to was a podcast on his and it was debating how mcdonalds fries were better because of the oil used and stuff than to this day. Haha... but all good to me, I only take him with a grain of salt but he poses some intesting points... and I need to read more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
New Malcolm Gladwell book called talking to strangers is fire

It revolves around Sandra Blands suicide but he takes the long route to explain the cop that pulled her over was a symptom of the systemic failure of our law enforcement agency to adhere to society's need for default to truth and recognition of our lack of ability to interpret transparency in diverse peoples.

Gonna update this sometime this week but I mostly just read technical bullshit ud hate and powerlifting manuals
Old 10-11-2019, 02:25 PM   #113
Ghost1

1. Miracles by C.S. Lewis (4/5)
2. Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis (3.5/5)
3. The Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan (2/5)
4. Maps of Meaning by Jordan Peterson (5/5)
5. Intro to old Testament (Harvard Lecture series) by Christine Hayes (5/5)
6. Class Warfare: Inside the Fight to Fix America's Schools by Steven Brill (3/5)
7. Educated by Tara Westover (4/5)
8. Thus Spoke Zarathustra: A Book for All and None by Friedrich Nietzsche (3.5/5)
9. A Delusion of Satan by Frances Hill (4/5)
10. A Storm of Witchcraft by Emerson Baker (4/5)
11. Why Jesus? Rediscovering his truth in an age of mass marketed spirituality by Ravi Zacharias (5/5)
12. A Treatise of Human Nature by David Hume (4/5)
13. The Social Construction of Reality (4/5)
14. The Protestant Ethic and The Spirit of Capitalism (4/5)
15. The Developing Person Through Childhood and Adolescence 11E by Kathleen Berger (5/5)
16. Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi (4/5)
17. Philosophy of Fine Art by Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel (5/5)
18. Paradise Lost by John Milton (5/5)
19. The Social Contract by Jean-Jacques Rousseau (4/5)
20. The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis (4/5)
21. Deadly Spin by Wendell Potter (4/5)
22. On Becoming a Person by Carl Rogers (5/5)
23. Beartown by Frederik Backman (5/5)
24. Us Against You by Frederik Backman (4/5)
25. The 5 Love Languages of Children (4/5)
26. The Modern Political Tradition from Hobbes to Habermas (Great Courses) (5/5)
27. The Coddling of the American Mind by Jonathan Haidt and Greg Lukianoff’s (3/5)
28. Wish by Barbara O'Connor (4/5)
29. Art as Experience by John Dewey (4/5)
30. Consciousness Explained by Daniel C. Dennett (5/5)
31. The Economics Book by DK Big Ideas Series (4/5)
32. Beyond Good and Evil: Prelude to a Philosophy of the Future by Friedrich Nietzsche (4/5)
33. The Book of Mormon by Joseph Smith (3/5)
34. Tao Te Ching by Laozi (5/5)
35. On Liberty by John Stuart Mill (5/5)
36. Powerlifting Training; A Developmental Approach by Matt Wenning (3/5)
37. EliteFTS Bench Press Manual by Dave Tate (4/5)
38. Talking With Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell (5/5)
39. Raising a Secure Child: How Circle of Security Parenting Can Help You Nurture Your Child's Attachment, Emotional Resilience, and Freedom to Explore by Kent Hoffman, Glen Cooper, Bert Powell, Christine M. Benton, Daniel J. Siegel (5/5)
40. The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind, Survive Everyday Parenting Struggles, and Help Your Family Thrive by Daniel J. Siegel (5/5)
41. Parenting From the Inside Out by Daniel J. Siegel (5/5)
42. Misbehaving by Richard Thaler (4/5)
43. Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find—and Keep—Love by Amir Levine, Rachel S.F. Heller (3/5)
Old 10-16-2019, 03:31 AM   #114
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

get real, you read all that or ya posting things to read? and over what course of time you read all that if you did?
Old 10-16-2019, 03:34 AM   #115
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

I read The Satanic Bible --- by Anton Lavey --- and I give it a 66.6/66.6
Old 10-16-2019, 11:34 AM   #116
Ghost1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
get real, you read all that or ya posting things to read? and over what course of time you read all that if you did?
C'mon my guy

Never heard of a 52 book challenge? 1 book a week for 52 weeks......one year

My book list is from the beginning of 2019

I put ratings next to them tho if u wanted suggestions or if u let me know what ur into maybe I could narrow it for u
Old 10-16-2019, 03:25 PM   #117
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

k
Old 10-16-2019, 11:35 PM   #118
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

37. EliteFTS Bench Press Manual by Dave Tate (4/5)

Explain it to me.

1. Management Book for Management Class (2/7)
-POLC! Those are the things you do,
2. Marketing Book for Marketing Class (1/7)
-My personal theory. The more times a book mentions its subject, the more likely that subject is objective dogshit. You could not imagine the number of times a marketing book says the word marketing.
3. Stats Book for Stats Class (5/7)
-Knew all of this shit but it's good.
4. HR MGMT for the HR MGMT Class (0/7)
-Into the toilet it went
5. Raylan by Elmore Leonard (6/7 so far)
-I like it.

Hopefully I can read one book a week, then I will be a smart book man.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:11 PM   #119
Orc
Certified Mother’s Boy

Battle Record: 5-1

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 4
- GBL Season 1
- Lyric Olympics
- Fight Night LXVI
- Fight Night LX
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Picture Roast
- Netcees Battle League (8x)
- NBL Picture League
- Gimmick Battle League
- BA Tag Team
- 1-2 Punch League
- NBL Cypher (3x)
- Battle Arena League
- OM HOF (2x)

Orc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond repute

1. 12 rules for life - Jordan Peterson
2. The Dubliners - James Joyce
3. The money culture - Michael Lewis
4. The importance of being Ernest - Oscar Wilde
5. The great Gatsby - Scott Fitzgerald
6. The tattooist of Auschwitz - Heather Morris
7. The undoing project - Michael Lewis
8. Sapiens - Dr Yuval Noah Harari
9. What everybody’s saying - Joe Navarro
10. Outliers - Malcolm Gladwell
11. The Alchemist - Paolo Coelho
12. The tipping point - Malcolm Gladwell
13. Blink - Malcolm Gladwell
14. King of scars - Leigh Bardugo
15. The outsider - Steven King
16. The priory of the orange tree - Samantha Shannon
17. Notes on a nervous planet - Matt Haig
18. A gentleman in Moscow - Amor Towles
19. Circe - Madeleine Miller
20. So you want to talk about race - Ijeoma
21. Song of Achilles - Madeline Miller
22. Recursion - Blake Crouch
23. The Blood Mirror - Brent Weeks
24. Dark Ages - Pierce Brown
25. The Subtle Art of not giving a fuck -Mark Manson
26. Shaken - Tim Tebow
27. The Catcher in the Rhye - JD Salinger
28. The autobiography of Malcolm X - Alex Haley
29. Skyward - Brandon Sanderson
30. Predictably Irrational - Dan Ariely
31. How to measure your life - Clayton Christensen
32. Black edge - Sheelah Kolhatkar
33. Lifespan - Dr David A. Sinclair
34. Talking to strangers - Malcolm Gladwell

I read a couple more but I lost my original list. Hoping to get to 52 @Ghost1
Orc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:14 PM   #120
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Geeze respect fellas... That's pretty dope

I'll crack a fresh beer & get started on a book but then I just end up reading a bunch of fantasy footbAll articles and watch Below Deck instead
-kungfugrip
Blue Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
b o o k, bags is an intellectual, his daughter is not