Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 11-25-2019, 09:32 AM   #121
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

1. Miracles by C.S. Lewis (4/5)
2. Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis (3.5/5)
3. The Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan (2/5)
4. Maps of Meaning by Jordan Peterson (5/5)
5. Intro to old Testament (Harvard Lecture series) by Christine Hayes (5/5)
6. Class Warfare: Inside the Fight to Fix America's Schools by Steven Brill (3/5)
7. Educated by Tara Westover (4/5)
8. Thus Spoke Zarathustra: A Book for All and None by Friedrich Nietzsche (3.5/5)
9. A Delusion of Satan by Frances Hill (4/5)
10. A Storm of Witchcraft by Emerson Baker (4/5)
11. Why Jesus? Rediscovering his truth in an age of mass marketed spirituality by Ravi Zacharias (5/5)
12. A Treatise of Human Nature by David Hume (4/5)
13. The Social Construction of Reality (4/5)
14. The Protestant Ethic and The Spirit of Capitalism (4/5)
15. The Developing Person Through Childhood and Adolescence 11E by Kathleen Berger (5/5)
16. Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi (4/5)
17. Philosophy of Fine Art by Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel (5/5)
18. Paradise Lost by John Milton (5/5)
19. The Social Contract by Jean-Jacques Rousseau (4/5)
20. The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis (4/5)
21. Deadly Spin by Wendell Potter (4/5)
22. On Becoming a Person by Carl Rogers (5/5)
23. Beartown by Frederik Backman (5/5)
24. Us Against You by Frederik Backman (4/5)
25. The 5 Love Languages of Children (4/5)
26. The Modern Political Tradition from Hobbes to Habermas (Great Courses) (5/5)
27. The Coddling of the American Mind by Jonathan Haidt and Greg Lukianoff’s (3/5)
28. Wish by Barbara O'Connor (4/5)
29. Art as Experience by John Dewey (4/5)
30. Consciousness Explained by Daniel C. Dennett (5/5)
31. The Economics Book by DK Big Ideas Series (4/5)
32. Beyond Good and Evil: Prelude to a Philosophy of the Future by Friedrich Nietzsche (4/5)
33. The Book of Mormon by Joseph Smith (3/5)
34. Tao Te Ching by Laozi (5/5)
35. On Liberty by John Stuart Mill (5/5)
36. Powerlifting Training; A Developmental Approach by Matt Wenning (3/5)
37. EliteFTS Bench Press Manual by Dave Tate (4/5)
38. Talking With Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell (5/5)
39. Raising a Secure Child: How Circle of Security Parenting Can Help You Nurture Your Child's Attachment, Emotional Resilience, and Freedom to Explore by Kent Hoffman, Glen Cooper, Bert Powell, Christine M. Benton, Daniel J. Siegel (5/5)
40. The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind, Survive Everyday Parenting Struggles, and Help Your Family Thrive by Daniel J. Siegel (5/5)
41. Parenting From the Inside Out by Daniel J. Siegel (5/5)
42. Misbehaving by Richard Thaler (4/5)
43. Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find—and Keep—Love by Amir Levine, Rachel S.F. Heller (3/5)
44. The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts by Gary Chapman (5/5)
45. The Art of Choosing by Sheena Iyengar (5/5)
46. Punished by Rewards by Alfie Kohn (5/5)
47. Behave by Robert Sapolsky (5/5)
48. Strangers to Ourselves by Timothy D. Wilson (5/5)
49. Hold Me Tight by Dr. Sue Johnson (4/5)
50. Gifts Differing by Isabel Briggs Myers & Peter B. Myers (5/5)
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:33 AM   #122
Ghost1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORC View Post
1. 12 rules for life - Jordan Peterson
2. The Dubliners - James Joyce
3. The money culture - Michael Lewis
4. The importance of being Ernest - Oscar Wilde
5. The great Gatsby - Scott Fitzgerald
6. The tattooist of Auschwitz - Heather Morris
7. The undoing project - Michael Lewis
8. Sapiens - Dr Yuval Noah Harari
9. What everybody’s saying - Joe Navarro
10. Outliers - Malcolm Gladwell
11. The Alchemist - Paolo Coelho
12. The tipping point - Malcolm Gladwell
13. Blink - Malcolm Gladwell
14. King of scars - Leigh Bardugo
15. The outsider - Steven King
16. The priory of the orange tree - Samantha Shannon
17. Notes on a nervous planet - Matt Haig
18. A gentleman in Moscow - Amor Towles
19. Circe - Madeleine Miller
20. So you want to talk about race - Ijeoma
21. Song of Achilles - Madeline Miller
22. Recursion - Blake Crouch
23. The Blood Mirror - Brent Weeks
24. Dark Ages - Pierce Brown
25. The Subtle Art of not giving a fuck -Mark Manson
26. Shaken - Tim Tebow
27. The Catcher in the Rhye - JD Salinger
28. The autobiography of Malcolm X - Alex Haley
29. Skyward - Brandon Sanderson
30. Predictably Irrational - Dan Ariely
31. How to measure your life - Clayton Christensen
32. Black edge - Sheelah Kolhatkar
33. Lifespan - Dr David A. Sinclair
34. Talking to strangers - Malcolm Gladwell

I read a couple more but I lost my original list. Hoping to get to 52 @Ghost1
dope shit doggy @ORC

whats the best book u read this year????
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:34 AM   #123
Ghost1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
37. EliteFTS Bench Press Manual by Dave Tate (4/5)

Explain it to me.

Hopefully I can read one book a week, then I will be a smart book man.
always train conjugate. max effort variation on Monday and speed work 72 hrs later. press in a straight line not a j hook and press with the lats and tris instead of the chest and traps/. pls be safe.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:12 PM   #124
Ouch

Battle Record: 1-5

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Ouch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant future

@Ghost1 I haven't read shit since then, need to

next time you log in just off the top give me 3 recommendations and I'll read one of them. thanks.

no like, 1984, grapes of wrath, catcher in the rye stuff etc that I've read in school please. And no hunter thompson read a lot of that too over that. Thanks man.
Ouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 09:26 PM   #125
Ryno
Retired

Battle Record: 12-10

Ryno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant future

The Richest Man in Babylon 4/5
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 09:28 PM   #126
Ryno
Retired

Ryno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant future

Copping “A Simple Path to Wealth” next...
Old 12-23-2019, 04:38 AM   #127
slecht
Twitter: @ricanjq

Battle Record: 4-12

Champed
- 1-2 Punch league

slecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant future

Anyone read Carlos Santaneda?
slecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:57 PM   #128
Ryno
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
Copping “A Simple Path to Wealth” next...
^^^ 5/5

“Debt Free or Die Trying” 3.5/5

Currently reading “The mindful twenty something”
Old 01-25-2020, 11:45 AM   #129
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

RUBICON BY TOM HOLLAND - Pretty good but he gets a bit convoluted and show-offish with the semicolons and clauses and whatever in his writing style. No breaking news on the Roman front ( spoilers the republic ended) but he characterizes a lot of ancient figures and whatever.

Now I'm reading KOCHLAND BY CHRISTOPHER LEONARD. unsure why mr. Koch is being such a dick to this union rn.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 04:29 PM   #130
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Finally got around to Cat in The Hat

Vast in its depth and scope...a visionary accomplishment

Embodies the insidious Jesterlike ethos which permeates the Zeitgeist

And is an ardent stance against government conspiracies to cover the crown chakra

With elongated hats. Pulitzer Prize worthy disgusted he hasn’t been nom’d yet
Old 01-28-2020, 12:37 PM   #131
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Got 2 books down so far lol.

Currently reading the children of men
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 11:51 AM   #132
KempoMRK

KempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant future

I read 27 books last year. The best was Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe.

I've been reading a lot this year, currently 8 books already. Might do a breakdown soon. Earth Abides by George R. Stewart has been my favourite so far, really good.
KempoMRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:01 AM   #133
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Can we get either the threat title updated to read “2020” or a new one posted, please?
sral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:20 AM   #134
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

I only read the Bible & dictionary...
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:39 PM   #135
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
Can we get either the threat title updated to read “2020” or a new one posted, please?
Done
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:31 AM   #136
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Ouch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant future

Yeah I've been very brain dead lately to even read the images you posted about how reading stimulates your brain theres no doubt about it... i've got 2 books on my table right now I just grabbed them.. one book is called All the Lights we Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr I put a subway food coupon book as the bookmarker on page 137 it looks like... and I remember part of it... haven't tried to read it in like a year for sure

its a fiction book that goes back and forth between a deaf french little girl and a german nazi kid... who was an orphan and joined the nazi kids youth thing because it was his best option... seemed like a good book but like I said.. only on page 137 according to my book mark.

and under that was a book I never even opened up.. called Aware by Daniel J Siegel.. "the science of prescence" "The groundbreaking meditation practice"... that must have been something my mom sent me for Christmas or something that I never opened so I don't know if thats good or not.

Last edited by Ouch; 02-12-2020 at 06:52 AM.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:40 AM   #137
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

A good book to read, it would probably be better for people that have alcohol/drug addiction issues.. or.. any other sort of addiction really. Its called The 4 agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz... its kind of like a self help book but it never mentions drugs/alcohol or any other type of addiction so when you read it, it doesn't feel like you're being preached at or anything, I hate when books do that, but anyway its a good read those are this the last books I remember reading

Last edited by Ouch; 02-12-2020 at 06:49 AM.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:22 AM   #138
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Yeah seems like it helped you.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:58 PM   #139
slecht
Twitter: @ricanjq

Battle Record: 4-12

Champed
- 1-2 Punch league

slecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant future

I got 7 so far, I'll update soon
slecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 11:10 PM   #140
John Dillinger

Battle Record: 8-7

Accomplishments
-NBL Pic Roast

Champed
-Netcees Writers League

John Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant future

All the Presidents Men by Woodward and Bernstein
Less than Zero & American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
John Dillinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
b o o k, bags is an intellectual, his daughter is not